test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New KDF Bug with Costumes *team is investigating*

Comments

• blake73blake73 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, only limited to KDF as my Feds and allied Roms have had no issue.
  • garmus1garmus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep! Happened to me also to 2 of my KDF toons so far! It's frustrating when you work hard to unlock certain costume pieces and now you can't use them!
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.
    STO QA Team
  • oddboyoutoddboyout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also got hit by this glitch yesterday. It had only happened to one outfit slot before on my Romulan, back when LoR was first released. I should have been more vocal about it then. Now it's affected 4 outfit slots (which are all "available" now).

EDIT: Just noticed crypticfrost's message.

I was wearing an outfit slot other than my first slot. I was wearing the Republic Dress Uniform. The first time it happened a few month ago, perhaps during the last FE, I was wearing the Romulan Klingon uniform.

I haven't noticed any error messages. Nothing about the unwearable outfits can be changed, including the name.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?
    I was.
    Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?
    On one character, I was wearing the Honor Guard set. On another, it was a KDF uniform using standard parts plus all of the Veteran Reward costume pieces.
    No error message on my end - I believe in both cases I flew to the Qo'noS system and beamed directly to the shipyard. When I beamed in, my character's outfit abruptly changed itself to my main slot outfit.

I should add that my costume slots did not become locked, and I am able to change outfits on these characters. However, one of the characters, my Orion female, has had multiple locked/unusable slots for months.

Thanks Frost, I hope you're able to sort this out, and that the fix also resolves the longstanding issues with costume slots!
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • amedea66amedea66 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To add my experience onto the list, with my main KDF toon, during the Risa event, I made an offduty costume soon as that went live and it was okay for a few days but then wouldn't let me rename the slot and gave me a message of Invalid Parts. I didn't think much of it since I had other slots to use. Nothing really changed beyond sometimes having to recreate an outfit entirely if I went to change part of it, but it wasn't too pricey in ec so I didn't mind it so much.

After doing the FE in replay, each KDF and KDF allied toon switched to the main uniform costume I had for them after the first run through the gate cutscene. Previously they were fine in whatever I had them in, and on my Fed toons, they remained unchanged and are able to change costumes normally.

When trying to change costumes on the KDF toons, I get no error message, I am able to see the costumes fine when I go to a tailor and even select the wear option but upon leaving the screen, the toon is still in the main uniform. I have already tried closing out the game client completely and logging back in, tried the repair options I have from my Steam install, and even did a cold reboot on my computer with none of these making a difference.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2013

KDF Character was wearing her main slot costume at the time.

I can say this is a no. I have 4 of my 5 slots unusable at this point. Of those, one is nothing but simple off duty robes.

No error messages.

I am going to try to shed some more light on what this bug has done to at least my account, in hopes that it helps.

This bug first hit my KDF character when I played Temporal Ambassador. At that time and soon following with the lauch of LoR more people noticed, this bug was reported by KDF players.

When I purchased my lifetime subscription some months later, the bug mysteriously disappeared from that toon. All 5 costume slots back and useable.

After doing Sphere of Influence, yesterday i was down to 3 slots, and just now logged in to find only the 1 accessible.

This is not a RECENT bug. The bug that is now widespread because of the Feature Episode is the same bug, or at least it acts to player eyes , exactly the same as the bug that has plagued the KDF since Temporal Ambassador.

I hope any of that helps.
    This has long been one of the most egregious bugs in the game.

Peace
    - John
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.
    The first two chars I used for this were using Honor Guard set and reappeared wearing their default uniform, and all of the other uniforms were all tagged as "additional uniform" and were no longer associated with their actual slot types (at which point they become unusable and uneditable). On the third char, I went through wearing the default uniform the first time, and the other slots remained intact--I was even able to switch between them once I got there. On the replay of the third char, I went through with the Honor Guard uniform active, and it bugged like the other two had earlier. So basically, if you are wearing a uniform other than default uniform, you are reset to that slot, and the other slots beceom unusable/uneditable.

Alright. This is an OLD bug that is just being manifested in a repeatable way and somebody is actually paying attention to it.

One important clue is that the additional uniforms all get renamed to "additional uniform" and lose their slot-name binding (the honor guard kit is no longer "honor guard" slot it is ust another "additional uniform" generic slot. My guess from looking at it on this side is that the paperdolls lose their binding to their premium slots, and the client then says "hey the customer did not pay for these uniforms so I'm not going to let him use/edit" and of course there is no delete button so we cant get rid of them either. However I can recreate the old costumes, since the game thinks I have not used those slots.

Here is a pic, I just recreated the KHG in the 2nd slot, and it has the proper Honor Guard identifier, while the others are all generic "additional slot"

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x57/UrsusMorologus/Star%20Trek%20Online/KadraUniformSlotBug.png
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Attempted to trigger the bug with two KDF characters (one a Romulan)- can still use all of their costumes with no problem.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

At first they are all STF sets even the broken ones and then I got to one character that was using one with no rep or micro transactions and it changed it to one with a full klingon academy so it has nothing to do with that.

What is happening is when you transition from new romulus to unknown location majority of the time it is changing the costume to a random one. The only time I've seen it not change is if the character only has one or two costumes.

My character Kodan (Lethean Eng) is the one that was in 100% free costume parts that changed to the full academy.

Edit: I think I do know what the problem is because its a new bug I noticed with LoR with the reman and romulans I had where you must go to the tailor and reset it manually to get the costumes back where you can change into different ones.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having the same issue on my Romulan allied KDF toon I ran it both times in both uniforms now I can't put him back in his Tal Shiar uniform
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

One toon affected by the bug was using KHG Hos (Ferasan), the other was wearing Romulan Republic 2 (Rom-KDF). Both are now stuck with only being able to use the 1st slot.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

Was wearing costume slot 5 when it happened to me. I got forcibly swapped to slot 3 after I went through the first gate, after the collapse of the first room in the mission. Slot 5 was a combination bortasqu uniform from the starbase, miner outfit from the dilithium mine, veteran parts, ferengi earrings from the lobi store, and klingon academy uniform from the c-store.

It's locked out my omega uniforms, my khg uniform, and prevented me from easily accessing slots 1 2 and 3 which include elements from the bortasqu, formal wear, that sash from temporal ambassador, the risian flower accents and risian sunglasses, ferengi earrings and the kdf korath uniform from the lobi store.

I can wear 1 2 and 3 but I need to right click and select them from my portrait. The commands "/setactivecostume 1 0" "/setactivecostume 1 1" "/setactivecostume 1 2" etc don't work for me any more.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

Non main slot costume. I previously lost the use of 4 of my wardrobe slots about a month ago and now I can't use 9 of them. I think I lost the other 5 when doing the sphere of influence episode but it could be sheer coincidence.

There are no error messages or consistency in what costume slots are no longer accessible - you simply can't wear them and the tailor lists empty slots IN ADDITION to displaying the nonfunctional wardrobe costume icons. Clicking "wear" in the tailor does nothing.

I can still edit the inaccessible costume slots - but not wear them or save them.

I think this is a pre-existing bug that the new mission has "spread".
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It
    seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

One thing I have just noted however: it never happened after the first run. Every time the bug happened was after the first replay... Was it the case for everyone else notice this?

Thanks for your help.

None of my characters were wearing the first slot uniform

No. Some of them were purchased (TNG Romulan set) but the others were just variationsof the Republic uniforms.

No error messages. It seems to appear at random some time after having completed the FE. In one instance I was even able to log off, log back in with all my uniforms still working and then right after I beamed down somewhere my outfit was switched to the first one and they other ones would stop working.

One thing I have just noted however: it never happened after the first run. Every time the bug happened was after the first replay... Was it the case for everyone else notice this?
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

It seems to be happening to me when I try and change my Romulan allied KDF to a second uniform so far the FED toons aren't having this problem but I am going to check them all to make sure I had purchase the Romulan 24th century set
  • rensha1rensha1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Finnished the FE Mission(2nd time) and beamed to Ds9, where my outfit changed to my 2nd slot outfit, I went to the Tailor to try and change it, but it would not let me.
    I logged out and the logged back in and it had changed to my 1st slot outfit and is stuck there.

I was using slot 4 of 7.

Full Honor Guard set.

No Error msg.

Thanks for your help.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was wearing a uniform using many of the Dilithium Mine pieces, and it was in the last slot I had used at the time. When I copied the uniform by selecting it and hitting 'create', the new (workable) uniform slot was now the second out of all my slots.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

KDF Rom,
    I was wearing the effect costume slot during the mission. Its in my 4th slot.
    I'm one of the few that had a working Bortasqu uniform on a romulan before you guys disabled them.
  • taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I was wearing other than first slot costume.
    On KDF I was wearing unlocked KHG costume, on KDF-ROM I was wearing the allied kdf-rom costume.
    I didnt get any error message, outfit just changed after map change in FE. And the tailor doesnt work to change outfit either. All the set up outfits are there, just not usable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks for your help.

I wasn't wearing my main uniform during the mission run both times, I was wearing my Reman's tenth outfit (counting all unlocked outfit slots I have, including fleet). However, on my second run, I too got the first inkling of this bug when I entered the first part of the Solanae facility after leaving New Romulus, via my outfit changing suddenly into my eighth uniform.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I recall panicking (since I knew of this bug) and tried to swap uniforms, was able to access ALL of my uniforms that I recall...up until later on, when I was doing Spin the Wheel, I had beamed down to Ganalda station and it swapped my uniform to the eighth one in my list again. At this point, I discovered my eleventh outfit was unusable.

The uniform I was wearing was unlocked from the Romulan story progression upon allying with the KDF. The uniform in question utilizes many if not all pieces from the Reman Klingon set, some from the Romulan Klingon set. I don't believe any of these have micro-transaction relations, though I do have, but haven't worn, the Reman Nemesis attire in one of my uniform slots, and I have the Romulan TOS outfit unlocked but only used on a BOff on this character. No Omega rep unlocks available for her to wear or use yet either.

I get no error messages, and while it seems I can view it at the tailor and am able to go into "modify," I can't wear it even via the tailor "wear" button, though it'll allow me to do so for the rest of my outfits on this character.

If this pattern holds true to some of the others here, if I relog I may no longer have access to any of my other outfits and be trapped only with my first on this character, I'll edit to add if this is the case or not later on, if I remember to anyway >_<

And just to add, I seem to have 22 total uniform slots, only 11 currently used up on this affected character.

Edit: If it also helps, most of my Reman's uniforms were made before she allied with the KDF. Only the last two uniforms she has, the tenth and eleventh, the former of which I wore for both runs, were made after joining the KDF. Uniforms made prior to allying with the KDF also include a bunch of off-duty outfits made before the KDF were allowed off-duty outfits, which affected Romulan-faction races when they allied with the KDF, but could still worn if not made. Neither can you also load outfits saved prior to allying with the KDF.

On a semi-related note (to Remans allying with KDF), player Reman noses are altered upon allying with the KDF and no longer have the same access to a lower "nose height" they did prior, leaving me with two outfits (again the tenth and eleventh I've been mentioning) that have a much higher-placed nose that can't be lowered any further.
    edited November 2013
    After looking into this a little further it seems to be happening on all of my KDF or KDF Romulan Allied toons
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One work around I had to do since I have them all saved anyways is delete the one I was wearing then re-creating it in the tailor a load and purchase and then it lets you use wear again after you are finished doing it as a temporary work around for the problem.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    It's NOT related to costume unlocks.

My two toons affected by this bug:

KDF Orion:
    No Z-Store costume sets and no unlocked costume sets, not counting sashes unlocked by ranks.

Locked in first costume slot while wearing this costume.

The same toon is also affected by duplicate costume slot - should have only 3 slots (One uniform, one off-duty, and one unlocked for being in fleet for a moment) but has 4 slots.

KDF-allied Romulan:
    No Z-Store costume sets and only KDF Romulan costume options unlocked.

Bug occured after wearing costume from first slot during FE.

Both toons are locked in their first slot also can't have ANY edits made into any costume slot except first one.

It is not caused by unlockable costume sets. It's a false lead.

I could check it on my Fed toon with Z-Store unforms, but no. I will not risk yet another character being hit by this bug.

millybun wrote: »
    On a semi-related note (to Remans allying with KDF), player Reman noses are altered upon allying with the KDF and no longer have the same access to a lower "nose height" they did prior, leaving me with two outfits (again the tenth and eleventh I've been mentioning) that have a much higher-placed nose that can't be lowered any further.

As per usual, KDF is first to being hit with bugs, but last to have fixes done? Typical. I bet that when the same bug will show on Fed side it will be fixed very soon. :rolleyes:
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It happened to me with a KDF Alien. It had happened to the same character during Risa. This time it was not the 1st slot and I had on the Risa flower adornments in addition to standard KDF clothes.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reports, Captains, and apologies for this issue. The team is investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can we get a delete button in the meantime? I have several invalid costumes since LOR launched and this bug showed up that I would love to get rid of.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the information!

That should get me firmly on this bug's trail. If I need any more info, I'll be back.
    STO QA Team
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    By showing and then hiding my armour slot and kit on my Rom KDF I did manage to 'recover' slot 2 of my uniform slots but the others do not show at all. As for error messages there are none unless you attempt to rename the slot - in this case we get the error message 'uniform uses invalid parts' or something like that.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As an addendum to my previous post I just ran the mission with a 'proper' kdf toon and upon passing through the gate my costume immediately switched to slot 1 default. I thought hrm not again but in this case I never actually lost any costumes and could switch back to them. So as an assumption for this I would assume that the system is trying to repatriate the Rom toons to their affiliate factions and is thus making the uniforms invalid.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same here, my costume slots are broken except of primary one (I mean I can wear it)
    showing armour of and on does not help