What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the dogfighting is dead ?

Comments

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I never said I had a quarrel with you. lol.

Just pointing out you claim to be one of the few that will do No BS #3 rules matches. We will too.

As far as the guy in question, I have no issues with him. I even helped him back in 2012 on his setups.

If the challenge didn't reach the group on this front, you need to network a bit more.

You're request tonight was received though. So challenge accepted.

If the challenge didn't get past your team leader, then something is wrong with your network. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    If the challenge didn't get past your team leader, then something is wrong with your network. :P

There are no leaders mate...
  • Options
    nebulgamnezarnebulgamnezar Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TRIPPLE tap : BO, iso charge , tetrion cascade and torps ... u guys (PANDA) are exploiting it and FAW... Seriously !!! no need big skill for use that...

This is the LAST game i will play where the DEVs dont play their game. Im waiting for Star Cityzen ,that game will be epic and its skill based. In Star Cityzen there is no stupid console, no stupid reputation power and no broken FAW. Plus the DEVs will play their game they make !!!!!
    [System] Link has been on active duty for 415 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes, 16 seconds.
    [System] Zelda has been on active duty for 126 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds.

French Canadian
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    TRIPPLE tap : BO, iso charge , tetrion cascade and torps ... u guys (PANDA) are exploiting it and FAW... Seriously !!! no need big skill for use that...

This is the LAST game i will play where the DEVs dont play their game. Im waiting for Star Cityzen ,that game will be epic and ants skill based. In Star Cityzen there is no stupid console, no stupid reputation power and no broken FAW. Plus the DEVs will play their game they make !!!!!

Complained about Double tap - "Fixed"

Complain about FAW - "Fixed" (see latest patch notes). By the way, we (PANDA) were not even the first ones in the queues to use it. We just got noticed first. 32nd Vipers were using it a long time before us. Credit goes to the PVE heroes for kicking PvP fleet asses with that first :) Grats for shaking things up.

iso charge, tetryon cascade, torps. When was that an exploit? Using the borked Rom boffs that reduced cooldowns on alphas and snb's is an exploit. Remember?

Ahhh, wait. I see the pattern now. Anything not dual heavy cannons used to kill is an exploit. Is that what your getting at?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Complained about Double tap - "Fixed"

Complain about FAW - "Fixed" (see latest patch notes). By the way, we (PANDA) were not even the first ones in the queues to use it. We just got noticed first. 32nd Vipers were using it a long time before us. Credit goes to the PVE heroes for kicking PvP fleet asses with that first :) Grats for shaking things up.

iso charge, tetryon cascade, torps. When was that an exploit? Using the borked Rom boffs that reduced cooldowns on alphas and snb's is an exploit. Remember?

Ahhh, wait. I see the pattern now. Anything not dual heavy cannons used to kill is an exploit. Is that what your getting at?

Double BO have been fixed but the exploit is allways Here, just use MT as exemple !
    and FAW is not fixed read the other forum about it !! there allways the weapon power drain resist probleme ! plus it become boosted with the CrtD http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=941781&page=3
    [System] Link has been on active duty for 415 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes, 16 seconds.
    [System] Zelda has been on active duty for 126 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds.

French Canadian
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited December 2013
    Double BO have been fixed but the exploit is allways Here, just use MT as exemple !
    and FAW is not fixed read the other forum about it !! there allways the weapon power drain resist probleme ! plus it become boosted with the CrtD http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=941781&page=3

This needs further editing. You shouldn't name another player (1), you shouldn't make accusations against said player (2), and you have no evidence to back up your claim (because none exists)(3).
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Clarify what exploit. You keep saying exploit but don't clarify what.

By the way Cryptic says drain works as intended rightly or wrongly so that hardly counts as an exploit. And that thread is stating that raw isn't applying rebuffs so it's nerfed broken.....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Clarify what exploit. You keep saying exploit but don't clarify what.

By the way Cryptic says drain works as intended rightly or wrongly so that hardly counts as an exploit.

MAN ur just ridiculous ...

French Canadian
  • Options
    edited December 2013

How is asking for clarity on a perceived exploit being ridiculous? Calling something an exploit and then not explaining why on the other hand.....
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Has cryptic said that BO should make you immune to ISO and Tet Cascade? What? No, they haven't. Have they said that using them together is unintended or contrary to their design? That they shouldn't work that way? No. There's no exploit here, move along.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What a joke..where's the skill and the pride to be a good and recognized dogfighter using the FAW..any noob can do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    What a joke..where's the skill and the pride to be a good and recognized dogfighter using the FAW..any noob can do it.

Cryptic took it away by making every ship capable of filling any role they want through the use of Universal Consoles/Gear Sets/OP Fleet Gear. Too many resists, too many ways to escape. So damage dealers had to come up with a way to do it faster. Hence, the death of the dogfighter and the rise of the vaper in PvP.

If you want good old fashioned dogfighting again... well, there's always shuttle PvP.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    lmaooo..thats cute but no thanks..i rather stick to the classics than to the no skill uncloak buff faw noob tactics.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Funny thing is, the accused player doesn't even use bfaw.....lol

The skill for a vapour now is to not be decloaked, pick a target unbuffed in between all the grav wells, tbr's tykens etc, hit the target, survive and then disappear without the need for any team assist to kill. If that ain't skill, 4 dhc, rapid fire alpha is? Any Tom can do that....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Whats actually funny is that by looking for an edge it comes across as actually lack of skill and search of easier ways to deviate attention from the facts..shame shame.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    lmaooo..thats cute but no thanks..i rather stick to the classics than to the no skill uncloak buff faw noob tactics.

Refusing to adapt to an ever-changing game? Got it.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »
    Refusing to adapt to an ever-changing game? Got it.

refusing to EXPLOT is not the same !!!

French Canadian
  • Options
    edited December 2013

You still haven't explained what the "explot" is.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013

What is the exploit or more to the point EXPLOT?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    well ppl who defend exploit like this will not exist in SC

This is the LAST game i will play where the DEVs dont play their game. Im waiting for Star Cityzen ,that game will be epic and its skill based. In Star Cityzen there is no stupid console, no stupid reputation power and no broken FAW. Plus the DEVs will play their game they make !!!!!

French Canadian
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Refusing to adapt to an ever flavor of the month game?Super got it..Whats in ur wallet?!!..dont hide the fact of the covering up that vapes set ups are the weakest *&^* i have ever seen but its ok..i love popping em once they fail and run like chickens..classic.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

What exploit? Seriously? I have no idea what you're talking about. If vaping is exploiting, then the whole game must be supper-bosted, because there are no broken powers/abilities/items being used. It's perfectly legitimate (as legitimate as stacking TIF's, ahem...), and works well. You're just butt-hurt because it beats your "skill" build. (spacebar pounding is spacebar pounding, no matter which weapon type or buffs are being used).
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013

How can you defend an EXPLOT if you haven't even said what the accuser is explotting. You do know that now your starting to sound silly.

Explain the explot please....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Refusing to adapt to an ever flavor of the month game?Super got it..Whats in ur wallet?!!..dont hide the fact of the covering up that vapes set ups are the weakest *&^* i have ever seen but its ok..i love popping em once they fail and run like chickens..classic.

See, you've got it now. The fact that a vaper is literally a glass-cannon. They are easy to kill. Failing to do so and losing to a team that relies on vapers for spike is your own fault. Not the fault of an "exploit" (which doesn't exist, apparently, since nobody can tell me what it is). There are counters. It also exemplifies that SKILL is also involved in vaping, since you have to time your vape and position your ship correctly to keep from failing (as well as coordinating with teammates).

A player was mentioned earlier in this thread. He is an awesome vaper, but if no skill is involved, shouldn't everyone in the same setup be just as good as him? Just sayin'.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Vapers..embarrassing and the weakest tactic up to date besides mine spamming tvaros..got me a warning for telling a few of them in ke'rrat.I will not go into further details regarding broken game mechanics cause i will get banned..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I missed the name of the awesome vaper..what was it again?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Vapers..embarrassing and the weakest tactic up to date besides mine spamming tvaros..got me a warning for telling a few of them in ke'rrat.I will not go into further details regarding broken game mechanics cause i will get banned..lol

You'd better get used to it, because Cryptic just keeps releasing more TRIBBLE that is only going to make it worse. I wish we'd never seen the age of the vaper, that the meta-game had never made them a necessity, but it has (and without any broken mechanics/bugs that I or any Panda is aware of). The game is waaaaaaaay beyond the point of no return for those who like their classic setups. It's just not feasible anymore. There really are just too many ways to stay alive, or ignore completely, a classic DHC alpha strike (Valdore, Voth Immunity/FBP consoles/Fleet Shields/DOFFs/team fortress/cruiser command auras, etc...). Spike has to come hard and fast. The vaper is the best way to accomplish that, whether we like it or not.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    we wouldnt have that discution if we was in season 5 , damn i miss that season pvp was WAAAAY more fun !

French Canadian
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I missed the name of the awesome vaper..what was it again?

Surely, someone who has come into this thread and thrown their opinions around as readily as you have, has read the whole thing.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    we wouldnt have that discution if we was in season 5 , damn i miss that season pvp was WAAAAY more fun !

And it's never coming back. Adapt.
    LOLSTO