test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

We've just unlocked Tribble with out latest patch. Here are the patch notes that relate to this thread:
    Resolved a number of crashes which have been occurring for some players.
    Resolved some crashes associated with various types of graphics cards.
    Work is continuing on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

Please patch up and give it a try. If you're still crashing (which some will, please see the notes above), please reply with your crash number. Also, please note if it's the same crash number you had from the start or if it has changed (include old # too). Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Holodeck crash ticket number: # 18897741 (since release of Season 8, November 12)

Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741 (after update ST.35.20131029a.22, November 18)

Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741 (after update ST.35.20131029a.25, November 19)
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's just hope I do not need to get a new laptop to play this game because they can't fix the error ticket 18897741...and the fact that I memorized it by now is scary.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Roflmao.... lets not tip dronza... we might mess up sto again be out another week ugggggggghhhhh!

joking, joking don't all of us panic! I'm currently on page 10 of investigations... not as hard as you might think!

what say we set an instance to check from... say instance 8 perhaps ;)

Having an instance available will be a good thing. When we gather we can check to see which one will be the best for the number of people we are going to have show up.
    I just noticed that.. everyone is getting the same number.. is this a Joke?..

No Joke. And people have been calling them ticket numbers but what they are are Error ID tags.

The Devs probably have a list of these and by getting the ID tag ie 18897741 they can see exactly what is going wrong.

My thoughts anyway.

PS Hey Raven you think its scary? I have dyscalculia, (Numerical Dyslexia, for those who dont know what that is.) and I ALWAYS get that one number right!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    meter161meter161 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Check back in an hour and see if Tribble is patched? (Seriously, how long does it take to patch Tribble?)

How long? 42
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    meter161 wrote: »
    How long? 42

was that a hitchikers guide refarance ?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does a Vogon read poetry?

I could Add some here if your interested...

Oh just tried Tribble Error id is 18897741
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having an instance available will be a good thing. When we gather we can check to see which one will be the best for the number of people we are going to have show up.

No Joke. And people have been calling them ticket numbers but what they are are Error ID tags.

The Devs probably have a list of these and by getting the ID tag ie 18897741 they can see exactly what is going wrong.

My thoughts anyway.

PS Hey Raven you think its scary? I have dyscalculia, (Numerical Dyslexia, for those who dont know what that is.) and I ALWAYS get that one number right!

just one question first off what types of graphics cards do you guys have... mine is a different number 25316319... and i have nividia we are getting in well not me yet trying... just a thought that might be what different id's involved mean...(yes they are id tags)...

and i too have dyscalculia and this number and yours are solid in my brain henceforth and forever.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Intel IG on an Intel Atom 1.67 Ghz Processor inside of a Toshiba NN550 Netbook.

Used to run STO until the 10/08/13 Crash than between that fix and the Season 8 crash.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Does a Vogon read poetry?

I could Add some here if your interested...

Havent we suffered enough?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Intel IG on an Intel Atom 1.67 Ghz Processor inside of a Toshiba NN550 Netbook.

Used to run STO until the 10/08/13 Crash than between that fix and the Season 8 crash.

intell 2.20 core duo(4.40GHZ), radon x1650pro 4 gig ram win 7 prof +linux mint
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holodeck crash ticket number: # 18897741

Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741 gepatcht at 20.11.13 04:33
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just one question first off what types of graphics cards do you guys have... mine is a different number 25316319... and i have nividia we are getting in well not me yet trying... just a thought that might be what different id's involved mean...(yes they are id tags)...

My number: # 18897741

And my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
    1,80 GHz , 2 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon X1600 / X1650 Series
    Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Number 18897741.

Gateway laptop with Windows Vista and an Intel processor with integrated video card and one gb of ram.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the post-"today's Tribble patch" reports, Captains. As noted in the release notes for today's Tribble build, work is continuing on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

Aside from a few one-off crash numbers, 18897741 is still outstanding per your reports. The team that can work on the issue related to 18897741 (as well as the other one-off numbers still outstanding) will continue to do so. Please watch Tribble patch notes for further updates as they will be noted there. I'll do my best to update this thread at the same time Tribble notes go live but sometimes I am in a meeting and can't do it at the exact same time, so my apologies in advance.

To recap, now that we've tracked down the issue and are making great steps towards a resolution for all that are still crashing with numbers other than what have been fixed, please watch Tribble notes for updates + I will update the thread around the time notes go up, or as soon after as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Brandon!

Guys, here is another giveaway (mirror universe outfits)
    http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freemmogamer+%28MMOBomb.com%29

Maybe with this it's more easy keep waiting :P
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    aletodis wrote: »
    Thanks Brandon!

Guys, here is another giveaway (mirror universe outfits)
    http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freemmogamer+%28MMOBomb.com%29

Maybe with this it's more easy keep waiting :P

YEY! (requires registration to mmobomb but...) YEY

PS: thanks for keeping up the communication brandon
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just a thought, is there any way to ask brandon if he will ask the devs to make a

"persistent officer" accolade, or perhaps a title that will show on our visible stats?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I got Uniforms! *might use them for fun on one or two Bridge Officers*

And thanks Brandon! I would not mind such a title...and also to the Team that worked on this. Make sure D Stahl gives you guys the weekend from Friday to Sunday off.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, after seeing a thread that is up to 180+ pages i thought i was not alone, as my crashes started at the same time. however my CTD since the release of the expansion is completely different from everyone else. mine is unique, so I may have to start reinstalling Windows to cure mine.

Everyone here has error codes. mine is just a windows message.

I hope you all get your issue fixed soon, guys. Off to fix mine with other tactics.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, after seeing a thread that is up to 180+ pages i thought i was not alone, as my crashes started at the same time. however my CTD since the release of the expansion is completely different from everyone else. mine is unique, so I may have to start reinstalling Windows to cure mine.

Everyone here has error codes. mine is just a windows message.

http://faelandaea.com/custom_images/Error.jpg

I hope you all get your issue fixed soon, guys. Off to fix mine with other tactics.

DONT re-install windows,

check your registry first, if you dont get results

then remove current graphics card driver, let windows install its defalt, if that dont work then go to the nvidia site and download the offcial driver.

if you want more info, or better instructions, pm me
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, just got around to updating Tribble to see if it works for me, and no dice.

I think the error code is different, tho, so that is something.

Code# 18897741
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, just got around to updating Tribble to see if it works for me, and no dice.

I think the error code is different, tho, so that is something.

Code# 18897741

thats the common one thats floating around at the mo
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    thats the common one thats floating around at the mo
    Aye, but I had one that started with a 2 last week. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    DONT re-install windows,

check your registry first, if you dont get results

then remove current graphics card driver, let windows install its defalt, if that dont work then go to the nvidia site and download the offcial driver.

if you want more info, or better instructions, pm me

I use CCleaner and Windows 7 Manager to maintain registry cleanliness. I did just now install an updated driver for Nvidia. No dice. Same error. This happened to me only on Tribble, and i was able to play Holodeck just fine. But when the season released live, now no game at all for me.

For me it is corrupt drivers. has to be. Otherwise i would be getting the same error codes this thread is reporting. The only way to clean such files is to format and wipe them. Windows holds on to too much "junk", so there is no such thing as a complete wipe of a driver, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Aye, but I had one that started with a 2 last week. :)

that just means one problem has been fixed, and now you are waiting on another, we are quite fortunate actually because that's the mast common one

that is the one that the most likley to get fixed first

(thats and auful lotta "thats" for one post):D
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013

For me it is corrupt drivers. has to be. Otherwise i would be getting the same error codes this thread is reporting. The only way to clean such files is to format and wipe them. Windows holds on to too much "junk", so there is no such thing as a complete wipe of a driver, unfortunately.

try this

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

its what i use

you can also do it thru device manager, by finding your device and then uninstalling it. windows will reload the defalt.

and nvidia are usually pretty good for driver descovery and updates

oh, and be careful with ccleaner it can sometimes make your pc "forget" it has a dvd/cd rom
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    try this

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

its what i use

you can also do it thru device manager, by finding your device and then uninstalling it. windows will reload the defalt.

and nvidia are usually pretty good for driver descovery and updates

Nice. I like the look of that program, but from what i am reading it is for updating drivers. Can't roll back with that.

I just wish i knew what is STO's Season 8 triggered an issue with my drivers. And I wish i could tell if maybe it IS similar to what people are experiencing here, and my computer is just reacting differently.

Currently I have updated to 331.82 GeForce R331 Game ready Driver, which is why i am thinking something else is corrupt in my system or maybe the issues in this thread are triggering something odd on my screen.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Nice. I like the look of that program, but from what i am reading it is for updating drivers. Can't roll back with that.

I just wish i knew what is STO's Season 8 triggered an issue with my drivers. And I wish i could tell if maybe it IS similar to what people are experiencing here, and my computer is just reacting differently.

Currently I have updated to 331.82 GeForce R331 Game ready Driver, which is why i am thinking something else is corrupt in my system or maybe the issues in this thread are triggering something odd on my screen.

it also checks for driver stability, you cant install one driver on top of another to make a corrupt entry go away, you need to uninstall (device manager) in windows first, THEN do it.

also you should have the nvidia control panel, fiddle with the 3d settings in there and see if an error pops up,
    then you may have the opportunity to send an error report of to nvidia, and you may be lucky enough to get an automatic fix

im only thinking that if you re-install, you may loose data you forgot about and you would have to re-install the game, i would imagine your patience is already thin, it may not be an idea to stretch it any more.
    you may lose intarest
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    it also checks for driver stability, you cant install one driver on top of another to make a corrupt entry go away, you need to uninstall (device manager) in windows first, THEN do it.

also you should have the nvidia control panel, fiddle with the 3d settings in there and see if an error pops up,
    then you may have the opportunity to send an error report of to nvidia, and you may be lucky enough to get an automatic fix

Yeah I will jack with it.

But where is everyone getting these error codes for their crashes? Is there a log file in my game directory i need to access?
This discussion has been closed.