Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *6 hours later. 5 Solari warships are flying in low Solais IX orbit. They're firing magnetometric charges down into the atmosphere.

15km down, the R.S.S. Republic is suffering shield damage from the electrical storms and charge explosions.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. The lights are out and there is rumbling from the explosions.*

David: Shields are starting to buckle, commander.

Matt: Divert power to structural integrity. Bring us up to 10km from the atmospheric threshold and cut shields.

Helm: Aye, aye.

*The Republic fires her ventral thrusters to bring her back up. Another charge hits and breaches the dorsal shields as she reaches her target altitude.*

David: Shields are down!

Matt: Shut down the generator and polarise the hull plating.

David: Understood!

*The ship rumbles as the charges keep battering the hull. 5 minutes elapse before one hits the RCS ports on the forward-port rim of the saucer, causing the ship to lurch before her gyros and impulse engines take charge.*

David: If we lose another thruster, we won't have enough power to maintain level flight! We'll be forced to leave the atmosphere!

Matt: Can you send a distress call without the Solari homing in on it?

David: I think so.

Signal away.

Matt: Let's just hope someone picks it up before the Solari do to us what the U.S. And British Navies did to U-boats.

*USS Odyssey C, Wax sits back in the Captain's chair calmly.*

Damon: Commander here is the reports for the shift.

Wax: Thank you Commander. Are the duty rosters set up?

Damon: Yes Sir. They are there as well.

Wax: Good. You may return to your duties.

Damon: Still used to Klingon ships sir?

Wax: No. After being around my own kind for as long as I did. I did not feel the need to watch my people continue stupidity.

Texira: Still it was still amusing to watch you get amazingly drunk and...

Wax: That is enough Lt.

*Damon is listening in on the comm station after being called over.*

Damon: Sir. I am receiving a distress call.

Wax: Where?

Damon: It is in the Solais system and Republic in origin.

Wax: Their bullish nature finally bit them in the TRIBBLE?

Texira: Their government yes.

Wax: Naturally.

Damon: Should we head over there?

Wax: Well Of course. I do think the Captain should know about it.

Texira: Speaking of which... Where is the Ensign?

Damon: Where else?

Wax: She has been all over the Captain but that is her business.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *James hears the door chime from his bed and stumbles over to it*

James: Come in...

*Damon walks in *

Damon: Sir we are picking up a distress call in Solais space from a Republic vessel.

James: Let me take a wild guess... Sam's ship..

Damon: They said you were scary good at that.

James: Yeah they always say that. Alright have Wax take us in I will be on the bridge soon enough..

Damon: Yes Captain.

*As he leaves Firi peaks out of the door way*

Firi: Another rescue job.

James: It appears so.

*The USS Odyssey C turns in and warps out to the area... James comes back to the bridge and gets on the comm. *

James: Republic vessel this is Captain James Allen of the USS Odyssey C
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *USS Odyssey C, Wax sits back in the Captain's chair calmly.*

Damon: Commander here is the reports for the shift.

Wax: Thank you Commander. Are the duty rosters set up?

Damon: Yes Sir. They are there as well.

Wax: Good. You may return to your duties.

Damon: Still used to Klingon ships sir?

Wax: No. After being around my own kind for as long as I did. I did not feel the need to watch my people continue stupidity.

Texira: Still it was still amusing to watch you get amazingly drunk and...

Wax: That is enough Lt.

*Damon is listening in on the comm station after being called over.*

Damon: Sir. I am receiving a distress call.

Wax: Where?

Damon: It is in the Solais system and Republic in origin.

Wax: Their bullish nature finally bit them in the TRIBBLE?

Texira: Their government yes.

Wax: Naturally.

Damon: Should we head over there?

Wax: Well Of course. I do think the Captain should know about it.

Texira: Speaking of which... Where is the Ensign?

Damon: Where else?

Wax: She has been all over the Captain but that is her business.

*Solais V, Riva City. Sam is thrown in a cell as two Solari military guards train their weapons on her.*

Sam: You can't just abduct me! My crew's in orbit!

Kola: On the contrary...

*Kola walks in.*

My forces have forced them into Solais IX's atmosphere. Assuming they aren't crushed by the pressure stress and actually try to escape, there are 5 warships ready to shoot her down.

Do you think a Peel-Class frigate can withstand those odds, Commander?

Sam: My crew can take care of themselves, Kola.

Kola: Not for much longer.

*R.S.S. Republic.*

David: We can't take much more of this!

Matt: Okay, restart all systems! Shields up! We're gonna have to fight our way out of this!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Solais V, Riva City. Sam is thrown in a cell as two Solari military guards train their weapons on her.*

Sam: You can't just abduct me! My crew's in orbit!

Kola: On the contrary...

*Kola walks in.*

My forces have forced them into Solais IX's atmosphere. Assuming they aren't crushed by the pressure stress and actually try to escape, there are 5 warships ready to shoot her down.

Do you think a Peel-Class frigate can withstand those odds, Commander?

Sam: My crew can take care of themselves, Kola.

Kola: Not for much longer.

*R.S.S. Republic.*

David: We can't take much more of this!

Matt: Okay, restart all systems! Shields up! We're gonna have to fight our way out of this!

*Before they can get battered some more the in coming blasts bounce right off or are absorbed by the field... *

James: *over the Comm*

It appears you bit off more than you could chew.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Before they can get battered some more the in coming blasts bounce right off or are absorbed by the field... *

James: *over the Comm*

It appears you bit off more than you could chew.

Matt: We didn't bite anything off. They attacked us.

How long until we get shields and weapons back?

David: 5 minutes.

John: Sir, the Solari are returning to Solais V.

Matt: Haul us back into orbit, helm. Start work on repairs.

Helm: Aye, sir.

Matt: Captain Allen, would you care to beam over?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: We didn't bite anything off. They attacked us.

How long until we get shields and weapons back?

David: 5 minutes.

John: Sir, the Solari are returning to Solais V.

Matt: Haul us back into orbit, helm. Start work on repairs.

Helm: Aye, sir.

Matt: Captain Allen, would you care to beam over?

James: Supplies and crews to work on the repairs? Of course. We are supposed to be peace keepers and I would like an explanation on what exactly is going on...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    James: Supplies and crews to work on the repairs? Of course. We are supposed to be peace keepers and I would like an explanation on what exactly is going on...

Matt: I'll meet you in the Observation Lounge.

*5 minutes later, James is led to the observation lounge. Matt walks over and shakes his hand.*

Good to see you again, Captain. I wish it were under better circumstances. Who knows, maybe we'll be the ones saving you one day, huh?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: I'll meet you in the Observation Lounge.

*5 minutes later, James is led to the observation lounge. Matt walks over and shakes his hand.*

Good to see you again, Captain. I wish it were under better circumstances. Who knows, maybe we'll be the ones saving you one day, huh?

James: I certainly hope so Captain. What is the situation?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    James: I certainly hope so Captain. What is the situation?

Matt: We were here to hand Solais' PDF Base in Riva City to the Solari Self Defence Forces. Suddenly, there's phaser fire in the Chambers of Leadership and the Second Minister is accusing Commander Allington of killing the First Minister! Meanwhile, I'm being told by the O.S.S. that it's a coup by the Second Minister!

That would be when we got attacked.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: We were here to hand Solais' PDF Base in Riva City to the Solari Self Defence Forces. Suddenly, there's phaser fire in the Chambers of Leadership and the Second Minister is accusing Commander Allington of killing the First Minister! Meanwhile, I'm being told by the O.S.S. that it's a coup by the Second Minister!

That would be when we got attacked.

James: Well it seems to me that that you have a Second Minister that triggered this and this is all part of a plan. But my arrival however will complicate things as the Solari do not want to bring the Federation into this. I am willing to provide support but if this is to be resolved O.S.S. needs to act.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    James: Well it seems to me that that you have a Second Minister that triggered this and this is all part of a plan. But my arrival however will complicate things as the Solari do not want to bring the Federation into this. I am willing to provide support but if this is to be resolved O.S.S. needs to act.

Matt: Don't you have a Prime Directive to follow? This is at it's heart an internal Republic and Solari affair.

Then again, my distress call could be seen as an official request for outside help...

I'm not exactly going to ask you to leave, Captain. With the Odyssey here, I think we have a shot.

*Solais V, Riva City, Chambers of Leadership. Kola is watching as SSDF troops assault the Republic PDF Base just outside the city.

PDF Riva. Firefights are breaking out everywhere as PDF and Solari troops clash. PDF squads are in defensive positions, either in buildings or behind barricades, while Solari forces try to break in.

In one of the buildings, a PDF squad are getting ready to open fire as the group leader is on comms.*

PDF troop *Over Comm*: This is ATAV Alpha! We're ready to try and break out! Can we get some covering fire?

PDF sergeant: Squad 3 to ATAV Alpha! That's an affirmative!

ATAV Alpha *Over Comm*: Okay, we're coming out! In 3!

PDF sergeant: Suppressing!

*The squad all jump up and start laying down suppressing fire. A Solari squad gets mowed down by the attack as an ATAV lunges out of a nearby garage and starts firing her phasers.

After a few more minutes of intense fighting, another garage opens as ATEVs roll out and destroy ATEV Alpha.*

PDF Trooper: Hey, aren't those our ATEVs?

PDF Sergeant: Get down!

*One of the ATEVs fires her photon launcher, obliterating the building.

Chambers of Leadership.*

Kola: General Dorzi, please tell your men to exercise restraint. The base is useless to us if it's destroyed before we can use it.

General: Yes, First Minister.

Admiral: Sir, the squadron of warships we sent after the Republic have returned.

They... were forced to withdraw.

*Kola glares at him before leading him into his office.*

Kola: They had the Republic outnumbered 5-to-1! In a Gas Giant's atmosphere! How the hell did Forrester force them to retreat?!

Admiral: A Federation ship arrived to aid them, sir. A Birmingham-Class starship.

Kola: Starfleet. They have no jurisdiction here.

Admiral: What if Forrester appeals to them for help?

Kola: It won't matter. Shortly, we'll be the legitimate government and be able to make our own future. The Senate will have to accept that.

No more Meior political dominance. Now it's our turn.

*Sam's Cell. A Solari Colonel walks in and tells the supervising officer to leave.*

Colonel: Have you been well-treated, Commander?

Sam: ...ish.

Colonel: I should apologise for their conduct. Tauri are rather... violent... towards Meior and our supporters.

Sam: Tauri?

Colonel: Tauri are the inhabitants of our western continent. Meior our eastern. You know of the Solari Wars?

Sam: Yes. They went on for centuries to the point where by the 24th century, both sides had nearly exterminated each other.

Colonel: There were various reasons for the wars, but by their end, it devolved into hate warfare. If it weren't for Riva and the crew of the Enterprise, we would be extinct.

Sam: Hence the reason for all the namesake cities.

Colonel: Yes.

Most of us have put the wars behind us and tried to move on as a species. But some, namely Tauri radicals, still carry ethnic grievances towards Meior. The First Council and Second Council were dominated by Meior Councillors.

Sam: Sounds like they had legitimate reasons.

Colonel: They were democratically elected. They weren't in office because they were Meior! They were in office and just happened to be Meior! 3 years ago, the Councils were dominated by Tauri!

You should know, most of the SSDF still don't know a coup has taken place. As far as they know, you assassinated First Minister Taruk.

Sam: How many Meior Generals know the truth?

Colonel: A few, but not all Tauri are with Kola. 6 generals, 4 of them Tauri, are trying to get word out, but some of them have already been arrested.

Daro: Stop talking to her.

*Daro walks in, wearing a PDF uniform, holding a pistol towards the colonel's head.*

You don't know where she's been.

Colonel: Who are you?

Daro: Daro Jenn.

Colonel: How did you get in here? Dorzi gave orders for all PDF personnel to be shot on sight.

Daro: That's okay. I'm not PDF.

Sam: Then where'd you get the uniform?

Daro: Stole it.

Sam: Look, he's on our side.

Daro: Your side. Not mine.

Colonel: What--?

Daro: Who do you think gave Kola and his extremists the weapons to perform this coup in the first place?

Hands up. Come on.

*The colonel reaches for his phaser, ducking before Daro can fire hers and throwing his into her wrist, forcing her to drop hers. He then tries to throw a punch, which Daro catches before shooting her right palm into his forearm, shattering it. She then throws him over her hip before lifting her foot up. Sam turns away as she hears a sickening crack. When she looks back, the colonel's dead; his neck crushed.*
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So far behind now don't know where to start lol.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    So far behind now don't know where to start lol.

OOC: Err... Oops!

I'll quote the posts I've mentioned you in or which are specifically relevant to you here:
    Vornak: How will you get off the planet? How will you contact your people?

Captain, every day Joral's war claims more lives and weakens us. If you're right, then the Eblisi will come soon. We can't enter the Palace peacefully, but I'm not suggesting a takeover. We need to convince Joral of the threat. He is a patriot. He will stop the wars immediately if he believes the Eblisi are coming.

*Meanwhile, U.N.S.C. Space. A centurion walks over to Hanshan with a PADD as he acts on the Emperor's orders to him.*

Centurion: Director, we have located the primary U.N.S.C. Fleet for this region of space.
    Terry: I tried to bring that up with him and he brushed it aside, I don't think he considers them a threat or one he can avoid.

*UNSC Space*

Hanshan: Good prep the the Thalaron weapons and unleash the Obliterator's I want nothing left of them. Nothing for them to rebuild. If we take prisoners kill them, we are not in that business.

My orders are those in line with the Emperor. Kill them all. No survivors.

But first Jam their communications.

*the Sub-LT begins jamming the UNSC forces communications with their lifted algorithm and the Thalaron weapons begin to charge under cloak. *

Hanshan: set up targets to the main vessels target the smaller ones not in the zone with Obilterators.

Sub-Commander: Weapons at the ready sir fully charged...

Hanshan: Fire then. Let loose the dogs of war.

*The ships open fire on the unsuspecting ships killing the people on the vessels... Messy explosions and Obliterators strike their targets.. none remain the worlds in the region are now vulnerable...*

Hanshan: Let us reap our justice on these fools. Begin Planet elimination.
    Vornak: I have a way with people. Besides, he probably believed you were attempting to further Federation interests. Let him hear it from a Romulan.

*UNSC Space.*

Centurion: Yes, Director! Roma Forema!

*The UNSC Fleet is quickly jammed.*

OOC: I'll let you and Logan handle the battle (assuming Logan can participate).
    OOC: I think I'm going to take the opportunity to start redeveloping Hawk's character by delving into his memory - more specifically, the Solain crisis. I've only referenced it in the past as having occurred prior to Sam and the Republic being posted to DS61 and as being instigated by Daro Jenn. It's one of the conflicts I've mentioned behind the scenes that I've always wanted to delve a little deeper into.

*S.S. Tora Zhiyal. Hawk is sitting in guest quarters, trying to piece together what happened to him. He remembered so much of who he was now, but pieces were still missing, such as how he came to work for the D.I.S.

He decides to make an audio log recounting the major events of his life as he tries to piece them back together, planning to work his way back up to the present.*

Hawk: Computer, begin log.

T-Date 14022554. I'm recording this series of logs in an attempt to recount the major events leading up 'till now - to figure out how the D.I.S. got me to work for them.

Well, my memory starts getting a little fuzzy around the time of the Solais Crisis, so I guess I'll start there.

*31 years ago, March 2523. Solais V, Riva. Solais has enjoyed 150 years of unity and peace, and 100 years of prosperity as founding members of the Republic. The once war-torn world is now seen as a symbol and monument to the diplomats of the mid-24th Century. While the planet still has scars from the centuries-long conflict, its inhabitants have never been more ready to live in harmony.

Or, at least, that's what most Solari believe. However, deep beneath the capital, a Bajoran women is meeting with the Second Minister of the Solari Union.*

Bajoran: My contact gave me everything you need to take control of the defence network.

Second Minister: Are you certain the code is genuine?

Bajoran: It came from a Republic captain. Trust me, it's genuine. I can also give your men weapons. Are you sure you want to go forward with this, Kola?

Kola: I must. There can be no peace until the sand runs red with Meior blood.

Just do your part, Daro. Let me worry about the details.

*2 days later, a Republic Peel-Class Police frigate enters orbit; the R.S.S. Republic RSI 0001-C. Within minutes, Sam is on the surface. Officially, she's there to transfer control of the nearby PDF base to the Solari Self Defence Forces. Unofficially, she's there to see a friend.

She walks into the planet's O.S.S. Branch, walking over to the reception desk.*

Sam: Excuse me? I'm looking for Agent Michael Hawk. He's the Security Chief here, isn't he?

Receptionist: I'm sorry, Commander, but you'll need to make an appointment.

*Sam turns around to see two agents watching her.*

Sam: I bet you'd love to get me in a cell, wouldn't you?

Receptionist: That's not why they're here.

Sam: Sure. I got brainwashed and murdered 25 Republic officials and put at least 20 PDF in the hospital and you don't consider me a threat? Give me a break.

Receptionist: Commander Allington, if you continue, I'll have to have you escorted out.

As guards start to approach, Sam tightens her fists. She hated being reminded about what happened to her and hated how the government treated her over it even more.

This was gonna feel good.

Suddenly, she feels a hand grab her wrist.*

Hawk: Hey, cool down a little, Samantha.

*Sam loosens up and smiles as she turns to see Hawk holding her wrist.*

Miss me?

*Sam hugs him, feeling all the resentment fade away.

2 hours later. Sam and Hawk are walking through a park as they catch up.*

So, what was with that little incident in the lobby?

Sam: Don't ask.

Hawk: You never used to have this kinda attitude problem.

Sam: That your way of telling me I broke the rules?

Hawk: No. This isn't example of my sense of humour, Sam. You've changed, a lot, and I don't like it.

You wonder why you keep getting held back at Commander?

Sam: Mike, I'm a traitor, murderer and psychopath.

Hawk: You don't really mean that.

Sam: No, I don't.

*She stops and turns around to face him.*

But the government thinks I'm like that, so what the hell's the point?!

*She starts walking again, Hawk catching up quickly.*

Hawk: It's not like you to give up.

Sam: Like you said, I've changed. I've got no hope of getting any further in my career, so why even try?

Hawk: There's something you're not telling me.

Sam: I'm resigning my commission, as soon as this mission's through.

Hawk: What?! Sam, no!

Sam: Michael, I'm tired! I'm tired of being defined by what I'm not, by synthetic duplicates, by brainwashing! I'm tired of trying to make a difference and make my dad proud of me and constantly getting shoved into the mud! What's the point?! All I'm doing is letting command break my spirit piece by piece! I'm not taking it anymore!

And you can't stop me.

*Sam starts to storm off, leaving Hawk behind.*

OOC: So yeah, this is basically going to be a side-story following the Solais crisis. I've decided to focus on Sam and Hawk here, but you guys can feel free to add your own characters to the mix.

As you may have noticed, Sam's got a bit of an attitude here. This is to reflect that her career's essentially in the mud right now and that she just doesn't care anymore. Part of the fun of doing this is going to be showing how she becomes the kind-hearted soul we saw at the start of the new generation.

So, if you guys want to take part, please keep in mind that;
    1) The Solais Crisis was a Republic event. While I don't mind the Federation being involved (or S.H.I.E.L.D. Logan, hint, hint), can we keep it to a minimum? Say, one Federation ship and one S.H.I.E.L.D. ship or something?
    2) This takes place 2 years before the Romulan Civil War and M's attack.

Enjoy! I'll definitely enjoy seeing how you guys choose to participate!

You can brief yourself on the crisis by just reading everything from page 1152.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: Don't you have a Prime Directive to follow? This is at it's heart an internal Republic and Solari affair.

Then again, my distress call could be seen as an official request for outside help...

I'm not exactly going to ask you to leave, Captain. With the Odyssey here, I think we have a shot.

*Solais V, Riva City, Chambers of Leadership. Kola is watching as SSDF troops assault the Republic PDF Base just outside the city.

PDF Riva. Firefights are breaking out everywhere as PDF and Solari troops clash. PDF squads are in defensive positions, either in buildings or behind barricades, while Solari forces try to break in.

In one of the buildings, a PDF squad are getting ready to open fire as the group leader is on comms.*

PDF troop *Over Comm*: This is ATAV Alpha! We're ready to try and break out! Can we get some covering fire?

PDF sergeant: Squad 3 to ATAV Alpha! That's an affirmative!

ATAV Alpha *Over Comm*: Okay, we're coming out! In 3!

PDF sergeant: Suppressing!

*The squad all jump up and start laying down suppressing fire. A Solari squad gets mowed down by the attack as an ATAV lunges out of a nearby garage and starts firing her phasers.

After a few more minutes of intense fighting, another garage opens as ATEVs roll out and destroy ATEV Alpha.*

PDF Trooper: Hey, aren't those our ATEVs?

PDF Sergeant: Get down!

*One of the ATEVs fires her photon launcher, obliterating the building.

Chambers of Leadership.*

Kola: General Dorzi, please tell your men to exercise restraint. The base is useless to us if it's destroyed before we can use it.

General: Yes, First Minister.

Admiral: Sir, the squadron of warships we sent after the Republic have returned.

They... were forced to withdraw.

*Kola glares at him before leading him into his office.*

Kola: They had the Republic outnumbered 5-to-1! In a Gas Giant's atmosphere! How the hell did Forrester force them to retreat?!

Admiral: A Federation ship arrived to aid them, sir. A Birmingham-Class starship.

Kola: Starfleet. They have no jurisdiction here.

Admiral: What if Forrester appeals to them for help?

Kola: It won't matter. Shortly, we'll be the legitimate government and be able to make our own future. The Senate will have to accept that.

No more Meior political dominance. Now it's our turn.

*Sam's Cell. A Solari Colonel walks in and tells the supervising officer to leave.*

Colonel: Have you been well-treated, Commander?

Sam: ...ish.

Colonel: I should apologise for their conduct. Tauri are rather... violent... towards Meior and our supporters.

Sam: Tauri?

Colonel: Tauri are the inhabitants of our western continent. Meior our eastern. You know of the Solari Wars?

Sam: Yes. They went on for centuries to the point where by the 24th century, both sides had nearly exterminated each other.

Colonel: There were various reasons for the wars, but by their end, it devolved into hate warfare. If it weren't for Riva and the crew of the Enterprise, we would be extinct.

Sam: Hence the reason for all the namesake cities.

Colonel: Yes.

Most of us have put the wars behind us and tried to move on as a species. But some, namely Tauri radicals, still carry ethnic grievances towards Meior. The First Council and Second Council were dominated by Meior Councillors.

Sam: Sounds like they had legitimate reasons.

Colonel: They were democratically elected. They weren't in office because they were Meior! They were in office and just happened to be Meior! 3 years ago, the Councils were dominated by Tauri!

You should know, most of the SSDF still don't know a coup has taken place. As far as they know, you assassinated First Minister Taruk.

Sam: How many Meior Generals know the truth?

Colonel: A few, but not all Tauri are with Kola. 6 generals, 4 of them Tauri, are trying to get word out, but some of them have already been arrested.

Daro: Stop talking to her.

*Daro walks in, wearing a PDF uniform, holding a pistol towards the colonel's head.*

You don't know where she's been.

Colonel: Who are you?

Daro: Daro Jenn.

Colonel: How did you get in here? Dorzi gave orders for all PDF personnel to be shot on sight.

Daro: That's okay. I'm not PDF.

Sam: Then where'd you get the uniform?

Daro: Stole it.

Sam: Look, he's on our side.

Daro: Your side. Not mine.

Colonel: What--?

Daro: Who do you think gave Kola and his extremists the weapons to perform this coup in the first place?

Hands up. Come on.

*The colonel reaches for his phaser, ducking before Daro can fire hers and throwing his into her wrist, forcing her to drop hers. He then tries to throw a punch, which Daro catches before shooting her right palm into his forearm, shattering it. She then throws him over her hip before lifting her foot up. Sam turns away as she hears a sickening crack. When she looks back, the colonel's dead; his neck crushed.*

James: The Prime Directive has me ignore the situation as this is a matter for the native peoples and the Republic. But you did send a distress signal and we acted on that. I see it the way it is and that is what counts. If anything we help the people in need. We are supposed to be a humanitarian armada anyway.

That is how I am reporting it, to say the least. Besides they do say Federation vessels have more defensive capability to them I would say it gives you a much better shot than you might suspect. But trust me get OSS to act that is the only way this ends peacefully.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: Speaking of which Lets move focus to Hanshan...*

*CIS/UNSC Space present day... Planets not yet taken by the outside enemy are burned and ruins of ships are about.. *

Hanshan: I have become death the destroyer of worlds.

Commander: Sir Our Mission is complete the rest of the worlds on our list have been destroyed already.

Hanshan: Explain Commander.

Commander: There are readings much like our scouts from twenty years ago when we tracked a battle between the Federation/Klingons/ and Republic fought the mechanical demon.

Hanshan: Fall back for now with our bounty and form up at the borders now. Maintain the cloak.

I will relay our success to the Emperor.

*In his quarters he kneels before the QEC comm unit and the Emperor comes up*

Hanshan: My liege. We have succeeded but it also appears we had some uncanny help. The UNSC has no bases to run to or worlds to flee to except those in the Klingon Empire and Republic space. I wish to know your command of the gateway to the UNSC galaxy? What is your command my master.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry sits by watching the threads make themselves...but the one he needs is still confounded. He get up for a walk as many are still doing their needed actions to maintain survival. Their leader is looking out a window.*

Terry: Find any comfort in those stars?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: Speaking of which Lets move focus to Hanshan...*

*CIS/UNSC Space present day... Planets not yet taken by the outside enemy are burned and ruins of ships are about.. *

Hanshan: I have become death the destroyer of worlds.

Commander: Sir Our Mission is complete the rest of the worlds on our list have been destroyed already.

Hanshan: Explain Commander.

Commander: There are readings much like our scouts from twenty years ago when we tracked a battle between the Federation/Klingons/ and Republic fought the mechanical demon.

Hanshan: Fall back for now with our bounty and form up at the borders now. Maintain the cloak.

I will relay our success to the Emperor.

*In his quarters he kneels before the QEC comm unit and the Emperor comes up*

Hanshan: My liege. We have succeeded but it also appears we had some uncanny help. The UNSC has no bases to run to or worlds to flee to except those in the Klingon Empire and Republic space. I wish to know your command of the gateway to the UNSC galaxy? What is your command my master.

Joral: Finish off their fleets. Then, annihilate the militaries of the other C.I.S. powers.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Joral: Finish off their fleets. Then, annihilate the militaries of the other C.I.S. powers.

Hanshan: Yes my lord. It will be done.

*The Comm ends, as he returns to the bridge he sits down in the Captain's chair*

Hanshan: I want scouts sent out to find any Patrols and destroy them. Drag them into this unknown enemy region and make it seem they fell victim to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry sits by watching the threads make themselves...but the one he needs is still confounded. He get up for a walk as many are still doing their needed actions to maintain survival. Their leader is looking out a window.*

Terry: Find any comfort in those stars?

Vornak: Not much. I think about how half those stars we can see are Romulan worlds, under Joral's rule, and how most of the others are surrounded by fleets fighting for their very survival.

I find more comfort looking at them. *He nods to his people, tending for children and their families.* They remind me that someone is doing something to make things better - that I'm not in this alone.

What about you, Captain? Find any comfort in those stars? Maybe have someone to look for amongst them?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    James: The Prime Directive has me ignore the situation as this is a matter for the native peoples and the Republic. But you did send a distress signal and we acted on that. I see it the way it is and that is what counts. If anything we help the people in need. We are supposed to be a humanitarian armada anyway.

That is how I am reporting it, to say the least. Besides they do say Federation vessels have more defensive capability to them I would say it gives you a much better shot than you might suspect. But trust me get OSS to act that is the only way this ends peacefully.

Matt: We can't. The Solari are jamming our transmissions.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: Not much. I think about how half those stars we can see are Romulan worlds, under Joral's rule, and how most of the others are surrounded by fleets fighting for their very survival.

I find more comfort looking at them. *He nods to his people, tending for children and their families.* They remind me that someone is doing something to make things better - that I'm not in this alone.

What about you, Captain? Find any comfort in those stars? Maybe have someone to look for amongst them?

Terry: Before all of this people always put me and my sister up on a pedastel because of who our father was and another relative... Being told greatness is a part of us. I had no real parents to speak of just custody between their friends. I don't hate them. They have tried admirably to raise my sister and I and their own children. Still reminds me that I don't really have that person I can relate to.

I still want to find the quiet place in that galaxy... but now with what I can see and do now... It is looking more likely that it won't be possible.

So I look for the people I care about, its odd I could only feel them before now.. I can see them and what they are doing. There is some comfort. The father figure that tried to be that is on Earth still. The woman I love is in another Galaxy for her protection away from war and this ugliness.

*His translucent eyes*

Funny... *lightly laughs* They kept search for an Innovation in the living beings in the galaxy a step up from Newtypes. But they found only me. It is in you too... Though you have more choice in the matter than you might suspect. Your a newtype Vornak... and you have a heavy choice to make and be careful of despair.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: We can't. The Solari are jamming our transmissions.

James: Hmm. Perhaps we can hack their systems. It shouldn't be hard considering we never moved away from ship to ship computer corruption. It is nuts but we could give you the time to get a message out by hacking and and using their signal to boost its strength so the right people hear it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    James: Hmm. Perhaps we can hack their systems. It shouldn't be hard considering we never moved away from ship to ship computer corruption. It is nuts but we could give you the time to get a message out by hacking and and using their signal to boost its strength so the right people hear it.

Matt: Sorry, Captain, but the Republic broke your countermeasures a long time ago. Besides, the jamming is coming from the planet itself.

I wouldn't worry. I imagine O.S.S. is already at work.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Before all of this people always put me and my sister up on a pedastel because of who our father was and another relative... Being told greatness is a part of us. I had no real parents to speak of just custody between their friends. I don't hate them. They have tried admirably to raise my sister and I and their own children. Still reminds me that I don't really have that person I can relate to.

I still want to find the quiet place in that galaxy... but now with what I can see and do now... It is looking more likely that it won't be possible.

So I look for the people I care about, its odd I could only feel them before now.. I can see them and what they are doing. There is some comfort. The father figure that tried to be that is on Earth still. The woman I love is in another Galaxy for her protection away from war and this ugliness.

*His translucent eyes*

Funny... *lightly laughs* They kept search for an Innovation in the living beings in the galaxy a step up from Newtypes. But they found only me. It is in you too... Though you have more choice in the matter than you might suspect. Your a newtype Vornak... and you have a heavy choice to make and be careful of despair.

Vornak: I know. My mother told me a long time ago.

This woman... tell me about her.
  • Options
    enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So whats going on? cuz I wanna play :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: I know. My mother told me a long time ago.

This woman... tell me about her.

Terry: *laughing a little more and sighs as he looks upward* Well. Dani is quite emotional in a good way, her smile and eyes are like an easy way to light up anyone's day. Quite spunky when she has to be...

She is easy to talk to.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

OOC: Er... this'll take while to explain.

Okay, basically, it's 100 years since STO (2555) and the Galaxy has changed a lot. In addition to the other factions, we now have the Republic of United Star Systems (formed out of former Federation colonies, member worlds and bases which declared independence during a Federation Civil War, as well as other powers including powers in the Delta Quadrant), the UNSC (Logan's faction) and several others. The Tholian Assembly has been annihilated by a race called the Shadows(who were subsequently made extinct). The Romulans are at war with the Republic, Klingon Empire, Federation and UNSC and everyone is fighting a race called the Eblisi, a race of semi-organic machine ships seeking to eliminate all advanced life who have already attacked and captured Sol.

The Iconians have also returned and have become a partner to many powers in the Galaxy, hailing from a galaxy which they have called home for the last 500,000 years. The UNSC mainly originates from the Virgo Galaxy and the Republic is performing colonial efforts in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Still with me? It gets better. There's also a new human sub-species called new-types with powers similar to those of Gary Mitchell (TOS: To boldly go...) and multiple new species from the Andromeda Galaxy now Federation members.

Yeah, you may want to pick a faction to work a character with and then which ever one of us who is running that particular faction will pm you with all the information you need to get started.

Right now, we're doing a bit of a flashback/side story to a period 30 years before the current time period revolving around a Republic-centric event called the Solais Crisis. You can follow this just by going back 5 pages. You'll be able to tell which posts are the Solais posts. They're the ones which don't have Q, Vornak or Terry in them.

So, yeah, feel free to join in! The more the merrier!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: *laughing a little more and sighs as he looks upward* Well. Dani is quite emotional in a good way, her smile and eyes are like an easy way to light up anyone's day. Quite spunky when she has to be...

She is easy to talk to.

Vornak: Go on.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

*OOC: Well playing is not quite there as we don't do this in game. I can try and explain.*