Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    supergroverohpcsupergroverohpc Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    traid1 wrote: »
    I am interested in joining your fleet if your still recruiting
    Yup we are always looking for new Members.

http://ufplanets.com/join.php

Hope to see you come aboard.
  • Options
    traid1traid1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Application submitted
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    traid1 wrote: »
    Application submitted
    Welcome to the Fleet, I look forward to seeing you in-game and on the forums. :D
  • Options
    hermanator1918hermanator1918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is always nice seeing new members join! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes it is, we could always use more test subjects...uh I mean members...screams you say? I haven't heard any screams...*pushes door close button to my lab* What? Those screams? Oh no no those are...are uh...sounds of horror movies on CD....yeah that's what that is...nothing more....

My point is is always nice to have new members and we'll treat you all real nice and have fun. :D

*Retreats to his lab.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My Star Trek TNG Season 1 Blu Ray has arrived today. The quality of the picture is amazing. I'm resisting the urge to binge watch it :rolleyes:. So far I completely recommend purchasing it!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Always nice when you have Star Trek goodness turn up in the post! Had my Starfleet Academy PC game turn up today, had to buy another copy as one of my discs got a scratch on it and doesn't work any more.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Very true! I've been receiving quite a few Trek items in the post (the list of 'needs' keeps on expanding). I decided I wanted a few Star Trek Playmates figures for my desk. So I'm now in possession of Data, and Worf is on his way :P

This makes me think we should have a merchandise and collectibles thread so I can expand on my list of future purchases :D.

It's a damn shame about your game, at least your nice shiny replacement has arrived though!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Starfleet Academy, now there's a game I haven't played in a long time. Much like Birth of the Federation and DS9 the Dominion Wars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    Starfleet Academy, now there's a game I haven't played in a long time.

I heard this in Obi-Wan's voice. It was beautiful.

Sort of a paraphrase of:

"Obi-Wan Kenobi... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time".

Yes, I'm a loser. :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol thanks Dentari, you've made me sound much cooler than I actually am :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldswedeoldswede Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello there UFP!

I'm a space nerd.

I have been playing STO for about 2 weeks now and realized that my childhood came back in a flash. :)

I'm having so much fun it reminds me of my early days of EVE.

Watching Star Trek as a kid I don't recall as much as I want to but its there... :)

I have managed to get Vice Admiral in the game and now looking for a friendly yet serious Fleet.

Are the application offices still open?

Best Regards: Niikama@oldswede.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    oldswede wrote: »
    Hello there UFP!

I'm a space nerd.

I have been playing STO for about 2 weeks now and realized that my childhood came back in a flash. :)

Watching Star Trek as a kid I don't recall as much as I want to but its there... :)

I have managed to get Vice Admiral in the game and now looking for a friendly yet serious Fleet.

Hey oldswede!

I also happen to be a space nerd, as are most of the UFP members :P

You're definitely more than welcome at the UFP, just go to www.ufplanets.com and hit the register button and fill in an application. Here is a link to the application section: http://ufplanets.com/forumdisplay.php?41-CL1-Fleet-Applications

It's a straight forward application process :)

Need any questions answering then please feel free to ask away.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey dentarii!

I am delighted to hear that.

So I need to register at ufplanets.com first I gather..?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, you don't need to be a member before registering.

The process is actually pretty interesting. Just:

-Fill in an application form which will get approved quickly

-Get involved.

You also have the choice of sitting administrative and Command exams which, when completed will earn you an initial promotion to Ensign as well as opening up potential 'careers/jobs' if you're looking to get involved in the everyday running of the fleet.

Although if you don't feel like sitting the exams, you're under no obligation to, you can just enjoy getting involved on the forums and ingame :).
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ahh! Yes!

I have been browsing your awesome webpage for an hour or so now.

Ill get right to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ahh! Yes!

I have been browsing your awesome webpage for an hour or so now.

Ill get right to it.

It's beautiful isn't it. It's brand new and made by some of our very own (very talented) members! The old site was brilliant as well, but the new layout oozes class (In my extremely biased opinion).

If you run into any problems during the application process just drop me a message and I'll make sure it gets sorted out. :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    It's beautiful isn't it. It's brand new and made by some of our very own (very talented) members! The old site was brilliant as well, but the new layout oozes class (In my extremely biased opinion).

If you run into any problems during the application process just drop me a message and I'll make sure it gets sorted out. :)
    Application is in. It got abit messy when I tried to apply with my main characters name instead of my accountname..

Didnt know which one to use :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Application is in. It got abit messy when I tried to apply with my main characters name instead of my accountname..

Didnt know which one to use :)

Well regardless of how messy it got, your application has been accepted. Welcome to the UFP, I hope you settle in well. :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -Get involved.

Oh come now, that's not really necessary is it?

I'm pretty sure there's a reason I am still a CHief Petty Officer
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello there UFP!

I'm a space nerd.

You're A Space Nerd!?!, Then you'll fit right in!
    Hello and welcome to the Fleet, looking forward to seeing you around the forums and in-game.
  • Options
    hermanator1918hermanator1918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Over 15 events planned for the upcoming weeks not just for STO but for other forms of trek gaming like Voyager Elite Force, RPGX, Bridgecommander and many more. :cool: come and vist www.ufplanets.com for all your trek desires:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh come now, that's not really necessary is it?

I'm pretty sure there's a reason I am still a CHief Petty Officer

Touche.

Nobody should feel like they have to get involved in jobs etc. Some people just want to get their game on and the UFP definitely doesn't have any big expectations from its members!

It's a personal choice and I guess I just like getting heavily involved, whereas some people may just like to kick back and play! :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyone else looking forward to taking the ground adventure zone by force? It's going to make for some nice screenshots with us all in MACO, OMEGA and Honor Guard armor. :)
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And the caption under the image will be "Guys...how badass do we all look right now?" :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There are a lot of interesting events this week!

I'm particularly looking forward to the Dominion War Saga today :D.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ah Sunday, the perfect day for lazing about watching Star Trek all day! :cool:

Also a good day to get in a bit of STO, I'm considering starting another alt. Choices choices :rolleyes:.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I know how you feel I started working on a Romulan...and now I'm doing a Fed :P

So which Trek did you watch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    So which Trek did you watch?

I watched a few episodes of DS9 today. I love the one where Dax, Bashir and O'Brien get shrunk in a runabout and then spend most of the episode flying about the interior of a Jem'Hadar occupied Defiant.

Did you end up watching any today? :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to taking the ground adventure zone by force? It's going to make for some nice screenshots with us all in MACO, OMEGA and Honor Guard armor. :)
    I've already hit it on tribble and I like it tons better than Defera and Nukara. I'm more interested in seeing this space adventure zone I keep hearing about.

Now, point of order, new ground battle zone everyone gets 2 boffs and they stay with you while in teams so don't ake any pictures unless your boffs are also properly dressed in their TRIBBLE kicking clothes.
    Also a good day to get in a bit of STO, I'm considering starting another alt. Choices choices :rolleyes:.

Romulan Sci in a T'varo stealth bomber.

So good news (everyone!!!) alt grinding should be a bit less painful since they are adding a mechanic to let a character with tier 5 rep do a project that when claimed on an alt causes rep progress to double on that alt. it'll still suck having to grind every rep at the same time rather than as they come out, but it should be a bit less of a pain in the TRIBBLE.

We'll keep you abreast of details as they come out, but for now there's this
    http://s209.photobucket.com/user/ghostbirdofprey/slideshow/STO%20Season%208