test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Dyson Rep Rewards and Cutscene (Live on 12/19, see post #194)

justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Reputation System
I was under the impression from a dev interview before season 8 came out that when we completed the last tier of the Dyson rep we would receive a "neat' reward aside from the Dil EC and marks was I mistaken?... cause from what I heard we don't.
Post edited by justin2384 on

Comments

• captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    justin2384 wrote: »
    I was under the impression from a dev interview before season 8 came out that when we completed the last tier of the Dyson rep we would receive a "neat' reward aside from the Dil EC and marks was I mistaken?... cause from what I heard we don't.

as of right now you don't even get the Dil or EC reward either. I hit t5 and nothing happened but accolade that I got Dyson Rep T5. no t5 mission, no dil reward, no ec reward, nada, nothing, zilch, zero.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    as of right now you don't even get the Dil or EC reward either. I hit t5 and nothing happened but accolade that I got Dyson Rep T5. no t5 mission, no dil reward, no ec reward, nada, nothing, zilch, zero.

Did you talk to the guy in charge of the allied spire for the latest cutscene?
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I kind of get no EC or dilithium reward. You get tons of boxes with random loot instead. But nothing new from Nelen Exil? That's harsh. He's actually having the adventures we should have.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    justin2384 wrote: »

i gotta ask... only because im a numbers kind of person but... how in the heck are you at tier 5?

Ive been grinding it pretty steady at 1 2500 and 3-6 150s every day since it came out and I am still only just now about to finish tier 4.

Edit - i quoted the wrong person, but the question stands. Thats like... 8 more hours a DAY than ive been doing, minimum.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i gotta ask... only because im a numbers kind of person but... how in the heck are you at tier 5?

Ive been grinding it pretty steady at 1 2500 and 3-6 150s every day since it came out and I am still only just now about to finish tier 4.

Edit - i quoted the wrong person, but the question stands. Thats like... 8 more hours a DAY than ive been doing, minimum.

I also would like to know this. As i have been doing damn near the same thing.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if u are dedicted u should be able to finish it in 20 and half days :) think
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Some people play all day like maniacs. I've met some of those people. Playing 16 hours a day, getting to tier 5 is possible.

I take out 8 hours of sleep, otherwise, most of these people wouldn't function.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If there's no dil reward ect ts going to be like the last rep all over again as that one had no reward to it until people got fiery brands and placards and complained all over the forums about it
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so i got dyson t5 3 days ago, and well no final cutscene, i kind of felt like i started watching a movie and there was no ending to the movie.
    Is this a bug or is there really no final cutscene after you reach t5?
    I even went to dyson joint command and tried to talk to the guy at the desk, and nope nothing. even walked up to the sci lab and nothing.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Considering that we are missing the Voth Zone, it is not surprising that other features of the Dyson Sphere have no been included yet. I suspect some time before Season 9 will introduce the final mission for the Dyson Reputation.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone is hardcore grinding Reputation. :P

Anyhow, I seem to recall this happening with Romulan Reputation. Them not finishing the material and expecting they had time to get it in before players noticed. And that was with half the team they have now. So guess Stahl is rather light on the whip. :rolleyes:
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In an interview a few weeks back, some Dev said that the cutscenes are still in development and that they have some time until people will advance in the tiers.

I guess you have less life then they expected people to have... :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well I'm about 10 days away from t5.

I took the "easy" road with about one 2,5k project a day and sometimes between tiers two a day.
    I've "gained" 3 days by doing 50 small 150 missions.
    I've lost 2 days because the new t4 project wasn't visible for me, which still means I'm about +1 from the normal road and still 10 ahead and you got it 3 days ago which means you did about a +14 which means in small projects ~246

246 projects means over 10 days logging in each hour without a sleep cycle (or with account sharing) and with a bit of a sleep it still means over 14 days of busy work.

Was that worth it? Just to be one of the first to see content which isn't there yet? :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This reminds me of the South park Episode where they were trying to get to one million in Guitar Hero , and you pretty much got the same prize they did :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    At least when you got to T5 of the Romulan rep, you got to that last mission where you get to the Iconian gateway.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sure they hadn't put that in yet. So its possible it will be a mission will come out soon. Since they are not fully ready for the next season.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    T5 Dyson REwards and story *Comin Soon

How does one put out an incomplete Rep and story that literally is only unlocked via that Rep?

Come on Folks hop to it and finish your Gorram work. You basically put a car on the market without an any additions.

Who sells unfinished products? Oh yeah game companies.......
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Reason I ask is cause I seen a guy that had the fancy new Dyson suit on and I asked him what the special reward was that I remember them talking about in the dev interview.....so I asked this person to which he replied he did not receive anything more then a small amount of dill ec and a bit of marks and a half a@@ed cut scene that left more questions then answered........leading me to this post.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its on the list right behind Fluidic Space fleet action
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits
    • A large amount of expertise
    • And a special reward we can't reveal just yet

The above is subject to change, but that's the current plan.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The T5 cutscene is still in development. Once we get it out to players, watching it will also allow you to claim your T5 rewards. This includes:

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great. I need to buy a bridge officer slot now...
    edited December 2013
    That's a bit dissapointing.
    I really put a lot of effort into that Reputation to advance the story.
    That's my primary motivation... I have 93 000 of 100 000 Rep XP and now you say me, there is going to be nothing when I am finished until you guys managed to finish something that already should be finished...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited December 2013
    Great. I need to buy a bridge officer slot now...

He's maybe only a Doff...

Is there some pattern to dissident Voth scientist's names?
    The one from Distant Origin was named "Gegen".
    The one from the Rep is called "Exil"

"Gegen" is German for "against" (Doctrine?)
    And Exil is German for... well, you guessed it... exile.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

They're up to something again... S.O.P. for Cryptic's "surprises." Shields to maximum, load quantum torpedo bays, ready phasers.
  • matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2013

• 750 Dyson Marks
    • 32,000 Dilithium Ore
    • 40,000 Energy Credits

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

aaaaahhhh yeah! we're all getting a V-REX :D
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am always happy when I finally get to the end of a reputation grind and get that dilithium and mark bonus.

I have to say, I'm rather surprised that the Dyson tier V stuff isnt ready yet.

After all, it's pretty much certain that people will start hitting tier V in the shortest mathematical time and that they'd be the ones to wail very loudly about not getting their reward.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    special reward.... hmmm thoughts? Please be a Raptor combat pet :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited December 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    special reward.... hmmm thoughts? Please be a Raptor combat pet :P

The Voth scientist from the cutscenes.
    As Doff I guess. Maybe as Boff.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »

If he kills Tovan... this will be an epic reward... if he dosn't... can I turn him over to the voth for a raptor pet?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »

That'd be my guess too.

Boff, hopefully.