test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    What's this ... 'outside' ... thing, you speak of????
    It's that thing with the great graphics and the really realistic physics engine (well, except around singularities - the Dev just can't be bothered to patch those), but the horrible gameplay and incredibly long respawn times. (Heck, one time the Dev Himself went down, and it took Him three days to respawn!)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bummer - logged in late today; didn't get the shuttle on a couple characters. Had been hoping I'd have a half hour after the patch to grab it. :(

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (83 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What about the giveaway? Will that be available when we login?
  • alex0112alex0112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Checked out the TNG split bottom pants on tribble server. They have been FIXED entirely. They now look the way the did before LoR launched. :D

txtf.jpg
    They finally fixed it! Yay!
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revlot wrote: »

Seasons, months, weeks - those concepts only apply to people who go outside.

Hell I can access gateway and go to my fleet on my iPhone that's the way the world is these days always connected probably even on my ps3 and there more then 80 million of those world wide
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey Boys And Girls What Time Is It ?
    http://www.thetimenow.com/pdt/pacific_daylight_time

Tool Time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bummer - logged in late today; didn't get the shuttle on a couple characters. Had been hoping I'd have a half hour after the patch to grab it. :(
    If you unlocked it with one character on that account, it's open for everybody. It's an account-wide unlock, you just need to claim it for each one. Just like buying a ship with Zen.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh Dear! Someone put a cover on that fan and unplug it from the mains. Half an hour and few would be any the wiser. But the new time means access to today's givaway is going to be delayed by half an hour. Expect this thread to explode with new posters from 10:00 PDT onwards.
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nice patches however i find that the kick rescue feature is limited too other leaders in the fleet which despite the time period could cause issues with some people why don't you alter it so that its a democracy each account that is in the fleet [not toon ] get a vote of rescue or kick over a 48 hr period which then would lead to a nomination of the 10 highest rank vote 48 hr which then lead too 1 week cooling period of the process going through this way it is a majority vote of the entire fleet that changes the leadership not a waiting period of 180 days
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • nulin81nulin81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't able to get into the game before this update so I was unable to get shuttles. Are you going to extend the deadline due to the downtime so we can still get them?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's that thing with the great graphics and the really realistic physics engine (well, except around singularities - the Dev just can't be bothered to patch those), but the horrible gameplay and incredibly long respawn times. (Heck, one time the Dev Himself went down, and it took Him three days to respawn!)

Oh..

It's just that horrible pretense called..., Reality...

I try to avoid THAT as much as I can.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    If you unlocked it with one character on that account, it's open for everybody. It's an account-wide unlock, you just need to claim it for each one. Just like buying a ship with Zen.

Oh excellent - thanks!

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *shakes fist* I could have slept another hour!!
  • murtagh4murtagh4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im going insane with impatice:eek:
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    russellca wrote: »
    Oh Dear! Someone put a cover on that fan and unplug it from the mains. Half an hour and few would be any the wiser. But the new time means access to today's givaway is going to be delayed by half an hour. Expect this thread to explode with new posters from 10:00 PDT onwards.

BranBot locks threads when he is finished with them to staunch the flow of complaints.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if my Path to 2409 datachips will be useable with this patch, ever since they got stuck in the mail they have been unusable despite my characters not having them in their accolades
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tool Time!

Thank god im not the only one who remembers HOME IMPROVEMENT
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    taitie12 wrote: »
    Do you people actually understand that 180 days is nearly half a year meaning around about 5 months 3 weeks inactive so chill out

what if your job takes u around world or your in the forces.

what if u end up in hospital for 181 days. or cant a pay your phone bill and cant play. etc...

who ever made the fleet owns the fleet

there should be no if and or butts.

not happy? make your own fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully not long to go, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. :eek:
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do the devs even bother giving the time estimates when most of the time you run over and post a message saying you're extending the maintenance time?

Just figure out how much time you think it will take in terms of a worst-case scenario and DOUBLE that time. Then give that figure to us.

Sure, people will complain that the maintenance is going to take a long time but then you can post a message like, "We've finished our work ahead of schedule and we're pleased to let you know you can get back into the game early!"

It's much easier for the masses of players to accept good news than to tell them it's only going to take X hours and then tell them it's going to take an hour longer than expected.

Just an idea.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • bridportbridport Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yay, an extra hour to wait. Keep up the good work guys ;)
    In Game Characters,
    Dagoth Commanding Officer of the R.S.S Sabre, Scimitar Class Dreadnought.
    Nelson, Commanding Officer of the Victory - E, Armitage Class Carrier.
    Jones, Commanding Officer of the Sovereign, Sovereign Class Battleship.
    Fleet Admiral of Approaching Storm, the Servers fastest growing Fleet.
    edited August 2013
    I finally figured out what ARC stands for...

Assimilated
    Real-time
    Control

Essentially it means that PWE will be taking over total control of all your Internetz Stuff, whenever you try to play one of Their games.

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do the devs even bother giving the time estimates when most of the time you run over and post a message saying you're extending the maintenance time?

They never learned from Scotty's tips, bizarrely.

If maintenance will take you 2 hours, tell people it'll be done in 4. That way you look like a genius and everyone loves you.

I'd much prefer to have maintenance end 1 hour early than 1 hour late, as would have happened in this situation ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Assimilated
    Real-time
    Control

Essentially it means that PWE will be taking over total control of all your Internetz Stuff, whenever you try to play one of Their games.

But...They CaN NoT HaZ MoAr StuFf from meh?
    edited August 2013
    Tool Time!
    what if your job takes u around world or your in the forces.

what if u end up in hospital for 181 days. or cant a pay your phone bill and cant play. etc...

who ever made the fleet owns the fleet

there should be no if and or butts.

not happy? make your own fleet.

I personally agree. A few months ago I couldn't get on due to RL priorities. an when i came back my fleet ownership was transferred to someone else. That someone else then tried to extortion our members for 40million plat. Contacted Cryptic AND PWI an they refused to do anything about it. The only thing i Could do was leave a mole in it to hijack my fleet back for me when that TRIBBLE went inactive.

I AGREE because i hate it when instances like that happens. I've been playing since BETA an I as well as my friend put our hard work into our fleet. We dont want our fleet to even have the remote 1% chance to fall into someone elses hands. I made my fleet. AND I BETTER BE THE ONE TO OWN IT NO MATTER WHAT.
    edited August 2013

Just figure out how much time you think it will take in terms of a worst-case scenario and DOUBLE that time. Then give that figure to us.

Sure, people will complain that the maintenance is going to take a long time but then you can post a message like, "We've finished our work ahead of schedule and we're pleased to let you know you can get back into the game early!"

It's much easier for the masses of players to accept good news than to tell them it's only going to take X hours and then tell them it's going to take an hour longer than expected.

Just an idea.

BranFlakes operates under the Revised Rules of Engineering Estimates (circa. 24th century), by Chief Engineer Geordi LaForge.

Not the Original Rules (circa. 23rd century) as delineated by Chief Engineer Montgomery (Scotty) Scott.

• wolfeyesseeuwolfeyesseeu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Assimilated
    Real-time
    Control

Too late. LL already has control of all my internetz stuff. :eek:
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    never mind - problem solved. :)

*waves at Lord Malak

I brought up the mail thing earlier. Someone alluded that it was probably something to do with integration with ARC. fingers crossed there's a backup first... <sigh>

Heh, everytime they mess with the mail I can't decide whether to hold my nose or plug my ears.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited August 2013
    Too late. LL already has control of all my internetz stuff. :eek:

LL...hmmmm...Somebody here plays Second Life it seems *grins*
This discussion has been closed.