Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love that episode too!

I watched some DS9 too, although my episode was the one where Sisko, Bashir and Dax are sent back to San Francisco in the early 2400 a few days before a riot happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    I love that episode too!

I watched some DS9 too, although my episode was the one where Sisko, Bashir and Dax are sent back to San Francisco in the early 2400 a few days before a riot happens.

I know which one you mean. God, the old security guard in those episodes irritates me every time :P
    It's a goodun though; it's hilarious when O'brien and Kira end up in the 70's :D.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hehe that was brilliant. I love that O'Brien is the kind of Engineer who's willing to kick something to get it working if all else fails. :D

Another episode I love is either the 2nd or 3rd episode of season 1, when that Bajoran made virus infect everybody and makes them lose the ability to speak properly before killing them. Although my favourite has to be In The Pale Moonight, the episode where Sisko is recording his Log about getting the Romulans into the war by assassinating that Romulan with Garak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Elim Garak; one of the best characters to come out of Trek ever.

He's up there with Shran in my opinion :D.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh yeah, completely agree Garak and Shran are definitely two of the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of Garak, SFDebris put out a review of The Wire over the weekend, so I decided to have a rewatch.

I love the closing conversation.
    "My dear doctor, they were all true"
    "Even the lies?"
    "Especially the lies."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hehe yep that's one I love too. Garak was one of my favourite DS9 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    All this talk of Garak raises a very important question:

When will Cryptic give us Cardassians as a playable race?

I'd love them to do something similar to what they did with the Romulans, but I highly doubt that'll happen. So I'd settle for just a playable race with a zen unlock :P

We can dream I suppose :rolleyes:.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think they said they would focus on other races after they got the Romulans launched. I would imagine Cardassians could be the next since they and at least some of their ships are already in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well cardassians were the second most asked for faction.
    The only snag I see is the fact one of their ships is in a lockbox.
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well cardassians were the second most asked for faction.
    The only snag I see is the fact one of their ships is in a lockbox.

That could be an issue although I suppose they could always introduce some kind of system where you could swap your Galor for another lockbox ship or perhaps make the lockbox version somehow superior to a regular one. Or upgrade it to a Keldon class.

Would be nice to see some more playable races especially when you consider the racial diversity present in the Star Trek universe.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Denying the entire community of a Cardassian faction based on the contents of a lockbox would be a pretty awful decision :P.

I doubt this would be the deciding factor for cryptic. As Chris said, they'd more than likely find some way of appeasing those who own a lockbox galor :).

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that maybe one day they get around to making it a reality.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh I don't think the lockbox will do anything to prevent a Cardassian faction, I just mean it could be a problem in that it would essentially be a fleet version of a faction hip that's open to cross faction.

I would hate to see them make it into a keldon and deny us the keldon class, though now that I think about it, maybe it could be a dominion/true way version given how the jem hadar set works on it.

With what they did with the Romulans though, I imagine it would be easier for them to work a 4th faction in there. I know some people still don't like how Romulans were put in there, but I don't much mind it, they have their own ships and costumes and all, so I think it's pretty close to a full faction even if you aren't running a separate fleet and using your own pvp queues.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh I don't think the lockbox will do anything to prevent a Cardassian faction, I just mean it could be a problem in that it would essentially be a fleet version of a faction hip that's open to cross faction.

I would hate to see them make it into a keldon and deny us the keldon class, though now that I think about it, maybe it could be a dominion/true way version given how the jem hadar set works on it.

With what they did with the Romulans though, I imagine it would be easier for them to work a 4th faction in there. I know some people still don't like how Romulans were put in there, but I don't much mind it, they have their own ships and costumes and all, so I think it's pretty close to a full faction even if you aren't running a separate fleet and using your own pvp queues.

Going back to the point on the Keldon class. They could always have the Keldon in game for Cardassians but an Obsidian Order variant for those that got the lockbox Galor. It was specifically stated that the Obsidian Order Keldon class ships were upgraded and they also had Romulan cloaking devices.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    Going back to the point on the Keldon class. They could always have the Keldon in game for Cardassians but an Obsidian Order variant for those that got the lockbox Galor. It was specifically stated that the Obsidian Order Keldon class ships were upgraded and they also had Romulan cloaking devices.

This settles it then. They should start work right away ;). In the mean time I'll look forward to getting inside a Dyson Sphere!

Also the Elite Force Frag Night event in an hour and a half should be really good. The Dominion War Saga Event was brilliant. We watched the final episode of DS9 and then got on bridge commander for a large battle. I'll definitely attend as many Bridge Commander event as possible.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Two events today!

We've got:

- STF Wednesday. Which is one of our regular weekly STF runs.
    - Intro to Ground STF. Which helps players new to ground STF's successfully run them.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It is incredible how many players don't feel confident when it comes to the STF content so the STF events are great for players that want to build up their confidence and experience in a safe and social atmosphere rather than being screamed at by irate 6 year olds they ended up randomly being stuck with because they don't like the colour of their ship.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    Two events today!

We've got:

- STF Wednesday. Which is one of our regular weekly STF runs.
    - Intro to Ground STF. Which helps players new to ground STF's successfully run them.

The events are great way to get those accolades! Which reminds me I'm still missing 1 more ground mission to complete the set... UFP Fleet Events ENGAGE!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I really want to start a new alt: A Ferengi Sci.

Don't want to commit to buying more character slots though.

It's a hard life eh? :rolleyes:
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It is a shame that the game is so combat focused as I would love to play a Ferengi as a Ferengi. I created a Ferengi alt some time ago and got him a D'Kora but I haven't played him in over a year now sadly.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    It is a shame that the game is so combat focused as I would love to play a Ferengi as a Ferengi. I created a Ferengi alt some time ago and got him a D'Kora but I haven't played him in over a year now sadly.

I know what you mean. I only really want a Ferengi character because I really like the Ferengi as a race. But being one has no real purpose beyond aesthetics.

I guess I could get him to VA as quick as possible and then just focus on profit :P.
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ahh, Friday. Tis a good day.

I'll get home from uni later, order a succulent Chinese meal (;)) and work my way though season 6 of DS9!

What are you all planning on doing today?
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I got physical therapy today, then I have to do Orb Weaver build comparative testing. I want to see how DPS compares between different officers in that universal slot.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OK TRIBBLE comparative testing, the space adventure zone just hit tribble and I have been waiting to try that
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I only really want a Ferengi character because I really like the Ferengi as a race. But being one has no real purpose beyond aesthetics.

I guess I could get him to VA as quick as possible and then just focus on profit :P.
    Don't forget the first rule of Acquisition... "Once you have their money, you never give it back."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO OUR TEAMSPEAK SERVER: 30
    TOTAL MEMBERS THAT HAVE VISITED THE FORUM IN THE LAST 24 HOURS: 124

Looking for an active fleet? Look no further! At UFP, we're always open and we always have room for one more... Sign Up Today
  • Options
    redeviledna999redeviledna999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are YOU looking for a fun, active and friendly fleet? Somewhere to call home? Then don't delay any further.

Come and drop by our forums and see what all the fuss is about, visit :

http://ufplanets.com/

You wont regret it! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Plenty of events available this week. Just some of the options available are:

- STF Sunday. Tonight at 19:00

- STF Wednesday

- Introduction to ground STF's. Also on Wednesday.

- Friday PVP.

Check out more events at: http://ufplanets.com/events.php
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looking forward to this coming weeks events! Themed pvp is soon to make a come back with a whole host of new scenarios :). It's a fantastic community which just continues to grow and improve as time goes by :).
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just a heads up folks, changed my name on the forum from Vox to Xeris...but now I realise if I hadn't said that I could have been stealthy for a while, damn :P

Another fine week in the UFP though, and thanks too the Q double XP I got 2 characters from level 1-50 in 2 days so yay for Q!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]