test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    im installing a linux partition on my pc to see if i can get it to work thru linux
    nerf.jpg]
  • dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You had to wait for 5 minutes and do nothing. Strange and highly unusual, but it works that way - at least for me.

( by sto Facebook )
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Strangely enough not a word from bran flakes all day not even after the patch
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The reason they haven't mentioned anything is because their continuing to work on the problem and don't have time to update the players with their progress when they get the problem fixed you will know when you can get in game
    edited November 2013
    Bran flakes doesnt work on the problem he stands over their shoulder going Now? Now?....are we there yet
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trakat wrote: »
    I was hope that after today's "technical shutdown" I will be able to play....
    But I was wrong...
    Now I am wondering:
    Should I have hope that you are wrong? :confused:

all i can give is a shrug.. at this point. i dont know what to think. all I.. all WE can do, is hope for the best and see if they pull through..:(
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Had to restore windows and reinstall SP3 after roll backing video card drivers. Got everything updated again. Still no change and still get the same code. I even tried getting on the game with SP2 and it gave me an error: #25992675. Then when I re-updated everything, i got the old original code: #25316319.

Thank you for your time
    edited November 2013
    once friday or monday hit it will get better 11/15/13 they are releasing the PS4s that should ease our traffic and people are bound to get all the new goodies and leave by monday
    of course by then
    7 days of lost lobi (105 lobi)
    pfft on devs and pfft on bran flakes *sad face*
    UPDATE

I got in!!!!!!!!! but one of my caracters is the one the game d/cs on.....wierd
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that bleeping sucks a 15% bonus zen on purchases AND WE ARE STILL DOWN ****ING *******S i am not buying zen period till i can PLAY ****ING STARTREK
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you get bored and want to see into the new season, here is a link to a walk-through/video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCiz6Mb9HCQ

P.S.S. Don't watch if you want to be surprised.
  • dwarf900dwarf900 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I get this in my mail 15% Bonus ZEN on PWE Prepaid Cards!

But I didn't play the game for 5 days. LOL

Didn't passed the cryptic screen.

there is no end to this ....... :mad:
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been watching the tweets about game and to see if they have any info on a patch... i see post of ppl doing fun things in game and they laugh and joke and here we sit down in a hole waiting for them to let us in...

More depressing still, we are mostly just the same people as were hit by the 10/3/13 patch bug etc. I was able to fix my pc that time myself with a newer "borrowed" graphics card... but here again we are... not our fault, but yet we get to lose out...and no word from anyone... how is it that this is a bug report thread if they don't even check in with tips, hopes, goodwill, just anything really!

Would it really hurt so much to hold up on the tweets to at least come say "Hi, we are still working on it... nothing new to report just thought to keep you updated cause we feel bad your not here to enjoy the game with us."

They build a thread for maintenance issues and here we sit trying to stay up beat and trying to be patient, and yet not a word of report today. I mean come on 3 days this month 7 days last month... almost lost half a months sub all told for those who pay to play. I know big company big game. big problems... i'm not asking for a quick fix unless its possible but still we are faithful players with feelings also. I'm really glad ppl are in game but come on don't we deserve a little respect down here in the hole we keep trying to fix or help fix things. isn't that at least worth something?

Please fix our problems... most of us have done this all b4 we don't like being left out and the lack of info or at least consideration... in the words of an earlier poster... we feel like leper's singled out from the rest of the sto players.

I appreciate the work people are doing but just please get it fixed asap...and in the meantime don't forget we are here!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    We are the forsaken and Lady gaga is our leader
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd rather have Eric Cartman as my leader.
    wpace2 wrote: »
    We are the forsaken and Lady gaga is our leader
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we gat a database of systems setups that are known to work
    edited November 2013
    so far all my toons can log in except my main...*sigh* and i think the main character holds my dil *sad face*
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its going to take a while to download, but looks promacing

using this

http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/star-trek-online-guide.242/
    nerf.jpg]
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    finaltom5 wrote: »
    If you get bored and want to see into the new season, here is a link to a walk-through/video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCiz6Mb9HCQ

P.S.S. Don't watch if you want to be surprised.

Thanks for the link...
    First I thought no, I'm not in a very sto mood.
    Then I thought, oh what the heck and turned it on.
    Then I watched 30 seconds and thought, no, I'm not in a very sto mood, and turned it off.

I just keep remembering that time on my last computer that I couldn't get into the game after a season update, or perhaps it was an "any given Thursday" update.
    Couldn't play the game again until I happen to get another pc month's later.

At this point, my only question is how long does my account stay open if I don't log in.
    A year? more? I have seen text chat implying that.

So I guess the next step might be to use another's pc to get into the game long enough
    to secure my brand new fleet...send an apologetic email to the friend who helped me start it, (not active in mine), and the one new recruit, (who I haven't seen in a week, anyways).
    I'm sure they'll understand why it's best for me to just go "private fleet".
    (If you don't log in as Fleet Leader for 30 days, other member's can "claim leadership",
    (unless that's changed). I just as soon put it "on ice" till I get some faith back in sto.

Cause after all, this type of thing could happen on "Any given Thursday"...

Sorry for the depressing post. There have been some great "cheery" ones so far in the second 500 that made me laugh, but I guess I'm just experiencing error code blues.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrshadowphoenixmrshadowphoenix Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After today's patch, the same thing started happening to me when I tried to get into game on Holodeck. Yes, the 'crash error report' thing pops up, but it says in the 'Ticket ID #' window 'Unknown' and then closes itself up as well.

Not getting a 'critical failure' message, and it is getting to the Romulan symbol screen, but I've not yet been able to get to my character select screen.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys im trying again now to get in Im hoping something in the new update replaces whatever was broken. Im not holding my breath though.

Anyway while I was downloading the patch I tossed together a new sig. If any of you want to use it. Go right ahead!

Nope no change
    Error id is 18897741
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • mrshadowphoenixmrshadowphoenix Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tried it again. Got another crash. This time, though, it let me submit a crash report.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well 3 days now and lost already 45 lobi and 24k dilithium x 5( 5 Characters)= for a total of 120000 Refined Dilithium, and still no fix no real update from Brandon just that they are still working on it, and no real news.

Only thing I ask is if they Can't fix this problem to just let us know and that would be the end of that.

And on Brandon's twitter feed someone asked why this bug was left from last time if they had fixed it already and Brandon replied saying its not the same bug. If I recall correctly its the same Ticket number from last time 18897741
  • spasticherospastichero Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So my game is crashing at the character login screen. Ticket # 25316319
    edited November 2013
    So my game is crashing at the character login screen. Ticket # 25316319

welcome to the contemned :D
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys im trying again now to get in Im hoping something in the new update replaces whatever was broken. Im not holding my breath though.

Anyway while I was downloading the patch I tossed together a new sig. If any of you want to use it. Go right ahead!

Thanks for that, (sig), I'm laughing again...although it's possibly insanity.

You did inspire me to think though,... We're all Scotty, stuck in a transporter loop,
    for 60 years, OUTSIDE The Sphere.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, reinstalled STO in an alternate folder... exact same crash ID.

*sigh*
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for that, (sig), I'm laughing again...although it's possibly insanity.

You did inspire me to think though,... We're all Scotty, stuck in a transporter loop,
    for 60 years, OUTSIDE The Sphere.

this is actually a really good thinking:cool:
    congratulations to you sir. you have a HELL of a imagination;)

and lets go all the way almost 1000 post !!!!

and yes it would be good an update from brandon... of course i dont expect anymore patches this week...(come on suprise me!!!)

so this week i finally made to go back to older MMO's i play... good weekend for you lads...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey I found a fix that really works!!

Go to your control panel.
    Click on Programs and Features icon.
    Select the STO icon.
    Click and watch STO uninstall.

This really works!
    No more waiting in angst.
    No more trying every day waiting in anticipation, only to be disappointed.
    No more being blamed for being a victim, that it is your own fault, that it is your hardware's fault, that it is your driver's fault.
    No more waiting to re-download multi Gigabytes over and over again.
    Free up multi Gigabytes of hard disk space and feel the freedom to do whatever you want.

This solution really works!
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too am losing out on Dily, Lobi and filling out the rest of my Boffs with Jem'hadar armor sets (as well as getting the second part of the obelisk carrier set and some rare AP beam arrays for my level 50's).

My point is that a complete rollback maybe in order for Season 8. Something serious has changed in the game preventing people from logging into the game. I am going to try a clean reininstall tonight and see if that changes anything (I, too, tried to log into the new season 8 while the server was down. Perhaps it corrupted a file or something).

what are people running for OS? I'm XP 32-bit
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    Hey I found a fix that really works!!

Go to your control panel.
    Click on Programs and Features icon.
    Select the STO icon.
    Click and watch STO uninstall.

This really works!
    No more waiting in angst.
    No more trying every day waiting in anticipation, only to be disappointed.
    No more being blamed for being a victim, that it is your own fault, that it is your hardware's fault, that it is your driver's fault.
    No more waiting to re-download multi Gigabytes over and over again.
    Free up multi Gigabytes of hard disk space and feel the freedom to do whatever you want.

This solution really works!

and you sir actually arent helping anyone with this thinking...
    if youre quitting... farewell to you then...
    but theres no need for cheap sarcasm...leave this one to me man!!!:cool:
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
This discussion has been closed.