test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On second thoughts, the maintenance window is until 4:30pm UTC, which here in the UK (we're currenty on BST, which is GMT+1) would be 5:30pm... so maybe I'm an hour early. #Unsure
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • jc0187jc0187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i do hope that your urge......doesnt go away after logging back in after 1 year....

really really much is different now.

The urge is still here. Just not sure about the free time though.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am I the only one who can read here? People saying "Oh.. there just a few minutes late"... theres another hour to go.
  • jc0187jc0187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    str34kfury wrote: »
    On second thoughts, the maintenance window is until 4:30pm UTC, which here in the UK (we're currenty on BST, which is GMT+1) would be 5:30pm... so maybe I'm an hour early. #Unsure

when I looked at the time zones, in large red letters it says "EVENT PASSED" but idunno
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    str34kfury wrote: »

i did use the link they providede in brans post, starting at 15:00, its here 17:43..

thats already converted to my timezone...so yeah they are 15 minute's late, no big problem.

15:00 + 2,5 houre's makes 17.30....

or cant i calculate anymore??
    edited August 2013
    I'm patching, baby, yeah!
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    edited August 2013
    jc0187 wrote: »
    when I looked at the time zones, in large red letters it says "EVENT PASSED" but idunno
    That means it has started. They never set an end date on the timeanddate.com.
  • silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well the promotion does state that you have 24 hrs to collect the free gift, so being european or any other time doesnt really matter
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i did use the link they providede in brans post, starting at 15:00, its here 17:43..

15:00 + 2,5 houre's makes 17.30....

or cant i calculate anymore??
    we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours.

Started about 1 hour 45 minutes ago - expected end time is approximately 45 minutes from the time of this post.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    welcome back! be aware, a lot has changed.

oow and, thy are 4 minute's over time atm, so youre correct that it isnt correct we cant loginn,

geuss they are cleaning up.

The wonders of time zone conversion. Still 45 minutes to go.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have a closer look at that time page again (the one Branflakes linked)!
    Today my browser located me in the wrong country and showed the
    wrong time.
    Maybe that happened to you, too ?!
  • silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Question:

How does this tie into the give away promotions? Just asking because the Server down time is slap bang in the middle of the EU afternoon and evening.

While i'm not anticipating a problem for myself, I suspect there are some whom it might be an issue for.

well id does clearly state that you have 24 hrs to claim your free gift, so it isnt really a problem whatever timezone you are...
    edited August 2013
    Started about 1 hour 45 minutes ago - expected end time is approximately 45 minutes from the time of this post.

wait, where did this go wrong.....

the link to the time and date thing they give, did say (already converted to my timezone, daylight savingstime also already converted, in that time) starting at 15:00 +2,5 makes 17:30...right?

so or they did give that link the wrong input, or the link's clock is off....or i cant calculate....
  • wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At the time of this posting it is is 8:48 AM Pacific Time. Same time zone as server time.
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    Have a closer look at that time page again (the one Branflakes linked)!
    Today my browser located me in the wrong country and showed the
    wrong time.
    Maybe that happened to you, too ?!

youre correct! according to the link i'm british...well, i'm not.

did give london uk for me, while i'm dutch, well problem solved XD

nothing to see here...move along people....move along
    edited August 2013
    Whoever just deleted their post about Brits and timezones... have some cake on me.
    edited August 2013

Not going to hurt, but your post was made at 07:44 my time, making it approximately 46 minutes :P
  • cncshadecncshade Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont think the fleet leader thing is a good idea in fact I think its just another way to get money from people. I already spend quite alot of money on this game. BUT I have recently run into a connectivity issue. what if I cant connect do to problems? and what if there is more then one fleet leader??? Jesus this is a bad idea. Trying to control peoples fleets especially people who pay is wrong and you need to discontinue the fleet leader idea.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh Jeez, I wonder whats the secret meaning of that line:
    The backend of the mail system has been updated.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds like a conversation by a bunch of "Dead Men Walking"...

Time is never so important as when one doesn't have much of it left.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey boys and girls What time is it ?
    http://www.thetimenow.com/pdt/pacific_daylight_time
    edited August 2013
    cncshade wrote: »
    I dont think the fleet leader thing is a good idea in fact I think its just another way to get money from people. I already spend quite alot of money on this game. BUT I have recently run into a connectivity issue. what if I cant connect do to problems? and what if there is more then one fleet leader??? Jesus this is a bad idea. Trying to control peoples fleets especially people who pay is wrong and you need to discontinue the fleet leader idea.

+1 for me, you may want to add some more "checks" to see if they are inactive.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    never mind - problem solved. :)

*waves at Lord Malak

I brought up the mail thing earlier. Someone alluded that it was probably something to do with integration with ARC. fingers crossed there's a backup first... <sigh>

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cncshade wrote: »

What if I'm in a single player fleet and I don't log in for 181 days?
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revlot wrote: »

What if I'm in a single player fleet and I don't log in for 181 days?

A Fleet with 1 member is no fleet. It has to be deleted after 2 days.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you people actually understand that 180 days is nearly half a year meaning around about 5 months 3 weeks inactive so chill out
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    taitie12 wrote: »
    Do you people actually understand that 180 days is nearly half a year meaning around about 5 months 3 weeks inactive so chill out

Seasons, months, weeks - those concepts only apply to people who go outside.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revlot wrote: »

Seasons, months, weeks - those concepts only apply to people who go outside.

What's this ... 'outside' ... thing, you speak of ????
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ARC ...

Here we come...

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Permission denied... nevermind...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
This discussion has been closed.