test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Terry: *Gets off the table, Cocking his head back. * I agree. At this time there is nothing I can do here.

*Vornak nods as the two begin to make their way out.*

Vornak: I will take you to the underground. Come.
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Luke walks out, leaving Tara alone.

She looks out the window as the Zhiyal and Kenway's ship drop out of warp and approach an M-Class planet. Tara sighs as the two ships enter orbit.*

Here we go...

*Meanwhile, Shuttlebay. Drake, Jack and Mortana meet Kenway as the Elim is powering up.*

Drake: Ready to go, Kenway?

OOC: Did you miss this?
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OOC: Did you miss this?

*OCC: I did.. Thanks for that. *

*Kenway's shuttle Diving Bell goes right past. *

Kenway: Yes. Trust me you want to hurry through before the storms come through.
    edited December 2013
    *Vornak nods as the two begin to make their way out.*

Vornak: I will take you to the underground. Come.

Terry: *Stops as he notices something* Not that way... Tal Shiar platoons.

We would be cut to ribbons. Do you know a better way?
    edited December 2013
    Terry: *Stops as he notices something* Not that way... Tal Shiar platoons.

We would be cut to ribbons. Do you know a better way?

*Vornak nods, heading to a grate.*

Vornak: We can use the ventilation ducts.

*He pulls the grate off.*

Trust me. I've done it before.
    edited December 2013
    *OCC: I did.. Thanks for that. *

*Kenway's shuttle Diving Bell goes right past. *

Kenway: Yes. Trust me you want to hurry through before the storms come through.

Drake: The Elim can handle it.

Well, gentlemen?

*The 3 board the Elim.

Within 5 minutes, the Elim is coming down near the ruins. It's raining heavily and the Elim is having to use it's mag-lift drives to maintain altitude.*

Okay, Jack. Easy...

Jack: This ain't my first landing, Dan.

*The runabout touches down gently. Jack puts the ship on standby as the group go outside. Fortunately, the jumpsuits are waterproof (though that doesn't help Mortana, who's wearing a waterproof cloak instead) as they step out into the rain. Drake pulls out a beacon and shines the light around. The wind is so loud it's almost impossible to hear anything else.*

Drake: Drake to Elim, floods on!

*The Elim's computer engages the lights, revealing the Diving Bell and a cave entrance. The group walk up to it, Mortana noting the smooth bricked edges, rotted away by hundreds of millennia.*

Mortana: This entrance is artificial!

Drake: Kenway and his crew must already be inside! Come on!

*The group enter the dry, quiet cave, the only sound being that of water dripping and the now-quietened wind outside.

The group catch up with Kenway's party. Mortana admires the Iconian architecture.*

Mortana: Amazing. Even after 500,000 years, the chamber's still intact.

*He runs his finger along some glyphs, prompting the glyphs to glow teal.*

An interface.

*He presses down on a glyph, triggering a serene hum throughout the chamber is it lights up.*

Incredible. There is still power!
    edited December 2013
    *Vornak nods, heading to a grate.*

Vornak: We can use the ventilation ducts.

*He pulls the grate off.*

Trust me. I've done it before.

Terry: Looks like I am going to know how a compact ration feels like..
    edited December 2013
    Drake: The Elim can handle it.

Well, gentlemen?

*The 3 board the Elim.

Within 5 minutes, the Elim is coming down near the ruins. It's raining heavily and the Elim is having to use it's mag-lift drives to maintain altitude.*

Okay, Jack. Easy...

Jack: This ain't my first landing, Dan.

*The runabout touches down gently. Jack puts the ship on standby as the group go outside. Fortunately, the jumpsuits are waterproof (though that doesn't help Mortana, who's wearing a waterproof cloak instead) as they step out into the rain. Drake pulls out a beacon and shines the light around. The wind is so loud it's almost impossible to hear anything else.*

Drake: Drake to Elim, floods on!

*The Elim's computer engages the lights, revealing the Diving Bell and a cave entrance. The group walk up to it, Mortana noting the smooth bricked edges, rotted away by hundreds of millennia.*

Mortana: This entrance is artificial!

Drake: Kenway and his crew must already be inside! Come on!

*The group enter the dry, quiet cave, the only sound being that of water dripping and the now-quietened wind outside.

The group catch up with Kenway's party. Mortana admires the Iconian architecture.*

Mortana: Amazing. Even after 500,000 years, the chamber's still intact.

*He runs his finger along some glyphs, prompting the glyphs to glow teal.*

An interface.

*He presses down on a glyph, triggering a serene hum throughout the chamber is it lights up.*

Incredible. There is still power!

Kenway: Mmmhmm. There is I am surprised scavengers haven't found it yet...

* taps the ground with the rapier *

You might want to be careful up ahead. The defense system is still active after all this time.
    edited December 2013
    Kenway: Mmmhmm. There is I am surprised scavengers haven't found it yet...

* taps the ground with the rapier *

You might want to be careful up ahead. The defense system is still active after all this time.

Mortana: I'll go first. The defences will recognise me as an Iconian and allow me through.

*He walks over towards the vault.*

I will then deactivate the systems to grant you access.

Drake: Be careful, Mortana.

*Mortana nods, taking a step into the defence area. Nothing happens.

He takes another step. Again, nothing.

He then starts walking to the Vault door without incident, before touching several glyphs and triggering a low hum as the defences deactivate.*

Mortana: You may now approach.
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Looks like I am going to know how a compact ration feels like..

*Within hours, the two are wandering through the sewers.*

Vornak: We're almost there.
    edited December 2013
    *Within hours, the two are wandering through the sewers.*

Vornak: We're almost there.

Terry: You seem not at all disturbed about what happened in the cell.
    edited December 2013
    Terry: You seem not at all disturbed about what happened in the cell.

Vornak: Captain, we live in a galaxy under siege by technological lifeforms as big as Iconian Motherships, with weapons capable of flooding the minds of everyone across the galaxy with each others' thoughts, constantly challenged by greater evils. Compared to that, the revelation you could safely consume spice without adverse effects is almost normal.

*He abruptly stops.*

We're here.

*He taps the sewer wall, opening a hidden tunnel. He leads Terry down it to the Underground.

The Underground consists of a couple hundred Romulans who are either loyal to the Praetorian Government or seek to see Joral removed from power.

Unfortunately, their goals are made difficult by the fact that the majority of Romulans adore the Emperor.*

Captain Terry Allen, welcome to the Praetorian Underground.
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: Captain, we live in a galaxy under siege by technological lifeforms as big as Iconian Motherships, with weapons capable of flooding the minds of everyone across the galaxy with each others' thoughts, constantly challenged by greater evils. Compared to that, the revelation you could safely consume spice without adverse effects is almost normal.

*He abruptly stops.*

We're here.

*He taps the sewer wall, opening a hidden tunnel. He leads Terry down it to the Underground.

The Underground consists of a couple hundred Romulans who are either loyal to the Praetorian Government or seek to see Joral removed from power.

Unfortunately, their goals are made difficult by the fact that the majority of Romulans adore the Emperor.*

Captain Terry Allen, welcome to the Praetorian Underground.

Terry: Yes that is quite interesting. But my consuming spice is a bit more complex than one might suspect. Right now I can see that the one thing the Emperor is afraid of is the plague.
    edited December 2013
    Mortana: I'll go first. The defences will recognise me as an Iconian and allow me through.

*He walks over towards the vault.*

I will then deactivate the systems to grant you access.

Drake: Be careful, Mortana.

*Mortana nods, taking a step into the defence area. Nothing happens.

He takes another step. Again, nothing.

He then starts walking to the Vault door without incident, before touching several glyphs and triggering a low hum as the defences deactivate.*

Mortana: You may now approach.

OOC: No reply to this?
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Yes that is quite interesting. But my consuming spice is a bit more complex than one might suspect. Right now I can see that the one thing the Emperor is afraid of is the plague.

Vornak: Isn't everyone?
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: Isn't everyone?

Terry: Yes but not only that the Empire is running out of power, I noticed the cut corners in the power centers. Even here I can see it, the processors and conduits are running on limited power.
    edited December 2013
    OOC: No reply to this?

*Kenway is noticeably absent as the group goes forward, then they notice where he is which is not touching the ground and going through as he did before. *
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ooc: sorry all been super sick with the flu
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • ddbrownddbrown Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am just starting out looking for old 9th fleet members or Casual players to alliance with. I am a dad and have a full time job.
    edited December 2013
    *Kenway is noticeably absent as the group goes forward, then they notice where he is which is not touching the ground and going through as he did before. *

OOC: Wow, it's really quiet, huh?

*Drake turns after walking to the Vault door.*

Drake: Kenway, what are you doing?
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Yes but not only that the Empire is running out of power, I noticed the cut corners in the power centers. Even here I can see it, the processors and conduits are running on limited power.

Vornak: Not exactly true. Technically, this place doesn't exist. It was an old terror cell's base during the Civil War. They took the power generators with them. We had to basically tap into the global power grid.

Joral had one thing right; the Empire needed new energy sources. We couldn't support ourselves on what survived the Holocaust.

But he never cut corners. Like I said, we're leeching off the grid. It's not really stable,, but it keeps the lights on... most of the time.

One of the reasons Joral went to war was because he was exhausting our energy supply trying to keep the power centres up and trying to keep from having to cut corners.

I don't agree with it, but desperate times... make you take desperate measures without considering the alternatives.

The old Klingon proverb; Act and you may eat dinner. Think and you may be dinner.
    edited December 2013
    ddbrown wrote: »
    I am just starting out looking for old 9th fleet members or Casual players to alliance with. I am a dad and have a full time job.

Yeah, sorry. This thread doesn't actually have anything to do with in-game role-play fleets.

Personally, I'm surprised this was never moved to Captain's Table...

You might be better asking about RP fleets in the Earth Spacedock Forum. Sorry if this isn't very helpful...
    edited December 2013
    OOC: Wow, it's really quiet, huh?

*Drake turns after walking to the Vault door.*

Drake: Kenway, what are you doing?

Kenway: Just keeping an eye on things up here, something doesn't quite feel right.
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: Not exactly true. Technically, this place doesn't exist. It was an old terror cell's base during the Civil War. They took the power generators with them. We had to basically tap into the global power grid.

Joral had one thing right; the Empire needed new energy sources. We couldn't support ourselves on what survived the Holocaust.

But he never cut corners. Like I said, we're leeching off the grid. It's not really stable,, but it keeps the lights on... most of the time.

One of the reasons Joral went to war was because he was exhausting our energy supply trying to keep the power centres up and trying to keep from having to cut corners.

I don't agree with it, but desperate times... make you take desperate measures without considering the alternatives.

The old Klingon proverb; Act and you may eat dinner. Think and you may be dinner.

Terry: *Rubbing his eyes.* Alright then that hasn't happened yet... Damn... Still trying get things in my head sorted away. The whole existence here has history at every touch and I guess I am seeing the 5th dimension. Past, Present, and later.

Trust me it is only going to get much much worse. I can only help so much if you are willing to listen. The Elibisi are coming, now that Joral has triggered their trap there are going to be things that are unavoidable. They will come and everything they touch is harvested.

If we want this taken care of and the best we can do is to get the details of movements of supplies and have them ready when the Elibisi arrive.

Sorry they tell me my relatives did that a lot.
    edited December 2013
    Kenway: Just keeping an eye on things up here, something doesn't quite feel right.

Drake: You don't want to see the vault?
    edited December 2013
    Terry: *Rubbing his eyes.* Alright then that hasn't happened yet... Damn... Still trying get things in my head sorted away. The whole existence here has history at every touch and I guess I am seeing the 5th dimension. Past, Present, and later.

Trust me it is only going to get much much worse. I can only help so much if you are willing to listen. The Elibisi are coming, now that Joral has triggered their trap there are going to be things that are unavoidable. They will come and everything they touch is harvested.

If we want this taken care of and the best we can do is to get the details of movements of supplies and have them ready when the Elibisi arrive.

Sorry they tell me my relatives did that a lot.

Vornak: We have numbers, Captain, but we cannot fight a war.

However... if we could get Joral to listen to us and realise the threat and that we desperately needed to reposition the military...

Underground Member: It would never work, Vornak. He would have us gunned down before we even got--

You're not suggesting...? We couldn't...

Vornak: I know it is a lot to ask. We barely have the forces to take the palace, but you all know we can do it.

We wouldn't be able to bring down Joral's Government, but this goes beyond him. The fate of the entire Romulan people is at stake.

*His voice as grown in volume as everyone in the chamber looks to him.*

What is more important? Preparing for a revolution that will never come, or ensuring our race's survival for the future?! We're not fighting for the Praetor! We're fighting for Romulus, Romii, Taugus, Rator III and Virinat! We're fighting for our survival and the survival of our neighbours!

Are you with me?!

*The chamber erupts in cheering.*
    edited December 2013
    Drake: You don't want to see the vault?

Kenway: I already do. My crew spotted scavengers here. Plus I can lead the good doctor here through.
    edited December 2013
    Vornak: We have numbers, Captain, but we cannot fight a war.

However... if we could get Joral to listen to us and realise the threat and that we desperately needed to reposition the military...

Underground Member: It would never work, Vornak. He would have us gunned down before we even got--

You're not suggesting...? We couldn't...

Vornak: I know it is a lot to ask. We barely have the forces to take the palace, but you all know we can do it.

We wouldn't be able to bring down Joral's Government, but this goes beyond him. The fate of the entire Romulan people is at stake.

*His voice as grown in volume as everyone in the chamber looks to him.*

What is more important? Preparing for a revolution that will never come, or ensuring our race's survival for the future?! We're not fighting for the Praetor! We're fighting for Romulus, Romii, Taugus, Rator III and Virinat! We're fighting for our survival and the survival of our neighbours!

Are you with me?!

*The chamber erupts in cheering.*

Terry: One problem the snare is war with the UGC and the CIS and then the Elibisi on the other and the plague.

Taking the palace will come but Joral is a bit more ready then you might expect he is right now getting ready.

If you want that survival and future work with me. We are working on that cure Joral comes next.
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Engine Room. James is standing by the Warp Core as the blue light shines on his face. There's a fairly small crew on watch right now, since the Zhiyal's in night shift and planned to remain in orbit for some time. There's just a crew present to respond in case of emergency and to monitor the warp core. Everything else is being monitored, any significant changes being brought to his attention by the computer.*

James: Quiet... I forgot what that felt like.

Tara: Commander Fuller?

*James turns around, smiling at Tara. The two had only met briefly while Jack was handling Tara's operations training, but James knew that she and Luke had been spending a lot of time together.*

James: Miss Forrester. What do you need?

Your replicator's not broken again, is it?

Tara: Huh? No, it's fine.

I was actually hoping to talk to you about Luke, if you have a minute.

James: Of course.

Oh, that reminds me, how's your head?

Tara: He told you?!

James: He tells me everything.

*James grins, confirming his knowledge of the night's events.*

Tara: ...Awkward.

James: Something tells me you didn't come here to talk to me about your personal lives.

Tara: No, I didn't. I saw a photo of Luke's parents. Luke's usually so open to me, but when I asked about it, he practically shut down!

*James sighs.*

James: It's nothing personal, Tara. Luke barely even talks to me about it - and I'm his Uncle - it's something he'd rather forget.

Luke was the victim of a... troubled childhood. His parents never wanted kids and it didn't help that his father was an alcoholic. His mother suffered from depression.

Needless to say, it got to the point where I was taking care of him one day and walked into his room to see his wrists were slit.

*Tara lets out a small gasp. James' look turns steeled, with a hint of anger.*

As soon as I got him to the hospital, I had his parents arrested. The Doctors confirmed he'd been subjected to both mental and physical abuse.

I testified against my own sister to make sure they never hurt him again.

*His expression calms, as does his voice.*

Luke's come a long way since then. He's a completely different man. I'm glad he's moved past what happened to him, but part of me wishes he hadn't done it by purging his parents from his mind.

I'm not surprised he closed down on you, Tara.
    edited December 2013
    Kenway: I already do. My crew spotted scavengers here. Plus I can lead the good doctor here through.

Drake: What Doctor?