Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LL...hmmmm...Somebody here plays Second Life it seems *grins*

Yup. For 8 looooong years. Pushing 9. :D
  • agc1agc1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so your telling me after all my hard work to get my fleet,build it up get it going and such that if I cant play it brcomes somebody else's....that's how I understand it...and that's a big pile of smeg I made it it should stay mine no matter what if it goes inactive that just might mean that I have something called LIFE that got in the way and should remain mine no matter what...if the fleet don't like THEY can leave
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup. For 8 looooong years. Pushing 9. :D

I played since Second Life Beta. And that was in 2003. IF you wish to talk to me go to my profile here on the forums and add my skype
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    agc1 wrote: »
    so your telling me after all my hard work to get my fleet,build it up get it going and such that if I cant play it brcomes somebody else's....that's how I understand it...and that's a big pile of smeg I made it it should stay mine no matter what if it goes inactive that just might mean that I have something called LIFE that got in the way and should remain mine no matter what...if the fleet don't like THEY can leave

AGREED. But Unfortunately PWI never seems to consider people have an actual LIFE beyond there 4 walls
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know what I would love to see us an IOS/andriod application for Gateway/ARC
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Heh, everytime they mess with the mail I can't decide whether to hold my nose or plug my ears.

Note to self...

Dispatch ASAP to Lordmalak1:

1 (one) - 'SPEEDO Profile Nose Clip/Ear Plug Set '

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    BranFlakes operates under the Revised Rules of Engineering Estimates (circa. 24th century), by Chief Engineer Geordi LaForge.

Not the Original Rules (circa. 23rd century) as delineated by Chief Engineer Montgomery (Scotty) Scott.

haha :D

priceless :D
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally agree. A few months ago I couldn't get on due to RL priorities. an when i came back my fleet ownership was transferred to someone else. That someone else then tried to extortion our members for 40million plat. Contacted Cryptic AND PWI an they refused to do anything about it. The only thing i Could do was leave a mole in it to hijack my fleet back for me when that TRIBBLE went inactive.

I AGREE because i hate it when instances like that happens. I've been playing since BETA an I as well as my friend put our hard work into our fleet. We dont want our fleet to even have the remote 1% chance to fall into someone elses hands. I made my fleet. AND I BETTER BE THE ONE TO OWN IT NO MATTER WHAT.

its your own fault for making someone a leader.
    plus if you made someone a co owner its your own fault!
    AND IT WOULDNT KILL YOU TO LOG IN AND DEMOTE THE CO LEADERS SO THEY CANT TAKE CONTROL! that again is your fault.

so if you lost your fleet with THE CO owners who made it with you, then go get a tissue as its YOUR FAULT N00B!
    edited August 2013
    milestfox wrote: »

I WANT ONE !!!

where can I get it please???

:D
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • kashyarrowkashyarrow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Get used to it.. It started with Fallen Earth not most new games use the same mechanic for (guilds) and many pre existing games are now switching to the same said mechanic.
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I complained a couple months ago about how patches almost always go over estimates. I got a BS answer then and would exppect nothing more now. SWTOR does far fewer patches, and when they do a patch it ALWAYS is finished on time or early... as opposed to STO who finishes patches late and gives lame excuses why... makes me think STO does not care about the players... or our money...
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I played since Second Life Beta. And that was in 2003. IF you wish to talk to me go to my profile here on the forums and add my skype

Sorry hun I don't do Skype.

I suppose I should log in again sometime soon. I think it's been 2 or 3 months. Hopefully hey haven't kicked me of the FS support team again for being absent so long. lol
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon:

Can you tell us if it will still be possible to claim the runabout/fighter? I worked very late last night and couldn't log on; I figured I'd do it this morning after maintenance, but the time is going to go past the end of the giveaway...
  • macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I've always wanted to run a fleet. I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of setting up a fleet. Now I can get a fleet for doing nothing. This is the bestest game ever. :D

wrong quote.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do the devs even bother giving the time estimates when most of the time you run over and post a message saying you're extending the maintenance time?

Just figure out how much time you think it will take in terms of a worst-case scenario and DOUBLE that time. Then give that figure to us.

Sure, people will complain that the maintenance is going to take a long time but then you can post a message like, "We've finished our work ahead of schedule and we're pleased to let you know you can get back into the game early!"

It's much easier for the masses of players to accept good news than to tell them it's only going to take X hours and then tell them it's going to take an hour longer than expected.

Just an idea.

yea mean what scotty always did?

it will take 3 weeks captain but you dont have 3 weeks so ill do it in 3 days.

( your a mirical worker as always scotty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capitandannycapitandanny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was trying to collect the giveaway before 10AM pacific, but sto is doing maintenance until 10:30AM. Am I going to be able to claim after the maintenance is done?:(
  • capitandannycapitandanny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was trying to collect the giveaway before 10AM pacific, but sto is doing maintenance until 10:30AM. Am I going to be able to claim after the maintenance is done?
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xbalanke wrote: »
    So yeah.. the D'Kyr will probably be the giveaway, can 't think of another reason why they 'd suddenly fix issues it has had for ages...

It 's my favorite ship in the game, and i 'm happy to see it fixed, but how would it being the giveaway affect the chance of ever getting a fleet version of it..?
    It would seem to me that the other reason to suddenly fix issues it had for ages would be if a fleet version were coming.

I take the fixes to mean either it'll be a giveaway or there'll be a fleet version within the next six months.

(I kinda don't expect it to be the giveaway though, because I'm not currently expecting a giveaway of any ship stronger than tier 3. But we'll see. Soon!)

(The exception I could see is, I could see them giving away a T5 ship that had a fleet variant, so that a ton of people who never spend zen are coaxed into buying a single fleet module. Which would seem to rule out the D'Kyr. But the decision-makers at Perfect World may not think like I do.)
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dughal wrote: »
    It would seem to me that the other reason to suddenly fix issues it had for ages would be if a fleet version were coming.

I take the fixes to mean either it'll be a giveaway or there'll be a fleet version within the next six months.

(I kinda don't expect it to be the giveaway though, because I'm not currently expecting a giveaway of any ship stronger than tier 3. But we'll see. Soon!)

(The exception I could see is, I could see them giving away a T5 ship that had a fleet variant, so that a ton of people who never spend zen are coaxed into buying a single fleet module. Which would seem to rule out the D'Kyr. But the decision-makers at Perfect World may not think like I do.)

They said on twitter they are giving out a ship higher than T3 a day or two ago.
    edited August 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    its your own fault for making someone a leader.
    plus if you made someone a co owner its your own fault!
    AND IT WOULDNT KILL YOU TO LOG IN AND DEMOTE THE CO LEADERS SO THEY CANT TAKE CONTROL! that again is your fault.

so if you lost your fleet with THE CO owners who made it with you, then go get a tissue as its YOUR FAULT N00B!

ok 1. The only noob here is the TRIBBLE moron such as yourself.
    2. there were no co-leaders
    3. the leader transfer wasn't voluntary. it was because of the inactive TRIBBLE
    and 4. Pay close attention now you may learn something. SOME PEOPLE HAVE AN ACTUAL LIFE OUTSIDE A VIDEO GAME WHO HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO DO TO SUPPORT THERE HOUSEHOLD.
    Did you understand that or does it need to be dumbed down for you?
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was trying to collect the giveaway before 10AM pacific, but sto is doing maintenance until 10:30AM. Am I going to be able to claim after the maintenance is done?:(

the maintenance unless we have unforseen problems should be over now so if u can get on fast u might still be able to get them.scratch this nevermind i just seen the extended the maintenance lol.

edited August 2013
    Sorry hun I don't do Skype.

I suppose I should log in again sometime soon. I think it's been 2 or 3 months. Hopefully hey haven't kicked me of the FS support team again for being absent so long. lol

I used to do skype...

But that was an entirely different era.

;)
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally agree. A few months ago I couldn't get on due to RL priorities. an when i came back my fleet ownership was transferred to someone else. That someone else then tried to extortion our members for 40million plat. Contacted Cryptic AND PWI an they refused to do anything about it. The only thing i Could do was leave a mole in it to hijack my fleet back for me when that TRIBBLE went inactive.

I AGREE because i hate it when instances like that happens. I've been playing since BETA an I as well as my friend put our hard work into our fleet. We dont want our fleet to even have the remote 1% chance to fall into someone elses hands. I made my fleet. AND I BETTER BE THE ONE TO OWN IT NO MATTER WHAT.

This right here makes me feel very sorry for the people in your fleet.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    AGREED. But Unfortunately PWI never seems to consider people have an actual LIFE beyond there 4 walls

If the fleet you created was based on REALISTIC goals and accomplishments rather than a single person's ego-boosting dictatorship, then you have nothing to worry about.

A good fleet will have created contingency plans for such an occurrence, making these changes moot. These changes are for those fleets whose leaders decide they either don't care or simply quit and leave the fleet to die a slow death of neglect.

For those of you worried that you will "Lose Control" of your fleet, it is time to take a close look at your fleet and ask WHY this update makes it possible.

Hint: It might have something to do with leadership style ... or lack thereof.

Disclaimer: NO individuals were targeted, directly or indirectly, by this post.
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can think of another reason they'd fix the problems with the D'kyr.

And that is: There are problems with the D'kyr. Cryptic is supposed to fix problems. It appears Cryptic is working as intended.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok 1. The only noob here is the TRIBBLE moron such as yourself.
    2. there were no co-leaders
    3. the leader transfer wasn't voluntary. it was because of the inactive TRIBBLE
    and 4. Pay close attention now you may learn something. SOME PEOPLE HAVE AN ACTUAL LIFE OUTSIDE A VIDEO GAME WHO HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO DO TO SUPPORT THERE HOUSEHOLD.
    Did you understand that or does it need to be dumbed down for you?

There's that 'outside' Again. It is catching on. Hmm. When was that discovered? That must be back in the olden days, where they had printers that printed in realtime. Awesome stuff.
    /Floozy
  • silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    the maintenance unless we have unforseen problems should be over now so if u can get on fast u might still be able to get them.

no, it does state quite clearly that you have 24 hrs to claim the free gift, as soon as servers are up, it will be day 4 of the giveaway,so no you won't be able to claim the day 3 free gift
  • agc1agc1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so what ur really saying is I should just kick everybody out now and save myself the head ach later? so that the fleet that I have worked so hard on stays mine...because if thats the case I will not be the only one doing that im sure...all I got to ask is why punish the leader when anyone in the fleet can leave on there own and join another one as they wish?all I see happening is mass fleet kicking so leader can keep there fleets....and by doing so you will only get more fleets that go nowhere and do nothing by the droves
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Note to self...

Dispatch ASAP to Lordmalak1:

1 (one) - 'SPEEDO Profile Nose Clip/Ear Plug Set '

NICE !

Now all I need is some safety glasses and a hardhat.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
This discussion has been closed.