What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've got about 300 million saved up on that character now, making good progress!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Finally got a copy of Star Trek: Bridge Commander! I'm really looking forward to joining the Reserves on one of the Dominion War Saga events we've got going. Exciting times!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    Finally got a copy of Star Trek: Bridge Commander! I'm really looking forward to joining the Reserves on one of the Dominion War Saga events we've got going. Exciting times!

Since I got my replacement copy today I'm also looking forward to some Bridge Commander action. If you see me on TS and want a game let me know.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    Since I got my replacement copy today I'm also looking forward to some Bridge Commander action. If you see me on TS and want a game let me know.

What were the chances of us getting our copies on the same day? Sounds like a plan though. We'll have to get a group together soon and have a small skirmish, unless of course there is a Dominion War Saga event coming up. In which case we'll have a rather large skirmish :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can't wait to try out a few new ships this weekend! later this evening (Friday) we have Friday PvP which is certainly going to be fun :) then Saturday we have an exclusive KDF JFE, Battle of the Houses where i'll be sure to test out my Fleet Varanus ;)

For more info check out ufplanets.com/events.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I know a few members have got the fleet Fed battle cruiser, I wonder how many of them will make an appearance for Friday PvP?
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of PvP some guy was cursing me out last night when I beat him in a match, not because I won but because of the name of my ship. Apparently he didn't appreciate losing to the U.S.S. Fluffy Bunny :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I know a few members have got the fleet Fed battle cruiser, I wonder how many of them will make an appearance for Friday PvP?

I'm still on the fence about the Battle Cruiser, I only recently got my FACR so I don't know whether to give it a go. Visually I definitely prefer the pylons to be upward facing though!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    Speaking of PvP some guy was cursing me out last night when I beat him in a match, not because I won but because of the name of my ship. Apparently he didn't appreciate losing to the U.S.S. Fluffy Bunny :P

I think the USS Fluffy Pillow might be more intimidating :P
  • Options
    supergroverohpcsupergroverohpc Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Was pretty funny to see them all lined up like that in Fleet PvP.

Was funner watching them explode on my screen though.......:P
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Squadron 47, UFP's PvP team is on the lookout for new recruits. When joining the fleet, please note on your application if you have interest in joining S47, and you'll be put in touch with the right people :)
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    guitarmanplattwoguitarmanplattwo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    guitarmanplattwoguitarmanplattwo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well the week isn't over yet and already we have 10 hosted events up for next week!

Be sure to check them out HERE.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I've been impressed with the quantity of events recently. There's definitely something for everyone. :)
    I've also really been enjoying how active our forums are. A variety of really interesting topics always seem to be on the go.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Season 8 is almost upon us, if your Fleet up to the Task?

Check out UFPlanets.Com , complete with Forums, Events and More!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Season 8 is almost upon us...

Can't wait for season 8. I'm really looking forward to getting inside a Dyson Sphere!
    Let's face it, the UFP is more than ready! :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm sure season 8 will be awesome, the game usually comes on leaps and bounds with new seasons although I must admit T-Rexs with lasers attached to their heads gives me some pause.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And congrats to Chris for becoming the new head of our Academy. If you listen carefully you can hear all the cadets crying in terror...and with good reason no doubt :P

But seriously congrats Chris!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and THAT"S an announcement I missed.
    What happened to Laz?

On a side note, are they ever going to be looking for more recruit support officers? That always sounds like a way I could actually help out (and do often help out newbies in this and other games already), but we never seem to need anyone for that.
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and THAT"S an announcement I missed.
    What happened to Laz?

On a side note, are they ever going to be looking for more recruit support officers? That always sounds like a way I could actually help out (and do often help out newbies in this and other games already), but we never seem to need anyone for that.

Lazereth transferred to a new position as Secretary of Social Affairs, also i'm sure Chris mentioned they'd be bringing on new people into the Academy soon.

But yes, Congratulations to Chris ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well congradulations to those two then.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the congratulations guys it is much appreciated!

I just want to say that I think the RSO idea is great, how many fleets out there assign an experienced member to you to help you settle in to the community and learn all that you need to know to get the most out of your experience? I would wager very few indeed.

I'm really very keen to get more RSOs on board, we are obviously a large community that has very steady and continual growth so the more people we can get that are willing to help their fellow members in this capacity the better as I don't want anyone to have to take on too much work trying to keep up with our ever growing member base.

Keep a close eye on the OPEN POSITIONS section of the forums as I am hoping to have some positions available in the very near future!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'll be keeping my eye out so I can help out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devignedevigne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, from what I've read, your fleet is a place I might want to call home. How do I sign up please? Thank you. The link at the first page of this thread to the form does not appear to be valid.

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi devigne, I'm glad you think we would be a great home for you, you shoul be able to join us by following this link: http://ufplanets.com/join.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hermanator1918hermanator1918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hope to be welcoming you soon to our community Devigne. In the mean time enjoy some STO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been in a few Fleet Pugs where 3 out of the 5 ships are Fed Battle Cruisers, lots of dps and most eSTFs go by quickly. So much so I'm starting to wonder what a full squad would do in terms of record times.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm doing a full run of DS9 and came to the conclusion that Worf may be my favourite Trek character.

The way he refers to Quark simply as 'the Ferengi' gets me every time. Also you've got to love how he decided a bat'leth was easy-mode so he just switched to using a mek'leth.

Right, I'm doing this. Tell me who your favourite Trek character is and why!

I may have just opened a Pandora's box :P
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    traid1traid1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am interested in joining your fleet if your still recruiting