What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New KDF Bug with Costumes *team is investigating*

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Someone told me that remaking the uniform does something, but I cannot even edit the uniforms. I tried saving and loading, but the name is now stuck as Lindale_Fluffy, and cannot be changed at all. So I cannot edit and I cannot save and load. What is happening here?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Can we get an update on when this bug will be fixed? I want to play the new mission, but I don't want to risk messing up my costume slots.

Realistically: they cannot predict how long it will take to fix the bug. First they have to replicate it, then find out what causes it, then attempt to fix the code, then test (and if the test results are unsatisfactory, they have to try something else, etc).
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Not being able to edit my uniforms is what is keeping me from buying the Voth Soldier uniform.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    Realistically: they cannot predict how long it will take to fix the bug. First they have to replicate it, then find out what causes it, then attempt to fix the code, then test (and if the test results are unsatisfactory, they have to try something else, etc).

crypticfrost has reproduced the bug. See here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13279241&postcount=80

I was looking for an update along the lines of

(1) The bug has been marked as low priority, and the programmers are working on other issues.

or

(2) A programmer is investigating, but has not identified the root cause yet.

or

(3) A fix has been checked in, but QA hasn't tested it yet.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty sure this is never getting fixed.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Let's look at this from a business perspective. Not being able to so much as modify our uniforms means we will not be buying any additional uniforms from this point on, because we will never be able to use them anyway. No uniforms bought means no monetary income for Cryptic. No monetary income for Cryptic means that every day this bug persists, this bug is literally coming out of Cryptic's bank account. Take the monetary amount of Zen required for even a single uniform (or keys used for Lobi uniforms), multiply that by all the thousands of people hit by this bug, and you find that equals to Cryptic losing countless thousands of Euros PER DAY. Cryptic, if you read this, I hope that sufficiently motivates you to figure out how to fix our uniforms, or at the very least, give us periodic updates of what you are finding about the bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Of course it make sense from a business perspective. This particular bug predates season 8, it just became much more widespread recently.

I'm saying I don't trust their database management to be competent enough to actually fix this.

Hell, ask the KDF players about their marauding BoFF wardrobe options, or rather the inability to save customization since day 1.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Not being able to change that Marauding officer still annoys me. In the end, I just put my Tholian EV suit on him so I would not have to look at him anymore. Thankfully, my away team is already all Ferasan anyway, so I don't really need him....

You know there are many bugs that Cryptic simply does not know how to fix. I am starting to think this may be among them.
  • Options
    leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have filled a bug report on this very same issue with my kdf stuck half outfit I ever wore mixed in with the honour guard outfit it should be. I dare not try make a new uniform in case it totally messes up but have tried both options to switch outfit with zero luck
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.

My two characters were wearing second/3 slot.

One was in mark XII HG, the other in winter coat white.

No error messages, but all three of my KDF (gorn included, who doesn't have anything special in his outfits IIRC) are stuck on first outfit. Selecting the "change costume" from portrait doesn't work, neitehr does loading the tailor and pushing the "wear" button for other costumes.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Let's see if I can remember this from memory.

#1: Winter Coat, Long, Black. Korath trousers. Bortasqu boots. This is the only outfit I can now wear.

#2: (Arctic Gear) Winter Coat, Long, White. Korath trousers. Bortasqu boots.

#3: Tuxedo. The C-Store Formal Wear.

#4: Miner Vest, Korath trousers. Bortasqu boots.

#5. XII Honour Guard, which has not worked since Season 7.

When I ran the mission, I was wearing #4. When I got to the point where I assign everyone their bridge positions, I noticed my uniform was auto changed back to #1. At that point, I was unable to change back.

Since that point, I don't get any error messages. I just click on the Change Uniform, and nothing happens. I go into the Tailor screen, and I get "Uniform uses invalid parts" whenever I try to edit any of the uniforms.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still have 4 costume slots on my Ch'arr-lei KDF toon that I CANNOT wear.
    I paid money for slots/items to wear so am very upset I cannot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have 3 costume slot on my KDF toon and can wear only the first after completing Featured Episode..Please Fix it
  • Options
    rineldrinrineldrin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Both of my KDF characters were wearing an outfit other than their #1 slot when this occurred. My Orion was wearing the #3 slot, which I had set many months ago as a red-and-black version of the basic Klingon uniform available to all players from the beginning. My KDF Romulan was wearing the Robes off-duty uniform in grey and green. Both characters had outfits made using the Formal wear from the C-Store, but obviously they were not being worn at the time the bug occurred. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I got a couple costume slots on my KDF character that are now inaccessable after running Sphere of Influence. My Fed and Romulan characters have no problem accessing all 5 slots. The slots still have costumes, but I can't wear them. I try to switch to an affected slot and... nothing happens.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still broken. Can't use any of my costumes, and no I'm not going to re-create them. I'm on the Klingon side.
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey folks, I'm trying to track this bug down and I've got a few questions.

Was everyone affected wearing a costume other than their main/first slot one at the time you went through Sphere of Influence?

Are all of the affected costumes using parts one has to acquire from micro-transactions, Reputation projects, etc? If so, what costume packages seem to have been affected? It seems Honor Guard is definitely on the list. What else?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

That's enough for now. I may have more later.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I was wearing a secondary costume.

No, the affected costumes include those with special items as well as some with only standard items.

No, there were no error messages.

The only costume slot that I'm able to use is the first, default costume slot. All other costumes are visible and editable at the tailor. But you cannot save the changes and you cannot switch to the costumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a lot of really annoying bug related to the tailor, with my Klingon (alien Klingon).
    -I can't switch to several costumes, either by using the right click on portrait menu or through the tailor
    -I don't have access to "Off duty"/"Honor guard"... drop down menu with the tailor, the menu is not there, no matter the costume slot. I think this is the bug that cause the first problem I mentioned.
    -While I have all the costumes slot I can have, and would need to buy slots to create more costumes, I'm still allowed to create 5 more costumes, for free. I'm not really complaining about that, really, but it's still a bug. I tested, and I can really use those "free" slots.
    -If I use the "Snowblower", while wearing an Honor Guard costume (I was able to do so before switching to a uniform, now I'm stuck with it), the weapon disappear from my hand (visual bug only).

I was affected by the Sphere of Influence costume bug with this character. Could it be related ? It share a lot of similarities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anoid2anoid2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Woot I get to join the bug club lol. Just went to Qs winter wonderland with one of my KDF and wanted to change to the winter outfit I made last year and found I have 4 bugged uniform slots. I don't think I would even be angry if they weren't using slots but as I've now only got 3 open slots this is just sad. What am I to do, remake 3 out of the 4 and buy more uniform slots to have all 4 back? Pleas Cryptic/perfect world fix this. I understand you need to make money but this is not the way to do it.
    If you can't play war nice, don't play war at all
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one affected ?

Anyway, I've made a screenshots to show my problem.

As you can see on this picture (slot 3, but it's the same no matter the costume slot) I don't have the drop down menu for "off duty" "honor guard"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    anoid2 wrote: »
    Woot I get to join the bug club lol. Just went to Qs winter wonderland with one of my KDF and wanted to change to the winter outfit I made last year and found I have 4 bugged uniform slots. I don't think I would even be angry if they weren't using slots but as I've now only got 3 open slots this is just sad. What am I to do, remake 3 out of the 4 and buy more uniform slots to have all 4 back? Pleas Cryptic/perfect world fix this. I understand you need to make money but this is not the way to do it.

Definitely don't buy more costume slots - you'll just lose them too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841

Known issue. Not fixed, unlikely to be.
  • Options
    nukem001nukem001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    taya4svk wrote: »
    Good to hear that, Brandon. Hope it will get fixed asap. :)

I've been with the same issue for a year now and still waiting. 2 dead slots on KDF. When 1 slot went dead I added a new one and was good for a short time before it went dead also. Also missing risa beach outfit on romulan. And issues with purchasing items of holiday vendor, had to go to a fed toon to buy it. Lets stop with the new content and work on bugs and clear some out.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My Fed-rom is affected now. Which mean it's not related to the faction, or it's just spreading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    My Fed-rom is affected now. Which mean it's not related to the faction, or it's just spreading.

Uh-oh! That scares me!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one affected ?

Anyway, I've made a screenshots to show my problem.

As you can see on this picture (slot 3, but it's the same no matter the costume slot) I don't have the drop down menu for "off duty" "honor guard"...

Sometimes the drop down shows up in uniform options and sometimes it doesn't. What happened was with the new tailor UI, they decided it was a good idea to place the drop down in the head options. This caused a lot of confusion and problems and they tried to fix it but it still flakes out at random.

Heck they even gave us a workaround before they "fixed" it back then. They said to make an off duty outfit in a new slot you had to click the create button then the purchase button without making any changes (you won't be charged any EC and this just creates the costume slot). Then after you create the slot, you can go in and choose off duty in the drop down that so happens to be in head options.

As I said before, purchasing new costume slots fixed my problem on my only character that was locked out of slots I actually had. (What happened was it was showing I had more slots unused/available then I actually had and purchasing the extra slots fixed it wrongly showed fixed it for me.)

However, I recently noticed that like my female Orion, my female Romulan allied with KDF has the same problem. The problem is that when creating a new costume slot, instead of the slot showing up at the *end* of the list, it is placed as slot #2 and pushes all other slots over by 1.

My costume slots are done up in a particular order and when this happens, I have to save a costume then copy it over 1 slot, and do this for each and every costume so I can have them in the proper order, and I have to save costume #2 and place it in the last slot it's suppose to be in. This is a problem because it costs me a lot of time and EC when it shouldn't.
  • Options
    cipheriumcipherium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Chalk me up, too. One more KDF Rom affected.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    A full two seasons and no fix. Can you say "grossly incompetent"? I can.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Uh-oh! That scares me!

i think its the best news ever. the only way this will ever be taken seriously is if it starts affecting feds.