test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Dyson Rep Rewards and Cutscene (Live on 12/19, see post #194)

Comments

• packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is a reward but it is not live as Cryptic have said there is a special reward coming that they haven't completed yet.

It's possible it's coming with todays patch but nothing has been said so don't quote me on that.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    packer3434 wrote: »
    It's possible it's coming with todays patch but nothing has been said so don't quote me on that.

Nothing in the Patch Notes ... so guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer ....
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i gotta ask... only because im a numbers kind of person but... how in the heck are you at tier 5?

Ive been grinding it pretty steady at 1 2500 and 3-6 150s every day since it came out and I am still only just now about to finish tier 4.

Edit - i quoted the wrong person, but the question stands. Thats like... 8 more hours a DAY than ive been doing, minimum.

Huh? I reached Dyson Tier 5 yesterday too, no biggie. Did several of the 150's, and won maybe 1 or 2 days in total (and wound up at 100,020 Dyson XP; how's *that* for numbers!?).

N.B. I also didn't do a 2,500 project every day, but truly every 20 hours (!). That's an extra 4 hours gain on you per day, right there!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I just finished the Dyson Rep...I knew nothing about this thread, so it was pretty anticlimactic.

I've got to say, Dyson has been the most disappointing Rep...it was interesting to get rewards, but they've all be so useless and none of the equipment is worth grinding for.

The whole "Season 8" just hasn't been thought-through and not having the Rep Reward ready is just the icing on the cake.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kayajay wrote: »
    Well, I just finished the Dyson Rep...I knew nothing about this thread, so it was pretty anticlimactic.

I've got to say, Dyson has been the most disappointing Rep...it was interesting to get rewards, but they've all be so useless and none of the equipment is worth grinding for.

The whole "Season 8" just hasn't been thought-through and not having the Rep Reward ready is just the icing on the cake.

Personally -- and I realize it will not be a popular opinion -- I don't feel all that entitled about getting an end 'cutscene' reward: let's face it, Dyson rep was a breeze, and didn't require any measure of serious grinding.

I *do* believe the Mk XII Tact consoles (the kind that drop) are a joke, though. Yeah, I get it: they're there for peeps with no (high-Tier) Fleet access. But 15% dmg vs. 31% on the Fleet versions?! Really, half the value?! C'mon, Cryptic, no one in their right mind will fit these, like ever! That's the equivalent of a white Mk VII (!) Tact console, LOL. Yes, they come with an extra stat, but no such stat justifies, even remotely, sacrificing half your dmg for!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Personally -- and I realize it will not be a popular opinion -- I don't feel all that entitled about getting an end 'cutscene' reward: let's face it, Dyson rep was a breeze, and didn't require any measure of serious grinding.

I *do* believe the Mk XII Tact consoles (the kind that drop) are a joke, though. Yeah, I get it: they're there for peeps with no (high-Tier) Fleet access. But 15% dmg vs. 31% on the Fleet versions?! Really, half the value?! C'mon, Cryptic, no one in their right mind will fit these, like ever! That's the equivalent of a white Mk VII (!) Tact console, LOL. Yes, they come with an extra stat, but no such stat justifies, even remotely, sacrificing half your dmg for!

TBH I agree with both your points personally. Especially bout the tac consoles, they suck.

Getting the sponsorship tokens and click power is reward enough, though I *hope* they add a nice reward like the old ones, read 30,000 dil. The marks I'd just spend on sponsorship tokens.

As for the special reward bran mentioned, I hope its a Voth Boff with a nice space trait, and a cutscene unlock to finish the story.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so even after at least 3 weeks of some people hitting t5 voth rep i finally hit t5 today and STILL no completed mission or rewards for my efforts (grind).

Don't get me wrong i do like the passive skills i've picked up by doing the rep but that in no way makes up for my time spent on it.

I guess if they don't add it into this weeks patch it will be after the new year if we are lucky
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Today I complete T5 Dyson reputation and I see NO cutscene mission,NO dilithium reward,NO Dyson Mark Reward..is a bug?please fix it
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They still haven't finished T5 cutscene etc. So no it's not really a bug. But they do need to finish this as quite a few have already gotten T5.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why are none of the Tier 5 stuffs in game yet? Simply put, the reputation system is not designed for people to grind for 13-14 hours every day. If all you ever did was one run of Breach Elite every day, you would still get your daily Commendation and 60+ Marks, which is enough for the daily project and 2-3 of the hourly Marks projects. With just that one mission alone, you would still have reached T4 by now. And you only needed to put in 15 minutes of work, leaving plenty of time for shooting snowmen.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Agreed, those tac consoles really need a bit more damage.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I mean, I was kind of expecting a mission.. or a cutscene.. or something a little bit more than yet another "Transwarp to sphere allied space" that I already have 4 of and an accolade.

Not gonna lie.. I was a little bit disappointed.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was not ready yet, but its coming soon.
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, that's good to hear, I just hope it's not "Season 9: The rest of the Dyson Sphere that we didn't finish"
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    klaitu wrote: »
    I just hope it's not "Season 9: The rest of the Dyson Sphere that we didn't finish"

Oh yes, the Cutscene (and T5 rewards) are in the pipe.

Along with an entire Zone of the Sphere (the Voth Zone) which wasn't 'ready' when S8 launched.

:rolleyes:
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And when it finally arrives. It will be a big pot of crock, uh, gold, at the end of the rainbow.
    /Floozy
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Failtastic Cryptic does it again. What is the most shocking part is that you have players defending it.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Failtastic Cryptic does it again. What is the most shocking part is that you have players defending it.
    What is wrong with players defending that they didn't get the Tier 5 cutscene/rewards done prior to people actually reaching Tier 5? I don't have a problem with waiting for Cryptic to get the cutscene/reward done after reaching Tier 5. Not everyone is going to whine like babies every time Cryptic does something wrong. Some people are more mature than that.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait you get a transwarp to dyson allied?

We already have that.

At least make it warp to dyson contested zone, or even voth zone when it comes.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    Wait you get a transwarp to dyson allied?

We already have that.

At least make it warp to dyson contested zone, or even voth zone when it comes.

I believe i've recieved that at every level of Dyson Rep so far. The fact that "TW to Contested Zone" wasn't added in is dubious.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also with the usual rewards for getting to Tier 5 like 750 Marks and 32,000 Diilithium, there is supposed to be some special reward. The general consensus seems to be a Voth Bridge Officer considering that we already get Voth Duty Officers from the Spire and Voth Lockbox.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They already told its is coming in the future. And gave some hints what the rewards will be. I'm sure they are putting finishing touches on how it will be used for the next season.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I don't have a problem with it either. I'm not even done with it yet. Plus I'm sure they are seeing how to make the story progress into season 9 or what ever they will call it.

Other games has done this before. WoW is another and big as it is. They rarely have end story, boss and missions done with the release. They always bring it out like a year later.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • radiantdarkness0radiantdarkness0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

While i am disappointed about the Tier 5 reward not being in place yet (having just reached Tier 5 recently), i'm glad that they chose to release what they had, rather than hold the whole project back until they had that one last piece ready. It's been great to play Season 8, and to be able to play it NOW while i have the time.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Just finished the Dyson Rep and was not given a reward like the other reps could a dev or Branflakes chime in on this?

Tier 5 Dyson pic:

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/8720/p2dz.png

On another note, to those wondering what to do with your command commendation you can slot a new 20hr project titled "Continue to Thwart Voth Efforts" and it will reward you 820 ore and 20 dyson marks. The upgrade project that is now no longer available is the get 5 commendations for 350 marks.

Great sig ;)
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope it's in this coming Thursday's patch, just in time for me to hit T5.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, bit disappointed with the lack of a T5 reward. The Dyson combat armor is still worth the trouble, though.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited December 2013
    nanomorph wrote: »
    Yeah, bit disappointed with the lack of a T5 reward. The Dyson combat armor is still worth the trouble, though.

Is it any better than MACO armor? I've been rocking MK XII MACO since before they created BNPs. I'm still tier 4 Dyson rep.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even still, I will likely never give up my MACO/Adapted sets. All my characters and all their bridge officers use the MACO/Adapted sets.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    Is it any better than MACO armor? I've been rocking MK XII MACO since before they created BNPs. I'm still tier 4 Dyson rep.

I think I still prefer the MACO 2-pc for the shield heal, but the 3-pc Dyson set is alright on its own. The 3-pc skill is useful as an "oh TRIBBLE" button (with the t5 ground power being your "lol no" button), and being an engineer I already have a decent innate shield heal.

The armor does have a nice graphical effect that triggers when you crouch - a cover shield you can shoot through. It's the non-flanking dmg resist bonus, but the cover shield itself is just cosmetic.