What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I pay my bill here every month, I pay my power bill as well you don't see me having to keep trying to get my lights to come on.

Cryptic, I understand you just went live a few days ago, but this happened a few days ago, why isn't this taken care of when you already have the servers down and are patching?
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    zagadekezagadeke Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still trying to get in, nice one cryptic you increased the amount of downtime to ensure it works and BAM MEGA FAIL!!!
  • Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're doing our final checks -- should have you back in-game within 10-15 minutes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hm, I thought preventing things like this is exactly what 'final checks' are for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good grief. I thought you guys had fixed this bug!

Is this game held together with sticky tape?

If I wanted all these ups and downs I would have gone to a fun fair. Certainly be easier to get in, thats for sure.

And it is certainly disturbing that the error reads "Login failed for UNKNOWN reason", that says to me you haven't got a clue!
  • Options
    dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue and whatever is causing problems for the game can be linked to the STO website and forums with error messages popping up when trying to go from one screen to another
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this as well. slow character selects and login failures. I logged on to my kdf fine to begin with. I tried switching to my Fed and now this.

And the forum is slow to respond as well.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    fletch246xxxfletch246xxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow

Just........Wow
  • Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree this is nuts. Personally this is frustrating as all i want to do is get an hour or two of sto in before i head to work, I guess i am going to go leave it for now and move on to another game for a couple of hours.

They really need to find out A) what is going on and B) fix it as it seems lots of folks are having issues with logging in, slow loading speeds since they did a patch today that supposedly fixes server stability....
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    lpabonlpabon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same exact problem. Get as close as loading map but most stuck on getting list of char. but always seem to end back at login screen stating login area. I just got to toon selction and a mesg came up asking if i wantted to login safe mode or normal. still on a loading screen really slow...oh now im back at login screen says that login failed for unkown reason *sigh..
  • Options
    resurgent1resurgent1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Granted LoR is cool content, but with all the patches someone forgot to feed the server hamster:o:(:mad:
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a joke now criptic, it was working fine b4 the patch. why did you patch it???? what didn't work the mail, the sound? them didn't work, fix it, FIX IT!!!! PLEASE fix it
  • Options
    karitas01karitas01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mendarie wrote: »
    Seems to take a long time for characters to load then I get an error about maps, it game me the option to use a "safe" map or a normal login. I choose safe..... didn't help.

this

was fine before todays patch for me.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im also getting this problem again, yesterday everything was working fine, and today its broken again :(
    edited May 2013
    Well aint this a kick to the head :<
  • Options
    v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline: Legacy of Maintenance...

Well done Cryptic!
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • Options
    drakelfiredrakelfire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login Failed for unknown reason, as while and I don't normal have this issue. I am guessing patch change something.
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am glad to hear the log in problem is resolved--less so that it actually isn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's probably a good idea to keep trying to log in. It might help them track the source of the problem. That's just a hypothesis.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here "Login failed for unknown reason". After waiting 3 hours for maintenance today I wanted to unwind playing this game, but thats not happening. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    cheyrnoblcheyrnobl Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing the same "Login failed for unknown reason"

I tried several times and finally got to character screen in which it was taking forever to load any of my characters. I created a Romulan character and then when it went to load up, I got the login error again. I am now stuck on the same login error loop again.

Take it off your Resolved issues list for now cryptic, it hasn't been resolved.
    cc9efaec920f318ef8a1b6184b623258.gif
  • Options
    wisdomssonwisdomsson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep its happening to me to asked if i wanted to try a safe login and it didn't work it seems to have there about 58% when the map is loading says failed to login do to unknown reason
  • Options
    jamesmcalisterjamesmcalister Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It could be the amount of influx on the forum servers that's causing the lag. Gotta admit, there's probably a LOT of people (oh, say around 20,000 on average) checking threads like this and updates to this stuff EVERY SECOND or so.
  • Options
    stonut01stonut01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys, again, this is why people spend money on this game. It is to help resolve issues like this. What are you spending the lockbox money on??
  • Options
    landron222landron222 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Cryptic / Perfect World,

Please fix the server. I have a even better idea how about you stop taking the servers down for "maintenance" when all you do is break something. Are you guys that hard up for work that you feel the need to break something just so you have something to fix? I just don't get it sure a bug once in awhile with a patch or maintenance is one thing but this is every day now and it isn't like you guys didn't have time to prepare with the test server.

Someone needs to get their head out of their rear and stop messing things up and let us play. If you are going to take the server down to "fix something or for maintenance" then do that otherwise as the saying goes ........ IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Yours Truely,

A Costumer :)
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been trying to get into the game for three days now and even after the patch still nothing. I am ready to depart the star trek online game system for good. The last time I saw this kind of problems is when MSN came out with Windows Vista. Thats probably what the server runs on...
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have been in once since the maint today.....
    trying again with a unknown issue
    aaaahhhhhh
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hm maybe i should ask random people on the street what may be the reason why we cant log into sto again? maybe one of them knows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shulauhshulauh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once again there is a problem and its gonna take HOURS before they NOTICE it .......... wake the f... up and do something for god sakes u break the game then vanish for hours .... lame.... i looked up the box on the top of the page u said "Login failed for unknown reason" error was resolved? WAKE UP CUZ ITS NOT
  • Options
    jnaraijnarai Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, server's are back up from shard maintenance and I'm still getting the 'Login failed for unknown reason' error. Maybe make sure the issue's resolved before listing services as back online?
  • Options
    simph1007simph1007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right Freaking Again Craptic I See. Was Working Fine Last Nite And You Go An TRIBBLE It Up Yet Again!!!! No Wonder Everyone Is Po'ed This Is Un Freaking Real
    And I For One Am Beyond And I Repeat Beyond Po'ed!!!!!

Well I am so glad someone likes this game to cry baby about it. We play on servers. Servers break down from time to time. Every mmorpg game in existence who makes major updates always have a week or so after patch with problems. So please get a life and enjoy it whilst they fix the server problem. :)
This discussion has been closed.