test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maybe its a Problem with nvidia Cards? friend of mine can play because he has an ATI Card, some People here stated that they can play on Laptp/ older PC with Shared Cards, that are most of the time not nvidia cards.

Not an Nvidia Card related issue I have intel and still cant log in
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    I have an older laptop and yet I can't play

The things to blame are numerous the solutions arent
    we can blame

1 the new mac client
    2 the number of ppl who came back to play a new season
    3 our graphic cards
    4 our computer
    5 that darn seasonal bug
    but in the end its a game of patience people will soon abandon the season and it will return to normal or the devs will patch game into a fix
    im more upset about losing 15 lobi crystals
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maybe its a Problem with nvidia Cards? friend of mine can play because he has an ATI Card, some People here stated that they can play on Laptp/ older PC with Shared Cards, that are most of the time not nvidia cards.

Toshiba NN550 Netbook with Intel Atom 1.67 Ghz Processor with Intel Intergrated Graphics and 1 Gig RAM...so nope not a Nvidia-only issue.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yep nothing to do but watch tv i guess this problem will get fixed tomorrow
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to try and see if i can get into Tribble and see if i can get on that way
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gateway laptop with Windows Vista and an Intel processor and Integrated Graphics and one gig ram here, same computer I had last time, only change is that I've defraged the hard drive and cleaned the registry since then.

Problems with Star Trek Online are the universe's way of telling me I've been neglecting other things - like watching television and playing console-based video games. Heh.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I have paperwork to file
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if tribble works i will let you know

sssooooo close

here's the Ticket number I get from Tribble

Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tested a direct launch from the gameclient.exe file.

Still getting Ticket #18897741 for my trouble.
  • Options
    tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After I hit Engage or sometimes before, the game keeps crashing. I have not been able to get on since season 8 launched.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tarrennis wrote: »
    After I hit Engage or sometimes before, the game keeps crashing. I have not been able to get on since season 8 launched.

Welcome to the party, we have red cupcakes with Bloodwine Frosting! Grab some popcorn from the Ferengi in the booth, kick back, and enjoy the show! We are going to watch how one makes a sweater from Jackal Mastiff wool.

(Tried going to safe mode and turning off On-Demand Patching and Force Verify with using Proxies...the Launcher just kept restarting the Patch over and over...)
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not that. My card is an ATI, and I'm in the same boat.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    furiousdrakiesfuriousdrakies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok this is really weird. I am having the crashes when I try to log on to the holodeck server at the black cryptic loading screen, but I am able to log on to the tribble server.

ticket # 25663486
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know they say they're "Working hard" on this issue... but now I'm starting to wonder at all.. 2 Patches already, and only for those who can get on (Next ones tomorrow, yet nothing for us). If they have the time and people to put on fixing all this little TRIBBLE which could and should wait til our issue is fixed, then how am I and the rest of us to believe that they are working on it. We seem to be pretty low on the priority list if other things can be fixed first.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • Options
    gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not an Nvidia Card related issue I have intel and still cant log in

Nvidia and Intel are tiny unknown companies. Cryptic does not support them anymore. After they fix the skirt appearance problem and the EV suit light in wrong position problem, they might find some spare time to fix problems from obscure obsolete video manufacturers.
    Cryptic can't find test machines that use obsolete video manufacturers, that is why they had to push the problem from test server to Holodeck so that more guinea pigs can test it out. :P

Or it's just a devious planned strategy to reduce the load on the servers. If too many people are on when new content is out, assign crashes to a group of people to prevent some from logging in.

Don't hold your breath for a fix in one or two days. The last video fix took a week. If the fix is timed right, that will make it impossible for people to log in and get the free tribble.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok this is really weird. I am having the crashes when I try to log on to the holodeck server at the black cryptic loading screen, but I am able to log on to the tribble server.

ticket # 25663486

Aha!
    That supports the theory of Cryptic using the crashes to reduce server load on holodeck. Since there is less load on tribble, there is no need to have planned crashes there. ;)

A previous report of a known crash on tribble was only a "test" crash so that the test crash can be promoted to a "planned" crash on holodeck. These Cryptic guys are so devious and evil. :)
  • Options
    niki9000000niki9000000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I start the game it's loading and after the LOADING, bam and it crashes and returns me to the desktop.I hope you can fix the problem soon enough. :mad:
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kheldryn wrote: »
    I know they say they're "Working hard" on this issue... but now I'm starting to wonder at all.. 2 Patches already, and only for those who can get on (Next ones tomorrow, yet nothing for us). If they have the time and people to put on fixing all this little TRIBBLE which could and should wait til our issue is fixed, then how am I and the rest of us to believe that they are working on it. We seem to be pretty low on the priority list if other things can be fixed first.
    To clear things up: Branflakes statement

Do i like the current situation? No. Do i have to like it? No. Can i change anything about it? No, i cannot. It's absolutely on their end. All i (we) can do, is wait and see. It sucks, but thats what it is. In the meantime we can spend our time on other things. And i believe Branflakes, that the team that can do something about it, is working hard, because Cryptic / Perfect World is losing money atm. Plain and simple. It's in their own best interest as a company to fix it ASAP.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

ticket # 25663486

Nothing weird about that. Tribble has already gotten a newer patch version than Holodeck, so congrats, seems that # 25663486 was a shading/texture issue then, since since the really-not-so-magical-because-the-team-
    obviously-communicated-beforehand-what-to-expect-and-what-they-plan-crystal-ball from Bran said that there is nothing else in the patch right now.
    Of course the Tribble Patch could be only the Tech Teams work, and the maintenance later will be the ingame-bugfixes (and if we get lucky some breakthrough of the gamebraking ones as well)
    So they simply use Tribble now as testing, and that is what Tribble is all about, testing the newest code/patch... somehow I just wish we had had time to testing before Season 8 got live... /sarcasm

I really only hope my freshly created Fleet does live when I can join again :\

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    daviesbarnsleydaviesbarnsley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oops your cryptic application has crashed with ERROR 18897741 PID:2944

Any ideas???? Was working fine until last night :(

Also everytime the game is loaded i get a message saying

" an error was detected by the game, would you like to verify all files? NOTE: this may take 10-20 minutes. Click yers or no, it makes no difference :(
  • Options
    trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tried running it again, just for kicks. Got the same Ticket: 18897741
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
    AMD Turion 64x2. 3g ram ATI Radeon X1250
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    Nvidia and Intel are tiny unknown companies.
    You're kidding right? 90% of the games I have bought use Nvidia cards as their primary, I only have 1 other game that uses something different and that was Dawn of War 2 which tried using the ATI Radeons... Nvidia is actually VERY well known and is one of the most supported video cards (Radeon being the other)....as for the Intel.. that I'd agree on. I knew they had a Processor, but not that they tried to dabble in the GFX dept.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here! Stuck at the loading screen!

I play this game with my 8yr old and i fear he his losing interest with all these game failures, which is a shame since he is a Super Trekkie.

Although i cannot blame him, last month the mail system ate his dreadnought carrier he saved for and hoped to get millions of ec and now after all the hype he cant blast dinosaurs.

I did inform STO and they didn't give a sh*t

I have ran out of excuses trying to defend Cryptic/PWE and keep his interest in our joint pastime.
  • Options
    zer0tran1zer0tran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same thing's been happening to me too and i've reinstalled several times as well. -sigh- it'd be nice if there were more back and forth conversations like so:

"omg, game broke! here's what happened!" -submits ticket-
    "whoa, whoa, whoa! can you do it again? lemme watch 0_0"
    "ok! here, i'll do it again" -breaks game- "see! i told you i wasn't crazy!"
    "if you push this button over here, and slide that widget over there and move the monkey with a banana here..." -trails off into programSpeak- "... and that should fix it!"
    -logs in and plays game- "thanks!"

if only it were a Perfect World... ;)

bed time, its 3am for me
    oh and updating java/directx/adobe/graphics didnt seem to help much for me
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Conversation with my wife this morning (who normally uses my computer for STO).

Wife "Let's try on my computer."
    Me "I built yours too, it's about the same as mine and probably won't work."
    Wife "Worth a try..."

Download latest patches...

Me "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPceOB1Vc7M"

I worked!

For the record...
    My rig
    Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
    AMD Athlon64 3500+2.1GHZ
    3 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 1GB

My wife's rig
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    AMD Athlon64 3800+ 2.4GHZ
    1.5 GB RAM
    ATI RADEON HD 5450 1GB

Mine has always run faster and "prettier" than hers but if hers works then I'll suck it up and run on hers.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Third maintenance and still nothing....

"Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. As this is a separate issue from the above, we will continue to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available."
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Next Crash please fix it soon (very soon) how about NOW!!! No sleep unless this problem has been fixed.

Next try after the maintenance

Ticket: 18897741
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What I want to know is why was this KNOWN problem not resolved before going live on Holodeck??

Don't forget that this was reported on the Tribble TEST server for weeks!

Deciding not to have a Tribble test weekend and pretending not to notice is no excuse at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, since season 8 I've had quite a few crash on load experiences. Hopefully I'll get to see the game again soon. First tried a complete uninstall of the game manually deleting files associated with it and reinstalled. No go for that. My latest to garantee it wasn't something wonky that was installed I grabbed another copy of windows xp I had that wasn't being used and did a format of the drive and fresh install of windows. Updated everything and yeah, same thing. So at least I know it isn't something from running the same OS for years.
  • Options
    blerrkblerrk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I cant get the game to run past the brightness setting screen.A note at bottom keeps displaying that material files have been reloaded.
This discussion has been closed.