What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    kdstokdsto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep im having same problem. Gets stuck and then logs me out because of unkown error when im trying to load up my character screen.
  • Options
    wisdomssonwisdomsson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the same boat as the rest of you why do they not test the patches BEFORE bringing them onto the main server.
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same error

Why do they not CHECK before turning things back on :S

COME ON!
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PLEASE---PLEASE---PLEASE REMOVE LEGACY OF ROMULUS

RESTORE OUR GAME TO THE WAY IT WAS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    it's quite clear it dont work properly, take it away until you get it working.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game is going to a blank planet, trying to load my characters, then booting me out after the game times out.
  • Options
    kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also to add; there seems to be a bug in the Borg assult PVE - Blow up for no reason at all over and over again.. Ive seen lances come out of walls or dead space.. not from the ships.. and have seen up to 5 of them at a time.. where the entire team blows up..

Ive played in several since the LoR updates and each time players left.. everyone of us got the 1 hr temp ban for leaving..

The constant up/down your loosing money.. would it be too much to ask roll the server back pre-LoR upgrade untill you have all the bugs worked out?

You cant dev a patch in afew mins and roll it out and post over and over again 'back up its working and constant epic fails untill players give up.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having problems with everything. I keep getting the "login failed for an unknown reason" error. I have trouble accessing the site. I also had a major problem with signing into the forums.

Crazy.
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed some of us have a life, yet we spend time and money so we can kick back here.

Obviously those whoe have been here years know this isn't the first time this game has had issues, but this is a little more than that at this point.

This is the same problem, server instability, with a patch that was suppose to fix this.

You guys took an extra hour, obviously you knew there was an issue, so fix it before you open the servers back up!
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too...... log in failed unknown reason -

It's a rainy Memorial weekend, PLEASE don't TRIBBLE this weekend up.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting....tiresome.
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shulauh wrote: »
    once again there is a problem and its gonna take HOURS before they NOTICE it .......... wake the f... up and do something for god sakes u break the game then vanish for hours .... lame.... i looked up the box on the top of the page u said "Login failed for unknown reason" error was resolved? WAKE UP CUZ ITS NOT

It was acknowledged ~30 minutes ago on twitter. Forum problems probably making feedback here difficult.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it seems to have something to do with subscribers or in general only hit accounts with something about them as my roomate, sitting like 5 meters away from me, using the same internet connection gets in perfectly fine..

i'm a lts, hes a f2p so maybe this is related to that somehow? or because i have too many chars or something?

the others here not getting in are you guys f2p or gold/lts?
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobkelso01 wrote: »
    just tried getting on takes forever to load m character list and smame issue login failed due to unknown reason and this is right after the server maintanence ended at 11:45 central time its now 12:11 and niether me or m freind can get in so the abovve words in colr saying the issue is resovled bull TRIBBLE

***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error NOT FIXED

Well, it was fixed with the Wednesday evening emergency patch, but the patch today broke it again.

They need to roll the game back to the last patch then break the new patch down and dig through it for what they did that broke it again.

I can't get past trying to log a character in. It takes a long time just to bring up the character list, but when I select a character and it goes to 'retrieving list of maps', it hangs then either times out or I get the infamous 'Login failed for an unknown reason' message.
  • Options
    dangerpigdangerpig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it has to do with people logging in. There is an unbelievable amount of bandwidth available to them and we aren't connecting at very quick speeds. Their servers are probably fudged (again) do to an update. They'll get it worked out, but God man the load time..I'm a doctor not an engineer!
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've received this error as well but in different places:

While "Retrieving Characters"
    While "Retrieving List of Maps"
    While "Loading Map"

It's never in the same place twice in a row. Makes it seems like there's problems in transferring from the Login server to the Gameplay server, but I'm no tech expert on the matter.
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep i got it again come on
  • Options
    drakelfiredrakelfire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having this problem as well, and having issues posting.
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013
    Same here, since i tried to create a Romulan character. :eek:
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    hausdorffhausdorff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same as the rest... sometimes get to "Retreiving maps", slow character list load, etc... Ping to server is 37ms - seems fast. Forum pages seem extremely slow to load...
  • Options
    m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could tell there was server problems as soon as I tried to load the forums.

Likewise, I can tell the server problems are fixed based on the speed of the loading of the forums. For some reason I find this a little amusing.
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i refuse to believe anything any one of the craptic team say these days.

a good reason for this is the lies about resolved issues
  • Options
    gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before your "maintenance" game runs fine. After the patch i cant log in for unknwon reason. I know the reason. YOU !!!!! Dont you guys test your fixes/patches??? Seems like "Heh lets programm some stuff and let it go live. Maybe it works...." Do you work always like this?
    And that at a friday afternoon. You've done a good job. :rolleyes:
    Why dont you do maintenance at mondays? Or is there again a dilithium bug with what ppl could make endless dil per toon.... then you do maintenance as quick as possible but the broken Jem Hadar Set shield that crashed all intances has been life for 2 weeks.

I'm very disappointed cause you have had the Testers on Tribble, all the reports. How can you release add ons/patches/fixes how ever you wanna call it without testing them before going life if they work as "intended".

Wouldnt i be LTM i wouldn pay anymore for such work. And this is not the first time you made such bulls.... . And obviously it wouldn't be the last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    barc2barc2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Connection to log in server timed out, It wasn't broke before you FIXED IT!!!:mad:
  • Options
    howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya cant login either,... dead patched again... :(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • Options
    iampulsariampulsar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So ******n Glad I've stopped putting money into this game after I bought LTS last year, feel sorry for those who purchased Legacy packs.

Seriously guys, its not worth putting any more money into this developers pocket, they have a 1001 way to rob us of our hard earned cash with lockbox's, repsecs, "sale" packs.. but its obvious they cant tell their elbows from their a**holes when it comes to ensuring a game is run smoothly.

Sure, this is an MMO and they all encounter problems like this.. but this really is CANCER.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sense.... another emergency patch coming in.... in 5..4..3..2..2..2..2..
  • Options
    phipiaphipia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still having trouble.
  • Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am so tired of this. I haven't been able to log in to the game once since LoR went live. I was really looking forward to this. It worked fine for me during open beta on the Tribble server.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonut01 wrote: »
    Come on guys, again, this is why people spend money on this game. It is to help resolve issues like this. What are you spending the lockbox money on??

If I were to venture a guess I would say: Lunch at the Hilton, Lunch with Paris Hilton or Lunch on top of Paris Hilton. Take your pick. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    akistosakistos Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am experiencing this error for the very first time.

it's actually a competition to see which of three errors can attack me first: "login failed for unknown reasons," "Timed out connecting to game server" or "Cannot retrieve maps" (something like that)
This discussion has been closed.