Install Arc
Options

Legacy and Starter Pack Claiming Process

1235»

Comments

• Options
    belvicbelvic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But nothing seams to work. Is like I never buy the heritage pack of the Legacy of Romulus, and in the historical I have buy it, and I have made the download, a 10 times already and nothing!
    WHAT I DO WRONG?:confused:
    Somebody can help me on this issue...
    :(
    thanks
  • Options
    amasiaraamasiara Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amasiara wrote: »
    Just to add to the record: Bought Legacy pack, Nothing in the C Store to claim.

This has been straightened out...I'm not really sure how...There was much clicking on links and seeing pages I've seen several times before and now its fixed.
  • Options
    unheard1978unheard1978 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karet wrote: »
    For players who purchase the packs through Steam:

Once you have completed your purchase in Steam, go to your Library and select Star Trek Online. On the right side and select CD Key, the key you need will be listed under Legacy Pack. You can then "Copy Key to Clipboard"

In your browser go to http://sto.perfectworld.com and from the website select My Account at the top of the page. Login to your account and then select Redeem Key paste your Steam code into the box and Submit.

You can then follow these steps to claim your items

pwebranflakes please add the above info to the 1st post.

thank you karet for your post
  • Options
    bloodkitebloodkite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be careful if you ever had a Perfect World Account before they merged STO accounts into the system. I have a ticket in where my purchase applied to my old PW account where exactly none of my STO characters are.

/mild rant
    Oh, and good luck with ticket submissions. I've had a ticket in since 5/22 and haven't received anything back other than the automated response its be received.

Yes, I check my ticket history. No, there are still no replies in the answer section. Lastly, I have been happy with the game since Open Beta, when I got my lifetime sub. I'm just a bit put out that apparently all the support people are having to deploy to keep the server up and no one is "manning the phones"
    /end mild rant
  • Options
    feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to TOS uniforms? I used to have these unlocked and now I don't even see them available in the store. Did they remove them from the game? Why don't I still have them?
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's a good idea. i liked it but how much would it be?
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    bludraggonbludraggon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been told by support that a new character slot comes with the purchase of the Romulan Legacy Pack, though I did not receive any additional slots with my purchase. I have opened a ticket (130523-000287) and the support personnel keep telling me I have the correct number of slots: I have 4 existing slots from a year ago and no new ones since the purchase. Is there something I need to do to make the new slot appear? Does a new slot actually come with the full pack? It has been two weeks since I spent $124.99 and I have yet to be able to create a Romulan character.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated!
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bludraggon wrote: »
    I have been told by support that a new character slot comes with the purchase of the Romulan Legacy Pack, though I did not receive any additional slots with my purchase. I have opened a ticket (130523-000287) and the support personnel keep telling me I have the correct number of slots: I have 4 existing slots from a year ago and no new ones since the purchase. Is there something I need to do to make the new slot appear? Does a new slot actually come with the full pack? It has been two weeks since I spent $124.99 and I have yet to be able to create a Romulan character.

There's a new character slot associated with the release of 'Legacy of Romulas' (Season 8) but not with the 'Legacy' pack. There are additional BO slots in the 'Legacy' pack (associated with the Liberated Reman BO) but no additional character slots.

Where did you get your 4 character slots from? F2P 'Silver' accounts start out with 2, plus one more from Season 8. 'Gold' subscribers start out with 3, plus one more from Season 8 for a total of 4. Did you purchase any additional character slots?

If you transitioned from 'Gold' to 'Silver' status, you're suppose to lose a character slot, but if all your slots are occupied by a character, you end up owing Cryptic/PWE a empty slot, as characters are never deleted. Perhaps this is where your empty Romulan slot went to...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    bludraggon wrote: »

Hi there :) A new character slot does not come with the Legacy Pack -- here is a full listing of items included with it: http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack/legacy

We did give players a character slot with Legacy of Romulus's launch, though.

If you are a Silver Member, your base free slot count is 3.

If you are a Gold Member, your base free slot count is 4. ((However! If you stop subscribing and have not used your 4th character slot, you will loose that 4th free slot -- if you already have a character occupying it, you will not be locked out of it. Also, if you delete a character while unsubscribed (Silver status), you won't be able to make a new one as you will loose that 4th free slot. ))

A few other notes:

If you played a trial account and never subscribed after, but came back after F2P launched, that would make you a Silver Member, which would mean you would have 3 total. Your trial account may have had 3, but once we went F2P, that changed to 2. Had you deleted one of your characters after F2P launched, you would have not been able to make a third character again. You were granted an extra slot yesterday, but you're not seeing an actual additional slot because you already have a 3rd character and that new slot is now officially unlocked in the spot that your third character is in.

Hope that helps make more sense of how slots work :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there :) A new character slot does not come with the Legacy Pack -- here is a full listing of items included with it: http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack/legacy

We did give players a character slot with Legacy of Romulus's launch, though.

If you are a Silver Member, your base free slot count is 3.

If you are a Gold Member, your base free slot count is 4. ((However! If you stop subscribing and have not used your 4th character slot, you will loose that 4th free slot -- if you already have a character occupying it, you will not be locked out of it. Also, if you delete a character while unsubscribed (Silver status), you won't be able to make a new one as you will loose that 4th free slot. ))

A few other notes:

If you played a trial account and never subscribed after, but came back after F2P launched, that would make you a Silver Member, which would mean you would have 3 total. Your trial account may have had 3, but once we went F2P, that changed to 2. Had you deleted one of your characters after F2P launched, you would have not been able to make a third character again. You were granted an extra slot yesterday, but you're not seeing an actual additional slot because you already have a 3rd character and that new slot is now officially unlocked in the spot that your third character is in.

Hope that helps make more sense of how slots work :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Then something's wrong, because A: you claimed in earlier threads that lapsed subscribers get 4 slots (which proved true in my case, as I have 4 characters now), and B: I have 4 characters without ever paying for extra slots. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Then something's wrong, because A: you claimed in earlier threads that lapsed subscribers get 4 slots (which proved true in my case, as I have 4 characters now), and B: I have 4 characters without ever paying for extra slots. :P

Did you ever reach the 300-day veteran reward? That also gave a character slot. Details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/veteran-rewards

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you ever reach the 300-day veteran reward? That also gave a character slot. Details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/veteran-rewards

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That would require multiplying my subscription length by ten. :P

I had a game time card because I mistakenly bought a physical copy of STO, believing that you still had to buy STO to play it. I used it when I thought it was a good time, and... :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    rcastillorcastillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone had an issue where they purchased the Legacy Pack, the purchase completed, and the product was applied - yet still are getting charged Zen for the items that were supposed to be unlocked?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rcastillo wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue where they purchased the Legacy Pack, the purchase completed, and the product was applied - yet still are getting charged Zen for the items that were supposed to be unlocked?

Make sure you claim the Legacy Pack bundle first -- all the ships in the Legacy Pack that you are seeing prices for will then change to "claim" if you need to re-claim them, rather than show the ZEN price. The instructions on how to claim it in-game are in the first post of this thread :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cohcovcoxcohcovcox Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it shows as 'available' and it shows in the account as activated. but when i click 'claim' it gives an error saying it cannot currently be purchased.... sigh.
  • Options
    eanimuseanimus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I claimed the pack and got all of the bundles but where do I go to make use of the Legacy Pack Duty Officers? I opened it and they disappeared
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cohcovcox wrote: »
    it shows as 'available' and it shows in the account as activated. but when i click 'claim' it gives an error saying it cannot currently be purchased.... sigh.

What is showing as 'Available' and has the 'Claim' button? The Legacy Pack bundle in the in-game C-Store? If so, are you trying to claim it on your Romulan character? A screenshot would also help me triage if you can post one :)
    eanimus wrote: »
    I claimed the pack and got all of the bundles but where do I go to make use of the Legacy Pack Duty Officers? I opened it and they disappeared

You'll see them in your Duty Officer roster once the Duty Officer system unlocks when your character reaches level 11.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ohhh I kinda got confused :P
  • Options
    atogornatogorn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amasiara wrote: »
    This has been straightened out...I'm not really sure how...There was much clicking on links and seeing pages I've seen several times before and now its fixed.

No, it has not.
    There a still a few ppl out there where the "solutions" just don't work.
    I tried all solutions in this forum and NOTHING worked.
    I am still missing my Legacy pack.
  • Options
    antras1antras1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atogorn wrote: »
    No, it has not.
    There a still a few ppl out there where the "solutions" just don't work.
    I tried all solutions in this forum and NOTHING worked.
    I am still missing my Legacy pack.

ty, so I'm not the only one with this issue (though it's only the rom starter pack in my case that does not show in Bundles-tab nor anywhere else).
    Is there some kind of schedule when this is gonna be fixed? I don't expect it to happen overnight, but some kind of ETA would be nice.

Also had problems reporting it, writing a ticket on website seems bugged (my english isn't good enough to describe technical issues... browser is is redirected to another url, then redirected back and forth until browser simply breaks off. happens on firefox, opera and IE).
    Writing (by now) 3 tickets ingame was not deigned with any kind of response in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    atogornatogorn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    antras1 wrote: »
    ty, so I'm not the only one with this issue (though it's only the rom starter pack in my case that does not show in Bundles-tab nor anywhere else).
    Is there some kind of schedule when this is gonna be fixed? I don't expect it to happen overnight, but some kind of ETA would be nice.

Also had problems reporting it, writing a ticket on website seems bugged (my english isn't good enough to describe technical issues... browser is is redirected to another url, then redirected back and forth until browser simply breaks off. happens on firefox, opera and IE).
    Writing (by now) 3 tickets ingame was not deigned with any kind of response in 2 weeks.

I share your story and your pain.
    My Rom Capt. is almost LvL 50 now.
    Starting to ask myself if there is any reason loeft to keep the pack.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Brandon,
    could you please give a short statement that our problem (postings directly above) is acknowledged and your team is working on it, presumably getting it fixed until ... ?
    Or at least acknowledge it SOME way.

Right now cryptic promised us a product, we paid for it, it was not delivered to us nor were we offered any compensation or information.

Thank you, it would mean a lot!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    antras1 wrote: »
    Brandon,
    could you please give a short statement that our problem (postings directly above) is acknowledged and your team is working on it, presumably getting it fixed until ... ?
    Or at least acknowledge it SOME way.

Right now cryptic promised us a product, we paid for it, it was not delivered to us nor were we offered any compensation or information.

Thank you, it would mean a lot!

I just tested a purchase on a new account, and it worked. I was able to go in-game and claim it, too.

Is it possible you did not confirm your purchase? Try clicking this link (which is in the OP at the top, in lime-green text): https://billing.perfectworld.com/stolegacy/complete. What happens when you go there?

When you go here (https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto), it should show "Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack" under 'Activated Features'. Is it there?

EDIT: If you go through the completion step AND it's not showing under the 'Activated Features' section, the purchase may not have gone through. If you confirm that the purchase did go through with your financial institution, please reach out to our billing team at http://support.perfectworld.com ('Contact Us' tab, 'Billing' for the category drop down). If you are not able to reach the support site, please email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com and put "billing" in the subject line and as many details in the message as possible. Filing a ticket is always the preferred method to contact us as you can ensure your ticket is in the right queue via the category dropdown.

Please note that tickets are answered in the order received, and as fast as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jmeyer1980jmeyer1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just tested a purchase on a new account, and it worked. I was able to go in-game and claim it, too.

Is it possible you did not confirm your purchase? Try clicking this link (which is in the OP at the top, in lime-green text): https://billing.perfectworld.com/stolegacy/complete. What happens when you go there?

When you go here (https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto), it should show "Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack" under 'Activated Features'. Is it there?

EDIT: If you go through the completion step AND it's not showing under the 'Activated Features' section, the purchase may not have gone through. If you confirm that the purchase did go through with your financial institution, please reach out to our billing team at http://support.perfectworld.com ('Contact Us' tab, 'Billing' for the category drop down). If you are not able to reach the support site, please email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com and put "billing" in the subject line and as many details in the message as possible. Filing a ticket is always the preferred method to contact us as you can ensure your ticket is in the right queue via the category dropdown.

Please note that tickets are answered in the order received, and as fast as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, thank you for the reply.

I however, do see the legacy pack under my active features, but cannot access any of the items on my account. My toon is level 5 and should at least be able to grab the T'Varo Light Warbird. However, I go to the C-Store and click "legacy" all of the items appear for a brief moment and then disappear. I have no boxes in my inventory.

Edit... make sure you read the part on the first post that tells you to go to the BUNDLES area of the c-store...
  • Options
    pokinatchapunxpokinatchapunx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dear mods/Cryptic,

This information may be valuable. I think there is an error in your confirmation process preventing the bundle from appearing. I first purchased the starter pack yesterday. I tried to confirm my purchase several times to no avail. It showed up as having been successfully added on my account page however. It was only the next day while logged on to my romulan character that I clicked on the confirmation link and the bundle actually appeared. To be clear, I also tried while not logged on the following day and it still did not work. So to recap, I logged on to my romulan character after having waited overnight to get the bundle to appear. I hope this information helps you resolve future issues.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Took a few weeks vacation because I just needed a little break after one year of near constant STO.
    Now I'm back to find your answer, Brandon: Thank you very much, it means a lot.
    Also, the idea to email your support team is a great one, gonna do that immediately.

THX!
  • Options
    jasondswiftjasondswift Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [Deleted.]
This discussion has been closed.