What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok am able to get in with all my other toons except the one I was playing just befor the patch. that one fails every time
  • Options
    simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am just going to say it this way. I was very tempted to spend $200 for the lifetime membership on the special offer. But seeing how unstable the game is and how there is a total lack of support and massive game interruptions I have decided free is all I will pay these guys. Let's face it. They will listen to one thing only. MONEY. If you people really want to make your voices heard. Stop paying them for service.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EDIT - Resolved.
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok am able to get in with all my other toons except the one I was playing just befor the patch. that one fails every time

I spoke too soon. only my 50's are able to stay in. now that's weird
  • Options
    fs130fs130 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem only seems to be with my Romulan toon. I can get it fine with my other characters.
  • Options
    puller1puller1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is 12:55 Central time US and I am still receiving the same message. This problem is not resolved as it states above and it needs to be very soon.
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in and playing then go the red "Server not responding" alert, then got booted and now I get the "Login Failed for Unknown Reason" again. Totally not a resolved issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadmaninc84deadmaninc84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why must you keep breaking your game Cryptic? It worked fine yesterday.
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in for 5 min then this TRIBBLE all over again
  • Options
    duatytencheduatytenche Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice if I could login you know
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't honestly think they are doing this deliberately O.o

I know theu don't do it deliberately, but i know they don't really care as long so many people spend money in this game.

I mean before cryptic had respect for the costumers now look how they are with us, How many lie the say about this game ...

That what make me angry

If Cryptic haven't the Star trek license they will disappear, They act too much like a ferengi
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to me my experiences are just getting worse after each maintenance is performed,can log in with my Fed,but when I try to log in with my romulan I get login failed for unknown reason.
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to be normal now, at least for me. Thanks for quick repairs, Cryptic.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have fed toons, and yet I cant log in at all, so *shrugs* what do I expect for "Free" per say
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in for 5 min then this TRIBBLE all over again

same thing here, everytime I log in, I get going for a minute, then it kicks me off.

but c'mon everyone, let's give the STO team some good words of encouragement, I mean it, I'm sure they're trying their best. Don't forget, I'm sure there are alot more people logging on than normal.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason for the problems.
  • Options
    simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HOLY TRIBBLE, I am getting in. although nothing else is fixed yet. Still can't delete mail. now DS9 is choppy. Lovely.
  • Options
    visiavisia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error
    Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
    Slow patching in the launcher
    A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally

Apparently this issue is not resolved, since I am now getting it, but only after today's patch.
  • Options
    ediazskyfireediazskyfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able only to log in with one of my FED characters. And the new romulan, also. My 2 tactical characters, FED and KDF, has been "not able" for me since tuesday.
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok.... what about the constant being booted form the game every 15 minutes. GET THE FAKKING SERVER UPDATED DAMN IT. SURELY CRAPTIC UNDERSTAND THEY NEED TO INCREASE SERVER CAPACITY> STOP ****ING OVER EVERY GOD DAMN PLAYER..

its not just silver players that get messed about by this. its the gold as well.

Im a silver player and i have bought over ?200 worth of zen and what for? for craptic to spend it on hookers
  • Options
    captain01982captain01982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am no longer getting botted..im up and running with no issues
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This really is becoming tiresome. I wait all day because yet again, the game is down, only for it to come up half hour late, then find I can't log in because every time I do, I get "Login failed for unknown reason". How long does it take to sort this out? Cryptic need to sort this out once and for all.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i managed to complete one mission and just like that i loose connection, i reconn and it shows "login failed for unknown reason". its the first time i ran across this issue.

edit: after 2 log in fails, it logs me in the 3rd attempt. i am now suspcious of the reliability of the server however.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    obligoblig Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know its listed under

***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error

but I have to burst that dreambubble. A friend and I just encountered this error a few minutes ago
  • Options
    tuerfortunetuerfortune Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since 21.05.2013 i cant login with my 1,5 years old mainchar. my both other chars same account no Problems, the loadingsreen goes to 94 % then neverending serber no response. im very angry that cryptic to date nothing doing for that Problem. Ive paid a lot of Money for this char. the char owns all my valuable things 142mio ecr, 3 box ships, any fleet ships, all Shuttles, a lot of valuable account weapons, full extendend backs and bank, 200 hundret mostly lilac doffs, 1500 romulan and Omega marks 350 lobbi cristalls any further more.

cryptic lives from the People the spent Money why crytic These People not help? The Support doesnt exist!! The Problem is not difficult cryptic read logfiles!! i Think cryptic havent fancy any do for that Problem!!!

Sorry im german my english ist not the best i would inform also the english People a lot of Germans have the same problem!!!
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got this. Good grief, I thought you had this fixed, Brandon? I'd highly suggest calling your techs in and getting this fixed for good. And fix the flipping mail too, while you're at it.

3 Server Not Responding messages within 15 minutes, lasting from 50 to 95 seconds, unable to click anything because of it, and now this. Wonderful.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg this is BEYOND pathetic 3 freaking days in a row now i keep getting this bs message
    login failed for unknown reason
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was playing and everything froze. Got a message about "player boot" or something like that.

I think another hamster has died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeap same here cant login for unknown reason is back again.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers are overoaded.
    i was lagging very hard.
    than timed out
    than this...
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    rennakrennak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Player Booting Failed after several server time out connection attempts.

Not really wanting to criticize, but these disconnects and errors are torturing my inner child. I just wanna pla-a-a-a-ay the ga-a-a-a-a-ame!
This discussion has been closed.