What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So not long after posting this week's events a few extra ones have been added so the weekly event schedule now looks like this:

BATTLE OF CHINTOKA NIGHT [BC] Monday
    Recreate this famous battle of the Dominion War as the Federation, Klingons and Romulans take on the Dominion and their Cardassian allies.

THE VAULT RETURNS [PVE] Tuesday
    As a member of the House of Kular you will engage the enemy both in shuttles and in ships. This event will also co-incide with the increase bonus hour for The Vault, so you will get extra Reputation Marks.

CROSSFIRE CHALLENGE [PVP] Tuesday
    The first Crossfire themed event. Employ tactics and teamwork to destroy the enemies command ships whilst protecting your own!

STF WEDNESDAY [PVE] Wednesday
    STF Wednesday continues. Take part in hosted runs of the Special Task Force missions.

INTRO TO GROUND STFS [PVE] Wednesday
    Members new to Ground STFs or simply wanting to gain experience are invited to attend. Emphasis will be on tactics and map layouts with no pressure to rush through.

MARKED MIRRORS [PVE] Thursday
    Take on the forces of the Mirror Universe and earn yourself experience, fleet credits and reputation marks.

FRIDAY PVP [PVP] Friday
    Answer the call to glory and compete against fellow fleet members in hosted PvP events.

T1 PVP [PVP] Friday
    Serving as a great introduction to PvP or as something new for more experienced players there will be two tier 1 ship PVP events.

THE WRATH OF KHAN [PVP] Saturday
    Part 6 of the Joint Strike Assault series sees a re-imagining of the battle to stop Khan. Do you have what it takes?

STF Sunday [PVE] Sunday
    Missed STF Wednesday? Take part in hosted runs of the Special Task Force missions.

Star Trek: Meridian [RPG-X] Sunday
    Join us and take part in the voyages of the starship Meridian.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    survivorofremussurvivorofremus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That events Calendar is looking extremely Full! Cant wait to get in on the PvP Events, especially the T1 Event! Going to be Brilliant :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    Star Trek: Meridian [RPG-X] Sunday
    Join us and take part in the voyages of the starship Meridian.

Pssst! where aboard the Aurora! silleh :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    torinthi wrote: »
    Pssst! where aboard the Aurora! silleh :)

Quiet you! :D
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It is getting to be a full time job trying to keep an up to date event schedule on here so if you want to know about the latest events just head HERE.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Greetings arketipicos,

As I mentioned in my previous reply to you, you may want to visit our Open Embassy and introduce your group in a more formal way as this thread is purely for recruitment. Our site will also help to answer any questions you may have about our Community.

Como mencion? en mi respuesta anterior a usted, usted puede visitar nuestra embajada abierta e introducir su grupo de una manera m?s formal de este hilo es puramente para la contrataci?n. Nuestro sitio tambi?n ayudar? a responder a cualquier pregunta que usted pueda tener acerca de nuestra Comunidad.

(Translation for ease in communication.)

Sincerely,
    Torinth

Thank you very much for your recommendations.
    Our website has already established links to your website.
    Regards

Muchas gracias por tus recomendaciones.
    Nuestro sitio ya ha establecido links a vuestra pagina web.
    Saludos
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can say having been a member of this fine fleet and having now returned from some time away it is still a great fleet with kind, helpful members and a fun place to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wesstanwesstan Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you're looking for an active community and fleet that accepts players from around the globe, no matter the age, skill and experience feel free to check out our (top notch brand new) website: http://www.ufplanets.com

Hope to see you aboard soon!

Kind regards,

Wesstan
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...in case I didn't mention it on another thread out here, I -love- the look of your site.... :D

Still new here(but have been following the game since Beta; was invited into it, but couldn't participate), and not sure where I'd fit in, honestly....

I tend to avoid PvP in games unless absolutely necessary, or unless I'm fairly sure I won't get involved in direct combat...I do better in the rear-lines, supporting at range, directing traffic, things like that. :)

So far, I've had just as much fun in-game poking around the quadrant as I have actually doing missions...'it's not the destination, it's the journey', I guess, would be me...I just wanna see what's out there!

At the moment, I'm a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), and running Fed-side with my Quasar-Class ship; as of this post, I'm still unable to reply to tells(grr!), but if you want to talk to me, I'm sure we could think of something, so hope to meet some of you, soon!

O.k., maybe that sounded awkward, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? ;)
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    hermanator1918hermanator1918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This Saturday UFPAC

UFPAC stands for UFP Award Ceremony - where members who have contributed to our community get a reward for their efforts. Certainly something to watch, very entertaining. Lots of Banter between the hosts. Which is usually frowned upon, but is very funny. I think anyone interested in joining the community should go to UFPAC just to see the community at its best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Or head to our YouTube page and watch past UFPAC's and then join join the live one on Saturday :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The UFP saved me from a dead fleet well over a year ago now, since then I've made several good friends and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The fact we also play other Trek games such as Bridge commander, Elite Force and Starfleet Command III is just an awesome bonus :D.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Looks like you guys are certainly having fun! :)

Not a week into the game here, and thinking that, as a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), it would probably benefit me to find a nice Fleet to join...and while I've been following the game since Beta, I still feel like a rank-newbie...and so very small(literally) when I see those big ships flying around.... O_o;

Is it too soon to actually consider joining a fleet? As much as I'd love to help out, I dunno if I'm experienced enough, yet....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's never too early to consider joining a fleet. I had the game about 3 days before I started looking for a fleet and was in one by day 5. Assuming you find a good fleet, they won't mind helping you out, explaining the game to you, giving you tips on ship loadouts, character builds etc.

Most fleets welcome new players and veterans alike so I would say start looking and go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    capemike4 wrote: »
    Looks like you guys are certainly having fun! :)

Not a week into the game here, and thinking that, as a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), it would probably benefit me to find a nice Fleet to join...and while I've been following the game since Beta, I still feel like a rank-newbie...and so very small(literally) when I see those big ships flying around.... O_o;

Is it too soon to actually consider joining a fleet? As much as I'd love to help out, I dunno if I'm experienced enough, yet....

You certainly don't need to join a fleet to be able to enjoy the game however there are a few key benefits of joining a fleet. Putting the social interaction and simple fact that the game is just more fun when you play it with others, Cryptic have made it so that to get the most out of the game you do really need to be in a fleet as it is only by being in a fleet that you have access to the best ships and equipment.

In terms of whether you are too inexperienced to join a fleet everyone has to start somewhere, there is plenty to learn in STO and as with anything it takes time to build up that knowledge, being in a fleet means you will be surrounded by others that have gone through and are going through the exact same learning process as you are so you don't have to worry about gaps in your knowledge as you will fill these in over time.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    capemike4,

MMOs are always more fun with others, and I guarantee you will not find a more fun group elsewhere. I do hope you decide to join us!

As for you, yes you lurker who is reading this post and trying to decide if this is the right fleet; let me just tell you "yes"! We are actively recruiting STO players of all verities. It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or a vet, as a member of one of the most longstanding and respected Star Trek gaming communities out there right now, you will be a valued addition!

See the link in my signature for more information!
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Capemike I can only agree with Chris and Cehus on this one. We are not a fleet just for the "very best", the red squad. We also look for amatuer players who want to have fun, and provide our community with their personalities.etc. I for example am certainly not a "pro player". I joined UFP whilst I was still in the Commander tier. Yet I have progressed with the benefit of others; their advice and expierence has nurtured me to become a better player. Though I still blow up quickly in PvP :D

I think if you joined UFP now, over at www.ufplanets.com, you would not be regretting it.

(P.S. Look how great our new ucas website is... Kudos to the Engineers over that once again)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Have to admit, I -do- love the look of that website...have to keep reminding myself I can't just reach out and touch it.... :D

Anyway, I'm still considering all my options, and I'll stay in touch here, too, if I need to!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Have to admit, I -do- love the look of that website...have to keep reminding myself I can't just reach out and touch it.... :D

Anyway, I'm still considering all my options, and I'll stay in touch here, too, if I need to!

With touchscreen you can :cool:

As for your options it is best not to rush things, you have a decision to make and you need to make sure it is the right decision for you which is completely understandable.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    qc124qc124 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been active in the UFP for several months now and still having a great time! Please be sure to give the fleet a look as it's definitely worth your time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013

You might want to consider registering on our website and speaking to a few more members so you can get a better idea as to whether or not we are the right fleet for you.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    eeeeeeew un-centered signatures!

pasheesh guys! pa-sheesh!

On another note... ST Meridian should be fun this weekend! aswell as UFPAC ofc... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    eeeeeeew un-centered signatures!

LOL that made me chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    UFPAC TOMMOROW!

UFPAC stands for UFP Award Ceremony, its where individuals get awarded for their efforts to help the community. This goes from completing their duties within their role e.g. Event Officer hosting many events. Or from helping specific members out of the goodness of their hearts.

Either way Its not just a heart warming event it is also an event known for its entertainment value - with lots of B*tchy hosts B*tching at each other.

You should not miss it, even if you are not in the fleet.

(P.s. I will never centre my signature. The question is: Should I now uncentre my signature on the main forums?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikester92mikester92 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Indeed very exciting! UFPAC on Saturday and an open meeting today at 22:00!

More can be read here: http://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?37486-UFPAC-September-2013-Official-Announcement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    U.F.P.A.C
    In less than 24 hours!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    UFPAC preshow starting NOW!

http://ufplanets.com/ufpac.php
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that attended was great fun!

Congratulations to everyone that got promotions and medals!

If you didn't get anything this time around don't fret, the next UFPAC is in December just remember to make sure your activity and good deeds get noticed. Try to attend hosted events, be vocal in game or on TeamSpeak, be active on the forums, look at serving within an available position. Everyone has the chance to get rewarded but because of that you need to make sure you are doing what you can to stand out from the crowd, everyone here has that opportunity but only you can take it!

Now the countdown is on to the next UFPAC. Coming this December!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Was a great event Chris, wasn't on TS because it's still giving me grief but I was watching the live stream through the site.

Has been a while since I heard the old Kirk climbing the mountain song that they played :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    Was a great event Chris, wasn't on TS because it's still giving me grief but I was watching the live stream through the site.

Has been a while since I heard the old Kirk climbing the mountain song that they played :P

I love that song but yes as soon as I got asked to host it trigged a contractual clause for that song to be played during one of the breaks and personally I am glad it did because its epic! That said I thought all of the content during the breaks was pretty entertaining, I think the TNG Bloopers made us all feel better about hosting, if that is how many takes it takes professional actors who are used to working with each other and the script writers on a daily basis then for us to get through with as few blips as we did was pretty impressive :cool:
    ChristopherHalsey.png