test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was trying to collect the giveaway before 10AM pacific, but sto is doing maintenance until 10:30AM. Am I going to be able to claim after the maintenance is done?:(

nope, it states quite clearly you have only 24 hrs to claim the free gift, so when the servers are up, it's day 4 of the giveaway
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no, it does state quite clearly that you have 24 hrs to claim the free gift, as soon as servers are up, it will be day 4 of the giveaway,so no you won't be able to claim the day 3 free gift

Just accept

Whoops worng quote .... Meh just accept
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no, it does state quite clearly that you have 24 hrs to claim the free gift, as soon as servers are up, it will be day 4 of the giveaway,so no you won't be able to claim the day 3 free gift

Well if they were nice, then they would give extra time for the day 3 giveaway equal to the amount of time that the patching took.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Speaking as a 50-year-old married man with two children -

What kind of "life" are you people leading that you can't log in for a few minutes once every five months?? Are you doing fifteen-to-twenty for armed robbery or something?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013

uummm yes u could have u where wrong the maintenance was originally sposed to ended at 9:30am their time BEFORE they extended it when i posted that i never noticed they extended it u have 24hours to claim it that is correct so from my time which is est 1pm yesterday until 12:59:59:59:59:59 i can claim it if the maintenance ended at 9:30am their time 12:30pm my time and i logged on i could still claim it so yes u could have.

• kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

What kind of "life" are you people leading that you can't log in for a few minutes once every five months?? Are you doing fifteen-to-twenty for armed robbery or something?

More like jobs that require you to do certain things you are under contract not to disclose to civilians and company work. I mean if your a married man with children then obviously your old enough to think of that possibility before even asking such a stupid question.

Hell there are PLENTY of jobs that prevent you from being at home. Drink some coffee or something to stimulate your braincells man.
    edited August 2013

Defiantly agree with this

p.s public computer/ free wi fi rock
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ie.

if u are going to stop playing sto or take a long break kick everyone that way u are not at risk of loosing your fleet and the hundreads of dollars u spent on it.

I would think the leader would be responsible enough and have a responsible fellow member with them to entrust with the care of the fleet in such a scenario, rather than kicking their members. But if any fleet kicks their members as result of this change, I extend the hospitality of our long-term stable fleet XTERN1TY for any displaced players. You can stay however long you want and not have to worry about getting kicked as long you don't abuse our kindness.

I for one support the Fleet leader changes, it is a step forward to addressing the issues of leader inactivity, hacking and hostile takeovers. Keep up the good work Devs! :)
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    NICE !

Now all I need is some safety glasses and a hardhat.

So either someone is trying to move into some sort of sensory bubble, or there's a Village People reunion on the horizon.
    edited August 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    uummm yes u could have u where wrong the maintenance was originally sposed to ended at 9:30am their time BEFORE they extended it when i posted that i never noticed they extended it u have 24hours to claim it that is correct so from my time which is est 1pm yesterday until 12:59:59:59:59:59 i can claim it if the maintenance ended at 9:30am their time 12:30pm my time and i logged on i could still claim it so yes u could have.

you can try, but i fear you may be mistaken, but i bet all my dilithium that you can't :P
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    I can think of another reason they'd fix the problems with the D'kyr.

And that is: There are problems with the D'kyr. Cryptic is supposed to fix problems. It appears Cryptic is working as intended.

Hahahahahahaha :D:D

Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Heh, everytime they mess with the mail I can't decide whether to hold my nose or plug my ears.

:D

At least they told us they're messing with the mail this time. Of course, they didn't say how they're messing with it. They're making sure we can't say it was silent - guess that's progress :rolleyes:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Speaking as a 54 year old woman who has raised 2 families... some of us have health issues that can prevent us from logging in for long periods of time. Issues that can prevent us from even using a computer at times.

Humans are subject to accidents and all manner of things that can prevent log ins for long periods.
    edited August 2013
    More like jobs that require you to do certain things you are under contract not to disclose to civilians and company work. I mean if your a married man with children then obviously your old enough to think of that possibility before even asking such a stupid question.
    And you're somehow prevented from using your computer for maybe three minutes when you get home? Or are you being kept on-site for more than five months straight?

It's not a stupid question, it's a stupid answer.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok 1. The only noob here is the TRIBBLE moron such as yourself.
    2. there were no co-leaders
    3. the leader transfer wasn't voluntary. it was because of the inactive TRIBBLE
    and 4. Pay close attention now you may learn something. SOME PEOPLE HAVE AN ACTUAL LIFE OUTSIDE A VIDEO GAME WHO HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO DO TO SUPPORT THERE HOUSEHOLD.
    Did you understand that or does it need to be dumbed down for you?

Its started, I knew it might after I read the patch notes, the problem is PW have not been very clear on how this all works and that fact is there is a minute chance that someone could take over a fleet that is not meant to, if I read it correctly the person being promoted has to be online, so if its automated who will this person be? any old John. Do, that is currently online or what?
    its not very clear.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ahh well spuculations as to which ship it is today?
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macvee wrote: »
    I've always wanted to run a fleet. I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of setting up a fleet. Now I can get a fleet for doing nothing. This is the bestest game ever. :D

wrong quote.

You say that like this change will make it easier to "steel" a fleet from someone else. if anything this would make it more difficult. The inactivity period is now 6 times longer then before and there are checks that previously the new leader wouldn't have had to deal with.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This right here makes me feel very sorry for the people in your fleet.

Ditto on this one...
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I was sorta thinking the same thing. I'm also a father of two and happily married. I go through "phases" where I'm very active with STO and times when I'm inactive, but I've never gone 5+ months without at least logging in to mess with one of my toons.

On that note, maybe it would be nice if a Gateway login counted as "activity" as well. That way if you're insanely busy life prevents you from playing the game for 6 months you can at least login to the Gateway and mess with one of your toons from a smartphone or tablet to avoid losing your position as a fleet leader.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Hah. I lol'd.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Speaking as a 54 year old woman who has raised 2 families... some of us have health issues that can prevent us from logging in for long periods of time. Issues that can prevent us from even using a computer at times.

Humans are subject to accidents and all manner of things that can prevent log ins for long periods.

If your health has gotten to the point where you can't reach or use a computer for 5 months, you really should sort out your priorities and stop worrying about your fleet on a computer game.

C'mon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic: Starting the server.
    Server: Unable to comply.
    Cryptic: You will adapt.
  • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »

I would think the leader would be responsible enough and have a responsible fellow member with them to entrust with the care of the fleet in such a scenario, rather than kicking their members. But if any fleet kicks their members as result of this change, I extend the hospitality of our long-term stable fleet XTERN1TY for any displaced players. You can stay however long you want and not have to worry about getting kicked as long you don't abuse our kindness.

I for one support the Fleet leader changes, it is a step forward to addressing the issues of leader inactivity, hacking and hostile takeovers. Keep up the good work Devs! :)

I have to agree, the system has been proven time and time again in other MMOs as working, and those where even pay to play, in a Free to play MMO there are even less reasons for it not to work, as your subscription cant drop because you cant afford it or something.
    edited August 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    Cryptic: Starting the server.
    Server: Unable to comply.
    Cryptic: You will adapt.

hahaha best one yet
    edited August 2013

If you are unable to log in, even using a public computer at a library, for five months, why are you a Fleet Leader? Why are you taking on a responsibility that you know you may be unable to meet?

Hell, that's one reason why I never want to be one. I've got better things to do with my time than try to herd cats.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And you're somehow prevented from using your computer for maybe three minutes when you get home? Or are you being kept on-site for more than five months straight?

Double lol'd...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agc1 wrote: »
    so your telling me after all my hard work to get my fleet,build it up get it going and such that if I cant play it brcomes somebody else's...

Not at all. You could always kick everyone else, then this scenario cannot happen to you.

If the other people are contributing, then it wasn't all your work. If the other people are not contributing, then why do you want them?

(Blizzard does essentially the same thing with WoW guilds now. My solution was to kick every other account before my own account went inactive, to ensure it's there waiting for me if I ever reactivate.)
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I already gave you a hint moron. So stop being a fail troll before you actually let other people see how much of an idiot you are. In fact I'm starting to wonder myself how you could even support a family if you cant even think of every possible scenario. Do you work? Probably work a low wage job. So Its somewhat understandable how you couldn't comprehend the possibility of a hard working man to be prevented from access to a computer for 'personal' use. But hey. Some people just have more rules in there contracts then even you can shake a stick at I guess.

There was no stupid answer save for your own. Now act your age and use the brain you were born with.
  • wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    If your health has gotten to the point where you can't reach or use a computer for 5 months, you really should sort out your priorities and stop worrying about your fleet on a computer game.

C'mon.

I'm not in a fleet for one. For another I was bed ridden for several months a couple of years ago and was unable to log into SL which got me kicked off a viewer support team. I had to go through the probation period all over again to get back on the team.

Nothing wrong with my priorities.
    edited August 2013
    Now now players leave the slugging matches for PvP in your cruisers
This discussion has been closed.