test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voyager must've been really unpopular...

khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
So many people never heard of the Voth. :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
Post edited by khayuung on

Comments

• zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It was one episode, you know. It's not as if they got an arc or mini-arc or anything, just one episode. While I remember the whole Voth episode, the Quantum Slipstream episode makes more of an impression.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've seen Voyager...though its been a few years, and i dont recall any voth lol...I may have to go find those episodes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i loved Voy more so then other star trek series and loved the distance origins it combine two of my favorite things star trek and dinosaurs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    I've seen Voyager...though its been a few years, and i dont recall any voth lol...I may have to go find those episodes

i can save you the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »

much appreciated :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Voth with dinosaurs IMO are not the highlight of Season 8. That Cryptic is actually creating a Dyson Sphere for us to play in is. I never expected a Dyson Sphere to be developed by Cryptic or if they did introduce one, then it would be some pathetic version like other video games have introduced. I can think of only one other video game that had us fight in a Dyson Sphere and that is Freelancer.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just found the distance theory really stupid. Dinosaurs in space is not something that requires explanation. Dinosaurs in space. Come on. That's all you need to know.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like both the Dyson sphere and the dinosaurs. Although I might be biased as they're two of my favorite things.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it's easy to forget that not everyone who plays this game is a huge fan of Star Trek; they might have seen the odd episode or show, but wouldn't have watched entire series and all the movies. It's hardly uprising that not everyone has heard of all the alien races that have or will show up.

I'd be amazed if everyone knew who the Nausicaan and Lethean were, in addition to the Tellarite and Pakled.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I couldn't stomach any of the crew of Voyager, so I watched only 1.5 episodes, plus a few two minute spots during channel surfing.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    I couldn't stomach any of the crew of Voyager, so I watched only 1.5 episodes, plus a few two minute spots during channel surfing.
    Message In A Bottle is worth a watch. As far as I'm concerned, that's the best Voyager episode to date. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Message In A Bottle is worth a watch. As far as I'm concerned, that's the best Voyager episode to date. :)

ya a holo doctor transferred from the Delta Quadrant to the Alpha Quadrant via a thousand year old Network some how manages to out wit Romulans and save the day but dinosaurs with frickin lasers are so out of the box i cant see it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

Endgame is also a good episode its good to see the Federation getting their own back on the Borg with future tech lol then using them to get home. Also I can't remember the episode name but the one where they try to find the Omega Particle and 7of9 is all excited cos the Borg aspired to it lol. I think it might have been the Omega Directive as the title maybe lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ijimithy wrote: »
    Endgame is also a good episode its good to see the Federation getting their own back on the Borg with future tech lol then using them to get home. Also I can't remember the episode name but the one where they try to find the Omega Particle and 7of9 is all excited cos the Borg aspired to it lol. I think it might have been the Omega Directive as the title maybe lol.

Yeah, I like the idea that if a starship picks up traces of the omega particle it completely locks out ANYONE from their stations until the captain enters a secret PIN :D That couldn't possibly go wrong :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does the episode also answer the question why archeologist haven't found any traces of the Voth and their civilization on earth. Even if their society was destroyed by anything, mega vulcano or a meteor, there must be something.

Or did they go without leaving any traces. Let's go, remove everything. Let them reinvent the wheel. Perhaps they fail and then we win. Now what, we are there, with a lot more than the wheel and we are going to kill them.
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hated that a female was captain. Chakotay or Tuvok would've been better than Janeway. Kept hoping they'd kill her off.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
    edited October 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    Does the episode also answer the question why archeologist haven't found any traces of the Voth and their civilization on earth. Even if their society was destroyed by anything, mega vulcano or a meteor, there must be something.

Or did they go without leaving any traces. Let's go, remove everything. Let them reinvent the wheel. Perhaps they fail and then we win. Now what, we are there, with a lot more than the wheel and we are going to kill them.

out of the box theory the preserves could have save them put them on a new planet i know not trek is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    I hated that a female was captain. Chakotay or Tuvok would've been better than Janeway. Kept hoping they'd kill her off.

ya i said the same about kirk.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Don't even go that way, it's Star Trek...
    And you didn't mention they evolved from Hadrosaurs, which were quite similar to cows. Just imagine cows developing space flight. I mean, from all the dinosaurs species, they took the less likely to evolve...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    ok when i ask this im asking about the show not sto in all of star trek TNG didnt they say there was very little trace iconians even existed and they where like 1000's of year extinct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Don't even go that way, it's Star Trek...
    And you didn't mention they evolved from Hadrosaurs, which were quite similar to cows. Just imagine cows developing space flight. I mean, from all the dinosaurs species, they took the less likely to evolve...

I will renew my demand for a anthropomorphic space faring bovine race in STO while we are at it. And I'm serious with that :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited October 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I will renew my demand for a anthropomorphic space faring bovine race in STO while we are at it. And I'm serious with that :D

ya i demand a playable voth city ship dont mean im going to get it :D but i think are demands will fall on deaf ears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Process behind dinosaurs.
    Chinese: Money moal.
    D. Stahl: Guys, dinosaurs.
    Dev 1: Any reptilian-saurian species?
    Dev 2: Gorns?
    Dev 1: What's that?
    D. Stahl: Let's go with Voth.
    Dev 1-2: What's that?
    D. Stahl: A Voyager episode.
    Dev 1-2: Lol.

Weeks later...

Devs 1-2: Done.
    Corn-Flakes: Gonna do a poll in the forums, 'what you want, moar Borgs or Voyager content'?
    Dev 3: Is not too obvious fake? And didn't PVP won after Romulans in the prevous poll?
    Stahl, CornFlakes and Devs 1-2: Hahaha. Add a 6th doff slot and rainbow boat for rommies.

Weeks later...

Cryptic-chorus: Here you go, playerbase, as you requested, lock-boxes with dinosaurs! Rawr!
    edited October 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=797751 better vote if you dont want more dinos hahahhahahhahahahhaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    65 million years folks... that's why there's no trace of them on earth
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    65 million years folks... that's why there's no trace of them on earth

And what happened to the fossils? There are fossils of T-rex, Velociraptor, you name it, but not of the Voth.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And what happened to the fossils? There are fossils of T-rex, Velociraptor, you name it, but not of the Voth.

Them and whatever evolutionaly links must have existed between the Hadrosaur and Voth.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013

There are probably lots and lots of fossils you can't name [yet] (new ones are being discovered every day) ... there is ONE possible explanation ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Them and whatever evolutionaly links must have existed between the Hadrosaur and Voth.

We can't even find Amelia Earhart.

Hell, it wasn't until recently we've proved the entire line that includes the Raptors had feathers. And there are still some "missing links" in our own lineage.

And I'm sure there are some ancient cities we've yet to discover.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    I hated that a female was captain.

See this proves Bipedal dinosaurs do exist, apparently not all of them left earth, the above one is posting on these forums!