test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Poor KHG costumes still not getting fixed much less not even being recognized as a known problem anymore just swept under the rug.
  • vusixvusix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but how does fixing an existing bug with the D'kyr confirm it as either the Thursday or Friday ship?

It is however a clue that it is the fed ship that will be handed out.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "The backend of the mail system has been updated."

OMG - NOOOOO!!!!

What kind of "update" now?! Is there a new nerf, a different way to lose our mail again? So scared right now. :(

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 15th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Hey bran I noticed there's notes about the TNG split pants being fixed but what about the mission Boots Soft option for males? Was this fixed too and just not put in the notes or will this be addressed soon? Thanks :)
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ohhnoes. the excrutiating pain of waiting just started.
    On top of that, the new W40K Space Hulk isn't released for another 3 hours.
    To bad they didn't release that one 3 hours earlier, y'know what I'm saying...
    Oh wells, gotta reduce the waiting period with some bbq chicken soaked in a homemade superspicy marinade. -and a joust of X-com...

Crossing my fingers, Bran, that STO is back up and running ASAP, brilliantly patched up, with live and kicking hampsters. Throw in a drinkingbottle with some Red Bull or something. They deserve it. They've been working hard lately. We want them continuing doing that.

:D

Damn sir that spicay BBQ sounds mighty fine. But I'll be on DC Universe Online without tasty treats :(
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet Leader Adjustments:

If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
    If a Single Leader is inactive, a new Leader is automatically promoted:
    The Member being promoted must be online to become new Leader.
    The new Leader gets a pop up telling them they just became the new Leader.
    The new Leader is not Provisional - they are full Leaders with full Kick/Rescue privileges. They can initiate a Kick if they wish following Ruleset 2 below.
    Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can initiate a "Kick" on another active Leader.
    A 'Kick' lasts 2 weeks.
    If you are flagged as "Kicked", you cannot use any Fleet Powers.
    Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can remove a Kick. We call this a "Rescue".
    Only one Kick can be in progress at a time.
    No members can be promoted during a Kick.

Provisional Leaders:
    New Leaders are considered Provisional for 2 weeks after they are promoted to Leader.
    Provisional Leaders have all Leader Powers except Kick or Rescue.
    Provisional Leaders can be kicked instantly by any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader.
    The Fleet Creator is not considered Provisional when the Fleet is first formed. He or she is a full Leader with full Kick/Rescue privileges.
    linyive wrote: »
    Even though I am not a fleet owner, I was wondering if someone could flesh out the above? If I am translating the above correctly, the new leader moves from being provisional to full leader. Confusion comes from the last highlighted statement. Does that mean there is a two weeks grace period, which the new fleet leader will have to wait through? Or, is that for everyone who is promoted to a minor leadership position?

Second, when someone else becomes fleet leader, do they replace the original fleet owner? Thus, the new fleet leader becomes the new fleet owner?
    Finally, what are fleet powers? Do you mean fleet privileges?

Here is a simplified explanation of the new fleet leadership update:

If you are the only rank 7 in a fleet and don't log in, after 180 days the system will select a member that is online in the next closest rank to replace the inactive Creator/Owner/Leader. Does not matter what rank they are, as long they're online they can become leader. This prevents inactive fleets.

The selected member will replace and have the same powers as the prior leader and will be able to kick the prior leader if they choose. But they can only kick one leader during a 2-week period and no members can be promoted in the fleet during that time, even by the New leader themselves. The leader that has been kicked will be unable to use any fleet access, in other words they will be like if they were not in a fleet. If there is another leader already in Rank 7, they are able to rescue the Old leader from the Kick during that 2 week time period and demote/kick the new leader. This prevents the new leader from abusing the system if the old leaders are still active and minimizes the damage if a leader's account gets TRIBBLE, provided there is more than one original leader and they are trustworthy.

If you are a leader and promote a member to rank 7, the member you promote is considered Provisional for 2 weeks, meaning they won't be able to kick or rescue another leader. This prevents a newly made leader from taking advantage of their position.

Fleet powers means the abilities you get when joining a fleet, like access to fleet bank, holdings, fleet leader priviledges, all the abilities to, of and for the fleet.

Hope this clears it up. :)
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hope to see you later in Ker'rat, although i've just heard that I have to depart a bit sooner then expected. Have fun doing maintenance though :D (and give the team a thank you for doing all the hard work).
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

When will this happen?

"Priority One: You hinted a little bit that there might be some help for small fleets and Azurianstar submitted a question. Can you give us any details on how that's going to be a little different for small fleets on starbase projects?
    DStahl: Yeah, we're crunching the numbers right now to figure out how much we can reduce costs on projects across the board. So, that's really what we're going to try to do. We're just going to flat out make it easier. <laughs> And so we...
    Priority One: I'm sorry, can you make that answer a little more complicated for me? That wasn't complicated enough. We're going to need some more hedging. You're just going to drop prices?
    DStahl: We're just going to drop prices. At least that's what I want to do. I've asked the systems team to do it and really I'm just waiting for their proposal to come back and say okay here's what we're going to do. Once we have the final details we're going to put that out there but really what we're trying to do is we're trying to look at all the work that people have done for small fleets and just say, y'know what, we're just going to make it easier."
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does Cryptic honestly expect us to play the game without
    the birds following us? For me this is the biggest gamebreaker since since ....:mad::D
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    Does Cryptic honestly expect us to play the game without
    the birds following us? For me this is the biggest gamebreaker since since ....:mad::D

Summoning the bird pets indoors is a silly idea anyway. Stupid pigeons flying around ESD totally breaks what little feeling of being related to Star Trek that place had.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Honor Guard costume no longer has a gap in the abdomen for Orion Females.
    The problem is not limited to Orion females. I know at least one of my other 2 toons has the same problem, but I cant get on and check right now. One of them is a Romulan (KDF allied) Alien, the other is a Joined Trill. Will update this post after patch completes.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Summoning the bird pets indoors is a silly idea anyway. Stupid pigeons flying around ESD totally breaks what little feeling of being related to Star Trek that place had.

<Devil's Advocate>

What about lots of random spiders, horta's and other pets, i don't remember seeing these following people round in star trek.

</Devil's Advocate>

Just saying the bird following us around inside is no different than any other pet as far as the 'Star Trek feeling'.

I am kinda disappointed by the bird being discriminated against, it's the only pet I've ever used more than once and not just dumped into my bank to gather dust.

But eh, C'est la vie!

edit: See i'm not the only that thinks so
    doalxk wrote: »
    Because the snowmen, various animals, balloons, dance parties, tribble guns and fireworks launchers everywhere are just so canon that the addition of birds breaks it completely. :rolleyes:
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "The backend of the mail system has been updated."

OMG - NOOOOO!!!!

What kind of "update" now?! Is there a new nerf, a different way to lose our mail again? So scared right now. :(

No nerf. 10:1 this is a mail backend patch in preparation for integration with Arc.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Because the snowmen, various animals, balloons, dance parties, tribble guns and fireworks launchers everywhere are just so canon that the addition of birds breaks it completely. :rolleyes:
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem is not limited to Orion females. I know at least one of my other 2 toons has the same problem, but I cant get on and check right now. One of them is a Romulan (KDF allied) Alien, the other is a Joined Trill. Will update this post after patch completes.

You can keep your stupid pets if I'm allowed to shoot them anywhere, on any map.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited August 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    You can keep your stupid pets if I'm allowed to shoot them anywhere, on any map.

Pets don't dance, so sad.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Here is a simplified explanation of the new fleet leadership update:

If you are the only rank 7 in a fleet and don't log in, after 180 days the system will select a member that is online in the next closest rank to replace the inactive Creator/Owner/Leader. Does not matter what rank they are, as long they're online they can become leader. This prevents inactive fleets.

The selected member will replace and have the same powers as the prior leader and will be able to kick the prior leader if they choose. But they can only kick one leader during a 2-week period and no members can be promoted in the fleet during that time, even by the New leader themselves. The leader that has been kicked will be unable to use any fleet access, in other words they will be like if they were not in a fleet. If there is another leader already in Rank 7, they are able to rescue the Old leader from the Kick during that 2 week time period and demote/kick the new leader. This prevents the new leader from abusing the system if the old leaders are still active and minimizes the damage if a leader's account gets TRIBBLE, provided there is more than one original leader and they are trustworthy.

If you are a leader and promote a member to rank 7, the member you promote is considered Provisional for 2 weeks, meaning they won't be able to kick or rescue another leader. This prevents a newly made leader from taking advantage of their position.

Fleet powers means the abilities you get when joining a fleet, like access to fleet bank, holdings, fleet leader priviledges, all the abilities to, of and for the fleet.

Hope this clears it up. :)

ie.

if u are going to stop playing sto or take a long break kick everyone that way u are not at risk of loosing your fleet and the hundreads of dollars u spent on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    What does this have to do with female costume bugs?
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is the bloody Star Trek Game servers 'ENTIRELY' Online yet? I would Like to get back to the insistent Grind Fest it has been turned into over the past few years to try an better support my fleet.
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bran,
    do the "Assorted stability and performance updates" include a fix for the "110" Ban accounts?
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What happens if a leader demotes another leader and takes control?

What does the demoted leader do? Moan and moan and cry that he's lost all his work on the fleet since someone he trusted backstabbed him after a few weeks.
  • jc0187jc0187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, havnt played in over a year and want to get back on. I downloaded all the updates, and now...cant play. Oh well. I guess one more hour?
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    No nerf. 10:1 this is a mail backend patch in preparation for integration with Arc.

The last backend patch resulted in my losing all my mail for about 6 weeks (items were returned, but mail messages couldn't be recovered). Here's hoping there's a backup this time.

Integration with Arc - you are probably right. (Won't go into my feelings on that) :rolleyes:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited August 2013
    What happens if a leader demotes another leader and takes control?

What does the demoted leader do? Moan and moan and cry that he's lost all his work on the fleet since someone he trusted backstabbed him after a few weeks.

Never promote to equal rank anybody who is not within driving distance to their house.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jc0187 wrote: »
    Yup, havnt played in over a year and want to get back on. I downloaded all the updates, and now...cant play. Oh well. I guess one more hour?

welcome back! be aware, a lot has changed.

oow and, thy are 4 minute's over time atm, so youre correct that it isnt correct we cant loginn,

geuss they are cleaning up.
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well the maintenance is always a tad "estimated", but it seems fairly normal to me. It's just a shame that the one day I'm actually at home to play during the maintenance window is the one day that it overruns a little bit!
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    edited August 2013
    str34kfury wrote: »
    Well the maintenance is always a tad "estimated", but it seems fairly normal to me. It's just a shame that the one day I'm actually at home to pla during the maintenance window is the one day that it overruns a little bit!

i catch you there, i have a month off, so i was...sleeping out... and did set an alarm...alarm goes off, no sto, and that with my just-out-of-bed-mood.... XD

well, got the time to grab me some new smokes XD
  • jc0187jc0187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    str34kfury wrote: »
    Well the maintenance is always a tad "estimated", but it seems fairly normal to me. It's just a shame that the one day I'm actually at home to pla during the maintenance window is the one day that it overruns a little bit!

Yup. I hear ya. I got the urge to play after a long break and...cant play. My time is running short. Its a shame the one window of opportunity to play corresponds with the same window for server downtime.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What does this have to do with female costume bugs?

Nothing! But that's worth to come back every thursday ;)
    edited August 2013
    jc0187 wrote: »
    Yup. I hear ya. I got the urge to play after a long break and...cant play. My time is running short. Its a shame the one window of opportunity to play corresponds with the same window for server downtime.

i do hope that your urge......doesnt go away after logging back in after 1 year....

really really much is different now.
This discussion has been closed.