What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New KDF Bug with Costumes *team is investigating*

Comments

• Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue happened for me. Haven't dared running Sphere of Influence on any of my alts yet, for fear of getting bugged costumes on those as well. Fix it, please!

Tried submitting 2 tickets, both appear to have been sent, but I can't view my tickets ingame. What gives?
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    May or may not help, but I am able to save both of my "broken" outfits (kdf honor guard and a kdf winter coat) then load the outfit (with the load only outfit option checked) in a different, functional outfit slot and it works fine. Of course this only works if you have extra outfit slots.
  • Options
    kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just had this bug happen to my main KDF character.
  • Options
    agentmkultraagentmkultra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I'm discouraged to see that so many other people are having this problem, but I'm having it too and it was something that started months ago when I stopped playing for awhile, and now that I'm back and I still can't change any costumes on my KDF toon it's really not making me want to get back into playing. Please help us fix this!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the information!

That should get me firmly on this bug's trail. If I need any more info, I'll be back.

I hope they put yous on the trail of the elusive KHG costume bug :D
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    It may be related to using Honor Guard/MACO/OMEGA costume during the FE.
    My only character affected was wearing the Honor Guard, while the other were not wearing any of those.

Can others say this is a pattern in this bug or not ?

My KDF was wearing honour guard, my KDF-Rom was not.
    Thanks for the reports, Captains, and apologies for this issue. The team is investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon.
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.

The two toons affected for me were both wearing costume #4 I believe. My KDf was wearing the Honour Guard but my KDF-Rom was just wearing basic, free items IIRC.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug has affected my fleet uniform long before the FE was even released, but after it released and I replayed it, Now It affects every slot and I can't change to a outfit different than slot 1.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I lost my last 2 costume slots on my Orion while beaming into First City. When I was materialized, my costume had switched, and previous costume was not accessible.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    sherokhansherokhan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This Bug has been around for some time. I play A Reman KDF-ROM. At first it was just 2 of my costumes that was buggy. But after playing the new mission 4 of of my 8 outfits can't be selected (wear) from either character portrait or tailor. In tailor you can't modify them, and when trying to rename the a error of invalid part to costume appears.

While on this there are many Costume parts where color pallet are missed matched (left and right bracelet don't share the same pallets)

And Many parts are linked. Chance the color on left bracelet change pants colors
  • Options
    jmanwinjmanwin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    KDF-Rom Alien

No functioning costume slots except the primary one.

One of the non-functioning slots (Slot 2) is a Uniform slot containing no unlockable costume bits, unless the faction uniforms gained at level 10 count. The other non-functioning slots were a Formal outfit, an Off-Duty Dilithium Miner costume, and an Off-Duty Romulan Embassy costume.

This character does NOT have any Honor Guard or Omega Force gear and has no access to those costumes.

I switched between costumes multiple times midway through playing Sphere of Influence (to see how they looked in the cutscenes). Unfortunately I do not recall which one was worn when first loading the mission nor completing the mission.

There are other non-functioning costume slots on this character, but they've been broken for months and aren't directly related to Sphere of Influence.

I am not getting error messages with the new broken slots, but in the past when this happened I would get messages about the costume containing invalid parts.
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having the same problem and I filed a bug report.

There is a work around. Go to the tailor. Select one of your uniforms that you haven't been able to use and hit the CREATE button on the UI. Then hit purchase or modify and purchase. It will create a duplicate uniform. You won't be able to delete the corrupted uniform files, but you will be able to select and wear the duplicate.

What I don't know is if then playing Sphere of Influence again will cause the same bug. This has only happened on my KDF Romulan.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got hit with this last night;

I'd played through Sphere with most of my characters, then I went to do it with my level 50 KDF-Alien Tactical, I had recently created a new uniform for him using the Lobi-store Korath uniform and the Layered Shoulder Pads option.

First stage of the mission, went fine...
    Went through the Gateway, ended up in unknown location and I'm suddenly in one of my other outfits; I can switch between it and another fine, but can't access my new Korath varient.

Complete the mission, head to Ganalda, go to the tailor; open that costume, alter it, pay for the alterations, leave, try to wear it, can't, go back to the tailor, try to wear it from there, can't again. Ended up having to make another new costume to replace it...

...Didn't we have this same flippin' bug-type thing going on back when Legacy of Romulus first came out?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've not yet done Sphere of Influence, and my KDF Reman's costume reverted to the uniform slot. The costume I'd been using (the only other slot in use) is now unselectable. I've tried making a new costume by loading the saved costume but what loads is entirely different from what was saved (it's just some random mess of clothing).

I think I first noticed this after I'd done one of the featured episodes.
  • Options
    chadhughes145chadhughes145 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same issue. I have 8 distinct outfits and am restricted now to my first outfit. Have tried the tailor fix and it was a no-go.
  • Options
    hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here, annoying as hell :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Somehow this bug unlocked the costume (costume 2) that was locked with the bug from LoR on my KDF Rom' (Alien), I was finally able to rename and edit that one. However I am still restricted in my uniform choices. =/
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Thanks for your help.

I had this thread tracked but it didn't show me updates to it so I apologize for the delay.

The Trill KDF was wearing the White Winter Coat and belt, all other parts are standard KDF options. She did not have slot #1 on. I believe this outfit was in slot #2.

The Orion was wearing the White Winter Coat as well. Same outfit design. It was in slot #3, not slot #1.

The broken slots both contain the outfit above but the Trill has the Adapted KHG with the optionals unlocked from MACO accolades which also became broken. The Orion has no unlocks from accolades. The one consistency is that no matter what is placed in slots #2 and #3, it breaks, even if no special parts are used. I believe it is a slot problem and not necessarily a part problem even though it will tell me there are invalid parts. If I put an identical uniform in slot #1, it works and stays put. I can load any of the broken outfits into slot #1 and they work. Hope this helps and is not too late in coming.

EDIT: I just recalled that both characters beamed into the FE in slot #1 even though slots #2 or #3 were in use. I am still parsing my memory logs and will edit with any information I may find there.

Cheers
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013

When I ran it with my Fed, I was in my formal uniform (slot 2) before I landed. When I ran it with my KDF, I changed to formal uniform (slot 2 again) after beaming down. When I ran it with my RR(Fed), I again changed uniform after beaming down. Only the KDF has been affected, being unable to change uniforms from the primary (slot 1), while the others are fine. So far, I have only run those 3 characters through the mission.

All my characters follow the same general uniform pattern - slot 1 is general use duty uniform; slot 2 is a formal dress uniform (uses standard parts but as much non-zen bling as can be fitted); slot 3 is a special forces uniform; slot 4 is an off-duty set, that doesn't necessarily use the off-duty category sets. If I don't have a special forces uniform for a character yet, off-duty is in slot 3. I have no zen-store uniform parts, apart from the free giveaways from a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your help.

No, no error messages. Clicking on a uniform set to wear, whether in the tailor or through the main interface, simply has no effect on my KDF.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    I finally got this to repro!

This is one wily bug that doesn't have a consistent repro beyond use a KDF character with multiple costumes, run Sphere of Influence while wearing a costume other than the first one and try to change costumes after running the mission and sometimes it will happen. I made three runs with one character and had no costume problems, and another that had the bug show up after just one run of the mission. :confused:

Still, I got the issue to happen and it's now off to software, where they will hopefully be able to figure out what the root cause is and fix it. That will take some time however, so please try to be patient.

Thanks again for the information all of you provided.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013

This is one wily bug that doesn't have a consistent repro beyond use a KDF character with multiple costumes, run Sphere of Influence while wearing a costume other than the first one and try to change costumes after running the mission and sometimes it will happen. I made three runs with one character and had no costume problems, and another that had the bug show up after just one run of the mission. :confused:

Still, I got the issue to happen and it's now off to software, where they will hopefully be able to figure out what the root cause is and fix it. That will take some time however, so please try to be patient.

That's fantastic news!

I really hope that the bugged/frozen/locked costume slots are a related issue.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Good to hear Frost, will this fix also fix any costumes that were bugged before the FE release?
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Crazy theory but for the longest time, my login screen showed one of my BOs in place of the ship. Other characters had duplicate BOs. This was fixed by renaming slots to have unique names.

My pet idea here is that being swapped to the ship in Sphere of Influence or maybe some of the cutscene wizardry are causing problems. (Also used to have issues with one of my BOs replacing my main during cutscenes until I renamed their costume.)
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will fixing this also fix my KDF's Korath costume?

Right now the tailor lists me as having ONE left Wrist Korath piece, even though I never had the costume. And when I later bought the costume box, it won't unpack at all because it thinks I already have the costume!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013

LOL playing KDF you can repro just about any bug its just most ppl do it on a fed because KDF doesn't seem to be high priority :(
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Crypticfrost, any idea of a time frame? I know a lot of us don't want to wait until Season 9 and it's still not fixed
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Good to hear the culprit has been found! Can't wait for a fix.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Awesome. Thanks for looking into it. Here's to hoping a fix rolls out soon!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Heres a wonderful ditty I just had on my KDF Ferasan kitty:

Do FE mission and get promoted - YAY
    Happily head off to Qo'nos shipyard to get my new ship - YAY
    Equip my ship and move all equipment onto it - Okay so far
    Go to ship tailor to customise my ship as always - !!

So apparently when I hit purchase to change my SHIP costume I get the error message 'unable to change species', and of course I have also reverted my uniform back to slot 1 and lost access to the costume I was wearing. So apparently my character has been morphed into a metaphorical starship! Maybe the tailor at spacedock is actually making changes to the toons which are causing the missions like the Nimbus ones and 'Into the Sphere' which really does explain the 'invalid parts' error when we tried to rename the slots.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Heres a wonderful ditty I just had on my KDF Ferasan kitty:

Do FE mission and get promoted - YAY
    Happily head off to Qo'nos shipyard to get my new ship - YAY
    Equip my ship and move all equipment onto it - Okay so far
    Go to ship tailor to customise my ship as always - !!

So apparently when I hit purchase to change my SHIP costume I get the error message 'unable to change species', and of course I have also reverted my uniform back to slot 1 and lost access to the costume I was wearing. So apparently my character has been morphed into a metaphorical starship! Maybe the tailor at spacedock is actually making changes to the toons which are causing the missions like the Nimbus ones and 'Into the Sphere' which really does explain the 'invalid parts' error when we tried to rename the slots.

Not too sure about this one, as I get this error if I try to customize the Phalanx Support Vessel. Could be the culprit though. Anything to say on this one Frost?
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug happened to me outside of the FE (on a KDF-aligned Romulan) before the FE was even released. However, it happened to me -again- in the FE. I know in the FE that I was not wearing my main/slot 1 outfit.

I didn't read the entirety of this thread, but I wanted to let the devs know that the bug isn't restricted to Sphere of Influence, but does seem to be a KDF-only bug.

Sorry if this information has already been mentioned.