Harks: I wonder how that boy is doing.

Mason: Come in.

*OOC: 'Boy'? By this point, Mason is in his 50s/60s.*
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    James: *Typing away at the pad. * Ensign Firie

*Over the comm*

Firie: Yes Captain.

James: I want to see you about this shore leave request.

Firie: Yes Sir.

*She leaves her small post and makes her way to his quarters. As she arrives and enters the quarters.*

Firie: Captain.. I did not file a shore leave...

James: Of course not.. I want you to send this to the republic in a container... No electric transference.

Firie: Yes sir.

James: That a girl. Later tonight?

Firie: Yes Sir. Next time crank out the handcuffs.

James: Wow. Thats new.

Firie: Oh you have only seen a little bit.

James: *laughs* I bet.

*As she leaves she smirks and leaves to head to the cargo bay as crews are still going through she slips it in one of the progress reports to Matt. *

*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. A lieutenant walks up to Matt with a PADD.*

Lieutenant: Commander, here are the status reports from the Starfleet teams.

Matt: Thank you, lieutenant, but it can wait till the shift change.

Lieutenant: Sir, you really ought to see this.

*Matt takes the PADD and sees James' data.*

Matt: Thank you, lieutenant. Return to your duties.

Lieutenant: Aye, sir.

*Matt walks into Sam's Ready Room and sits down to read the PADD.*

OOC: What's he gonna find on the PADD?
    edited December 2013
    Terry: To separate yourself from this action, there does need to be a face for that doubt in Joral. War at this point is unavoidable best we do it to avoid civilian casualties. Something from what I hear is a specialty of mine.

Look. People will see combat can be avoided. There a way to reveal anything that can turn confidence to us?...

*Terry senses something as he stares outward. *

Republic Special Forces are on their way. The Tal Shiar for once does not know they are coming.

Vornak: I'm giving the culprit to the Tal Shiar. I'd call that a statement.

And how do you know the Republic's on their way?!
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Mason: Come in.

*OOC: 'Boy'? By this point, Mason is in his 50s/60s.*

*OOC: He is refering to someone else. Plus remember he is technically older than that. *

Harks: You wanted to see me Director? The interm President is going to need me for a meeting in a few days and wants to know more about the CIS offer.
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: I'm giving the culprit to the Tal Shiar. I'd call that a statement.

And how do you know the Republic's on their way?!

Terry: Not just lifeforce but its something that I know the Person in charge of their forces. He would not want me in captivity long.. Neither would the Council.

Its like I can see all places if I so choose but its distracting so I choose to ignore it because doing it too much is unknown in affects to me.
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: He is refering to someone else. Plus remember he is technically older than that. *

Harks: You wanted to see me Director? The interm President is going to need me for a meeting in a few days and wants to know more about the CIS offer.

Mason: Harks, the decision's already been made. The Republic is already a member of the C.I.S. Ki'ala gave R'iak authorisation to join the C.I.S.

And no, I didn't send for you. Who asked you to come here?
    edited December 2013
    *R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. A lieutenant walks up to Matt with a PADD.*

Lieutenant: Commander, here are the status reports from the Starfleet teams.

Matt: Thank you, lieutenant, but it can wait till the shift change.

Lieutenant: Sir, you really ought to see this.

*Matt takes the PADD and sees James' data.*

Matt: Thank you, lieutenant. Return to your duties.

Lieutenant: Aye, sir.

*Matt walks into Sam's Ready Room and sits down to read the PADD.*

OOC: What's he gonna find on the PADD?

*OOC: Some way for them to disable their planetary jamming and scramble their network.*
    edited December 2013
    Mason: Harks, the decision's already been made. The Republic is already a member of the C.I.S. Ki'ala gave R'iak authorisation to join the C.I.S.

And no, I didn't send for you. Who asked you to come here?

Harks: Odd for you to say but there is need for Presidential and Senate approval of such a choice. But then again I can see why given who sent me was not shall we say normal...

You do know Newtypes can sense something off in some things including others. The Union it seems does not like the coming arrangement much. Senator Fo'sar sent me and lets say that I did catch sight of that thing on the back of his neck. But something else seems off.
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: Some way for them to disable their planetary jamming and scramble their network.*

Matt: Captain, I owe you one--

*The red alert klaxon sounds.*

John *Over Comm*: General Quarters! General Quarters! All hands to battle stations! Lieutenant Commander Forrester to the Bridge!

*Matt walks onto the bridge.*

Matt: Report!

John: We've got practically the entire Solari Defence fleet heading our way!

*John gets out of the Captain's chair and heads back to the science station as Matt takes his place.*

Matt: Shields up! Ready phasers and transphasic torpedoes!

T'san: Shields up! Phasers and torpedoes ready on your orders!

Matt: Hail the Odyssey!

David: Channel open!

Matt: Republic to Odyssey, are you seeing these Solari ships heading right at us?

David: Captain, the Solari warships are hailing the Odyssey!

Matt: Let me hear it!

Solari Captain *Over Comm*: Federation starship, this is the Solari Defence Vessel Ki'ar. You have no jurisdiction in this system. This is an internal affair of the Solari people and the Republic of United Star Systems. You are ordered to leave the system immediately or you will be considered an intruder in Solari space.
    edited December 2013
    Matt: Captain, I owe you one--

*The red alert klaxon sounds.*

John *Over Comm*: General Quarters! General Quarters! All hands to battle stations! Lieutenant Commander Forrester to the Bridge!

*Matt walks onto the bridge.*

Matt: Report!

John: We've got practically the entire Solari Defence fleet heading our way!

*John gets out of the Captain's chair and heads back to the science station as Matt takes his place.*

Matt: Shields up! Ready phasers and transphasic torpedoes!

T'san: Shields up! Phasers and torpedoes ready on your orders!

Matt: Hail the Odyssey!

David: Channel open!

Matt: Republic to Odyssey, are you seeing these Solari ships heading right at us?

David: Captain, the Solari warships are hailing the Odyssey!

Matt: Let me hear it!

Solari Captain *Over Comm*: Federation starship, this is the Solari Defence Vessel Ki'ar. You have no jurisdiction in this system. This is an internal affair of the Solari people and the Republic of United Star Systems. You are ordered to leave the system immediately or you will be considered an intruder in Solari space.

James: No need for the hostility we were on our way out already. This is your business as you say and we don't have a dog in this one.

*with a wave of the hand the comm is ends*

James: Texira take us out. We don't need to get dragged into this.

Wax: Disgraceful dog.

James: Wax no need for that kind of talk they are right its none of our business.

Wax: True but to shake off that threat like..

James: Commander a warrior does not look for a fight and does his best to avoid one as there is no need to waste life. Life is everything. Wasting it makes us no better than the things we swore to protect people from.

Wax: I will try and remember that sir.

*The Odyssey warps out of the system.*
    edited December 2013
    Harks: Odd for you to say but there is need for Presidential and Senate approval of such a choice. But then again I can see why given who sent me was not shall we say normal...

You do know Newtypes can sense something off in some things including others. The Union it seems does not like the coming arrangement much. Senator Fo'sar sent me and lets say that I did catch sight of that thing on the back of his neck. But something else seems off.

Mason: Firstly, the President approved it when she gave R'iak authorisation to sign the membership, with the support of the Senate.

Secondly, what could possibly be considered 'off' about a Republic Senator having a worm in the back of his neck? That is completely normal, I say sarcastically.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Harks.

Or, do you prefer, 'Captain Northman'?

*Northman finds that a dampening field has rendered his weapons useless.*

Don't bother trying to deny it - I didn't last this long by being blind. Until President Kyoshi, there was no Governor Harks. That's when I got suspicious. I followed some leads, and I found that you had come aboard the Citadel on the same ship that bought ousted Praetor Vala here, but under no name. I later discovered from Romulan Admiral Darov that the reason Vala even made it here 20 years ago was because of Captain Northman. I then asked the transport's captain if he'd taken aboard anyone by the name 'Harks'. He never even heard of you, and your face wasn't in the passenger manifest.

But, don't worry, I can keep a secret. You're up to something - your own personal agenda, for sure - but I think our goals are aligned; keeping the people of the Republic safe.
    edited December 2013
    Mason: Firstly, the President approved it when she gave R'iak authorisation to sign the membership, with the support of the Senate.

Secondly, what could possibly be considered 'off' about a Republic Senator having a worm in the back of his neck? That is completely normal, I say sarcastically.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Harks.

Or, do you prefer, 'Captain Northman'?

*Northman finds that a dampening field has rendered his weapons useless.*

Don't bother trying to deny it - I didn't last this long by being blind. Until President Kyoshi, there was no Governor Harks. That's when I got suspicious. I followed some leads, and I found that you had come aboard the Citadel on the same ship that bought ousted Praetor Vala here, but under no name. I later discovered from Romulan Admiral Darov that the reason Vala even made it here 20 years ago was because of Captain Northman. I then asked the transport's captain if he'd taken aboard anyone by the name 'Harks'. He never even heard of you, and your face wasn't in the passenger manifest.

But, don't worry, I can keep a secret. You're up to something - your own personal agenda, for sure - but I think our goals are aligned; keeping the people of the Republic safe.

Northman: *laughs calmly* You my boy are surprisingly calm about having a notrious figure such as myself at your mercy. You are good my boy.. good enough to foil that little easy to find subterfuge. I wonder if the Broker helped you out on some of it. What will you say when there are ways to sense two life forces in one person and that is quite a bit these days especially when I am in my position.

But the worm in the neck is not so common anymore. The markers are but not the physical ones. So not everyone's dogs are barking.. The Union are a threat especially with Stane and the Elibisi running around. I have seen the reports we can only manage to bog them down in a ground war on each world but I don't see how that will last long.

But it is a good thing...

*He leans back as his hand moves away from a hidden castor, the lights flicker...*

Like you said... I haven't lived this long if I am a terrible player.

Funny I do wonder what this path will lead down since your generation squandered what I gave you, rather forcibly. I will say it is up to all of us to see what that means ultimately.
    edited December 2013
    James: No need for the hostility we were on our way out already. This is your business as you say and we don't have a dog in this one.

*with a wave of the hand the comm is ends*

James: Texira take us out. We don't need to get dragged into this.

Wax: Disgraceful dog.

James: Wax no need for that kind of talk they are right its none of our business.

Wax: True but to shake off that threat like..

James: Commander a warrior does not look for a fight and does his best to avoid one as there is no need to waste life. Life is everything. Wasting it makes us no better than the things we swore to protect people from.

Wax: I will try and remember that sir.

David: Sir, the Odyssey is leaving!

Matt: They have to obey the Prime Directive, lieutenant.

Helm, plot a course towards the 2nd moon, full impulse!

Helm: Sir?!

Matt: Do you have a hearing problem, mister?!

Helm: No, sir!

Matt: Engage!

John: Matt, what are you planning?

Matt: Remember the Prentice Manoeuvre?

John: You can't be serious!

Matt: Best shot we have!

Bridge to Engineering! I'm going to need a fast jump to warp 12 in 4 minutes! I also need you to divert auxiliary power to inertial dampeners and the structural integrity field!

Mitchell *Over Comm*: Aye, sir!

Matt: All hands, brace for turbulence! John, get that probe ready!

*The Republic thunders towards the moon, pursued by 3 Solari frigates. The Republic shakes as her aft shields are hit by phaser fire. The Republic starts to bank hard towards the moon, into its gravity well, gaining enough speed to get out of sight of the Solari ships, using the moon's magnetic fields to jam their sensors. The Republic groans as the moon's gravity stresses the hull as she slingshots around.*

NOW!

*The Republic fires a probe off at warp on a heading towards Solais III while the Republic itself warps out for Solais VI. Due to the sensor problems caused by the moon and the probe emitting a warp signature identical to the Republic's, the Solari pursue the probe as the Republic manages to reach Solais VI without incident before taking advantage of the planet's magnetic poles to hide them.*

Nice work, everyone. Yellow Alert.

*The red alert lighting stops as the yellow alert chime sounds.*

John: Matt, that is by far the most reckless thing I've ever seen you do!

Matt: It worked for Captain Prentice at Witch head.

John: In the 24th Century.

Matt: With a dozen Jem'hadar fighters. I'll take 3 Solari frigates over that anyday.
    edited December 2013
    Northman: *laughs calmly* You my boy are surprisingly calm about having a notrious figure such as myself at your mercy. You are good my boy.. good enough to foil that little easy to find subterfuge. I wonder if the Broker helped you out on some of it. What will you say when there are ways to sense two life forces in one person and that is quite a bit these days especially when I am in my position.

But the worm in the neck is not so common anymore. The markers are but not the physical ones. So not everyone's dogs are barking.. The Union are a threat especially with Stane and the Elibisi running around. I have seen the reports we can only manage to bog them down in a ground war on each world but I don't see how that will last long.

But it is a good thing...

*He leans back as his hand moves away from a hidden castor, the lights flicker...*

Like you said... I haven't lived this long if I am a terrible player.

Funny I do wonder what this path will lead down since your generation squandered what I gave you, rather forcibly. I will say it is up to all of us to see what that means ultimately.

Mason: What are you suggesting?
    edited December 2013
    Mason: What are you suggesting?

Northman: I am saying that if this galaxy is near its end as we know it. This is it. For us it is the end of the world as we know it. Seems to me no one bothered to remember what people talked about and theorized about the presence of Newtypes and what they meant for the galaxy.
    edited December 2013
    Northman: I am saying that if this galaxy is near its end as we know it. This is it. For us it is the end of the world as we know it. Seems to me no one bothered to remember what people talked about and theorized about the presence of Newtypes and what they meant for the galaxy.

Mason: The first time a New-Type was detected, he tried to destroy a starship of over 400 people. The second time, he killed millions and threw an asteroid at an innocent planet.

You see why some people might have been just a tad terrified of new-types.

I've seen the research and I think it's promising, but it's not my place to act on it. That's for the politicians.

And until such time as the Galaxy ends, I will continue as though it intends to keep on spinning.
    edited December 2013
    Mason: The first time a New-Type was detected, he tried to destroy a starship of over 400 people. The second time, he killed millions and threw an asteroid at an innocent planet.

You see why some people might have been just a tad terrified of new-types.

I've seen the research and I think it's promising, but it's not my place to act on it. That's for the politicians.

And until such time as the Galaxy ends, I will continue as though it intends to keep on spinning.

Northman: I was more of the third Director.. But anyway. It will go on for a time but that will be false at some point.

Just beware of those that don't have that mark on their neck...
    edited December 2013
    Northman: I was more of the third Director.. But anyway. It will go on for a time but that will be false at some point.

Just beware of those that don't have that mark on their neck...

Mason: Northman, I beware of everyone. Even myself.
    edited December 2013
    Mason: Northman, I beware of everyone. Even myself.

Northman: Wise man. *He stands up and begins to leave. *

Still might be prudent to keep an eye on them none the less. Good day.
    edited December 2013
    *Romulan-Republic frontline. The Republic fleet has managed to push into Romulan Space, now fortifying their positions to try and force the Romulans to sue for peace.

With the Enterprise's Battle Group, 4 Heavy Warbirds are wailing on the Enterprise's shields while the Enterprise fires a ZPB blast with pierces one of the warbirds' wings. The Yamato then fires her ZPB lances into another, shooting straight through it. The two remaining warbirds break off while the two crippled vessels self-destruct.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge.*

Michael: System secured, Captain.

Thompson: Thank you, Mr Reynolds.

Well, so far, so good. The Romulans are on the run and we haven't lost a single ship yet.

Forbes: 5 have been disabled though. How long until we have to start scuttling ships?

Thompson: Hopefully, the Romulans will end this before it comes to that.
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Plus giving them the one responsible is only a start.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ooc: ok I will post tonight all. Sorry for the delay.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *R.S.S. Reytan, Salavard-class Explorer, Pegasus galaxy*
    *Commanded by a certain Captain John Karo, a tall dark-haired man with a light-ish complexion. *
    OOC: ^fail on the description :P ^

John: "Captain's Log, Stardate 246847.78: Day 3 of my presence in the Pegasus Galaxy- While I have taken the liberty of scanning the anomalies I come across, I continue to have the nagging doubt that scanning anomalies is a good idea... the last thing I want is to have a fleet of some unknown species taking a piece out of the ship's hull. Nevertheless, as we are on a mission of exploration, explore I must! The ship is prepared for years of exploring before our next return to known space. Who knows what we will find here?"
    edited December 2013
    Strauss stands in the meeting room with the holo of terrace and Harper.

Harper: we lost then 9th battle group

Terrace: the 11th is in range to reinforce that area.

Strauss: no let them hold it.

Terrace: General with all due

Strauss: the romulans don't know that the 12th fleet has arrived. They are much bigger then the 11th battle group.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited December 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Strauss stands in the meeting room with the holo of terrace and Harper.

Harper: we lost then 9th battle group

Terrace: the 11th is in range to reinforce that area.

Strauss: no let them hold it.

Terrace: General with all due

Strauss: the romulans don't know that the 12th fleet has arrived. They are much bigger then the 11th battle group.

Clatch: Sir. Between them and roaming Elibisi we are losing fleets the more we throw at them.

Its like they are using the Elibisi more against us than themselves. Perfect guerrilla warfare with genocide in mind. They have eliminated every populated world between them and the CIS lines... Billions dead and Planets ruined.

General you need to form up and start instructing patrols to destroy Romulan ships on sight.
    edited December 2013
    *Danny and Blake come across a man handing out orders and pads. *

Rat: Alright I will process this and you will get this in a few days.

Patron: Thank you.

Danny: Rat...

*Rat looks at him and goes pale*

Rat: Oh TRIBBLE....

Danny... I thought you were

Danny: Dead not yet.

Rat: Look I can't ...

Danny: I am not looking for work, I am looking for my son.

Rat: Your kid?

Danny: Yes. You gave him a contract who set it up...

Rat: Look... these guys are not the usual suspects... These guys are nasty.. Even CSEC doesn't mess with them.

Danny: They won't know Rat.

Rat: *Panicky* Lllokk Danny you were good to use but I can't help...

Danny: Rat he is the only thing left that is dear to me.

Rat: fff fine... His mark was this guy named Clotho...

Danny: Thank you rat.

Rat: Yeah.. Tell me that after I get the hell out of dodge.
    edited December 2013
    Clatch: Sir. Between them and roaming Elibisi we are losing fleets the more we throw at them.

Its like they are using the Elibisi more against us than themselves. Perfect guerrilla warfare with genocide in mind. They have eliminated every populated world between them and the CIS lines... Billions dead and Planets ruined.

General you need to form up and start instructing patrols to destroy Romulan ships on sight.

Strauss: We know what the romulans are doing. And believe me at this point I dont plan on stopping till every Romulan world is burning. Thats why the fleet is moving back to sector 95. We will form a defense line there to stop any attack and let the prowlers run stealth missions into romulan space. Ive already been talking with Fleetcomm about the situation and now that the sitaution in Virgo is finally stable and ships are being heavily produced we will be receiving an additional 25000 ships in a few days. When those ships get here they will push the romulans back to sector 093 and once we have our borders back we go all the way to there capital till we reach it and burn it. Make no mistake we will save what civilians we can but also make no mistake the UNSC council is not against using nova class weapons on any available target.

Strauss sits down clearly tired.

Harper: We can use Manderin Station as a mobil command post at sector 95.

Terrace: what of the Republic

Strauss: from what we can tell they are having better luck and if it keeps up it will open a door for us to move in.
    edited December 2013
    Virgo Galaxy
    UNSC ONI Science Facility 1992

Anders: So how long till the virus will be ready?

Dr. Yai: are you sure you want to do this director we do this there is no going back.

Anders: if you havent noticed the romulans dont really care about who they kill and neither do i. If the virus works it could end the war extremly quickly with an attack on one or two worlds.

Dr.Yai: it will be ready soon director

Anders: see that it is Doctor there are plenty of other people who would be more then willing to finish the work youve started.
    edited December 2013
    Elsewhere

Jacob sits on the bridge of his own specially built prowler. He is alone on the ship other then his ai companion firefly.

Firefly: so what is your plan

Jacob: we know that something is going on in the milky way with the romulans and elbisi its time we go find out.

Firefly: and here i thought you actually where going to retire.

Jacob: you know me better then that im not that old yet.

he taps a few controls

Jacob: prep for slipspace jump now