What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk AFK Players

Comments

• curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    if 3 vote yes then maybe you should go if the reason is right

And what is the 'right' reason? I'm making popcorn, I can't wait for the laughs.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited June 2013
    i still dont see a problem with a vote to kick.. for one, you have to vote to kick.. not everyone will just randomly pick someone to kick.. and two, if say you dont like someone for some dumb reason and vote to kick him and that reason isnt good, nobody will vote to kick...

also, those on ignore list should never be put on your team, ever.. i dont see why the system allows this.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    curs0r wrote: »
    And what is the 'right' reason? I'm making popcorn, I can't wait for the laughs.

lets see you not doing any thing aka being the very thing this thread is about ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I shouldn't have let myself get back into that. See that folks? Taking personal responsibility. I really am out this time. Seriously though, there is no possible universe in which this vote/kick thing would not be abused. That's just basic human sociology
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • deathray38deathray38 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As I said before:

1. Leechers will be removed from game
    2. All these multicolor boats and weak ship configs will be removed from STF
    3. Players of nations I don't like to play with (because of, for example, language barrier making coordination impossible) will no longer be a problem
    4. Trolls and players not listening comands of more experienced players will have time to regret their actions after kick
    5. Players who don't mind learnig STF basics (like correct generator detonation method etc.) will get the best lesson possible.
    6. Players who didn't participated in mission enough, may be kicked just before mission end, to no longer recive reward for their crappy performance.

If 3-4 players voted YES for one of these actions, then it IS RIGHT REASON.

If 3/5 or 4/5 players don't want to play with you, why are you forcing them to do so?
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited June 2013
    I shouldn't have let myself get back into that. See that folks? Taking personal responsibility. I really am out this time. Seriously though, there is no possible universe in which this vote/kick thing would not be abused. That's just basic human sociology

i dont see how a vote to kick option can be abused if it needed 4 yes votes.

if you dont like someone and pushed vote to kick for no reason, the other 3 players will vote no.

if they see a problem, then they choose yes..

if everyone sees a problem, they should be able to kick.. if you dont like it, dont cause problems?
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited June 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    i dont see how a vote to kick option can be abused if it needed 4 yes votes.

if you dont like someone and pushed vote to kick for no reason, the other 3 players will vote no.

if they see a problem, then they choose yes..

if everyone sees a problem, they should be able to kick.. if you dont like it, dont cause problems?

Exactly! If 4 players don't want to play with noob in multicolor ship, and system is not allowing them to kick this guy, then these 4 players are abused by noob who will leech reward for doing nothing.
    edited June 2013
    deathray38 wrote: »
    Exactly! If 4 players don't want to play with noob in multicolor ship, and system is not allowing them to kick this guy, then these 4 players are abused by noob who will leech reward for doing nothing.

i think this is the one ppl are scared of being kicked for is skittles boat

taste the rainbow pew pew that skittles boat :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    their has never been a vote to kick in sto life time

Vote to Kick ... perhaps not .
    Kick from team -- that was once an option .
  • clcmercyclcmercy Member, Banned Users Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played City of Heroes for 8 years and never saw anything like that. Leechers, moochers, door sitters, afkers, etc, were always there and they got rewards if they weren't kicked off the team by the team leaders. And right up until the day the shut down announcement was made people were complaining about them.

Your claims that there was a "perfect" system that exterminated leeches is a bald faced lie.

I also played that game for six and a half years. I know there were certain times afk doorsitting was even advertised. TRIBBLE, I had a war mace/shield brute that I used to run maps on +4/x8 settings and let the rest of the team sit at the door while I cleared the map. It was called "powerleveling".
    Amongst the popular tools we had to avoid deadbeat players were the /notes feature that allowed us to rate players global accounts with stars so we could spot people we wanted to avoid regardless of what character they were on.
    Fairly certain this feature was introduced AFTER Cryptic sold the game off.
    We also had the ability to form private teams/leagues when using the queue system which prevented the queue from putting random players together or filling an empty space if someone quit the private team/league.

Private team/leagues required an invite from the team/league leaders

Absolutely certain this feature wasn't in the game until YEARS after Cryptic sold off CoH/V.

It might be a touch tricky to get said after sale features into Craptic's coding. Not impossible, mind you but tricksy.

That said, yes. I'd like to see that implimented both here and in Neverwinter. Team lead being able to kick people was not abused in City of....but maybe that's because that game had a more.....mature player base?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reading this thread had given me something to do this weekend. Join 'Elite' STF's (LOL, elite in this game is something of an oxymoron, but lets forget that and carry on), and DO NOTHING.

Or maybe I'll just chat a little in languages that people don't like (American would be the most effective I'd guess), and sit back and watch the rage.

BRB, going to set up my Rainbow Boat of Rage. see you in-game !!
    edited June 2013
    Reading this thread had given me something to do this weekend. Join 'Elite' STF's (LOL, elite in this game is something of an oxymoron, but lets forget that and carry on), and DO NOTHING.

Or maybe I'll just chat a little in languages that people don't like (American would be the most effective I'd guess), and sit back and watch the rage.

BRB, going to set up my Rainbow Boat of Rage. see you in-game !!

bahahahahahahaha :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe vote-to-kick would work... if it kicked the person who started the vote if it failed, and cut a user off from itself for a week if said user started more than three votes in a48-hour period.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe vote-to-kick would work... if it kicked the person who started the vote if it failed, and cut a user off from itself for a week if said user started more than three votes in a48-hour period.

Pointless limitaton. Nothing should prevent players from voting, maybe only 2-minutes cooldowns between votings comming from single player.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Member, Banned Users Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No. Being AFK is not a tos violation. Therefore they currently have no basis to take action against any such person

No. Technically its still harassment because the purpose behind reporting them is to get them in trouble, whether its for spam or anything else.

Again, that is harassment

You will care when the person you are reporting reports you for harassment and has you banned.

What complaint exactly? Being AFK isn't a violation of the TOS and therefore there is no valid complaint

That is because it is not supposed to work. There is no tos violation in it

No you don't. No GM can take any action against such a person because it does not violate the tos.

No. This is harassment. There is no rule in the tos that says they can take action against anyone for doing something like that, no matter how annoying it may be

Okay. Just because you seem stuck on this one fallacious point, I went to the PWI ToS and copy/pasted the relevant section. I'll bold and color code each part that just disproves your statements for ease and clarification. Here goes.

10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

Red to red, yellow to yellow. Simple and easy to understand.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Okay. Just because you seem stuck on this one fallacious point, I went to the PWI ToS and copy/pasted the relevant section. I'll bold and color code each part that just disproves your statements for ease and clarification. Here goes.

10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

Red to red, yellow to yellow. Simple and easy to understand.

im happy you did that because im about ready to join the leecher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    Pointless limitaton. Nothing should prevent players from voting, maybe only 2-minutes cooldowns between votings comming from single player.

i say if vote fails they cant for for that person again till say group with them again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    It is failed logic. First voting may occur when player is just a little anoying - so it will fail, because most of players do not notice his actions on time or click "no" - then this guy will be free to troll,because there will be no option to vote against him anymore.

Another problem - during battle soe pleayers may not notice voting n time. There is also lag issue...

So basically - unlimited kicking votes with short 30s-1min cooldown is only fair option.
    edited June 2013
    It is failed logic. First voting may occur when player is just a little anoying - so it will fail, because most of players do not notice his actions on time or click "no" - then this guy will be free to troll,because there will be no option to vote against him anymore.

Another problem - during battle soe pleayers may not notice voting n time. There is also lag issue....

not necessarily i was only talking about the player who initiates the vote to kick if it fails they cant vote for that person again til repug with them again you would still have 3 more to try agian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    Why not? Nothing is forcing anyone to vote, and 3 kick votes is required minimum anyway. I don't see problem with anyone spaming votings, especially with 1 minute cooldown. And if spamer will be too annoying, he may be kicked too... "everybody win" situation.
    edited June 2013
    Why not? Nothing is forcing anyone to vote, and 3 kick votes is required minimum anyway. I don't see problem with anyone spaming votings, especially with 1 minute cooldown. And if spamer will be too annoying, he may be kicked too... "everybody win" situation.

ok i gave ya that one with a lol because of the spamer get kicked to bit :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    With absolute certainty, yes I think it will get abused.

well ya but its up to 3 others that decide if that reason is logical or not to kick them

this not like zone chat me setting with 5 account and report you spaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    You don't need to be in a fleet to make a pre-made team.

When you run STFs...

1. Is every other player besides yourself a leecher every single time?
    2. If no, what stops you from reaching out to those players who aren't leeching and sending a friend invite?
    3. What's stopping you from sending a PM to all the other players in this thread who are having the same problem as you and forming a group of non-leeching players whom you can team with for events?

It takes a minimal effort to find good players to team with in this game.

i do not want a vote to kick soley for stfs

and whats stopping cryptic from doing something about leechers you think new players old ones want to put up with leechers for the rest of this games life ? put it this way stuff like this makes ppl leave and never look back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    You're kidding yourself if you truly believe there aren't groups of people out there who will team up to specifically abuse a vote to kick option.

and cryptic should handle them appropriately dont ya think so to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic needs to remove the incentive for leeching by removing any rewards for non-participation. This is something they can achieve through code without involving a player based vote to kick system. Why would they make more work for themselves when they don't have to?

They must make, that the box with marks drop at the end of the mision.
    If you not at the end, no box and no marks.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
    edited June 2013
    Ok so, when you run any event, is every other player a leecher every single time? You're the only person who is participating? If the answer is no, there's plenty of other folks out there to team with who aren't leechers.

ya if i want to spend time in zone chat looking for 2 more for so and so and let me now let me ask you something do you pug alot ? or at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    I pug daily if not teaming with fleetmates. Even when I'm teaming with friends/fleetmates, we generally pug 1 or 2 open spots on a team. The only thing preventing you from finding good players to team with is yourself and your own laziness.

laziness is why the pug system was added for its laziness why their are more and more leechers every day sorry but this type of talk can go both ways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited June 2013
    No, that's not what the queue system was added at all.

so it was not added to stop ppl from spaming zone chat over and over looking for this and that for stfs? the pug system came in to play way before the fleet starbase do you recall them days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure about that. For sure there will be plenty of people getting kicked because they don't have the right gear, don't "play right", or have a ship name someone doesn't like, or isn't flying the ship they're "supposed to" etc. IMO any player vote system is open to abuse and will do more harm than good, so they're a bad idea.

I highly doubt this actually. If its a vote kick option. You're making the assumption that all the other team mates would agree... most times when I see some Elitist raging and griefing, I'd be more apt to vote for that person to get kicked than the new player.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Vote to Kick ... perhaps not .
    Kick from team -- that was once an option .

Still is an option... just not when the team is Queue formed.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
This discussion has been closed.