Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

1158159160161162164»

Comments

• Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Our forums are being updated to day so there will be some downtime. The website, gaming and TeamSpeak servers will be unaffected.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    benhurley1benhurley1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who likes bananas? I like bananas, we have lots and lots of bananas over at ufplanets.com

We also have daily events both STO related and not. But, the fact we have unlimited bananas should act as a magnet for people!
    BenHurley.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    UFP are on the Star Trek Online front page yet again!

If you still haven't read it be sure to check out our exclusive interview with Star Trek Online's Lead Producer Stephen "SalamiInferno" Ricossa HERE
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    shinz0n1 wrote: »
    Friendly hello,

Hey STO land YOU looking for a great fleet? Go no further..

These guys are good to go and one of the best fleets around on STO. They have it all. They have a great web site. They have teamspeak. They even have a jacuzzi hot tub..(kidding) They have it all. A great fleet to be part of. Worth a check if not interested.

click for more information.. :)

UFPlanets.com

Always nice to be appreciated.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    sessions1989sessions1989 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This sounds like a great fleet,

I've joined a fleet but they pretty much do nothing to help new comers to the game such as myself.

I try to keep up on how to get through the game with little to no help, I was wondering if I do join could I get someone to like co-op with me through out the process of the game?

I'd like to get Captain fairly soon, I'm currently a LT, Comm.

Now what attracted me to the thread is the monthly roll call I'd like to be more active then that but I do have 2 jobs and college also...

I'll keep updated on this page and sign up.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi sessions1989, thanks for your interest and sorry to hear about the experience in your current fleet.

There are a number of things we have in place to support new members.

Firstly all new members are assigned a Recruit Support Officer (RSO), these are members with a great deal of experience within our community who act as a sort of buddy for new members to help them settle within UFP and to be a point of contact for help and support.

Secondly we run New Member Welcome Sessions once a month on TeamSpeak (mic not required) where new members are invited to meet some of the senior leaders in the UFP. This also provides another opportunity to ask for help and support.

Thirdly we run regular hosted in-game events. These events are run by experienced members who can discuss effective strategies and provide tips and advice as to how to get the most from your gaming experience.

Lastly on our forums you are free to ask questions to get advice on character and ship builds, tactics etc. Responses are usually quick since we have a large number of members and if you ever don't understand something then you are free to ask.

With all that said we don't currently offer a formal system where a new member pairs up with someone in-game to help them progress. I am sure there would be more than a few members willing to help you in-game if you wanted help.

You mentioned the monthly roll call as being a possible concern. The roll call literally takes seconds to sign but you don't get in any trouble should you miss a roll call even though we do ask that members sign it. If you miss three in a row then your forum access is downgraded as you are deemed inactive, should this happen but you wish to still be a member you can simply re-apply. We do recognise that people have a lot of often conflicting obligations in their lives which is why no action is taken unless you miss three in a row, again though that is not a punishment of any kind it is simply to help us identify who is active and who isn't.

I hope this better explains the support we have in place for new members. If it doesn't or you have any further questions then please feel free to post back.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What do you guys think about Perfect world's new Fleet promotion initiative? I think it's a good idea :)
    BenHurley.png
  • Options
    wesstanwesstan Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think its a good opportunity to make all fleets more public and give a boost to the whole ingame community - especially to the more smaller/specialized/focused fleets which i think is great :)

Speaking of other fleets: UFP has no multi-membership rule. So if anyone wants to be a part of our large community but still wants to remain ifor example in his or her smaller fleet of local real-life friends that is totally okay for us :)
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Our Federation News Service has wrote a great news round-up again. Some exciting things are going on in STO and by klicking this link you will get all the important stuff from just one source.

https://ufplanets.com/content.php?416-STO-News-Roundup-9-August-2014

Enjoy reading!
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    k0pak0pa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    best fleet in sto

bump
  • Options
    kyoto98kyoto98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In a few days time, the membership of the UFP will vote to elect a councillor of Andoria. For more information about the Federation Council election click HERE
  • Options
    dixeedixee Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In been in this fleet a week and found it very active and drama free. I happy I joined this fleet and can not wait to be a full Member
  • Options
    oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Greeting fellow community members! UFP has all sorts of things going on! Between the campaign for the Andorian Federation Council Representative, a reorganization of our forums, and tons of in-game events! Check it all out at https://ufplanets.com/
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    We;ve got some PvP going on today! Friday is always a good day to do some combat training ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Besides all the regular events we are hosting there are always some special days in our calendar. For example today we celebrated the Day Of Honour together with our KDF fleet "House of Kular". Heres a little overview about what has happened:

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?45399-The-Day-of-Honour-16th-of-August
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    britsurfer2014britsurfer2014 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a great fleet to join, everyone are friendly and always helpful. I been in the fleet now for about 4 months, They do STE's PVP, foundary missions, you name it , they do it. Just a great of bunch with lots to do.
    ==Join the United Federation of Planets==
    Britsurfer.png
    ==Read about the UFPlanets Armada==
  • Options
    mertyolmertyol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Many events and fun can be had within UFP.

Join Us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Happy Birthday Jonathan Frakes!

Our Federation News Service (FNS) published an article about the most famous beard in all of Star Trek history which was turning 61 lately!

https://ufplanets.com/content.php?428-Jonathan-Frakes-turns-61
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    drbillmddrbillmd Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hope everybody is having a great day today. Go UFP!!
    Bill.png
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The next two Councillors to join the Federation Council will be decided over this weekend. Should be really interesting to see how the members vote!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dentarii wrote: »
    The next two Councillors to join the Federation Council will be decided over this weekend. Should be really interesting to see how the members vote!

For those of you are wondering: Our community has an own democratically elected membergroup called the "Federation Council". It is representing our memberbase which is spread out over a system of 5 planets (earth, bajor, vulcan, andoria, risa). The poll for the council seats of earth and andoria is now closed and everyone is waiting for the results :)
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The voting for the Council has ended and the results are in!

Head over to our forums to see who has been voted in! ;)

ufplanets.com
    BenHurley.png
  • Options
    zboshik86zboshik86 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hey UFP peeps, hows everyon doing?
  • Options
    francisakirkfrancisakirk Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Greetings and Salutations to the one and only,

UFP

eA
    Francis A. Kirk
    Captain "USS Growler"
    <Click here>Federation Fleet
  • Options
    devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey Everyone,

We now have a new recruiting thread up, please stop by here and say hello!
    Daedalus-STO.png