test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

for this years anniversary ship

ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
Could we possibly see the typhoon class battleship that I keep seeing pop up in the pve arenas? I haven't seen it in the c-store, nor being flown by any players. I've only ever seen it as a photonic ship ability. Just thought it would be a nice new addition, rather than waiting to see what cryptic designs this time.
Post edited by ghyudt on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Could we possibly see the typhoon class battleship that I keep seeing pop up in the pve arenas? I haven't seen it in the c-store, nor being flown by any players. I've only ever seen it as a photonic ship ability. Just thought it would be a nice new addition, rather than waiting to see what cryptic designs this time.

like the jupiter class as well, if it ever came it would likely be a retro version of the original and it would likely come at the next rank, admiral.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like this too - But they'd have to rework the models a little.

What about the KDF though? I think they should get one of the Siege ships you see in fleet alert, Some of those look damn awesome.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been pondering the issue of the upcoming anniversary ship myself and my assumption is that this year we're not going to get engineering heavy ships but sciency ones.

We got (battle) cruisers last year and the year before that and we could get tactical ships during the winter events.

Dev interviews also told us the Romulans would be getting some kind of new sceince ship in 2014, so the anniversary would be a good opportunity to release that as well.;)
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    We got (battle) cruisers last year and the year before that and we could get tactical ships during the winter events....

Last Year: Ambassador/Kamarag
    the year before: the "sugar free" version of the BortasQ/Odysee

The winter event was not related to the aniversary event.
    (Was the introduction of "lockbox" [slightly different than the current ones] ships with the JHAS)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They should give the Typhoon this year and the Jupiter next year :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

I take the K'Vort!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited January 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Last Year: Ambassador/Kamarag
    the year before: the "sugar free" version of the BortasQ/Odysee

Ambassador: cruiser
    Kamarag: battle cruser
    Oddy: cruiser
    Borty: battle cruiser

so what did I miss here? What's the point of your post?:confused:
    The winter event was not related to the aniversary event.
    (Was the introduction of "lockbox" [slightly different than the current ones] ships with the JHAS)

It's related in the sense that the game as a whole is a context and as it stands the only ships given away for missions are tac and engy ships.;)
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Singularity ship with 5 fore, 3 aft and not a ****ty boff layout
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind that, if for no other reason then to stop people asking for them.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's related in the sense that the game as a whole is a context and as it stands the only ships given away for missions are tac and engy ships.;)

Well, the point was to ask if anyone thinks its a possibility, and to comment on the fact that it hasn't been in the game as a playable ship before. Also, I happen to like cruisers, and its an awesome looking ship.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Typhoon and Jupiter models need a major overhaul before they ever get into player hands.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited January 2014

voporak wrote: »
    The Typhoon and Jupiter models need a major overhaul before they ever get into player hands.

How so? I like the look of the typhoon, if that's what you're getting at. I don't know anything about this jupiter though. I'll have to look it up.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That ship is so ugly, i don't care it's free, I'll give cryptic money to NOT give it to me.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not really sure what I want for the next anniversary ship.

What I DO want is for them to put the tier 5 Ambassador and Kamarag in the fleet ship store along-side their fleet-level counterparts.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I take the K'Vort!

Here, here!! :D Just as long as it's the correct ~350m length, and the wings stay in the "flying position" even when attacking.
    Borty: Federation cruiser with a Klingon skin, built in cloak, and able to load dual cannons

Fixed for you. :D
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited January 2014
    Here, here!! :D Just as long as it's the correct ~350m length, and the wings stay in the "flying position" even when attacking.

I still wonder why they haven't done this, all they have to do is: take the b'rel, lock the wings and change the scaler value to make it bigger, should be easier than the "kitbash jobs" KDF got in the past.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited January 2014
    I still wonder why they haven't done this, all they have to do is: take the b'rel, lock the wings and change the scaler value to make it bigger, should be easier than the "kitbash jobs" KDF got in the past.

Indeed. It wouldn't cost anything near what it would cost to make a new ship from scratch. From what I can tell though, they seem to be under the impression that it's "Negh'var sized".
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a Borg Sphere.

one could hope right?

wouldn't be as extreme as wanting a full blown cube... unless it was many times smaller
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why has this not yet turned into a T5 Connie thread?
    /Floozy
    edited January 2014
    Why has this not yet turned into a T5 Connie thread?

Well don't jinx it!!! :mad:
    edited January 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Well, the point was to ask if anyone thinks its a possibility, and to comment on the fact that it hasn't been in the game as a playable ship before. Also, I happen to like cruisers, and its an awesome looking ship.

You misunderstood:
    I quoted another poster in my quotation box and was thus asking that particular person and not you.;)
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulans dont have a Avenger type battle cruiser yet, my guess, and only a guess, it that its going to be something along those lines...
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Yup, all been cruisers so far.

It's for that reason I'd like...er...anything else.

A proper Klingon, not KDF, science ship alongside a Federation equivilant would be nice.

Or......

Perhaps......

Maybe.....

A couple of new raiders to take advantage of the new mechanic?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Yup, all been cruisers so far.

It's for that reason I'd like...er...anything else.

A proper Klingon, not KDF, science ship alongside a Federation equivilant would be nice.

Or......

Perhaps......

Maybe.....

A couple of new raiders to take advantage of the new mechanic?

Except that they said the Raider mechanic is only gonna be for the Plesh Brek Raider and the Klingon bird-of-preys. Raiders don't really fit within starfleet's play style anyway.

Whatever the ships are going to be (if we're getting 1 for each faction), they'll likely design them with a similar goal. The Kamarag and Ambassador both shared an engineering focus. The previous year's ships also share an engineering focus in regards to the cruiser command system, and they also share a universal bridge officer slot of the same rank.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited January 2014
    You misunderstood:
    I quoted another poster in my quotation box and was thus asking that particular person and not you.;)

I did indeed. I realized it after I had put my post up. Too lazy to go back and change it.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulan ship with 8 fore weapon slots and 10 tactical consoles and two hangers. Really, really big TRIBBLE wings that could not possibly catch or get stuck on anything while traveling in sector space. Better yet just make it big enough to launch it's own Scimitars and we'd be good.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Romulan ship with 8 fore weapon slots and 10 tactical consoles and two hangers. Really, really big TRIBBLE wings that could not possibly catch or get stuck on anything while traveling in sector space. Better yet just make it big enough to launch it's own Scimitars and we'd be good.

With the T5 Connie-skin, and we're talking. :D
    /Floozy
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »

Or a Scimitar with the actual weapons arrangement in Nemesis, 52 disruptor banks and 27 photon torpedo bays.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here is a new idea.....

How about, for this year, people stop wanting stuff for nothing :eek:

I enjoy this game, I think it has what it takes to last, providing it gets support from the player base, but constantly expecting / wanting things for free is not supporting the game.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im hoping its a sci ship this tine im sick of eng ships as give aways.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg