What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so you aren't going where you have no access to internet for 10 months? great! you might just make the corvette after all...assuming you were pearl farming every day right up until you left

I currently haz 165 lolnut pearls so I'm assuming I'll make it (considering it's more than a month until the event ends and I need 21 more dailies). I'm not really interested in the Corvette, I'm just getting it in case there's an accolade with it...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    I currently haz 165 lolnut pearls so I'm assuming I'll make it (considering it's more than a month until the event ends and I need 21 more dailies). I'm not really interested in the Corvette, I'm just getting it in case there's an accolade with it...
    err...the flying high mission only goes for 35 days, and you need 25 days worth of pearls to get the ship, so if you still need 21 more daily runs, you're not going to be able to get it unless you make up the difference with lobi
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    err...the flying high mission only goes for 35 days, and you need 25 days worth of pearls to get the ship, so if you still need 21 more daily runs, you're not going to be able to get it unless you make up the difference with lobi

Gah really? Well I hope it doesn't give an accolade then...
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, you could waste away a few keys. Open some boxes just for the Lobi. Trade in 5 Lobi for a box of lolnut pearls. Keep doing it until that armed cruise ship is yours. Problem solved! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Well, you could waste away a few keys. Open some boxes just for the Lobi. Trade in 5 Lobi for a box of lolnut pearls. Keep doing it until that armed cruise ship is yours. Problem solved! :D
    Keys are expensive...

Also, it seems that I'm only one day behind for the Corvette (if my crappy calculations are correct). It would appear that I left just long enough to not get the Corvette...
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keys are expensive...

Also, it seems that I'm only one day behind for the Corvette (if my crappy calculations are correct). It would appear that I left just long enough to not get the Corvette...

The cooldown is 18 hours. If you got on every 18 hours, you would have enough time.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2013
    So, in other news: A player in EVE Online(aka SPREADSHEETS Online) lost a ship valued at ~USD 9,000. Here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6E1mL0h6z2I

And the Forbes Article. YES! This made Forbes!:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/07/09/eve-online-player-loses-a-spaceship-worth-approximately-9000/

Let me get this straight. In EVE, you buy ships you can LOSE... permanently? And someone paid $9,000 on one of these things?

Can you imagine the uproar if you had to buy a Scimitar every time you lost it?
    edited July 2013
    Let me get this straight. In EVE, you buy ships you can LOSE... permanently? And someone paid $9,000 on one of these things?

Yes. I mean I'm pretty sure you remember the uproar over the Odyssey and Bortasqu' packs. I imagine having to replace those ships everytime you lost them would cause those people to actually leave the game. I know I certainly would.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even more news, I got my army duty postponed for 1 year. I didn't ask for it but apparently a mix of my family's bad financial status (it would be very hard for them to support me over there), the army's bad financial status (it's Greek, 'nuff said) and the fact that I don't look like army material (I am weak and shy irl) made them reconsider if they truly wanted me.

Who knows, if I go to (the Greek version of) college it will get postponed even more!

Joy is in order.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Joy is in order.

*tosses Scar plushie*
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *Squeaks in great glee* Minkii keeper is back to treat us all! =^.^=

I was so hoping something like this would happen, odds are then that you could avoid it forever I think!
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This is said a lot, but it is wrong. It's "WORTH' approx. 9k USD, but he did not spend approx. 9k USD. He got it either via a certain very rare drop in game or buying it with ingame currency. Similar to Lockbox ships and the Lobi Ships.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    *Squeaks in great glee* Minkii keeper is back to treat us all! =^.^=
    *jumps for joy and tosses genetically-engineered weremice all over*

BTW, for those of you annoyed by the near-constant emote (or dabo) spam thanks to cryptic removing the ability to turn the emote and minigame channels off, i found a workaround here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11157721&postcount=46

also, dental and nerds of prey are offering free access to their respective bases so people can buy elite hangar pets, or whatever else they have on offer...and suprisingly enough, the offer seems legit: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=787571
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    *jumps for joy and tosses genetically-engineered weremice all over*

BTW, for those of you annoyed by the near-constant emote (or dabo) spam thanks to cryptic removing the ability to turn the emote and minigame channels off, i found a workaround here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11157721&postcount=46

also, dental and nerds of prey are offering free access to their respective bases so people can buy elite hangar pets, or whatever else they have on offer...and suprisingly enough, the offer seems legit: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=787571

Eh, they'll probably invite you and then laugh as they kick you out. If that's possible.

They are probably doing it to make House of Beautiful Orions mad. HOBO and another fleet are pretty much acting silly because one person sets their price lower than the other.
    Resulting in them fighting.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Eh, they'll probably invite you and then laugh as they kick you out. If that's possible.

They are probably doing it to make House of Beautiful Orions mad. HOBO and another fleet are pretty much acting silly because one person sets their price lower than the other.
    Resulting in them fighting.
    that doesn't explain all the people coming away with elite hangar pets...how would they have them if dental/NoP were kicking them off the base as soon as they get on it? no, this actually makes sense, what they're doing...by offering access for free, they're sticking it to HOBO, which i believe they don't have good relations with...but whatever their motivation for doing it, i applaud it, because i feel access to a base shouldn't be sold, especially not in a star trek game

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    that doesn't explain all the people coming away with elite hangar pets...how would they have them if dental/NoP were kicking them off the base as soon as they get on it? no, this actually makes sense, what they're doing...by offering access for free, they're sticking it to HOBO, which i believe they don't have good relations with...but whatever their motivation for doing it, i applaud it, because i feel access to a base shouldn't be sold, especially not in a star trek game

Well they did grind for it, they have a right to charge for entrance. My position is that if a T5 fleet wants to invite for free, good for them. If they want to charge for it, I don't hold it against them.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    [6:19] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] Taka@Ashkrik23 does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".

I've finally achieved my goal of winning NWS on both Zira and Taka.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Soon as the command ship lances are fixed, I'll attempt the other no-win, my long planned Hive space elite solo run =^,.,^=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I was so hoping something like this would happen, odds are then that you could avoid it forever I think!

If I manage to get my army duty postponed twice more I will be judged unable to serve. Or if I go to a psychologist and he/she judges that I have psychological problems (or I pay for him/her to judge that, corruption ftw) I will be judged unable to serve right away.
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd love to run a Hive Elite with nothing but Scimitars.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If I manage to get my army duty postponed twice more I will be judged unable to serve. Or if I go to a psychologist and he/she judges that I have psychological problems (or I pay for him/her to judge that, corruption ftw) I will be judged unable to serve right away.

Bribery like that is against the law.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bribery like that is against the law.

Law? Here?

Laws are not enforced here mainly because the government has too many hands and each of these hands' fingers don't know what the rest of the fingers (let alone other hands) are doing. It's like a Nautilus (read part where it says it has up to than 90 tentacles) with each tentacle doing something different and none of them are connected to the brain.

I'm not saying I'm going to bribe anyone, just saying that such things are commonplace and thousands of people take advantage of the inefficiency and laziness or Greek bureaucracy...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Soon as the command ship lances are fixed, I'll attempt the other no-win, my long planned Hive space elite solo run =^,.,^=

If/when you do that, I want to be there to see.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Any case, I'm going to do a test run before I bother gathering an audience, all I have to do is pug it and do my best, and probably get a team that can't be bothered to continue and then I can have at the command ships and develop a unique tactic for dealing with them, doing what you guys did probably won't work so I'll need to experiment for a while on them and test various theories.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Any case, I'm going to do a test run before I bother gathering an audience, all I have to do is pug it and do my best, and probably get a team that can't be bothered to continue and then I can have at the command ships and develop a unique tactic for dealing with them, doing what you guys did probably won't work so I'll need to experiment for a while on them and test various theories.

Just do what Kess and I did, do it on normal once or twice first.
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rumors of my death were slightly exaggerated. I only had a migraine (and it got bad because I wasn't paying attention and let it get too far for the medicine to stop it).

But I'm feeling better this morning. Hope to get on a little this afternoon.
    edited July 2013
    Yay, Canelow is staying!
    Rumors of my death were slightly exaggerated. I only had a migraine (and it got bad because I wasn't paying attention and let it get too far for the medicine to stop it).

But I'm feeling better this morning. Hope to get on a little this afternoon.

You seem to have a lot of migraines.

I might not be busy for the first time in two weeks later today, so I'll see if I can log on.
    edited July 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    You seem to have a lot of migraines.

This.

Also, I got 6 mosquito bites last night. Seriously, this is the first time they have bitten me this summer and they seem to have decided to do it all at once. Damned mosquitoes! (I would have gotten 8 bites but I got tired of staying awake at 4 am trying to kill the last two so I just made my room a mosquito-lethal-spray-chamber and hid under the covers to survive)
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Close your bedroom window. Problem solved. :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Close your bedroom window. Problem solved. :D

I can't, my bedroom is already warm with the window open, it gets really hot without any air currents