test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail is going to get Fixed? ***FIXED WITH TODAY'S PATCH***

Comments

• penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a way you can delete the mail...
    Apparently it can be done from Champions. So... if its really that important d/l Champions client make a toon and then delete from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    penclrtist wrote: »
    There is a way you can delete the mail...
    Apparently it can be done from Champions. So... if its really that important d/l Champions client make a toon and then delete from there.

xD

#1 The fact that I'm actually considering doing that says pages about the DEVs.

#2 The fact that players are so used to this sort of thing, complacency and work arounds are so common it's hilarious.

#3 I'm sure somehow, someway, this too will be called an "exploit" as I'm sure DEVs never "intended" accounts to be created solely for deleting mail. After all, that seems to be the current definition. xD.... just xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new patch AND STILL CAN'T DELETE MAIL!!!!!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kindly, right now, please look into the mailing system and fixing it. If we can delete non-exchange, surely the fix should be easy
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the incoming fix coming anytime soon? :mad:
    It's been 10 days already!
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • fleischmanntvfleischmanntv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess, after today's "maintenance" it is still bugged, as well as the pve queue?
    One hour of FleischmannTV saves one square kilometre of precious peble wasteland.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess, after today's "maintenance" it is still bugged, as well as the pve queue?

Of course it is, what did you except them to acually fix anything? These "maintenances" are just server restarts, they don't fix anything. They only do them to temporarily solve memory leaks and prevent crashing...
  • interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I missing something? My mail is now taking very long to load because I have so many. I am not using it all, except that I get notifications when anything is sold on the exchange. Please make this a top priority to fix.
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I missing something? My mail is now taking very long to load because I have so many. I am not using it all, except that I get notifications when anything is sold on the exchange. Please make this a top priority to fix.

If you have another account like Champs Online or Neverwinter, you can delete from there. Otherwise try to make a free to play one.

Also remove your attachments as well if you have them docked in your Mail
  • fiznozfiznoz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously? WHY in all that is HOLY should i download another game in order to delete mail? Come on that isn't a solution that is a pain in the bum. I know here is an idea.. Maybe PW should get of there collectives asses STOP throwing useless ZEN trash at us and fix some of the MOST blatant bugs in the game... How about that :)
  • apocalysticaapocalystica Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot believe that they have not fixed this yet.... I still have mail from 2011 stuck in my inbox!!
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The really need to fix the mail problem... so far no dice haven't seen or heard they give a hoot. So many other problems granted; but this one is just as major. Perhaps not as major as connectivity issues but stil.... hope this gets fixed soon!!!
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fiznoz wrote: »
    Seriously? WHY in all that is HOLY should i download another game in order to delete mail? Come on that isn't a solution that is a pain in the bum. I know here is an idea.. Maybe PW should get of there collectives asses STOP throwing useless ZEN trash at us and fix some of the MOST blatant bugs in the game... How about that :)

He's not saying you should he's saying if you already have either game then you can use it as a work around for now while we wait for a bug fix.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have another account like Champs Online or Neverwinter, you can delete from there. Otherwise try to make a free to play one.

Also remove your attachments as well if you have them docked in your Mail

nice workaround, thanks. :)
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    broken mail system is a very serious problem, especially if you have expired items from the exchange that is disappearing in exchange mail telling you have sold **** ( which should not exist, i don't need mail telling me i sold something it should be separate and connected with the exchange system not in my mail)
  • stanojoski1stanojoski1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please fix in-game mail system. I cant send and delete mail since the upgrade.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Me either. Any mail I had in before the patch won't delete.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah daily 135mb patches and still can't delete emails. This is really the bottom end of just plain ridiculous and absolutely abysmal back support for the release...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • had2mergehad2merge Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have a Champions Online account, you can delete the Exchange spam from CO. I believe it works in NWO, too, as I think that's where I originally heard someone doing it, but I don't play NWO so I can't verify that personally.

I can, however, verify that I just cleaned out my mailbox from CO.
  • acebugavacebugav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does not work tried it in neverwinter :X, and well mail 250 mails and counting :X
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I sell a lot of stuff on the exchange,as its much needed EC.
    This in turn is filling up my mail inbox,as I can't delete read sales mail.
    Cryptic, How much Longer do we have to wait,until the mail system bug is properly fixed.
    Please get this problem sorted out and all other bugs too.
    If the mail inbox fills right up,I don't know the effect it will have,regards exchange sales. I don't understand why this problem has dragged on for so long.

I think the player base in this game,has been very patient and understanding,but its gone too far now. Lets have these bugs dealt with now please.
    Clearance of bugs is I hope,going to be the highest priority above patches.
    Perhaps when this happens,it will help cheer people up.
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am going to have to agree here. The mail problem has gotten far out of control. It passed up being annoying days ago. PLEASE fix this. It is causing many people problems on multiple levels. ;)
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't see this causing any real issues other then OCD issues.
    so bug yes defiantly
    priority no sorry.

it is just deleting old mail

and patches are bug-fixes. it just may not always be your pet bug or a bug that we see
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    srafaorasp wrote: »
    so bug yes defiantly
    priority no sorry.

it is just deleting old mail

and patches are bug-fixes. it just may not always be your pet bug or a bug that we see

While I do appreciate you taking the time to also reply to the OP's post, you are incorrect. It is causing problems for people in number of ways. Some people sell a LOT of items on the auction. Some are not getting items back that did not sell that are worth millions or even tens of millions in EC. So no, its not just deleting mail, but again thanks for you input.

:rolleyes:
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it shouldnt have been left so long and by the sounds of it we may have to wait till later in the month for the fix
    also there has never been a bug fix since lor went liveonly a server stabiltys have been done
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    srafaorasp wrote: »
    so bug yes defiantly
    priority no sorry.

it is just deleting old mail...
    However, there is a upper limit on how many messages that can be stored in you Email. And once that limit is hit, messages start getting tossed into the bit bucket...

I've had to curtail my Exchange activity because of this...
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So why haven't you followed the advice other players have given you in the other threads about how making a free Champions account allows you to delete the excess emails you've accumulated.

Yes everyone agrees it's an annoying work around but at least it solves the problem while we wait for the email bug to be fixed.
    the Fact that at the moment cryptic seem to believe that with this " workaround" if you can really call it that is fine and can allow them to do other stuff before fixing something like this. this is the sign of incredibly bad priority choice right there, at the moment the game is " playable" but not by much right now, and a god awfull mail system is not gunna encourage folks to stay
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time something sells in the exchange I get a message. Useless information, as I get junk that didn't sell returned and credits for what did sell. The mail saying something sold is just spam that I have to delete.

Except now I can't delete it and my mailbox is so full of messages from selling junk that I have no way of knowing, other than spending an hour scrolling back to see, if I have any mail that is actually useful.

I know the delete mail feature will be fixed one of these days. (I'm kind of curious how it got broke in the first place.) If nothing else, the overhead to keep those millions of mails on the server will eventually force a fix.

However, I would also like to request that I have an option to turn off that useless spam from the exchange. That's all.

I just don't need, don't want, and never use the Exchange spam for anything. It is simply a feature that takes the first fifteen minutes of my game time deleting spam from the exchange every time I log in. When the delete feature is working, that is.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    Hello Cryptic -

Please restore the delete function to email soonest. Exchange emails alone are making in-game emails next to impossible.

I can live with the 100 item attachment limit. I can live with the RED ALERTS that cannot be turned in. I can live with the SPAM for things I shall not mention or be banned.

But I need my mail clean and empty. It's an OCD issue.

Thank you
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going biblical, so bare with me. Thou shalt not have a clean game e-mail inbox for the entirety of eternity, so fare thee well with thou OCD. :P

I think the atmosphere will have burned away before they fix this bug.
This discussion has been closed.