test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got into a map loading screen then FAILED> TRIBBLE this... Gameforge, bigpoint come save me
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m0peygoff wrote: »
    I could tell there was server problems as soon as I tried to load the forums.

Likewise, I can tell the server problems are fixed based on the speed of the loading of the forums. For some reason I find this a little amusing.
    Agreed. Refreshing, accessing, loading, etc... Everything Cryptic is crawling along.
  • abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also here. Cannot login. Unknown reason error message shown.
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YOu cant take a patch OUt. You would have to roll back everything by a week. Talk sense.

Anyway I'm having this issue for the first time. However I can get onto tribble without a hitch, if thats helpful
  • hartwell70hartwell70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woke up and look what ya did....ya broke it....lol....what happened? it was working great yesterday.... ummm you guys do know its memorial day weekend right.. 4 days off and your broke... anyone going to place bets on how many people are going to be angry today. i will have to check later on today just to see... on the good side of things i do like what i see in lor. and noticed new stuff in both the fed and kling sides..
  • ricardo58ricardo58 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AAAaand....

This is why games like WoW will never fail over trololol F2P games, TOR, STO, etc, devs always mess something up in patch day, and messing something up in a weekend, shows how crappy a dev team is...
  • bastet111bastet111 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any rumors that this issue was "resolved" are wildly misleading.

If you don't get it while trying to just log in, when you select a toon and attempt to "beam" into the game, it fails again.

So my guess is the character server is overloaded.

Either way - seriously?

Please fix - again - ASAP.

With the amount of hassle players have gone through this past week due to all the breakage (1st, the massive lag and delay to get into the game on Tuesday, then the mail-system failure and persistent long lines to play, then this problem now), I dare-say those who pay for service to this game deserve a recompense of some type or another. Nothing ridiculous or game-breaking - but something.

Regards: @Bastet111
  • simph1007simph1007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonut01 wrote: »
    Come on guys, again, this is why people spend money on this game. It is to help resolve issues like this. What are you spending the lockbox money on??

Orion Slave Girls perhaps? However this issue wont get resolved whilst you cry over it. Go for a walk... Its a lovely day out there! Yes there is life outside... lol... Things happen on all mmorpgs after major updates... just ask wow players... rift players... anyone... this always happens because its on servers and major upgrades cause it... they will fix it friend! :)
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antaran5 wrote: »
    At least give subscribers and those who've purchased one of the packs something back for all this downtime, 100 zen a day for inability to play would do the job as it's a little less than what can be made dailly via dilithium exchange.

are you saying silvers shouldn't get anything either?

not all of us just play and not invest.

some of us actually consistently buy xen as we always dont have the money to subscribe and by zen so we do one or the other.

I for one though would like to have something like 10k dil or bigger sales rofl.

to be honest cryptic would be far more willing to do that than give us zen imo.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's time for some new management at Cryptic, and it's time to clean house. The broken stuff that's been broken for years and still never gets fixed, the constant log in issues, the queue fiasco, the breaking of things every time there is a patch issue, the amount of incompetence and issues involved in this game are horrendous.

There is a problem inside Cryptic, and it needs to be fixed before this game can ever truly get fixed.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • hargnhargn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had a response from the server:

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannh?user Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die.."
  • shulauhshulauh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STo team posted on facebook 10 minutes ago :

Hi Captains. We're investigating a "login failed for an unknown reason" error some players are seeing at the login screen. Please stand by, and we appreciate your patience! We'll get you back in-game ASAP!

my comment : can u do something without breaking another thing? seen this before on other PWE games ...... starting to be really bored of this TRIBBLE
  • bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could now log on with my klingon commander (20). But not my Romulan or FEDs
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the peeps here logging in to moan are TRIBBLE with the CO forums I cant get to moan over there.

My moanings are moar important cause pineapple!
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting it too. Takes ages to load the character list or change the character.

I've tried different characters and the furthest I've come is it loading to 56.x% of the map before it crashes.

Please give me a phone call when you've fixed this. I'll go and do something else in the meantime instead of sitting here wasting time on trying to log in yet an other day.
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.
    Have tried logging in several times, get to character login screen, click "play" on my character and then a while later the " Login Failed for Unknown Reason ".
    Outside of some minor visual annoyances, and the Colony " You will be removed in 5 seconds " issue , I was surprised and pleased at how smoothly things seemed to be going with LoR.
    Oh, well..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in! Hazzah!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

return of the mack
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xvleonb wrote: »
    It is broken. Can you make it go?

ROFLAO that was great. actually laughed so hard I cried. My hat is off to you sir.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it seems to have something to do with subscribers or in general only hit accounts with something about them as my roomate, sitting like 5 meters away from me, using the same internet connection gets in perfectly fine..

i'm a lts, hes a f2p so maybe this is related to that somehow? or because i have too many chars or something?

the others here not getting in are you guys f2p or gold/lts?

I'm LTS and can't get in. karmic payback for getting in front of lines, I suppose.
  • druunajonesdruunajones Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains. We're investigating the "login failed for an unknown reason" error some players are seeing at the login screen. < < <

> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error

And the last statement is flase, not true. I cannot login. I am still getting the same message. Booted my router and modem even my PC and check my security. This has never been an issue before in any MMO game I play. When it loads and the character screen is shown it takes a lot of time to load the voyages of the characters. When I am able to press 'play' I either pick 'normal log' or 'save login' the game fails, it shows the message "retrieving lists of maps". After the game tries to load but there's were the game gets stuck and I am back at the start: "Login failed for unknown reason" error.

And quite frankly my patience is starting to wear very thin. PW/Cryptic has had enough time to solve issues and I really would like to be able to play the game in which I have spend over ?1500,- over the last couple of years.

Also I am a retailer, reviewing a couple of MMO's in BETA but the review I will start writing about STO won't be a pritty one. I have had enough patience, always have been kind to the support team, but right now that kindness is vanished!
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paris Hilton? No Thanks, i like women with real ****.

Uma Thurman? Hell Yeah, everyday without fail.

I can see where this is going.......

When they get it working, millions will be in a bloody queue again..
    i can see it coming a mile off..........
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AAAaand....

This is why games like WoW will never fail over trololol F2P games, TOR, STO, etc, devs always mess something up in patch day, and messing something up in a weekend, shows how crappy a dev team is...

Are you freaking serious? You saying WOW hasn't had crappy patches and instability??? LOL. Your trolling is weaksauce
  • wisdomssonwisdomsson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *GRABS THE PATCH MAKER AND THROWS A DUTY OFFICER OUTFIT ON HIM AND USES
    "EXECUTE FOR INCOMPETENCE* This LEVEL OF FAILURE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AGAIN!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ricardo58 wrote: »
    AAAaand....

Then do us a favour and go play WoW, instead of looming around here talking trash about people you don't even know.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's really baffling is that it's obvious that the maintenance accomplished nothing of note, the server's back to being broken, so they could just save everyone a day of grief and take the server offline for "extended emergency maintenance," to last however long it takes to revert their changes.
  • jadedelphijadedelphi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never had this error before... Go figure a rainy Memorial day weekend, which all of my plans had to be cancelled, can't go camping and Cryptic has to completely hose STO.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked, and just expect the dang thing to be down -all weekend- long.

The kicker is last night and yesterday? Relatively little lag, no login problems... Now one step forward five steps back.
  • motermdesmotermdes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same cant get in game cant even get to select toon:eek:
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems to me like most of the affected accounts are lts/gold.. since my roomate is f2p and can play over the same connection as i being a lts and i cant play so maybe its something about that thats related to the issue
  • chrisnick3chrisnick3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to add my two cents since I'm experiencing the same problem -

I seem to be possibly progressing further every time I try logging it. The first time I logged in, it kicked me before I got to the character select screen. Second time, it kicked me after I selected a character. Third and fourth time it kicked me while loading the game after the character selection screen, and the load "numbers" (not really sure if they mean anything) got progressively higher each attempt, though it fails around 57 - 58. It also says there was an error transferring the character to the map on each successive attempt.

Grrrr.
This discussion has been closed.