test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Dyson Rep Rewards and Cutscene (Live on 12/19, see post #194)

Comments

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    I could live without a BOFF or DOFF. I am thinking it will be the Voth zone nobody can get into. Get T5 rep to be able to enter it for special missions.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Curious, if you did get Tier 5, you get the Armor yet? And if so, was there a costume slot you had to purchase like with the STF sets?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Curious, if you did get Tier 5, you get the Armor yet? And if so, was there a costume slot you had to purchase like with the STF sets?

Not at Tier 5 yet, but the Tier 5 description where it lists all the rewards includes a costume unlock for the Dyson Ground Set. Have no idea if that project is working or not or if it even exists at the moment.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah there is a costume unlock project for the dyson ground set. I didn't purchase myself but I do have the full dyson ground set. I prefer my boffs in their full maco/omega xii/xi sets over the dyson xii set.

still hoping its a dino mount.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits
    • A large amount of expertise
    • And a special reward we can't reveal just yet

The above is subject to change, but that's the current plan.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hmmmmmmmmm..... I'm still a ways off. Plenty of time to prepare~
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd kinda like a Dr. Allan Grant, Dr. Ellis Stattler, Dr. Ian Malcome 3 pack of doffs for this rep system.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah there is a costume unlock project for the dyson ground set. I didn't purchase myself but I do have the full dyson ground set. I prefer my boffs in their full maco/omega xii/xi sets over the dyson xii set.

still hoping its a dino mount.

Mind sharing how many marks the project is asking for the costume unlock? Want to store enough marks so I can spend time in the Winter Wonderland.
  • c7h16fo2pc7h16fo2p Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if it's a bug but after doing the tier 5 rep project I got no bonus marks/dilithium and no mission/cutscene unlock.

Also showing visuals on the Dyson armour I only got a helmet, no actual armour and with the costume on half of my equipped weapon disappears inside the armour...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Already a thread on this.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, yet again Cryptic underestimates their player base. I just got to T4 Dyson rep yesterday, and seem to have hit that stupid not being able to slot rep xp bug..

Regardless of that, what where you thinking Cryptic??

This reeks of bad planning. As some one who recently completed a course in logistics, I can safely say that some one screwed up the work flow chart for this to have happened, or that the ones responsible for getting this done was transferred to help complete this years Winter Wonderland.

Better hop to it Cryptic, before those bio engineered V-Rexes turn on you.. :eek:
    edited December 2013
    Had a look but couldn't see one... Link..?
    edited December 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=939191
    Here it is. As an additional piece of info many threads that are.active can be found by clicking the Today's/New posts thing at the top under your picture. I rarely search sub forums for threads anymore as this is more efficient.
    edited December 2013
    Cheers.. I had only searched reputation and bugs forums...
    edited December 2013
    Mind sharing how many marks the project is asking for the costume unlock? Want to store enough marks so I can spend time in the Winter Wonderland.

It's 150 marks
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's gotta be unlocking Voth as a playable species. Got to be. With the engineers spawning dino's with lasers on their heads instead of turrets. Called it.
    edited December 2013
    Well you're the first to suggest it being a playable species unlock but I think its more likely to be a boff.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Well you're the first to suggest it being a playable species unlock but I think its more likely to be a boff.

Probably one whose looks can't be changed in spite of them selling the Voth uniform as a player costume.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Lol got to love the dedicated people reaching T5 so soon.
    Utter fail on Cryptics part, this should have been complete upon release, not do some then make it up as you go along....

I sure hope you guys have some fantastic mission to add for completing it. Another Nukara zero story reputation would suck :(

Not surprising however, its exactly how they treated the vet rewards, and they had 1k days to figure that out.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So i got this right? There is currentlynp T5 cutscene and no rewards until whenever?

What about those already finished?

Whats the eta on the missing stuff? You guys know that most ppl judt doing the 2.5k project will be at T5 in about 15-20 days. So hurry up
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally I am hoping the t5 surprise is an equippable helmet with laser beams on it >_>
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice to know I can grind at a slower pace and not lose anything.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow more content released unfinished. Why am I not surprised !
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Taking the grind slowly. Think the team can finish this in roughly 2 weeks?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development.

The forums are becoming more entertaining than the game itself.
    Great. I need to buy a bridge officer slot now...

I usually just discard this new stuff after its 15 minutes of fame then go back to what I was using before.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    I'd kinda like a Dr. Allan Grant, Dr. Ellis Stattler, Dr. Ian Malcome 3 pack of doffs for this rep system.

^^This^^

(Along with our Dino mount...Jurassic Trek, Hi-yo, dino, awaaaaaaaay!)
    Personally I am hoping the t5 surprise is an equippable helmet with laser beams on it >_>

And only equipabble by Saurians and Gorn. :D
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Im past half way on tier 4 of the new rep i hope there sort this out soon hope its a cool boff or group of doff but knowning cryptic it will be a tribble :'(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Im past half way on tier 4 of the new rep i hope there sort this out soon hope its a cool boff or group of doff but knowning cryptic it will be a tribble :'(

Nah. It'll be a Discoball, spewing balloonicorns, as it forces everyone in the area to do pushups -in circular movements. With a cooldown, for when You can remove yourselves from the afflicted area. Say, 5 minutes.
    /Floozy
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    if u are dedicted u should be able to finish it in 20 and half days :) think

16.667 days, to be precise.

Yes, I'm a Vulcan.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nah. It'll be a Discoball, spewing balloonicorns, as it forces everyone in the area to do pushups -in circular movements. With a cooldown, for when You can remove yourselves from the afflicted area. Say, 5 minutes.

There is no amount of money I wouldn't pay for this.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Alternately...

Subspace Dampening Device [2 lobi]
    Removes existing Subspace Amplifier and similar Party Devices from instance; creates a temporary nullification field preventing devices from functioning for a period of 30 minutes.