What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mail is going to get Fixed? ***FIXED WITH TODAY'S PATCH***

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    judgiung by how many patches there have been since LoR launched, they are likely still trying to find the cause, or are still working on a fix. considering how massive this update was, its not that easy to find what went wrong and broke it then fix it.
  • Options
    mango6645mango6645 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the mail or increase the limit, one or the other. This is ridiculous. Can't use the mail because of the new limit that Cryptic has imposed... I have reached the 100 email limit, because well... I can't delete the old ones. Bravo cryptic, bravo.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it shouldnt take this long to figure out why the mail don't work
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this! It is very annoying and frustrating. Can you at least give us an update on the status of the fix?

please?
  • Options
    mattyd95dxmattyd95dx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I to would like the mail to be fixed, the exchange keeps sending me stuff filling my box, and I don't want to lose expired items... I have a bank and inventory slowly filling as I don't want to lose items that don't sell after I put them on Exchange. At least tell us something and keep us update, it's not fair on us players to keep us in the dark like this, we need to know something and by not answering you're only making yourselves look bad.:(
  • Options
    spocktacusspocktacus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the Legacy of Romulas update, I can't delete any messages from my in-game mail accounts, on all of my characters. (e.g. item sold in the exchange messages). Any help with resolving this issue would be most appreciated.

regards,

Spocktacus
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue! I've filed an in-game bug report as well as sent a support ticket.

I asked in chat if anyone else had the same, and nobody responded. I'm vaguely relieved I'm not a unique snowflake in this regard.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a known bug that almost everyone has been experiencing.
  • Options
    cptsnortcptsnort Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they're out spending the legacy money. give them a couple months
  • Options
    westozwestoz Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able to delete it from the console at ESD only the returned exchange items once i've taken my item back I've deleted them.I can't delete unreturned but "expired exchange" items and I can't delete the "items sold". so you can delete a few a small few, No help really but it is something.
    Try and understand the Chaos factor or just understand the variable, live long and live life Gee.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi captains -- we are working on a fix and hope to have it out to you as soon as it's ready and confirmed to fix the bug.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon it is good to know you all are working on it:)
  • Options
    chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a known issue...still no update on a fix
    a little tip..if you lots of items on the exchange start taking them down...everyone now has an 100 message limt on mail box, anything over the 100 and you lose it!!
    4058756.jpg
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since Legacy came out, I've been unable to delete my mail, and I would like to suggest that when this issue is finally resolved, that a 'delete all' button be made for removing all mail.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chivs116 wrote: »
    a little tip..if you lots of items on the exchange start taking them down...everyone now has an 100 message limt on mail box, anything over the 100 and you lose it!!

Thank you for letting us know that! That's good information to be aware of.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know about a delete all button (many of us use mail as another bank)... how about check boxes, a "Check All" and a "Deleted Checked"

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    mntlrptrsmntlrptrs Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going to implore to "fix everything", but I do kindly ask for more transparency here.

Ever since the LoR expansion has been rolled out the game has been showing several bugs, glitches and inconsistencies. There have also been applied several patches since then, but none of those patches were documented in any way, nor did they seem to have any apparent effects. This is not what we're used to, as far as I can gather.

Can we expect any form of documentation soon on these matters?

It's a simple "Yes or No" question, so if any one of the game developers or their representatives would be so kind as to provide an answer to the question stated we would be grateful, if I may speak for the majority of the players.

Please don't get me wrong: The fact that there are bugs in the game is quite understandable considering the magnitude of the expansion, but the lack of any response or documentation regarding them (other than "We'll fix it as soon as we can") is quite blunt IMHO.

Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragging a BOFF and releasing it into a mail you're about to compose makes the client crash instantly.

Happens every time I've tried.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way is the mail system still broken Can not delete mail.:mad:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PLS can we get delete all and tick box for dont send me pointless mail when i sold something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, patching now... hopefully we can get a mail fix and a bit of clarity now :)

Hey, I can be optimistic sometimes :P

Oh, and for cross reference:
    Can't delete mail ***Known issue, team is working on a fix so you can delete mail***
    100-attachment mail limit
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was a known bug on Tribble before the LoR went live, why wasn't it fixed then?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To make things worse I receive *two* emails for every expired sale now: one with the item attached, and one wiithout...
  • Options
    stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i lost a very rare science doff which id bought with a lock box valuated at 10 million ec at exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    killershade4killershade4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well im not annoyed that even after week mail wasnt repaired, what actually scares me is that im really exchange active player, who have after week more than 3000 mails in box, few days i avioded clicking on that at all, but today i accidentally clicked there, and knew it was a mistake. It took almost 15 seconds to load all mails and game started lagging so terribly that i really hope that we will get some sort of "delete all" button, or allow mailbox to open only a few dozens of mails on one page(so it wont lag), otherwise it might take me few days at least to delete those mails with all the laggs i get every time i open it...
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic please stop ***** footing around with this game and sort it out properly.
    The mail system still has NOT been fixed. HOW MUCH LONGER TO WAIT FOR THAT??????
    These silly little downtimes are ridiculous. Put the game on downtime for at least 24 hours,to go through it with a fine tooth comb. The bugs are very annoying,please get them sorted out right now.
    Is there going to be a server upgrade????? its needed.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the first time that I have experienced a drop in game play quality with an expansion or update.I dread doing ground missions now do to the heavy lag that was not there before the expansion.PVP missions are also laggy,as are some space missions.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chivs116 wrote: »

Bran says you don't, you just don't get the new messages UNTIL your inbox has space for it (under 100). He posted it on twitter a couple days ago, but on the OFFICIAL site (here) it's still unconfirmed anything changed with the mail limits.

Inability to delete messages is a known bug posted in the release notes for LoR.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its only exchange messages I cannot delete. Everything else I can. :(
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant delete fleet mail or item sold messages........
  • Options
    amolikaamolika Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't delete old messages and item sold messages.

:eek:
This discussion has been closed.