test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you can try, but i fear you may be mistaken, but i bet all my dilithium that you can't :P

well who knows i'm just going on it's 24 hours from 10am their time til 10am today which is 9 minutes from now if they have not extended it then u could still have but eh hey bran so whose right me or silkaverage and i want cookies!!!

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More like jobs that require you to do certain things you are under contract not to disclose to civilians and company work. I mean if your a married man with children then obviously your old enough to think of that possibility before even asking such a stupid question.

Hell there are PLENTY of jobs that prevent you from being at home. Drink some coffee or something to stimulate your braincells man.

Think this guy's ship name is the U.S.S. I Need Valium... :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    Well if they were nice, then they would give extra time for the day 3 giveaway equal to the amount of time that the patching took.

Don't judge a gift by the patch. ;)
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My original post:
    azerdraco wrote: »
    If the fleet you created was based on REALISTIC goals and accomplishments rather than a single person's ego-boosting dictatorship, then you have nothing to worry about.

A good fleet will have created contingency plans for such an occurrence, making these changes moot. These changes are for those fleets whose leaders decide they either don't care or simply quit and leave the fleet to die a slow death of neglect.

For those of you worried that you will "Lose Control" of your fleet, it is time to take a close look at your fleet and ask WHY this update makes it possible.

Hint: It might have something to do with leadership style ... or lack thereof.

Disclaimer: NO individuals were targeted, directly or indirectly, by this post.

And recent discussions
    ok 1. The only noob here is the TRIBBLE moron such as yourself.
    2. there were no co-leaders
    3. the leader transfer wasn't voluntary. it was because of the inactive TRIBBLE
    and 4. Pay close attention now you may learn something. SOME PEOPLE HAVE AN ACTUAL LIFE OUTSIDE A VIDEO GAME WHO HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO DO TO SUPPORT THERE HOUSEHOLD.
    Did you understand that or does it need to be dumbed down for you?

This perfectly illustrates my point. A good fleet will NOT get these problems due to the fact that the upper ranks are "On the same page". I don't know the specifics of the situation and frankly I don't give a danm either. The sad fact is:

1) YOU appointed these people (or you went for the dictatorship role and it was a TRIBBLE shoot for the replacement leader).

2) YOU went inactive with NO contingency plan. TRIBBLE and moan about "having a life outside the game" all you want, but if you can't conceive that LIFE will interrupt your GAME, then you need to seriously examine your priorities.

I will say that you have my sympathies for losing your fleet. Hopefully the ones that "Usurped your throne" will either run the fleet well, reinstate your rank, or simply leave themselves open for another "coup".
    jonsills wrote: »
    Speaking as a 50-year-old married man with two children -

What kind of "life" are you people leading that you can't log in for a few minutes once every five months?? Are you doing fifteen-to-twenty for armed robbery or something?

I agree with you, jonsills. If nothing else, appoint your successor for the eventuality that you MIGHT need them to fill in for you.
  • silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    well who knows i'm just going on it's 24 hours from 10am their time til 10am today which is 9 minutes from now if they have not extended it then u could still have but eh hey bran so whose right me or silkaverage and i want cookies!!!

when the servers come back online it will be over 24 hrs,so i do hope you can claim it, i'm just being a realist and saying that you may not beable to
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Kit, the only scenario I can think of where you can't log in for more than five months is if you're at a forward base in Afghanistan, and just arrived.

In which case, again, why did you agree to be Fleet Leader? If you know circumstances may arise that keep you out of the game for almost half a damned year, why did you take the in-game position?

Somebody's being obtuse here, and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Oh, and don't try to impress me with unnamed security issues either. I spent four years with TS-ESI, SIOP Cat 4, and NATO Cosmic Top Secret ATOMAL hung around my neck - and it never interfered with gaming.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I already gave you a hint moron. So stop being a fail troll before you actually let other people see how much of an idiot you are. In fact I'm starting to wonder myself how you could even support a family if you cant even think of every possible scenario. Do you work? Probably work a low wage job. So Its somewhat understandable how you couldn't comprehend the possibility of a hard working man to be prevented from access to a computer for 'personal' use. But hey. Some people just have more rules in there contracts then even you can shake a stick at I guess.

There was no stupid answer save for your own. Now act your age and use the brain you were born with.

If I may interject - Please do tell me sir, but has the altitude from sitting on that high horse started to affect you? Because like the old proberb says: Arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics...

Just saying.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Heh, everytime they mess with the mail I can't decide whether to hold my nose or plug my ears.

Exactly! Whilst all the Fleet folk are likely wiggin' out over all the Fleet Leadership restrictions, my hackles rose upon reading two things in the latest patch notes. First being something about 'mail being fixed at the backend' or somesuch. Second being something about in-game emails failing to deliver when sent to persons who are not currently patched, prompting a 'mail is full' notice or somesuch.

I just returned to STO this past Monday, on account of this week's freebie promo (yes, I can't resist free stuff!). I had stayed away since late May, on account of festering disappointment over the stealth nerf limits imposed upon the in-game mail system.

Thankfully, upon returning this past Monday, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it looks like all my stuff is still in my mail box. Though I not so pleasantly discovered that I can only post 14 items on the Exchange currently.:confused:

Despite that, I'm looking forward to regularly returning to STO, that is, if the mail systems doesn't get borked again.

Can someone official please clarify what all the mail related stuff in the latest patch notes is all about?
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

edited August 2013
    Kit, the only scenario I can think of where you can't log in for more than five months is if you're at a forward base in Afghanistan, and just arrived.

In which case, again, why did you agree to be Fleet Leader? If you know circumstances may arise that keep you out of the game for almost half a damned year, why did you take the in-game position?

Oh, and don't try to impress me with unnamed security issues either. I spent four years with TS-ESI, SIOP Cat 4, and NATO Cosmic Top Secret ATOMAL hung around my neck - and it never interfered with gaming.

hahaha epic response...BUURRRRNNNNN
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They said on twitter they are giving out a ship higher than T3 a day or two ago.

Got a link? I'm looking over their twitter feed right now, and I can't see anything like that, going back four days.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I already gave you a hint moron. So stop being a fail troll before you actually let other people see how much of an idiot you are. In fact I'm starting to wonder myself how you could even support a family if you cant even think of every possible scenario. Do you work? Probably work a low wage job. So Its somewhat understandable how you couldn't comprehend the possibility of a hard working man to be prevented from access to a computer for 'personal' use. But hey. Some people just have more rules in there contracts then even you can shake a stick at I guess.

There was no stupid answer save for your own. Now act your age and use the brain you were born with.

he mad bro
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Your dishonest bull**** amuses me. A lil hint though 'top secret means you cant even mention it' I love how people like you try to pretend to claim you were in the forces. It really is pathetic though.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ah well, gave me time to knock up a sig :
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonoframon wrote: »
    If I may interject - Please do tell me sir, but has the altitude from sitting on that high horse started to affect you? Because like the old proberb says: Arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics...

Just saying.

Further more just to break it down a little bit further Two words:

WEB WARRIOR

Subtle as a brick to the face ain't I
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are we officially having a nerd-off now?
    edited August 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    ah well, gave me time to knock up a sig :

is it the one you currently have displayed?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All this talk about fleets makes me wonder, what kind of strange fleets do you people run or are part of ? Where supposedly everyone hates each other and just waits to "steal" the fleet ?

If one of our leaders were unavailable for such a long time, he would simply ask someone else to fill in. We tend to like each other and we talk to each other....

:confused:
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know witch is worse. The kids that play loudly with there toys or the kids that cry loudly when someone else takes there toys.

So much negativity its unbelievable.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lemme join my voice to the crowd of angry nerds: ITS ALREADY 1800 and STO aint up yet...

:)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...Somebody's being obtuse here, and I'm pretty sure it's not me...
    /signed +1

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited August 2013
    lemme join my voice to the crowd of angry nerds: ITS ALREADY 1800 and STO aint up yet...

:)

its 18 30 gmt it will be up
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agc1 wrote: »
    all I see happening is mass fleet kicking so leader can keep there fleets....and by doing so you will only get more fleets that go nowhere and do nothing by the droves
    From the point of view of developers interested in promoting the community aspects of the game, a fleet that is under the iron grip of one person is already going nowhere and doing nothing (and is at risk of becoming even worse).

They're trying to make absolutely sure that the fleets do not go inactive, regardless of whether a subset of the players in the fleet go inactive. If fleets are primarily intended as community-building tools, this makes sense.

If they're being used for another purpose (eg. extra bank slots, individual ego fortification), do not be surprised if they become less suitable for that purpose over time.
    edited August 2013
    its 18 30 gmt it will be up

One can only hope
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your dishonest bull**** amuses me. A lil hint though 'top secret means you cant even mention it' I love how people like you try to pretend to claim you were in the forces. It really is pathetic though.

as far as i know, top secret means you cant talk about what the top secret information is, saying you got ( got is past, as far as we know, the TS information he has, isnt TS anymore, or the job is already caried out) a clearence to read it, doesnt break a rule?

and yeah, i'm not in the army, i prefer that other people get shot then that i get shot.
    but i do understand meaning of words.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Star trek OFFLINE. Nuff-said.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dughal wrote: »
    Got a link? I'm looking over their twitter feed right now, and I can't see anything like that, going back four days.
    https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/367073553494974465

There you go :)
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Fail Troll is Failing.... Epic Fail inbound.

Kitsunetears, just admit two little facts and call it a day:

1) YOU went inactive due to a lack of planning on your part. If there was the slightest HINT that you would be inactive WITHOUT ACCESS TO EVEN LOG IN .... yeah, you failed to plan.

2) Whining and moaning about the unfairness of the system does not work when the system is based on protecting the Fleet from inactivity, NOT protecting your "rights of ownership".
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is it the one you currently have displayed?

If its the LCARS not responding... yes :)
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry, my responses are limited.
    You must ask the right questions.
This discussion has been closed.