test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wakes from restless slumber, Screaming, " ENGAGE ". Looks sheepishly around. "TRIBBLE, still here"

*looks up and knowingly nods*

Ooooh got the other accolade ...new emote unlocked!!!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well it may have taken a while but I can finally play STO again after a major hassle! 64-bit OS FTW! Hope they fix the issue soon with the launcher but for those who can I'd recommend switching to a 64-bit OS (Win7) here - and it works perfectly!

Got fed up of waiting on STO so thought I'd try some things myself!
  • xroninsamuraixxroninsamuraix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So are they actually trying to fix this it's going to be a week that I am not able to log in??? Any other GAMIE COMPANY would not have let this happen but it seems to be a perfect world and Cryptic Norm now. Roll out a product full of holes and only care that we get the greater % in the game. I have been with this game from start i have a Life time sub and I feel like I am being repaid for my loyalty to the game and cryptic by being treated like a second rate nobody.:mad:
    Truth, Honor & Loyalty
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rsfdan wrote: »
    Well it may have taken a while but I can finally play STO again after a major hassle! 64-bit OS FTW! Hope they fix the issue soon with the launcher but for those who can I'd recommend switching to a 64-bit OS (Win7) here - and it works perfectly!

Is it possible that it could be that easy? That the conflict is 32-bit versus 64-bit?

O_O

But yeah, can not switch as I got no money.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna kill time on another STO-less day by playing with a game that WILL start, SWTOR.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We need a new title...

I could play the game for about a day after season 8 launch then got the CTD everyone here now greets like an old friend.
    I rolled back my drivers to one from 10 months ago and got in. I couldn't cross sectors without CTD. Everything was WHITE http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/322/0/9/screenhunter_11_nov__18_15_57_by_drowrulesupreme-d6upxnl.jpg. Starting Crystalline Catastrophe was just an invitation to snow-blindness. I COULD DOFF, and that was about all.
    Well, that was all until today, when a Windows Update has put me back in the land of not even reaching the character select window.
    Ticket numbers are 27437015 and 27437024 and pretty much stick to those two.

This is so depressing I cannot even bother to try to be funny...
    ... alright, so maybe a little funny.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows." Bart Simpson

I know I might get lucky and be able to undo the updates but the point is I shouldn't be forced to when the fault lies with the latest season and another example of "It doesn't work on Tribble but no-one will know when we go live on Holodeck so who cares."

New title : Q's plaything. I was tempted to suggest Q's b**ch but this is a family game :(
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited November 2013
    So are they actually trying to fix this it's going to be a week that I am not able to log in??? Any other GAMIE COMPANY would not have let this happen but it seems to be a perfect world and Cryptic Norm now. Roll out a product full of holes and only care that we get the greater % in the game. I have been with this game from start i have a Life time sub and I feel like I am being repaid for my loyalty to the game and cryptic by being treated like a second rate nobody.:mad:

They are working on it. Debugging is not that simple alright?
  • rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Is it possible that it could be that easy? That the conflict is 32-bit versus 64-bit?

O_O

Who knows? It probably is something that simple. I tried everything beforehand too:-

ie. buying a new graphics card, altering some settings which someone recommended after all that not working I remember reading something about it earlier in this thread so thought I'd give it a try! Working fine so far, but you never know with STO when all of a sudden it may just crash again ...
  • dartragge1dartragge1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To view this email as a web page, go here.

Our latest content update, Season 8: The Sphere, is now live on Holodeck! In this update, players will travel through an Iconian gateway to the Solanae Dyson Sphere, a mysterious construction on the edge of the Delta Quadrant that is the prize in a struggle for control between Joint Alliance Command and the Voth. Once there, explore our first Space Adventure Zone, fight for control in the Battlezone, participate in brand new max-level events, and more! Look at what you can experience in this update, as well as watch our brand-new trailer. (More Info...)

The incredible Voth Lock Box is now available! Open one today for chance at winning a Voth Bastion Flight-Deck Cruiser. (More Info...) Not only are STO Lifetime Subscriptions on sale for a limited-time, but we have also added a new Veteran Reward! (More Info...)
    To celebrate the release of Season 8, this furry critter is FREE to claim for a limited-time! (More Info...) Get ZEN for filling out surveys, checking out free trial offers and more. (More Info...)

This is an automated message, please do not reply to this email address.

You are receiving this email because you have opted in at http://www.startrekonline.com

Copyright ? 2013 Cryptic Studios All rights reserved.

This email was sent to: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This email was sent by: Perfect World Entertainment, Inc.
    101 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 400 Redwood City, CA 94065 United States
    We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

MY RESPONSE:

A******** J******** <********@gmail.com>

Nov 16 (2 days ago)

to Perfect
    MY GAME ISNT WORKING DUE TO YOUR PATCH TRIBBLE UP *******S. BUT THANKS FOR INFORMING ME WHAT IM MISSING OUT ****TARDS
  • kakerookakeroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the way i figure, since this problem is entirely because of the game and not because of my PC, then i do't see why the 15 a day lobi we've been missing out on wouldn't be in the inventory waiting for us. if that simple gesture is not thought of by PWE then i won't ever consider buying zen.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013

raventomoe wrote: »

O_O

No, it's not.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit).
    Nonetheless, I'm sitting here, trying to fight the withdrawal...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    No, it's not.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit).
    Nonetheless, I'm sitting here, trying to fight the withdrawal...

Ah well, let's hope than they figure out WHAT is going on while I am at work and rush a fix out to us. I want to play as a Fed Bajoran Sci dang it!
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I have a 64bit Win7, does not seem to be helping me much.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pwebranflakes question: when will there be an update so that we can properly sign in.

with best regards
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm , branflakes does not want us calling ourselves lepers anymore
    nerf.jpg]
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »

Quid pro quo.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pwebranflakes question: when will there be an update so that we can properly sign in.

with best regards

They don't have time to update us, because they aren't doing a damned thing.

And we want to actually log in the game. Tough luck if we want to call ourselves what we want.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013

If not Lepers, how about "The Sundred", in keeping with Star Trek canon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Having gave four years of my life to fight for this country I say we can call our self's anything we want its called freedom of speech :D
    edited November 2013
    on THE WEEKEND branflakes deleted one of my threads, and i got a private msg from him telling me not to use the term "lepers" as it is offensive
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »

I know, but communicate by perfectworld is just very bad through forum
    edited November 2013
    Or "THE FORGOTTEN"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    on THE WEEKEND branflakes deleted one of my threads, and i got a private msg from him telling me not to use the term "lepers" as it is offensive

I don't find the term "lepers" offensive. I find them being negligent offensive. See this proves more that couldn't care less about us.
    kyledewitt wrote: »

I know, but communicate by perfectworld is just very bad through forum

No, it's just horrible customer service on their part.
    edited November 2013

Definition:

leper
    [lep-er]
    noun
    a person who has leprosy.
    a person who has been rejected or ostracized for unacceptable behavior, opinions, character, or the like; anathema; outcast.

Sounds like us. Not offensive by definition, but by Politically Correct worrywarts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I understand how it could be offensive i wear glasses that's like somebody calling me a four eyes or calling a klingon a romulan but if the powers that be don't want us using lepers because of the offensive nature of the word I can and will respect it for them and others with the disease :cool:
    edited November 2013
    simple go back to season 7, problem solved
    edited November 2013
    See 1311 definition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    what worries me, is that if branflakes does not know that we call ourselves lepers,

does that mean that he isnt following this thread???:confused:
    nerf.jpg]
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    has anyone heard any updates from Brandon
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    See 1311 definition

I don't really see any of those things applying to us... they're based on the actions of the "leper"...

We're more like "The Unlucky"... because we didn't do anything to deserve this... but got it anyway!
This discussion has been closed.