Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    leestarkleestark Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic
    Wouldn't it be better just to take STO offline completely & get it worked on to 100% playable with minimal bugs. I think players would prefer a fully working game rather then a bug infested unplayabe game.

Take it down. Service it. Do what you must for us to play your game. We would prefer it.
    It's an awesome game Cryptic but it is just getting worse & going wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is a thought, Cryptic.

If the patch you have just added (which is obviously no good), why don't you just scroll back the game to yesterdays settings?

Seems simple enough to me! That's what I do when me PC gets a fault. And I don't even have any fancy qualifactions in IT/software ETC, but even I can work that one out.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, having queues and waiting to log in is still so much better then not being able to log in at all. It looks like cryptic is going to to put in alot of overtime this weekend to get things working.
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 34 tries I am now logged on with my Romulan.
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First time since I first got STO 'Login Failed for Unknown Reason'. Was able to log in just fine and play until the servers went down for Maintenance. Now, I can't get in to play my favorite game.

Takes forever to get to the character selection screen (if I don't get bounced first), then takes forever to try and get in to the game. Haven't been able to get past 56.64% map load (And that was with the Safe Login Option).

I would like to play sometime before I have to head out for the day.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    codyniz1codyniz1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://imgur.com/SvIyUR3

Same exact thing that was happening last night. I'm going to try playing a different toon.

Edit: I only get the message for the toon I play most... guess I'm stuck with Feds and Romulans until this gets fixed.
  • Options
    eddgaraeddgara Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    not resolved, try again.
    Bill Gates, Please buy this company and fire everyone and set it up to function like it should be.
    This is Star Trek !
  • Options
    fattyqfattyq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'm in. Mail is still broken.
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's like someone forgot to switch the power on to a set of blades. This smells like one of those idiot mistakes. This is why I no longer sub and never felt the overwhelming need to buy legacy packs for 200 smackers. I'll dribble my cash to you 10 bucks a month at a time, thanks. You get what you earn.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK EVERYONE, LISTEN UP
    I forced a verify, than it patched something like 100mb.
    Now i logged in and i'm playing.
    Might be worth giving it a try. tho unsure ti was just a coincidenced or its fixed by cryptic
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eddgara wrote: »
    Bill Gates, Please buy this company and fire everyone and set it up to function like it should be.
    This is Star Trek !

Dude, then all we would be getting in STO is NFL in Spacedock and ships controlled by waving our hands about like morons who have OD'd on red bull :<
  • Options
    captain01982captain01982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just got in game
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains. We're investigating the "login failed for an unknown reason" error some players are seeing at the login screen. < < <

> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

Am I wrong, or does this imply that there are actually players in the game right now who are able to log in and play just fine? Right now it doesn't feel like "some players" are having these problems. It feels like 99.9% of all players are stuck out of the game. Maybe they should investigate why "some players" can actually get in there and play. :mad:
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hausdorffhausdorff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got in 2 times for less than a minute, disconnected both times.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labtinnion wrote: »
    Am I wrong, or does this imply that there are actually players in the game right now who are able to log in and play just fine? Right now it doesn't feel like "some players" are having these problems. It feels like 99.9% of all players are stuck out of the game. Maybe they should investigate why "some players" can actually get in there and play. :mad:

yes and no, I for example was able to get in, then changed toons and failed, i am now in again.

so yes there are some players who are able to 'play just fine' as they got in and stayed in

and no i was not able to 'log in' ... 'just fine'
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue as b4 should require same fix as b4?! No?

Not necessarily. Depending on what the error is, it could be the result of something completely new that the maintenance fixed.
  • Options
    teshultzteshultz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This error was fixed for the module that control loading the Character screen, even though it puts half the information. Now the module that brings the maps up seems to have adopted the sickness .
    The problem seems that communication is cut off from the server after each load i.e. character screen. which I believe should never happen. In my opinion.

I also noticed that my Orion female captain are not dress in their chosen uniform on the Choose Your Character panel, the game keeps undressing them.
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we're back! they found the off and on switch finally! yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hausdorff wrote: »
    Got in 2 times for less than a minute, disconnected both times.

Same thing happend to me.
    :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just got in.. tried another char i did not tried before and got in... dont know if it has something to do with that but whatever they did or not did.. in any case.. im in ;)
  • Options
    leosg1leosg1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can a update make it worse? had no problem log in before, now cant log, getting stuck retrieving character list and kick me out for unknown reason, this sucks LEFT NUTS!!!:mad:
  • Options
    szodasszodas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the same message like the others: "Login failed for unknown reason" but only after the patch :confused:
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maps got 96% loaded before it disconnected me this time
  • Options
    rert78rert78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't get to the character screen on my first try and now that I can it just sits on the loading area screen the it comes up with cannot connect to server 13 seconds 17 seconds etc. it was fine before the server went down for maintainece today :(
  • Options
    chrisnick3chrisnick3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well looky here - I just got in. We'll see how long it lasts.
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I was a big fan of cryptic. I start with Champion online at the closed beta and same on Star Trek, i had subscription on this two games.

But now i so happy i stop to give my money to cryptic since one year, and really I'm sad in my country we don't have things like class action because you cryptic all what you do is just no respect for your costumers, i Don't have the word in english for say what i feel. But you should recieved the consequence of your act? You are playing with us !!

Ho If someone know how send a mail to CBS and Perfect World it will be great if many people send mail for complain about the cr*p cryptic do
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im in steady now
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Kara there is nothing illeagal on what cryptic is doing..you dont know what your talking about
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kara445 wrote: »
    Honestly I was a big fan of cryptic. I start with Champion online at the closed beta and same on Star Trek, i had subscription on this two games.

But now i so happy i stop to give my money to cryptic since one year, and really I'm sad in my country we don't have things like class action because you cryptic all what you do is just no respect for your costumers, i Don't have the word in english for say what i feel. But you should recieved the consequence of your act? You are playing with us !!

Ho If someone know how send a mail to CBS and Perfect World it will be great if many people send mail for complain about the cr*p cryptic do

I don't honestly think they are doing this deliberately O.o
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
This discussion has been closed.