test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Dyson Rep Rewards and Cutscene (Live on 12/19, see post #194)

Comments

• mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2013

3. Color palette differences are partially because the promo art was generated before the colors, textures, and materials were locked down for the armor. The main metal is intentionally limited to our grey metal color selections, but you should be able to get close to the shot with the three Voth. And the other two channels give a wide range of color options. That said, the shine and reflective properties of metal might look dramatically different depending what zone you are in (different lighting generates different results - same as real life, it's often just more noticeable on metal).

Thank you for clearing this up.
    If the armor colour options are locked down intentionally, any chance for the Dyson Experimental Rifle to get that metal grey too, or any of the metal colour from the options the armor has? Atm only the voth ground weapons from lockboxes match the armor style, while the set weapon is white... On other ground sets like MACO and Omega, the armor matches the weapon colour/theme, even just with the option to enable armor visuals, let alone the costume options.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dyson...new "Heavy Combat Armor" costume.
    ...the color pallets don't match [the promo art]
    ...the shoulder pads are different
    ...can't make the glowy-bits light up

:(
    Hiya! Thanks for the heads up and feedback guys.

Soooo...in reverse order :)

1. Glowy bits not being glowy is definitely a bug (visor and chest lights). It absolutely shouldn't be black unless that's what you choose. Fix is going in as we speak! Should be in an upcoming build soon.

2. Shoulder pads are different by design to help differentiate between enemy critters and players.

3. Color palette differences are partially because the promo art was generated before the colors, textures, and materials were locked down for the armor. The main metal is intentionally limited to our grey metal color selections, but you should be able to get close to the shot with the three Voth. And the other two channels give a wide range of color options. That said, the shine and reflective properties of metal might look dramatically different depending what zone you are in (different lighting generates different results - same as real life, it's often just more noticeable on metal).
    1) Woot! Glad to hear.

2) Fair enough, I can accept that. Thank you for the explanation.

3) I understand what you're saying about promo art being different then end results, also about metal, zones, lighting, etc. But I guess I'm just disappointed because I hate it when we're given arbitrary limits on costume colors.

And I'm with Mosul33, I'm especially sadden by the fact that the armor can't match associated Voth Experimental Rifle. Any chance we can either get the rifle changed to one of our armor's colors, or preferably get one more color added to our armor's pallet that lets us match the gun, please?

Anyway, thank you CrypticJoeJing. I appreciate the quick reply and fix for the glowy bits. Perhaps I'll like the armor better when I can get those working.

P.S. CrypticJJ, any chance you could take a look at the bugs in the Voth Light Soldier Uniform, too, please?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13852311&postcount=186

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Thank you for clearing this up.
    If the armor colour options are locked down intentionally, any chance for the Dyson Experimental Rifle to get that metal grey too, or any of the metal colour from the options the armor has? Atm only the voth ground weapons from lockboxes match the armor style, while the set weapon is white... On other ground sets like MACO and Omega, the armor matches the weapon colour/theme, even just with the option to enable armor visuals, let alone the costume options.

I actually don't personally know about the gun. I'll see what I find out from the team. It *might* be that the Dyson Experimental Rifle is ancient Dyson tech, which wouldn't necessarily match the Voth armor (who are not natives of the Dyson Sphere).
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here's an interesting question.

Why can't we just use any colors on the armor costumes? Is there a specific reason why they're so heavily color locked?
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    ...any chance for the Dyson Experimental Rifle to get that metal grey too, or any of the metal colour from the options the armor has?

Sooo...got the infos, yo:

The Dyson Ex. Rifle is "an Alliance-developed ?Anti-Voth? rifle. Hence the intentional disparity in style

It actually shoots ?Proton? energy, the exact opposite of Voth ?Anti-Proton? weaponry :)"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I actually don't personally know about the gun. I'll see what I find out from the team. It *might* be that the Dyson Experimental Rifle is ancient Dyson tech, which wouldn't necessarily match the Voth armor (who are not natives of the Dyson Sphere).
    Sooo...got the infos, yo:

The Dyson Ex. Rifle is "an Alliance-developed 'Anti-Voth' rifle. Hence the intentional disparity in style

It actually shoots 'Proton' energy, the exact opposite of Voth 'Anti-Proton' weaponry :)"
    Well. That explains, that. Thank you for checking CJJ. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just finished the Dyson Rep and was not given a reward like the other reps could a dev or Branflakes chime in on this?

Tier 5 Dyson pic:

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/8720/p2dz.png

On another note, to those wondering what to do with your command commendation you can slot a new 20hr project titled "Continue to Thwart Voth Efforts" and it will reward you 820 ore and 20 dyson marks. The upgrade project that is now no longer available is the get 5 commendations for 350 marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I believe Brandon has stated that they are working on the end of rep rewards and cut scene.

The rep reward is something "special," and not ready for release as of yet. They weren't expecting players to be done so quick
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah definitely missed that bit of info, thanks dahminus!:) Well I hope they add it soon because I'm now starting to pound dyson with my five alts.

Ok found the quote from Branflakes in a thread I missed which oddly enough was started in the general discussions forum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=939191
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits
    • A large amount of expertise
    • And a special reward we can't reveal just yet

The above is subject to change, but that's the current plan.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    More and more people are reaching T5 every passing day. I sure hope the final cutscene is added this week.
  • hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's the same old Cryptic rubbish as usual, I mean how can you do a rep system were you can complete it yet it isn't finished? It's a complete joke just like the whole Sphere, Voth and season 8. Cryptic always seem to amaze me but in the wrong bloody way LOL. I'm just glad i haven't even bothered because by the time i am they might have acturley completed it PMSL:eek:
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why was it released unfinished? Why is thereni at least cut scene for Tier 5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A FREAKING CUTSCENE?!?!?! Especially given the fact you use the stock emotes in the game to give it that extra touch of lazy amateur trash! Don't bite off more than you can finish. This Kk d of failure TRIBBLE makes your company look like amateurs. GOOD GOD STILL HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A CUTSCENE?!?!?! (a cutscene that probably would be under 5 minutes in length just like the rest have been)
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • shinzonisbackshinzonisback Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2013
    ehm guys, i'm not sure this is the righ thread, but i have some questions:

1 - T3/T4 dyson rep powers ...
    I'd go for the 0-75 resistance buff, but i heard many people prefer the 0-15 resistance debuff.

which one should I take and why ?

2 - Proton / Antiproton weapons ...
    does Antiproton Mag Regulators buff Proton Weapons too ?
    Italian Player - Forgive my bad English

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ehm guys, i'm not sure this is the righ thread, but i have some questions:

1 - T3/T4 dyson rep powers ...
    I'd go for the 0-75 resistance buff, but i heard many people prefer the 0-15 resistance debuff.

which one should I take and why ?

2 - Proton / Antiproton weapons ...
    does Antiproton Mag Regulators buff Proton Weapons too ?

1. T4 resistance debuff just got a massive nerfing on tribble, would not recommend it.

2. Antiproton consoles do not effect proton weapons.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, I hit Tier 5 a week back, and I am just wondering when the Voth Zone and the final mission(s) are going to be avaiable?

Bran, can you give us a timeframe please?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Magic 8 Ball says very good chance for next year.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Word is they're working on it. No ETA just yet.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Word is they're working on it. No ETA just yet.

YEah.... they're "Working on" a lot of things.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    He won't.
    And there isn't going to be any "voth front".
    THis month is xmas.
    Feb is the 4rth anniversay.
    March/april will be talking about S9.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Magic 8 Ball says very good chance for next year.

Considering the kdf are getting a new ship anything is possible.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I getting there tonight and was wondering the same thing... Will most likely be there next week on 5 other toons too.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    He won't.

They could have at least cut it from the map so that we wouldn't have learnt from the Voth Zone in the first place.

Now I want to go there, of course. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    YEah.... they're "Working on" a lot of things.

The exact info you're looking for.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is an accolade which is partly placed in the Voth zone so I think we might get access to it with T5.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    So, I hit Tier 5 a week back, and I am just wondering when the Voth Zone and the final mission(s) are going to be avaiable?

Bran, can you give us a timeframe please?

Soon TM :P
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will be getting the Dyson rep done this week, either Thurs/Friday depending on how much I grind...

Hope we will be getting the final cutscene soon, same with that reward they can't speak about...

Really odd that the final rewards and cutscene was not done from the get go, but that's Cryptic for you...
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    He won't.
    THis month is xmas.
    Feb is the 4rth anniversay.
    March/april will be talking about S9.
    You know this as a fact how, exactly? I am genuinely curious how you can know that the Voth Front opening up for stuff isn't going to ever open up for players to enter and fight the Voth. It seems like you may have some "inside info" but then again, it might just be you trying to lie.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just asking, kinda miss the 750 extra marks nad 30k Dillithium from Nukara and Rom. Dyson didn't seem to give any reward at all unless you count the somewhat useless stuff you get everytime you start a mission in the rep system.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.