What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the dogfighting is dead ?

Comments

• naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    *returns to seat*

They're hopefully dealing with all the ERP that goes on and whiners in general discussion.

*hands toffee popcorn to Naz*

So when's the intermission ending? Someone mentioned Voldemort, EMP or elite interceptors and spam yet?

*Sweet* what?? and a bit salty??? You mixed them or what?

Waiting for the TIF thing. Now that would make people pay attention...lol

To say the truth, it doesn't matter nowadays whatever people use - mute argument.

The game will be balanced by the limit of your console slots in a ship.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I never said I had a quarrel with you. lol.

Just pointing out you claim to be one of the few that will do No BS #3 rules matches. We will too.

As far as the guy in question, I have no issues with him. I even helped him back in 2012 on his setups.

If the challenge didn't reach the group on this front, you need to network a bit more.

You're request tonight was received though. So challenge accepted.

Are you talking about me (and are you Salena G)? The only time I come into y'alls chat channel is to set up matches between our fleets. When I was setting up the match with the No BS #3 rules it was basically 6 or 7 against me, with a couple of you guys jumping on me, insulting me, and insulting the fleets I am in with you as the ring-leader (if you are Salena G that is). At the time I told you I didn't know wtf you were going on about as I thought we were cool (as you did help me learn to be a healer when I was first starting PvP) and I was just trying to set up a No BS #3 match-- a match which you guys would actually NOT accept (contrary to what you now claim) without first playing a match with the original No BS rules. Because y'all would not accept the No BS #3 match I did call y'all out on relying too heavily on vape builds and maybe that was the reason you wouldn't accept the match (or something along those lines).

That's what happened. If by "talking big" you mean calling you guys out on heavily relying on cloak-vape builds to win, yeah I did that, and it was the truth. But I also only did that AFTER you insulted me, insulted the fleets I am in, and flat-out refused to play a No BS #3 match without first playing a No BS #1 match. You say y'all will also play No BS #3 rules, but from my experience trying to organize the last No BS #3 match, it took a lot of arm twisting, hair pulling, and concessions on my part to get y'all to agree to it, and that is the reason "you're still waiting for us guys to want another NO BS #3 match." It's just not worth the hassle and it's a hell of a lot easier to play by whatever rules you guys want than trying to get you to agree to rules that we want. I've never had that much trouble trying to organize a match before and would prefer not to go through it again.
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    skurf wrote: »
    Are you talking about me (and are you Salena G)? The only time I come into y'alls chat channel is to set up matches between our fleets. When I was setting up the match with the No BS #3 rules it was basically 6 or 7 against me, with a couple of you guys jumping on me, insulting me, and insulting the fleets I am in with you as the ring-leader (if you are Salena G that is). At the time I told you I didn't know wtf you were going on about as I thought we were cool (as you did help me learn to be a healer when I was first starting PvP) and I was just trying to set up a No BS #3 match-- a match which you guys would actually NOT accept (contrary to what you now claim) without first playing a match with the original No BS rules. Because y'all would not accept the No BS #3 match I did call y'all out on relying too heavily on vape builds and maybe that was the reason you wouldn't accept the match (or something along those lines).

That's what happened. If by "talking big" you mean calling you guys out on heavily relying on cloak-vape builds to win, yeah I did that, and it was the truth. But I also only did that AFTER you insulted me, insulted the fleets I am in, and flat-out refused to play a No BS #3 match without first playing a No BS #1 match. You say y'all will also play No BS #3 rules, but from my experience trying to organize the last No BS #3 match, it took a lot of arm twisting, hair pulling, and concessions on my part to get y'all to agree to it, and that is the reason "you're still waiting for us guys to want another NO BS #3 match." It's just not worth the hassle and it's a hell of a lot easier to play by whatever rules you guys want than trying to get you to agree to rules that we want. I've never had that much trouble trying to organize a match before and would prefer not to go through it again.

You guys had just come off winning NBS3, congrats again btw. And of course us currently being used to running vapers :P, we needed time to make a NBS3 team. Hence us waiting a week before the match...a very enjoyable and close match it was too.

Don't worry Skurf, we have a NBS3 match scheduled with Nova for a week after iPvP, I believe Snog and Zenith are organizing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013

As I recall you set a date and we agreed. We showed up ready and on time.

As far as NO BS #1 went that was never a prereq to a NO BS #3. Herb said we would and we did.

And as far as insults go, you came into a panda ran channel and were disrespectful toward us. I don't care what another Panda says on the forum and if it hurt your feelings. If you come into a channel with lots of Pandas and are rude and insulting expect to get flamed.

You guys had just come off winning NBS3, congrats again btw. And of course us currently being used to running vapers :P, we needed time to make a NOBS3 team. Hence us waiting a week before the match...a very enjoyable and close match it was too.

Don't worry Skurf, we have a NBS3 match scheduled with Nova for a week after iPvP, I believe Snog and Zenith are organizing it.

^^ That was real hard to organize too. Snog asked in OPVP, Zenith replied and posted it on our forum.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry i am a fail N00b with my shuttle and 4 DHCS
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
    edited December 2013
    As I recall you set a date and we agreed. We showed up ready and on time.

As far as NO BS #1 went that was never a prereq to a NO BS #3. Herb said we would and we did.
    This is either false recollection or a flat out lie (hopefully just bad memory). The entire match(es) almost fell through because you guys refused to play by the No BS #3 rules without first playing a No BS #1 match. I said we wanted to play No BS #3 rules since a Panda had challenged the winner of the No BS #3 tourney in the forums. When it came down to it, you guys 100% refused to play the No BS #3 match without first playing a No BS #1 match. After about 15 minutes of "negotiating" and being insulted by you, Biebs (or maybe it was Naz) finally said that "I guess we're not going to be able to play afterall" or something along those lines, at which point I conceded and agreed to play the No BS #1 first. So yes, it was most definitely a prereq. There's no if's, and's, or but's about it.
    And as far as insults go, you came into a panda ran channel and were disrespectful toward us. I don't care what another Panda says on the forum and if it hurt your feelings. If you come into a channel with lots of Pandas and are rude and insulting expect to get flamed.

^^ That was real hard to organize too. Snog asked in OPVP, Zenith replied and posted it on our forum.

I was not disrespectful until 1) I/my fleet was insulted and 2) y'all refused to honor the challenge that you issued on the forum to play the winner of the No BS #3 tourney (fyi, it had nothing to do with a Panda hurting my feelings on the forums as that has never happened).

And yeah, Zenith Nader and Snog are very reasonable people-- more-so than you or I it would appear.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does this thread have a point beyond trash talking?

Is this a "good-natured" debate or would you be pulling out phasers and disruptors at this point to settle things?

Really, I'd like to know. Can't decide whether to issue a bunch of warnings, close the thread, or grab some popcorn with bpharma.

If y'all are having fun trash talking, I'd hate to spoil the party.

But just in case anyone is getting caught in the crossfire here, please send me a PM if you'd like to report any posts for flaming and/or trolling.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »

Is this a "good-natured" debate or would you be pulling out phasers and disruptors at this point to settle things?

Really, I'd like to know. Can't decide whether to issue a bunch of warnings, close the thread, or grab some popcorn with bpharma.

But just in case anyone is getting caught in the crossfire here, please send me a PM if you'd like to report any posts for flaming and/or trolling.

I love this guys humour - Dont bother with the popcorn, he mixed the toffee with the salted popcorn. :)
    edited December 2013
    This is either false recollection or a flat out lie (hopefully just bad memory). The entire match(es) almost fell through because you guys refused to play by the No BS #3 rules without first playing a No BS #1 match. I said we wanted to play No BS #3 rules since a Panda had challenged the winner of the No BS #3 tourney in the forums. When it came down to it, you guys 100% refused to play the No BS #3 match without first playing a No BS #1 match. After about 15 minutes of "negotiating" and being insulted by you, Biebs (or maybe it was Naz) finally said that "I guess we're not going to be able to play afterall" or something along those lines, at which point I conceded and agreed to play the No BS #1 first. So yes, it was most definitely a prereq. There's no if's, and's, or but's about it.

I was not disrespectful until 1) I/my fleet was insulted and 2) y'all refused to honor the challenge that you issued on the forum to play the winner of the No BS #3 tourney (fyi, it had nothing to do with a Panda hurting my feelings on the forums as that has never happened).

And yeah, Zenith Nader and Snog are very reasonable people-- more-so than you or I it would appear.

That was between you and Naz or Bieber or WHOEVER insulted you. Don't bring me into that chat which I wasn't apart of.

If you coming into our channel calling us out on the fact that we NEED THIS and THAT to play isn't a insult I don't know what is. Having further discussions with Naz or Bieber or WHOEVER almost derailed it, that is your problem.

Done with discussions with you.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry I eplot, I use weapons and foul language, my bad
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
    edited December 2013
    That was between you and Naz or Bieber or WHOEVER insulted you. Don't bring me into that chat which I wasn't apart of.

If you coming into our channel calling us out on the fact that we NEED THIS and THAT to play isn't a insult I don't know what is. Having further discussions with Naz or Bieber or WHOEVER almost derailed it, that is your problem.

Done with discussions with you.

Good, because at this point I have no idea what you're talking about. You obviously can't follow a conversation in written words, neither then nor now. It was YOU insulting me, not Naz or Bieber. It was one of them that called off the No BS #3 match because I didn't want to play a No BS #1 match first, at which point I agreed to play the No BS #1 because simply put, it's more fun to play than not play. Naz/Bieber/whoever were discussing matches, rules, etc. with me while you were insulting me and my fleets. Funny how your memory flipped everything around and you had nothing to do with anything. Convenient.
  • galilleosgalilleos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why doesnt cryptic develop something like "Pong Online" then everyone will be happy. but im sure they would manage to somehow p2w that aswell xD
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited December 2013
    Guys, nobody ever remembers the same event in exactly the same way as another person. I'm sure there's validating points to each side of that particular argument, but we, as humans, will naturally remember it in a way that favors ourselves. It's well documented if you care to look it up. No point in arguing about who insulted who first. Really.
    LOLSTO
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Reported. The cut of your chib.

No but in all honesty, this thread has run it's course, BG ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Couldnt have put it more poetically...

I think SC will be a very good game. But he is just blindly spouting how great it will be to STO is just silly and pointless. We had such things happen back like a year ago or so when there was an exodus of PvPers to Mechwarrior Online (forgive me if it's a different game), and even then people said that would finally 'kill' the PvP in this game, and well, here we are.

Last I heard, that game wasn't perfect either.

Anywho, Beluegek, I agree with Regulus, I think this thread has ran it's course.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Star Citizen will be fun with its space combat instead of that ground bot game. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    *passes popcorn to BG*

Nah it's just about to get good I can feel it. I think one of the pandas just found the dragon scroll...

*chomp, chomp, chomp*

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »
    Which is fine, pre-launch, my point is they know people will throw money at them. When the books start looking a little too red, you will see P2W show up. Mark My Words. I have yet to be pointed to a F2P game that hasn't given in to the temptation.

Now, about my Placate question????

My guess is they'll keep the crowd funding "tip" jar/expansion promotion. Seems like it'll have an EvE like economy since there is insurance, ie ships blow up and don't "f" respawn. There maybe pay for mod updates, also I believe there is a sub option as well. So it's basically a multi-sourced based revenue setup.

Slightly OT, I believe there's an option to host a scaled back version as well as modding private servers (to an unknown degree). The current goals seem to be there is "no spoon" in terms of gaming play type options and funding.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dogfighting in an excelsior? Yes please as i. I have and i do :D
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Come on let the guys let off some steam and grab your popcorn! :D That's what I do. No real harm being done here...
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

edited December 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    *passes popcorn to BG*

Nah it's just about to get good I can feel it. I think one of the pandas just found the dragon scroll...

*chomp, chomp, chomp*

But, but, it's in Ancient Mandarin, maybe someone at PWE can help me translate it. :P
    LOLSTO
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »
    But, but, it's in Ancient Mandarin, maybe someone at PWE can help me translate it. :P

here you go
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think this one is even better, and you can learn in 5 minutes too. :P
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
    edited December 2013
    havam wrote: »
    here you go

Thanks... and oddly enough.. well, you'll see :)

Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.
    ~Nolan Ryan
    LOLSTO
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Come on let the guys let off some steam and grab your popcorn! :D That's what I do. No real harm being done here...

I get that this is a forum dedicated to PvP and some of you enjoy trash talk even if you're on the receiving end of it.

I'd be looney to expect a zero tolerance stand against trash talk to go over well.

But trading zingers is only fun till somebody gets stung and starts getting hateful about it.

My general impression is that some members of certain fleets are getting real tired of getting flamed and trolled and they are not enjoying the trash talk or the accusations of wrongdoing. I am also inclined to agree that this thread has just about run its course.

If you guys can't dial back the nasty, or if I start getting official complaints about this thread, we're done. 'kay?

If you want to discuss specific aspects of gameplay that are hurting PvP, by all means continue. That's more or less on topic.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited December 2013
    I get that this is a forum dedicated to PvP and some of you enjoy trash talk even if you're on the receiving end of it.

I'd be looney to expect a zero tolerance stand against trash talk to go over well.

But trading zingers is only fun till somebody gets stung and starts getting hateful about it.

My general impression is that some members of certain fleets are getting real tired of getting flamed and trolled and they are not enjoying the trash talk or the accusations of wrongdoing. I am also inclined to agree that this thread has just about run its course.

If you guys can't dial back the nasty, or if I start getting official complaints about this thread, we're done. 'kay?

If you want to discuss specific aspects of gameplay that are hurting PvP, by all means continue. That's more or less on topic.

:) It's been quiet for a day or two. No worries, we're all friends in the end.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This game had dog fighting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aldo1raine wrote: »

had a trace of it but they were fast to kill it .
  • elkantar1981elkantar1981 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Years ago it was all about the execution of tactics, before doffs and uni consoles and the new lobi/fleet ships.

It was around spike damage, heal, and disabling heal cruisers, either with repulsors or subnukes etc.

And now its more about sci abilitys and disables + burst damage or wannabe faw builds.
  • mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aldo1raine wrote: »

Yes, until my dog died after...
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.