test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New KDF Bug with Costumes *team is investigating*

Comments

• igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    KDF-only, including KDF-aligned Romulans. And who knows, the Marauder-awarded Boff's inability to change outfits in any way is probably related to it, too.
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've experienced this bug since running the SoI FE as well.

It does only appear to effect my KDF toons at the monent, regardless of type of costume worn or acquired.

most irritating.
  • glitchuser172glitchuser172 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a new kink in the bug i think i found. i only had two outfits and due to my KDF having less options then my fed captain. ultimately my outfits where my normal outfit and a off duty one. the off duty one broke. so i thought "oh in the mean time i should just make a new off duty outfit till this mess is fixed." as you would expect this new one broke shortly after making it. preventing me from editing it or renaming it. weirdly i CAN switch to this new off duty outfit despite not being able to edit it. the original offduty outfit i cant even switch to or edit.

seesh...i really hope this bug is fixed soon :/ i enjoyed my lack of major of bugs on the kdf (that i had encountered)
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Not too sure about this one, as I get this error if I try to customize the Phalanx Support Vessel. Could be the culprit though. Anything to say on this one Frost?

This is something else for me to investigate.
    STO QA Team
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't know if this is related, or helpful, but ever since my KDF character was hit with this bug, I've noticed a creeping FPS drop the longer I play, until it is about 7 fps. The fps bargraph doesn't show any real change, and I have not noticed it with my Federation character (who can still change outfits). The FPS drop seems to go away when I bring up my Task Manager in Windows, so that may indicate it is a local problem, but thought I'd post it here in case it was helpful.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    igloodude wrote: »
    KDF-only, including KDF-aligned Romulans. And who knows, the Marauder-awarded Boff's inability to change outfits in any way is probably related to it, too.

It would be cool it the Marauding BOFF will be fixed with this too, even with limited options, it would be better tan the current non customizeable piece of sackcloth.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ive only run this once with 1 character, didn't get the error thankfully. im waiting till i hear about a resolution to this before i chance any other characters
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People have reported this happens on Nimbus also. The main common link here appears to be Cutscene Plague.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Romulan has this bug as well. I think my Vulcan does, too (but I was only halfway paying attention at the time, so I'm not sure). My Orion had one of the least-used outfits on, and I was able to change it to a preferred outfit, but I haven't been able to change it again since then.

I sent a ticket in-game about it. It doesn't show up in "My Tickets" in-game or on the website, and I have yet to receive a reply (the ticket was sent at least 2 days ago).
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have 8 costume slots, all used
    and now I can only access first 3 of them. Rest are still there but they can't be used. Changing costume to them is not working.

The introduction of new bugs is just getting old and annoying.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.

Appreciate you looking into this

The Sphere of Influence FE has made this even worse for some reason after "Witnessing gate activation" and transporting to the new map it like to randomly assign you a new uniform seeming causing an invalid uniform bug to appear at least 25% of the time in my experience after doing 60 runs thru the new FE.

1. Usually not wearing my 1st costume slot on any affected character

2. The kdf-aligned romulan type 2 boots seem to be a common factor on my romulans but apparently not the only one.

3. This also happened while just playing the Boldly They Rode rerun mission where you acquire the EVA suit on my Reman tac officer.

Edit : could it be related to the ManHunt - Rura Penta code that switches your uniform automatically?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Season 8 will be upon us on a short few days, EXPECT MAJOR BUG ISSUES - Trust me.

If history is correct, STO is notorious for post season BUGS. This is probably due to the game's original encoding as well as sloppy coding from the devs. It is quite tiring to see these on going bug issues unaddressed.

This ongoing costume issue started since the introduction of Legacy of Romulus, which also includes the Fleet Emblem BUG that has yet to be addressed since the launch of LoR. That BUG prevents Fleet Leaders from changing the colors of the emblems and constantly has it at a default baby blue. Dark colors are allowed, but any brighter will set it at a default baby blue.

The Costume BUG effects KDF or KDF aligned characters, it has hit several of my toons hard, and its quite annoying.

I am skeptical that things will get better before November 12th, as a matter of fact expect the BUGS to become far worst after Nov 12th.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

In my cases (all KDF) yes. Second or third costume slot was in use and reverted to first costume slot.

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Long Black Winter coats on all KDF affected. Worf's sash from the 25th anniversay on 2 of them. Academy boots and belts on all 3.

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.

I should point out that I only have the 3 slots on my KDF so it makes it easier for me to see my second and third costumes are still showing in tailor but tailor window says I have 2 available costume slots. Selecting a costume from second/third slot to wear does not work BUT I can click on those slots, click CREATE and simply save them with no changes to have my costumes back free of charge. Tailor then shows no available slots but my first 3 are usable costumes again (only the 4th and 5th are "ghosts" and unusable).
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• captain84101captain84101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ad me to list. Can't change outfit at all. Stuck with primary.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    The Sphere of Influence FE has made this even worse for some reason after "Witnessing gate activation" and transporting to the new map it like to randomly assign you a new uniform seeming causing an invalid uniform bug to appear at least 25% of the time in my experience after doing 60 runs thru the new FE.
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    3. This also happened while just playing the Boldly They Rode rerun mission where you acquire the EVA suit on my Reman tac officer.

Edit : could it be related to the ManHunt - Rura Penta code that switches your uniform automatically?
    Ever notice all three of these things have ONE common element, and that's those DAMNABLE CUTSCENES?

I am quite confident from the observed evidence and testimonials that it's not the FE itself...it's those damn cutscenes. Nimbus, Arrival on NR, Boldy, Sphere, it's all because of CUTSCENES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2013
    cut scenes are evil and need a skip button :D

seems odd that it could be that, but with so many unfixed coding gremlins on the loose atm I wouldn't be surprised. starting to really long for a bug squash mini-season at this point. :(

ps : its discouraging to not be able to use stuff we paid for, btw who fed the cute tribbles after midnight I'm hearing rustling in the hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for wall of text.

Hmm........

So far out of the 3 or 4 characters I've completed 'Sphere of Influence' on, only my KDF orion female had a costume slot issue.

Before even doing the new episode, the tailor was showing she had 6 available costume slots. After doing the episode I lost access to the last 4, not able to wear or modify them.

Yesterday I bought some Zen at gamestop and purchased 4 more costume slots. Still it showed she had 6 available unused costume slots, when it should have been 10 available. However, I was able to finally use the last 4 outfits. Edit: This means I actually had 2 available slots but the tailor was showing I had 6. I don't understand why I lost access to the last 4 instead of the last 2.

I checked on a couple other characters, who didn't have any costume slot problems, and counted all used/unused costume slots. They had a grand total of 33 slots, counting the 3 free slots. My bugged orion also has a grand total of 33 costume slots, both before and after purchasing the extra 4 slots yesterday.

I know exactly what happened. It happened to me once before, only on my KDF male klingon shortly after LoR launched.

For some reason the tailor was showing I had more costume slots available then I actually had, and it even allowed me to create those extra costumes. But when creating more costumes than I should be allowed to create, I lose access to the costumes at the end of the list; 1 costume for each extra slot I'm not suppose to have.

Example: Shortly after LoR launched, my male klingon had 3 unused costume slots available. I created 2 new costumes and lost access to the last 2 in the list. It then showed I had 1 available unused slot left. Later I bought 2 more costume slots and it showed I still had only 1 slot available, but I regained access to the final 2 slots.

I'm guessing the same thing happened to my female orion. So for my female orion, the tailor showed a grand total of 33 costume slots, when at the time I actually had a grand total of 29.

I never had any costume slot issues before LoR launched.

Another problem that gets on my nerves and it only happens on my female orion.

When creating a new costume, the new costume is placed in slot #2 instead of the very end of the list. It pushes all other costume slots, except the default slot #1, over 1 space. I have her costume slots in a very specific order and when that happens I have to spend at least an hour saving costumes then copying them back to the slots they're suppose to be in, and finally redoing the final slot for the new costume.

This problem might have been related to the fact that for a while (without me noticing), the tailor showed I had more slots than I actually had. Since I had 4 slots too many, the final 4 were invalid.

Edit: In conclusion, I don't think the episode broke my costume slots, considering the fact it was showing I had 6 slots before doing the episode, 6 slots after doing the episode, and 6 slots after buying 4 more slots in the C-store yesterday. I was able to use those last 4 slots before doing the episode though. Basically in my case, the episode locked me out from using extra costume slots I shouldn't have had to begin with.

Edit: But for some reason since LoR launched (which brought a revamped costume tailor), you idiots broke something, and as usual something screwed up that only happens to the KDF. In this case, the costume tailor showing you have more slots than you actually have. Happened only on my KDF klingon and orion, and it didn't happen on my KDF allied romulan, my fed allied reman, or any of my fed characters. Just the 2 full fledged KDFs.
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have only noticed this bug on my KDF side.

Basically, what it looks like is happening, is that the FE seems to be "deleting" alt costumes. They still appear in your outfit list and in the tailor, but you will have to create new ones. It seems you get the slots back.

The only issue I see is people having these massive lists of repeated costumes...but this is still annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • mondoretardomondoretardo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I finally got this to repro!

This is one wily bug that doesn't have a consistent repro beyond use a KDF character with multiple costumes, run Sphere of Influence while wearing a costume other than the first one and try to change costumes after running the mission and sometimes it will happen. I made three runs with one character and had no costume problems, and another that had the bug show up after just one run of the mission. :confused:

Still, I got the issue to happen and it's now off to software, where they will hopefully be able to figure out what the root cause is and fix it. That will take some time however, so please try to be patient.

Thanks again for the information all of you provided.

Does this mean there's hope for the KDF Costume problems being fixed?

I'm a little out of sorts having my Reman KDF's costumes breaking everytime I do anything.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    I don't know how helpful it will be, but I've run few tests with my toons.

1 - This bug seems to be triggered by cutscenes. Examples are Nimbus III and Sphere of Influence.

2 - This bug seems to hit most often KDF, but Fed toons also can be affected by it. Though it's more probable to hit KDF or KDF-aligned Romulan.

3 - This bug seems to render costume slots unusable, BUT all my bugged toons were given "free" costume slots, working and not bugged. Number of these slots was equal to number of bugged slots.
    Just like it deletes existing costumes, but leaves their unaccessible remains in the game UI.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Had this happen to my KDF-aligned Romulan. She lost two costume slots. One of these had her Bortasqu Uniform in it.

Is there ANY way I can get this back, ever since Cryptic's ill-advised removal of allied access to Bortasqu/Oddysey Uniforms?
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same issue:

After playing the new FE - sphere of influence 4 of my costumes on this character Ch'arr-lei@Jackal1701a are now bugged. I cannot select to wear them by right clicking on the character icon in the top left, nor select them in the tailor, nor select them via the in-game command /setactivecostume 1 X.

He is a kdf toon and was wearing a costume other than costume 1, and it bugged after the witness gate activation cutscene, when he materialised in the unknown location he was wearing a different costume.

I am now stuck wearing a santa outfit, which wouldnt be so bad in a month's time, but is a bit early right now!

Bug report submitted: #2,092,993
    PW Support query raised: #131111-000000

Thanks to crypticfrost for work in trying to solve this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I put this in general discussion because I feel it need to be talked about. I and many others in my fleet have had our outfit slots stop working on any toon that runs the new "Sphere of Influence" mission.

Are they addressing this bug/glitch? I paid good money for my slots and I expect to use them :P So please, if any of you have heard something please fill me in. :(
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not to worry, you aren't the only one. Here's the thread in the Gameplay Bugs section: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841

Edit: Yes, one of the devs, crypticfrost, posted that they are working on it.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not to worry, you aren't the only one. Here's the thread in the Gameplay Bugs section: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841

Edit: Yes, one of the devs, crypticfrost, posted that they are working on it.

Ok that makes me feel a little better at least. Thanks for the post and link :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also have this issue on three of my costume slots.

I see it with uniforms purchased like the sunglasses from summer event. Primarily what we see is when we alter the costume and finalize the change it will not change, I myself have yet to see any EC removed from my toons. When I try to mark the slots that are effected by changing the name I get an "Invalid costume" message. I see this bug pop up twice before. just after summer event and after winter event. I believe the costuming from both are affected some how. although it may also be something else.

Any help you can give us on this I would appreciate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug was present like 6-7 months ago, and it's still around? Why does Cryptic have issues with fixing bugs in their games? Is it lack of programmers? Honestly, I just don't understand why there are still some bugs in this game that have been here for the past 3 years. Other gaming companies are not like this. Enough excuses, fix the bugs.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am now reporting that this bug has affected all three of my costume slots on my KDF Science Captain. I can no longer change to my Honor Guard Uniform, so I have to enable visuals on my armor if I want to see it.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we get an update on when this bug will be fixed? I want to play the new mission, but I don't want to risk messing up my costume slots.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png