test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 15th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (8/15 @ 9:07am): We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now).
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkyrconfirmedforfridaygiveaway

Also, atleast you guys fixed some uniform bugs. That's a plus.

And I'm very sad you got rid of the unlimited omega torpedo. Sad.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh god.. Major Fleet Leader changes coming...

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn for your liiiiiiiiife!!!!

The Forum will never be the same again after the players have submitted their ... ahmm let's call it "Feedback"
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fixes for the D'kyr?!?

POSSIBLE FLEET VERSION???? PLEASE??
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkyrconfirmedforfridaygiveaway

Boom! Called it!
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    Fixes for the D'kyr?!?

POSSIBLE FLEET VERSION???? PLEASE??

Doubtful, just tomorrow's give-away :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure the fleet update is a good idea, I see this being a major major problem and a real big headache for you guys
    JtaDmwW.png
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Only one Kick can be in progress at a time."
    "No members can be promoted during a Kick."

these 2 will become a problem possibly...
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet Leader Adjustments:
    • If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
    • If a Single Leader is inactive, a new Leader is automatically promoted:
    • The Member being promoted must be online to become new Leader.
    • The new Leader gets a pop up telling them they just became the new Leader.
    • The new Leader is not Provisional - they are full Leaders with full Kick/Rescue privileges. They can initiate a Kick if they wish following Ruleset 2 below.
    • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can initiate a "Kick" on another active Leader.
    • A 'Kick' lasts 2 weeks.
    • If you are flagged as "Kicked", you cannot use any Fleet Powers.
    • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can remove a Kick. We call this a "Rescue".
    • Only one Kick can be in progress at a time.
    • No members can be promoted during a Kick.

Provisional Leaders:
    • New Leaders are considered Provisional for 2 weeks after they are promoted to Leader.
    • Provisional Leaders have all Leader Powers except Kick or Rescue.
    • Provisional Leaders can be kicked instantly by any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader.
    • The Fleet Creator is not considered Provisional when the Fleet is first formed. He or she is a full Leader with full Kick/Rescue privileges.
    Even though I am not a fleet owner, I was wondering if someone could flesh out the above? If I am translating the above correctly, the new leader moves from being provisional to full leader. Confusion comes from the last highlighted statement. Does that mean there is a two weeks grace period, which the new fleet leader will have to wait through? Or, is that for everyone who is promoted to a minor leadership position?

Second, when someone else becomes fleet leader, do they replace the original fleet owner? Thus, the new fleet leader becomes the new fleet owner?

Finally, what are fleet powers? Do you mean fleet privileges?
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question:

How does this tie into the give away promotions? Just asking because the Server down time is slap bang in the middle of the EU afternoon and evening.

While i'm not anticipating a problem for myself, I suspect there are some whom it might be an issue for.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Once a hangar pet has decided to Dock with its owner, it will now only remain undocked for a set period of time instead of waiting until it is within range of the owner.

Nice. It was rather tiresome having to back up into my pets to make them dock lol.
    Powers that use charges, such as the Omega Torpedo, will once again decrement upon use.

Nooooooo there goes all my fun with Omega torp on my shuttle lol. This one was clearly broken though so I can't get mad at a legit fix. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will we see a fix for the ship tailor sometime soon? (ie: not being able to change the pattern colors.)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Even though I am not a fleet owner, I was wondering if someone could flesh out the above? If I am translating the above correctly, the new leader moves from being provisional to full leader. Confusion comes from the last highlighted statement. Does that mean there is a two weeks grace period, which the new fleet leader will have to wait through? Or, is that for everyone who is promoted to a minor leadership position?

Second, when someone else becomes fleet leader, do they replace the original fleet owner? Thus, the new fleet leader becomes the new fleet owner?

We do need further information on this i am concerned that someone who has just joined the fleet can kick and become new leader

Please bran can you give more info on this please
    JtaDmwW.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but how does fixing an existing bug with the D'kyr confirm it as either the Thursday or Friday ship?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Resolved an issue where self-targeting space powers did not work as expected in certain circumstances.

Would this be the one where you find yourself healing pets and targetable projectiles instead?
    Powers that use charges, such as the Omega Torpedo, will once again decrement upon use.

So it was a bug then...thanks for the update.
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this fix the stability issues that caused you to "Ban" around 110 to prevent issues with the game?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    asindar1 wrote: »
    Does this fix the stability issues that caused you to "Ban" around 110 to prevent issues with the game?

5 EC says if it does, it hasn't been tested and will probably result in another ban for that group before whatever the issue(s) are resolved.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Checked out the TNG split bottom pants on tribble server. They have been FIXED entirely. They now look the way the did before LoR launched. :D

txtf.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...Also, atleast you guys fixed some uniform bugs. That's a plus...
    So far I've only been able to confirm that they've fixed one (and possibly created others)
    Checked out the TNG split bottom pants on tribble server. They have been FIXED entirely. They now look the way the did before LoR launched. :D

txtf.jpg
    Confirmed. Yay for that at least. :o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Added FX for the Inspirational Leader trait.
    I never see this in my traits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, with the new fleet leader stuff.

How exactly can fleet members see which fleet leaders are provisional and which are not?

Will there be a new dedicated rank or something?
  • thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    I never see this in my traits.

This is the new trait, thats coming out with the Elachi lockbox.
    In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has the issue of removing fleet leaders with multiple characters been addressed? This was brought up when you posted these notes to tribble but was ignored. Unless something has been left out of the notes if a fleet leader with 2 characters needed to be removed it sounds like the rest of the leaders would only be able to remove 1 character, then the fleet goes into lock down, and the same leader can log into his other character and "rescue" his kicked character. Considering most fleet leaders are going to have 1 or more alts this seems like a rather large oversight.

The whole reason for these changes was to address accounts being TRIBBLE and fleets stolen, while that's all well and good it seems all you've done is made it impossible to demote or remove a leader who has been TRIBBLE if he has more than 1 character. There should be an option to demote/kick all characters from an account to address this.

Also if the noone can be promoted to any rank in the fleet during a kick for 2 weeks that is a TERRIBLE idea. If its just noone can be promoted to the rank of leader during a kick then that's probably a good idea. Which it is needs to be clarified because from the patch notes it sounds like no promotions at all, which would grind the normal operations of a fleet to a halt.

Its a good start to address the problem of TRIBBLE accounts, but sounds like it hasn't been fully thought out yet and probably shouldn't be going live yet.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sad no science fixes. Third patch since LoR and no balancing of sci skills to match that of the new Rom ship skills or the continuous flow of for pay consoles with science powers that are replacing science space captains one skill at a time. :mad: very disappointing.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And -- of course, I'm inclined to say -- still no fix for Embassey boffs trained by other Captains missing vital body parts.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some good fixes and important fleet changes, very nice :)

And yeah, Vulcan Dkyr at friday :o
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quote: Romulan Formal Pants no longer appear under the skirt option

I presume that someone was looking up the skirts and found that error? (please, no need to answer that question...)

On another note, can I presume correctly that the hanger pet issue that is being dealt with in this maintenance WILL fix the carrier Recall command added in the new carrier UI? onfused:
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So yeah.. the D'Kyr will probably be the giveaway, can 't think of another reason why they 'd suddenly fix issues it has had for ages...

It 's my favorite ship in the game, and i 'm happy to see it fixed, but how would it being the giveaway affect the chance of ever getting a fleet version of it..?
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Assorted stability and performance updates"
    See ya tomorrow.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, will it fix the annoying tailor crash bug?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ohhnoes. the excrutiating pain of waiting just started.
    On top of that, the new W40K Space Hulk isn't released for another 3 hours.
    To bad they didn't release that one 3 hours earlier, y'know what I'm saying...
    Oh wells, gotta reduce the waiting period with some bbq chicken soaked in a homemade superspicy marinade. -and a joust of X-com...

Crossing my fingers, Bran, that STO is back up and running ASAP, brilliantly patched up, with live and kicking hampsters. Throw in a drinkingbottle with some Red Bull or something. They deserve it. They've been working hard lately. We want them continuing doing that.

:D
    /Floozy
This discussion has been closed.