test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Dyson Rep Rewards and Cutscene (Live on 12/19, see post #194)

Comments

• ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited December 2013
    I think it stinks having to wait, and secondly if its just a cut scene not a mission it doubly stinks, games developers should develop playable game content. They could get fans to do cut scene animations for nothing.

I've got 2 more toons close to finishing and wanted to use XP boosts on the one that spent dyson rep token things on the torp.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits
    • A large amount of expertise
    • And a special reward we can't reveal just yet

The above is subject to change, but that's the current plan.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

LOL. Unlike the other reps, you made the new dyson rep easier and quicker to level up, thus not giving you time to finish it before everybody started hitting tier 5. :D

Well I just hit tier 4 on my main and it will be at least a couple weeks before I finally complete tier 5. Hopefully you'll have it finished by then. I look forward to that "special reward". (I hope it's not special ed special, like a short shuttle hehe.)

Thanks for notifying us about it. :)
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    as of right now you don't even get the Dil or EC reward either. I hit t5 and nothing happened but accolade that I got Dyson Rep T5. no t5 mission, no dil reward, no ec reward, nada, nothing, zilch, zero.

di you go to Arny to collect if you did that sucks
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bran,
    Could you at least add this to the current issues portion of the patch notes?

Might (doubtful) prevent people from asking where is it.

Hoping to see the reward soon, just finished Tier 5 and was a little disappointed the cut scene wasn't there.

Thanks!
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am in the wrong line of work if there are programmers who can turn in their work incomplete and still keep their jobs.

:rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you kidding me? This still isn't fixed? Shameful. I'd be out of a job if I performed my duties like this. You knowingly released a bug riddled and incomplete season? We're... over a month into this now? And it's been over 2 weeks since you advised us as to the T5 cutscene/rewards status... Just looked at the Tribble Patch Notes, and no mention of a fix still. Are you guys hiring? I promise, I can learn to do nothing and get paid for it. I can change my ways, really. :mad:
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i gotta ask... only because im a numbers kind of person but... how in the heck are you at tier 5?

Ive been grinding it pretty steady at 1 2500 and 3-6 150s every day since it came out and I am still only just now about to finish tier 4.

Edit - i quoted the wrong person, but the question stands. Thats like... 8 more hours a DAY than ive been doing, minimum.

I am also at Tier 5 (hit just yesterday, actually), and I only play about an hour or so each day, though I played for a good while the first week it came out, and amassed a decent amount of Dyson Marks. However, on this last point, you DO know there are those special projects wherein you can buy 5 Dyson Commendations with 350 Dyson Marks, right? Do that a time or two (you can earn 100 DM each day just by the Allied and Contested Dailies alone, not to mention the min-missions and such) and do at least one "daily" per day for the Commendation, and you'll have plenty of them to drop one every 20 hours.

Following this pattern, you could be well at Tier 5 by now; sooner if you started it from the outset.

However, I have run around both the Allied and Contested Spires looking for the cue for the next cut-scene, rewards, etc., and nope, NADA...

[EDIT]: Just saw Bran's post after posting this. I must say I agree with the others: REALLY?? All this hype about the new Rep system, the bragging on how cool the T5 rewards would be during that live broadcast wherein we got to ask questions, and it ISN'T DONE??!! Like one other person said, I think I will go to my boss, ask for the raise I should get for the project I'm working on, but tell him I'll have it to him sometime next year - though assure him it "will be really cool; just can't spoil the details yet!"
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Do you know what the saddest part of it is? Very little rage. This how Cryptic operates.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Apparently on Tribble, the Voth lockbox ships had their console information altered. A Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser is added to the list of ships that can use the Voth Lockbox consoles and there is a new console for the set called Console - Universal - Ward Repair Ship. The third set bonus is the Voth Battle Cloak. So Feds will finally be able to get a Battle Cloak on a ship.

There is no proof that the Bulwark will be the reward for getting to Tier 5, but it makes sense for getting to Tier 5 in a Reputation to be another method to release these type of ships. Besides a new ship is far better than a Bridge Officer or Duty Officer. There is also the possibility that this will be the Anniversary ship.
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Apparently on Tribble, the Voth lockbox ships had their console information altered. A Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser is added to the list of ships that can use the Voth Lockbox consoles and there is a new console for the set called Console - Universal - Ward Repair Ship. The third set bonus is the Voth Battle Cloak. So Feds will finally be able to get a Battle Cloak on a ship.

There is no proof that the Bulwark will be the reward for getting to Tier 5, but it makes sense for getting to Tier 5 in a Reputation to be another method to release these type of ships. Besides a new ship is far better than a Bridge Officer or Duty Officer. There is also the possibility that this will be the Anniversary ship.

That would make me try and get the Voth ships... Like, buy a bunch of keys type of try

I want a battle cloak, even more than I want a Tholian Orb Weaver
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013

For an anniversary ship, I highly doubt that. I think the Anniversary ship (for each faction) will be something completely different than a Voth ship. There's no reason why the anniversary ship to be a Voth ship anyway.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    These are being added tomorrow :) Please watch for the patch notes post in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get this out!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These are being added tomorrow :) Please watch for the patch notes post in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get this out!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Come on Branflakes, please, just one small hint on what that "special reward" is tomorrow? The suspense must be killing you. Does it have anything to do with this? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14102241&postcount=1
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now now. That would be telling. Patience, young Padawan. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited December 2013

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If I get hit by a comet, or abducted by Vulcans between now and when you unveil it, I will never forgive you :p
    edited December 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Patience, young Padawan.

Young Padawan? Go back to SWTOR.
    alan171717 wrote: »
    If I get hit by a comet, or abducted by Vulcans between now and when you unveil it, I will never forgive you :p

Vulcans? More likely the Elachi. How many have you killed recently?
    edited December 2013
    That would make me try and get the Voth ships... Like, buy a bunch of keys type of try

I want a battle cloak, even more than I want a Tholian Orb Weaver

If you buy a bunch of keys, it is usually far cheaper to sell the keys on the exchange and purchase the ships from the exchange than use keys to open lockboxes.
    edited December 2013
    If you buy a bunch of keys, it is usually far cheaper to sell the keys on the exchange and purchase the ships from the exchange than use keys to open lockboxes.

Shhhhh, don't give away my plan
    edited December 2013
    Shhhhh, don't give away my plan

It is amazing how many people get mad about spending over $100 on opening Lockboxes and not getting a single Lockbox that I wanted to make sure that you knew the better option to getting a Lockbox ship. No worries if you already knew it.
    edited December 2013
    It is amazing how many people get mad about spending over $100 on opening Lockboxes and not getting a single Lockbox that I wanted to make sure that you knew the better option to getting a Lockbox ship. No worries if you already knew it.

Yeah, after spending 40 bucks on lockbox keys and getting nothing, I went cold turkey on them, even though I love to gamble
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thing is if everyone sold lock box keys to get a ship then there wouldn't be a ship to buy.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Thing is if everyone sold lock box keys to get a ship then there wouldn't be a ship to buy.

There will always be people buying those keys to open lockboxes in order to obtain lobi crystals. Not everyone opening lockboxes wants one of the lockbox ships. That may come as a surprise, but it's true. Some players could be after the lobi ships, in which case they will sell the lockbox ship in order to buy the lobi ship.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I never open boxes wanting ships as I'm content with my current ships atm I want lobi and some of the other goodies in the so its not surprising.

Edit: that's not to say I don't want those ships I just don't open boxes wanting them.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I never open boxes wanting ships as I'm content with my current ships atm I want lobi and some of the other goodies in the so its not surprising.

If you have a Voth Flight Deck, I will trade you 25 keys :p
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Very nice.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Ferasan reached Tier 5 just this morning, and one of my Caitians will be Tier 5 when the daily Commendation project finishes in about 9 hours from now! Perfect timing, I'd say! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Do you know what the saddest part of it is? Very little rage. This how Cryptic operates.
    Why rage? This is a game for casuals. Players who played casually are getting to Tier 5 within the next few days. They won't notice nor care that anything was missing.

I reached Tier 5 yesterday but I sometimes slotted more than one small rep project per day. Had I not done so and only slotted the big one and only one small project per day, I'd have reached Tier 5 on friday or saturday. I always expected Cryptic to patch in the final reward when us casuals got to that point.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Why rage? This is a game for casuals. Players who played casually are getting to Tier 5 within the next few days. They won't notice nor care that anything was missing.

I reached Tier 5 yesterday but I sometimes slotted more than one small rep project per day. Had I not done so and only slotted the big one and only one small project per day, I'd have reached Tier 5 on friday or saturday. I always expected Cryptic to patch in the final reward when us casuals got to that point.

Day before yesterday myself. Would have preferred to have access to the T5 mission immediately, but i understand that development takes time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

I reached Tier 5 Dyson about a week ago, and I already knew that there was going to be a mission in the works so I wasn't worried about it, so in a couple of hours, I'll be able to get the mission and be completed on my main character.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I did not get my dil or mark rewards after viewing the new cut scene today.