test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @admrenlarreck i dont have your error code

(edit) nevermind
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    youve been here quite a while, you are the 64th user on this thread, im up to 230

Yep, old timer. Survived Crash of 10-03-13. Same error code 18897741 back then too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Breaking down, researching upgrade for dell inspiron 530s video card. Know it's low (Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 286 MB) LOL Surprised it worked at all even on lower settings. Looking at 7750 1gb ddr5 low profile. Ranging from $100-120. All to play a "FREE" game.....sigh

I know how you feel... my current graphics card is on loan and its not even up to snuff... I'm terrified that even after the patch I still maybe out... if that is the case though at least the thread gives us a bit of a place to vent... laugh, contain the insanity!

Oh and Royalsovereign please don't cry *gives hug* it will be ok soon, besides it will get your keyboard all drippy... water + electric = ouch!

rofl captainwh0 look at his sig its the 1889741 thingy i think...
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well we did hit 2,000. Fearful it'll be 5,000 before we're back in action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    johnsonmyrejohnsonmyre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was also hit by 10/03, 18897741 >.>
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Kinda feel like the lost Dominion fleet in the featured episodes. Lost in time, only to return to the game in Season 27: We Fixed Crafting.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kinda feel like the lost Dominion fleet in the featured episodes. Lost in time, only to return to the game in Season 27: We Fixed Crafting.

Founders, NOOOOO!!! Season eight now, how many years til season 27?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    sharpkneessharpknees Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We should all be eligible for an AARP discount by the time we get back in game. :rolleyes:
    Persistent Officer :(
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well we did hit 2,000. Fearful it'll be 5,000 before we're back in action.

I actually want to see us hit 9000 posts so I can say at 9001 "IT'S OVER 9000!"

19 years....so in 2033
    sharpknees wrote: »
    We should all be eligible for an AARP discount by the time we get back in game. :rolleyes:

Says you...I'm getting Cyborg parts and NERVEGEAR in 2020 and playing STO and locking myself in the game forever with an Asura avatar AI...with Vulcan ears.

But on topic, let's actually hope they get a fix out tomorrow (or tonight if there is some poor sod in the office) and they decide to throw it into an emergency patch tomorrow or Friday.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At the rate we're going with the game, by then everyone will be driving around in their very own Dyson Sphere, lobi store will have starbase launchers, tribbles will be a playable race, there will be a subspace pocket fleet holding, and Worf will still be drinking his prune juice. :)
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This is all Cryptic's master plan. We are the unknown testers of the up coming expansion pack for the Season 9 Delta Quadrant, Facing the Phage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Was considering to save this until I saw what tomorrow will bring but considering I am very hopeful we will get in I decided it might be worth a laugh.

On the first day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, a crash to the desktop for free!

On the second day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 2 login errors,
    and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 3rd day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors,

On the 4th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 5th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 6th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 brand new tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 7th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes,
    5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 8th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 9th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 10th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes,3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 11th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 11 new crash victims, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 12th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 12 Brand new tickets, 11 new crash victims, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was considering to save this until I saw what tomorrow will bring but considering I am very hopeful we will get in I decided it might be worth a laugh.

On the first day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, a crash to the desktop for free!

On the second day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 2 login errors,

On the 3rd day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors,

On the 4th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 5th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 6th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 brand new tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 7th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes,
    5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 8th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 9th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 10th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes,3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 11th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 11 new crash victims, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!

On the 12th day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, 12 Brand new tickets, 11 new crash victims, 10 hours of patching, 9 more days of waiting, 8 pleas for patience, 7 reinstallations, 6 separate freezes, 5 worthless tips, 4 patch fixes, 3 different tickets, 2 login errors, and a crash to the desktop for free!
    lol made me laugh
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Oh, my Pancreas. Laughed so hard, I think I ruptured it.

Cue in EMH, to ruin our fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2013
    WOW, i think this is the longest this thread been quiet :D
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    so.... none has ANYTHING to say?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    WOW, i think this is the longest this thread been quiet :D
    deokkent wrote: »
    I'm still recovering from PTSD... All that nipple rubbing OMG...:eek:

i think he is a troll, a few of us have reported him
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This player is nestled, all snug in his bed. While visions of STO danced in his head.
    Hoping today's patch gets this Fleet Admiral/LTS playing.
    Best of luck to ALL of us!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This player is nestled, all snug in his bed. While visions of STO danced in his head.
    Hoping today's patch gets this Fleet Admiral/LTS playing.
    Best of luck to ALL of us!

thats nice :D
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    so.... none has ANYTHING to say?

I was being productive ... I have this friend who has me working overtime investigating stuff... lol
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I HATE cheap burgers, they dont fry they BOIL
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thats nice :D
    I was being productive ... I have this friend who has me working overtime investigating stuff... lol

Shhhh:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    beechslaps wrote: »
    Whatever gibberish this guy wrote.

Looks like a severe case of STO withdrawal to me.

From what I have read, it does not look like there will be a solution today for anyone with the #18897741 issue. we are looking at another week without until next Thursday at the earliest for to be able to log in again.

I am expecting more cases like this as the week progresses.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    If you do a digital transform of the number 18897741 using the base 6 number system, you will get the number 666.

All ye who possess that number have been marked by the beast!!

Aw, TRIBBLE. :-(
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »
    From what I have read, it does not look like there will be a solution today for anyone with the #18897741 issue. we are looking at another week without until next Thursday at the earliest for to be able to log in again.

Just to confirm this from my end once more:

Holodeck crash ID: # 18897741 (since release of Season 8, November 12)

Tribble crash ID: # 18897741 (after update ST.35.20131029a.22, November 18)

Tribble crash ID: # 18897741 (after update ST.35.20131029a.25, November 19)

Tribble crash ID: # 18897741 (after update ST.35.20131029a.26, November 20)
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well all i can say is that once I hit the 2 weeks of not playing I wont be a gold sub any more ill still play but i think that i might go f2p as this problem was known since October. I had prep 2 of my chars with enough dili ore to be out for a whole week but this has gone way too long now.

And yes im one of the 18897741 since the 10-03-13 crash on all 3 servers Holodeck, Tribble, Redshirt. Got Holo and Red fixed but never go the Tribble one fixed and now im back out from Holodeck access. I know i can't do anything but wait and thats fine just hope that we wont Miss the start of the Winter Event.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well all i can say is that once I hit the 2 weeks of not playing I wont be a gold sub any more ill still play but i think that i might go f2p as this problem was known since October. I had prep 2 of my chars with enough dili ore to be out for a whole week but this has gone way too long now.

And yes im one of the 18897741 since the 10-03-13 crash on all 3 servers Holodeck, Tribble, Redshirt. Got Holo and Red fixed but never go the Tribble one fixed and now im back out from Holodeck access. I know i can't do anything but wait and thats fine just hope that we wont Miss the start of the Winter Event.

The money you spend is more powerful than the vote (or weapon of choice) you cast.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, THE PRIZE FOR THE MOST COLLECTED ERRORS GOES TOOOO *drumroll*

drowrulesupreme!

149th person to post on this thread and collector of 6 errors

(if you have more TOUGH! you didnt post them)
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see the Solanae Tribble has been extended until 11/27.
    ETA for 18897741 fix 11/28.
    Have a nice day! :o
This discussion has been closed.