Install Arc
Options

for this years anniversary ship

1235»

Comments

• Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I figured it out. We're all getting Vulcan shuttles this year.

http://www.doughogan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/probert13a.jpg
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yea we rly need the warp sled lmao. TYPHOON FTW

Quinn we needs moar warp sled. lmao all warp sled s31 groups with maor warp sled FAW I spam lmao jk dont get mad at me dude warp sled is cool
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dauntless makes no sense due to the fact it's NOT a Federation ship to begin with, it was nothing more than an Alien ship disguised as a Fed ship so the alien can lure Voyager crew onto it so they can be assimilated by the Borg for revenge, he got assimilated instead.
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    all bs aside i would have a crisis if we got a NX-01 A dauntless but thats not gonna happen

EDIT: retcon the TRIBBLE out of it i dont care i want one lol
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dauntless makes no sense due to the fact it's NOT a Federation ship to begin with, it was nothing more than an Alien ship disguised as a Fed ship so the alien can lure Voyager crew onto it so they can be assimilated by the Borg for revenge, he got assimilated instead.

But due to lazy producers for Enterprise the Dauntless was introduced as a Starfleet design.
    If Enterprise had never been aired you would have had a valid point, but not anymore.

Besides, with the focus on the DQ it is highly likely that a Starfleet/neutral design related to said DQ will be used and the Dauntless fits the bill.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    For the Roms, I'm hoping for a nice sized ship, not the gigantic dump trucks you see at the RA level. I want more something Ak'rif sized. Small, tactical, sleek looking.

Yup, this.

I've come to heartily dislike the whale like dimensions of most of the Romulan endgame ships.

There are some beauties, the T'Varo is awesome, but most of them are just too big.
  • Options
    cmdrdejocmdrdejo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    I figured it out. We're all getting Vulcan shuttles this year.

http://www.doughogan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/probert13a.jpg

I'd rather that than this "real Klingon Science ship" TRIBBLE.

I don't mean to go on a rant here, but Klingons don't do science like the Feds do. If you are a Klingon you seek out new places and kick the TRIBBLE out of any natives you may find there for your further glory. This means you are not passively looking at the planet to decide that maybe now we can talk to them because they might be smart enough to participate in pointless banter...Klingons conquer you before you become that much of a threat. If PWE really wanted to make the Klingons a unique race they would absorb the simple fact that they are not Feddies in bad latex, Klingons engineer items differently because they have different design goals. If you look at "Enterprise" with their mirror episodes, you see differing emphasis on exploration and exploitation ( with a decided emphasis on crew loyalty to the state). Missions that are decidely Klingon are more Scouting ( BoP is an ideal platform here), raiding/planetary invasion ( most Klingon and Naussican ships excel at raiding) and police actions ( where I see the K'Tanco as a cheap Ersatz cruiser fitting in nicely to maintain presence). What I do not see is any Klingon Invasion craft here...I don't think short if Operation Overlord or Operation Downfall has even been contemplated as far as how logistically immense a planetary invasion could be ( they could just bomb it to the stone age and establish their own bases and slowly expand out Oil Spot style...it's just not epic enough)...If the folks at PWE ( or even Star Trek staff like **** Berman, or Mikey Okuda, but it looks pretty) could get their head wrapped around that simple fact that even a Mathematics BA could do in 1966.
    Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I've been pondering the issue of the upcoming anniversary ship myself and my assumption is that this year we're not going to get engineering heavy ships but sciency ones.

We got (battle) cruisers last year and the year before that and we could get tactical ships during the winter events.

Dev interviews also told us the Romulans would be getting some kind of new sceince ship in 2014, so the anniversary would be a good opportunity to release that as well.;)

Good, Romulans need a SCI ship badly
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    But due to lazy producers for Enterprise the Dauntless was introduced as a Starfleet design.
    If Enterprise had never been aired you would have had a valid point, but not anymore.

Besides, with the focus on the DQ it is highly likely that a Starfleet/neutral design related to said DQ will be used and the Dauntless fits the bill.

Remember, it was only seen in an alternate future.
    Starfleet ships still use Phase Cannons and look like Cardassian space stations on the inside there. And the Expanse, which took 2,000 years to grow to the size it had in the 22nd century, had grown to masive proportions. Perhaps in that reality Janeway managed to take the ship back home instead of it getting destroyed.:)
  • Options
    fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seeing as how the Battle Zone has brought ground combat back to life in this game, how about forgoing a ship in favor of something useful on the ground, say a really interesting device-slot item or a weapon ? (nothing to break up my Dyson set !)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Remember, it was only seen in an alternate future.
    Starfleet ships still use Phase Cannons and look like Cardassian space stations on the inside there. And the Expanse, which took 2,000 years to grow to the size it had in the 22nd century, had grown to masive proportions. Perhaps in that reality Janeway managed to take the ship back home instead of it getting destroyed.:)

Perhaps alternate universe, perhaps merely into the future. Either way the Daunless class is in Star Trek canon regarded as a future star fleet design based upon that Enterprise episode.

I'm not saying that ship will not be controversial, but with the DQ in mind it is simply the most likely option for an anniversary ship. It's star fleet like yet it is alien so the developers can make due with a single ship design.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fauxpasiii wrote: »
    Seeing as how the Battle Zone has brought ground combat back to life in this game, how about forgoing a ship in favor of something useful on the ground, say a really interesting device-slot item or a weapon ? (nothing to break up my Dyson set !)

I wouldn't say it brought ground combat back to life, it's just a very high rewarding, infinitely repeatable zone that happens to be on the ground, with a space version nerfed to near uselessness in comparison.

People play it because its a veritable gold mine of dilithium and marks, not because it made ground combat "fun". It's merely superior to every other farming option.
  • Options
    fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People play it because its a veritable gold mine of dilithium and marks, not because it made ground combat "fun".

I imagine that's true for some people. I play it because it's fun!
  • Options
    acenoodlesacenoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    idk why people want a constellation class since it is a heavy cruiser in game anyways plus i doubt cryptic will rehash a heavy cruiser for a freebee anyways.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Dauntless would be a good ship to introduce. After all, it is a design that Voyager encountered in their journeys not like the Galaxy X which came from an alternate timeline or the Warship Voyager that comes from the propaganda from an alien planet thousands of light years away and hundreds of years in the future.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Dauntless would be a good ship to introduce. After all, it is a design that Voyager encountered in their journeys not like the Galaxy X which came from an alternate timeline or the Warship Voyager that comes from the propaganda from an alien planet thousands of light years away and hundreds of years in the future.

Personally i would not have objections to the warship voyager though. Fantasy or not.
    Let's face reality, there's plenty of fantasy flying around in STO already.

I sometimes think the only reason why we haven't seen Tie fighters or the Millennium Falcon is because it's a rival brand.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Personally i would not have objections to the warship voyager though. Fantasy or not.
    Let's face reality, there's plenty of fantasy flying around in STO already.

I sometimes think the only reason why we haven't seen Tie fighters or the Millennium Falcon is because it's a rival brand.

Well about this Millenium Falcon hasn't appeared yet... well I don't know how to explain.
    Maybe an other player can tell you a secret :D
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The hyperspace drive was tested by a group of aliens in the Star Trek universe, but the gravitational forces in the Star Trek universe caused the hyperspace drive to drop ships into black holes, stars, and other sources of high gravitational forces. The chance of success of surviving the trip was 95%, but that was considered too unsafe for most races. The Kazon obtained a hyperspace drive 20 years ago and have been using it ever since. There was also the problem that hyperspace travel was slower than warp travel and more energy extensive.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The hyperspace drive was tested by a group of aliens in the Star Trek universe, but the gravitational forces in the Star Trek universe caused the hyperspace drive to drop ships into black holes, stars, and other sources of high gravitational forces. The chance of success of surviving the trip was 95%, but that was considered too unsafe for most races. The Kazon obtained a hyperspace drive 20 years ago and have been using it ever since. There was also the problem that hyperspace travel was slower than warp travel and more energy extensive.

Best not to get into the eternal SW vs ST technical comparison. Depending on the faction the forum /website belongs to that side will emerge triumphant.

It's always a headache and too much nerd rage for me though.

Going back to the original discussion.. probably dauntless or Intrepid variant (warship voyager) or a completely original design.

The problem is that we're running low on vessel from the ST canon as giveaway for the anniversary. Not to mention that we know next to nothing about Romulan designs prior to the big D.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For the Roms, I'm hoping for a nice sized ship, not the gigantic dump trucks you see at the RA level. I want more something Ak'rif sized. Small, tactical, sleek looking.
    Good news! Romulan engineers have been working on reverse engineering new technology they acquired while exploring Maw Cluster. The resulting design is very sleek and streamlined. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014

In ST Armada 1 & 2 there were some interesting Romulan designs which weren't huge.
    Different game though so it's a no go. Unless PWE quietly bought the rights for those game we can only dream about those.