test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• leouanaleouana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. We are continuing to work on a resolution and will note it in patch notes once one is available.

3 days without playing....is there a compensation for the lobi reward i miss because you are not capable of repair your game ??? :(:(:mad::mad:
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    old MacCyrptic had a game... E-I-E-I-Ooo with crash-crash here and Bug-bug there... here a crash there a bug everywhere a crash or bug... E-I-E-I-oooooh.

same ticket as i had before... was so hoping #253163319

ok, that's a good one..

Yep, still crash crash here..

Crash reports must be piling up there...
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was reading Cryptic support page they recommend this
    (NW)(STO)(CO) Game crashing/not loading after latest update, or after a video/graphic settings change
    Published 06/13/2013 12:07 PM | Updated 06/13/2013 12:14 PM
    I changed my video settings in-game & the game crashes when I log in, or things look messed up after the latest game update, help?
    This can help with CO, STO, and NW graphic issues after a new update, or if you changed a setting and can't change it back.

(1) Look in your game folder for:

\localdata\GamePrefs.pref

(2) Delete that, and restart the game!
    Example: For Neverwinter, a location might be somewhere like: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\localdata
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    old Maccyrptic Had A Game... E-i-e-i-ooo With Crash-crash Here And Bug-bug There... Here A Crash There A Bug Everywhere A Crash Or Bug... E-i-e-i-oooooh.

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
    edited November 2013
    well so far tried

Updating drivers---did so on my nvdia
    cleaning computer-did so
    looking for memory leaks and other programs- did so
    clear localdata-did that

ditch game client and get new game client-did that twice

*sigh* 30 lobi crystals lost and counting :mad:
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    old MacCyrptic had a game... E-I-E-I-Ooo with crash-crash here and Bug-bug there... here a crash there a bug everywhere a crash or bug... E-I-E-I-oooooh.

same ticket as i had before... was so hoping #253163319[/QUOTE

EPIC WIN!:D
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Running a Radeon 4550. Tried stepping driver back. No help. Still crashing. Ticket 25316319
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe this is a good time to pull out that old 386 P3 with 4 megs ram, nice voodoo 3 card and fire up that old original duke nukem or rise over the triad.. Those were fun in their day and may occupy some time till this is fixed..
    edited November 2013
    and the problem continues and all we get is cheers from poor bran flakes who stuck between empathy and corporate needs
    edited November 2013
    I'm no smart computer geek guy but from reading all the post on this trend I'm guessing the issue is on their end not ours
    edited November 2013
    yep but it doesnt happen to more than 20 to 40 % of pop so TRIBBLE it itll fix itself once people get tired and move on...i imagine once PS4 release ppl will lose interest and move on
    This isnt the first season to have this problem every season has it
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    Was reading Cryptic support page they recommend this
    (NW)(STO)(CO) Game crashing/not loading after latest update, or after a video/graphic settings change
    Published 06/13/2013 12:07 PM | Updated 06/13/2013 12:14 PM
    I changed my video settings in-game & the game crashes when I log in, or things look messed up after the latest game update, help?
    This can help with CO, STO, and NW graphic issues after a new update, or if you changed a setting and can't change it back.

(1) Look in your game folder for:

\localdata\GamePrefs.pref

(2) Delete that, and restart the game!
    Example: For Neverwinter, a location might be somewhere like: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\localdata

Tried that. Didn't help... but thanks for trying ;)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
    edited November 2013
    hey anythings better than waiting for them to try and fix it...cleaning out my computer again. Also i started a thread in discussion to extend lobi crystals featured reruns please read and comment on it.
    edited November 2013
    From a business stand point cryptic is loosing money because the more players that cant play thats just more players that wont pay (sorry for the lame ryme) and if those players cant get in word will spread and it could damage cryptic's reputation. Now from a personal stand point I'm confident the devs will get the issue fixed (soon would be to strong a word) but if not as a paying customer I'll just simply spend my money else where just simple economics
    edited November 2013
    Good reasoning but im a lifer i already paid for this im just losing benefits:D
  • kardeizkardeiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Season 8 Review:

Season 8 sucks. It consists of watching a load screen, then my desktop. This game reminds me of something else... oh yeah rebooting my computer. So I have a 'game' that takes ~10gb to mimic rebooting my PC. Wait! What!?!?!

So now the key sale has gone by. I sure hope Cryptic lost a bunch of money due to people not being able to actually play the game to buy them. Soon (7 days) the Season 8 tribble will disappear from the C-Store as well. (Why, when the other season rewards remain? Oh right, so they can 'sell' it in the C-Store to those who missed out on it. IDIC tribble anyone? That means nearly everyone in this thread is a potential sale.) I won't even bring up missing 15 lobi a day as well as not being able to get the FE rewards. Oops I just brought that up too.

I feel a little bad for the LTS experiencing this. But it's far worse for Gold subscribers. They're losing time off their subscriptions every day this isn't fixed. Makes me ask the question, if someone bought a gold sub the day before S8, and this thing isn't fixed for the 30 days of the sub, will they be reimbursed? I highly doubt it given the track record I've seen here. Even at a fast food restaurant if they mess up your order you can go to the manager and let him/her know and he/she will fix it. And usually add a little something to 'make it right' so he/she has a better chance of retaining you as a customer. But these guys know they have you by the short hairs. They have the license to the Star Trek brand, and if you want to play Star Trek this is the only show in town.

Want to know why they seem to be dragging their feet? Because only a relatively small number of players are experiencing a problem. You aren't a monetary loss to them. You do not matter. LTS? no problem, they already have your Dong (₫). Gold? again, they already have your Dong (₫). Silver? You aren't even considered. It's all about the Dong (₫). And everyone knows Cryptic likes their Dong (₫)!
  • softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just checking in to see if they might have figured this out over night and threw it in with rest of patch ( a Fix )

And nope still getting # 25316319 -- i guess maybe by the time i get back in the stuff i put on exchange the night before may be expired :( ---I hope not---

I have tryed to rollback concept with Display adapters threw Device manager but it did not work.

I'll pop in once i get in and say YEAH -- the hostages are free to play!!! :D
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kardeiz wrote: »
    My Season 8 Review:

Season 8 sucks. It consists of watching a load screen, then my desktop. This game reminds me of something else... oh yeah rebooting my computer. So I have a 'game' that takes ~10gb to mimic rebooting my PC. Wait! What!?!?!

So now the key sale has gone by. I sure hope Cryptic lost a bunch of money due to people not being able to actually play the game to buy them. Soon (7 days) the Season 8 tribble will disappear from the C-Store as well. (Why, when the other season rewards remain? Oh right, so they can 'sell' it in the C-Store to those who missed out on it. IDIC tribble anyone? That means nearly everyone in this thread is a potential sale.) I won't even bring up missing 15 lobi a day as well as not being able to get the FE rewards. Oops I just brought that up too.

I feel a little bad for the LTS experiencing this. But it's far worse for Gold subscribers. They're losing time off their subscriptions every day this isn't fixed. Makes me ask the question, if someone bought a gold sub the day before S8, and this thing isn't fixed for the 30 days of the sub, will they be reimbursed? I highly doubt it given the track record I've seen here. Even at a fast food restaurant if they mess up your order you can go to the manager and let him/her know and he/she will fix it. And usually add a little something to 'make it right' so he/she has a better chance of retaining you as a customer. But these guys know they have you by the short hairs. They have the license to the Star Trek brand, and if you want to play Star Trek this is the only show in town.

Want to know why they seem to be dragging their feet? Because only a relatively small number of players are experiencing a problem. You aren't a monetary loss to them. You do not matter. LTS? no problem, they already have your Dong (₫). Gold? again, they already have your Dong (₫). Silver? You aren't even considered. It's all about the Dong (₫). And everyone knows Cryptic likes their Dong (₫)!

lol - true story!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
    edited November 2013
    Ya the key sale just went bye....also at least 30 lobi and chances to run sphere of influence for the oblesik...
    im trying pasive resistance first every thread i interject on i ask devs to fix the servers. suggest you do the same for time being will change signature to
    Season * would be great if i could get on....please fix!!!!!*
    can copy it or use a similar one
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hm... read something about someone having problems with YouTube videos.
    Could be a coincidence, but who knows...

Can't tell exactly since when, but it seems to me like YouTube acts up since I loaded Season 8... Videos usually start playing for about a second, then go black and I get the "An error occured." message.
    Tried updating Flash and stuff, but still...

Anybody else having this issue?
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    lets just focus on star trek and not you tube
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    lets just focus on star trek and not you tube
    Well, I am focusing on Star Trek...

My thought is that these issues might somehow be related.
    Even if this might sound odd to you, it still could point into some direction to solve the issue.
    And as such I think it's worth to be mentioned.
    There are qute a few files on a computer which are shared by several programs - if one of these files is broken, all these programs won't work properly.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • jammers19jammers19 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was lucky enough to get onto the game on Launch and on the following days and not hit the bug, however, after todays patch I now have the bug, it took me 7 attempts to get into the game, and it then proceeded to not connect to the server , I decided to wait and see if I could get a reconnect, 600 seconds later still no connect.

This is a game breaking bug for some people and with each new season there is always one... please fix this quickly, some people are paying for this game and honestly at this rate you will lose subscribers as they become angry.

I know you are doing your best, but all the Bugs you have squashed have been small and really could have been left, IF YOU NEED TO TAKE THE SERVER DOWN FOR SEVERAL HOURS THEN DO IT, most of the player base will understand.

Thanks again Cryptic, the content is good as far as I have played, but the season is still buggy and it needs work
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Key sales finishes now, which is a great shame. I had been going to spend a few hundred zen on keys to round out my Lobi for the tachyokinetic converters.

The only saving grace for me is my sister said she'd log in for me on her machine and do my Lobi and fleet contributions today and last night. Not sure if she actually got around to it but still a chance.

Even so Ive still lost at least 2 days Lobi from this, if not more. If it continues much longer, bam goes my chance to equip my Rom with the FE rewards like Shard of Possibilities.

I tried again after the latest patch, still nothing (though on my fifth attemt it did manage to log in.......... for all of a minute before it crashes and I got the same error code. Tried again and again with no luck.)

Using Intel HD 2000 graphics card, with latest drivers. Never had a problem with it before S8.

Same ticket id as the last few I posted.

I'm all for patience but its starting to mount up in terms of lost rewards. There really is no excuse, we told them about this a month ago and were completely ignored.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rolled back my video drivers. No good.
    Installed new video drivers. No good.
    Everything we've done on our end, for three days ... no good.
    Could it be because the problem isn't on our end?

Master key sale, expired.
    Missions with Worf and Lobi crystals, soon to do the same.
    And not a word about extending the cut-off dates?
    Something that would benefit everyone -- including PWE -- I might add.
    Wow. Guess it's time to embrace the reality ... we aren't important to PWE.
  • fenukafenuka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those wondering if it's steam or not, I'd say no. Mine was crashing on Steam as the Leagacy of Romulus sscreen finishes. I installed via ARC and it's crashing at exactly the same place, so makes no difference.

Ping connection is fantastic as well, so no communication issues.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You know.. i am starting to think the same way..
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rolled back my video drivers. No good.
    Installed new video drivers. No good.
    Everything we've done on our end, for three days ... no good.
    Could it be because the problem isn't on our end?

don't get your hopes up bout them giving us any compensation... they never do, remember a couple months ago when a patch caused a load of people to keep crashing? well i was one of them and because of that i missed out on 5 characters getting their shards... they r currently at 13/14 shards... i have received no compensation.... so like i said... don't get your hopes up. after they fix this they will most likely go on and pretend nothing happened.
  • trakattrakat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know.. i am starting to think the same way..

I was hope that after today's "technical shutdown" I will be able to play....
    But I was wrong...
    Now I am wondering:
    Should I have hope that you are wrong? :confused:
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    day 3 and I keep getting the same message,

# 25316319

and it seems we are getting less and less information comming to us, maybe they plan to just ignore the end result since the majority of the userbase still has access? Tell me I am wrong, but I believe the percentage of people affected may not even reach the 5% mark.

Perhaps Cryptic believes this to be an "acceptable" loss?
This discussion has been closed.