test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• mechamorbomechamorbo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a character that's been doing this for more than 24 hours now, stuck at 94% trying to get to Sol

I'm just going to keep waiting though. Not to be a dink, but only one person has said that Support said any of that, and I kind of find it hard to believe that they would.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bloody over my dead body that I will delete my main character that holds all my dilithium, EC's, items that I have reserved for LoR, lock box ships and such. If this isn't fixed by noon, today, I am tended to inform CBS Inc about certain illegal aspects of this game and the mal treatment of the user by Cryptic/PWE, to revoke the license of Star Trek to this company. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowdash wrote: »
    Actually, corruption is indicated. There's no other good explanation.
    Corruption or not, it's an issue we've probably all had in the past, and we'll all have again in the future.

The only difference is that this time, there's no "safe logon" option, to go back to the last map you were on.

ETA: 94.14 for my stuck point.
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Bloody over my dead body that I will delete my main character that holds all my dilithium, EC's, items that I have reserved for LoR, lock box ships and such. If this isn't fixed by noon, today, I am tended to inform CBS Inc about certain illegal aspects of this game and the mal treatment of the user by Cryptic/PWE, to revoke the license of Star Trek to this company. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!

I was frying to think of a good reply to this bug it's really not worth actually replying to
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    you have alts this is not an account wide problem it's just certain toons are stuck and they are trying to fix the problem.
    What about the players that either a) don't have alts, or b) have a main character, and their other characters are very minor? Hell, I have 6 characters, and even I'm a little irritated by this (granted, the stuck one's a Tuffli-captain Ferengi holding about 175M EC).

In a game where more and more items/ships are bound to character rather than account*, which seems to encourage players to only have one main character, being effectively locked out of that character with no warning and no guarantee that the character will come back in the same condition it got stuck can be devastating.

*such as Lobi, fleet ships, lockbox ships, and to a lesser extent reputation and gear. Even EC and dilithium can't be moved to your alts when you can't actually GET to the stuck character's UI.
    edited May 2013
    What about the players that either a) don't have alts, or b) have a main character, and their other characters are very minor? Hell, I have 6 characters, and even I'm a little irritated by this (granted, the stuck one's a Tuffli-captain Ferengi holding about 175M EC).

In a game where more and more items/ships are bound to character rather than account*, which seems to encourage players to only have one main character, being effectively locked out of that character with no warning and no guarantee that the character will come back in the same condition it got stuck can be devastating.

*such as Lobi, fleet ships, lockbox ships, and to a lesser extent reputation and gear. Even EC and dilithium can't be moved to your alts when you can't actually GET to the stuck character's UI.

it happens to be what it is .. what would be nice is a better response from devs instead of a message saying "we're working on it "
  • zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it seems I'm not the only one with this issue.
    After all the plugs being pulled on the servers, all the lengthy patches, horribly laughable queued wait lists, it seems things have gone back to where the sever stops responding on the load screen at 94%
    It's now day three of this disaster. I know there are worse things that could happen, but all I want to do is play my Fed character.
    Like so many of you, I'm glad I didn't pump money into the LoR expansion. However, for those of you who did who are still experiencing these same issues, you have my sympathies.
    edited May 2013
    arrowdash wrote: »
    Actually, corruption is indicated. There's no other good explanation.

i don't understand where this corruption is coming from ? who said this at first ?

i was playing my character this morning but then had to log off for an hour or so then i came back to this issue ..

there's probably some coding error or something our characters are safe it's just we can't access them.
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    there's probably some coding error or something our characters are safe it's just we can't access them.
    Random thought: is it possible it's not just trying to put us back into the same map, but also the same instance?

If the instance is full (or doesn't exist, in the case of less-travelled areas where you logged out in instance 2, but now instance 1 isn't full so 2 doesn't exist), it gets stuck trying to put you in a slot that isn't there.
  • morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morden2 wrote: »
    I have been sending ticket updates to support since yesterday with no reply..

You should create a customer service number for life time members. It will give more people a reason to get a life time account it should also be available to gold members. Since we are actively paying for the accounts.
  • dekker05dekker05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have nothing useful to add, other than this happened to my main character, transwarping into D'Kel. I have been stuck for a few days now, and any better answer or things to try would be appreciated.
    edited May 2013
    blurrachi wrote: »
    I am beyond annoyed at this point,i wasnt able to get on yesterday,okay but now this morning have the same issue. everytime i log on,im stuck at 94% and then a server not responding pops up and time just runs up to the 1000s,whats up with that.

I am having the exact same problem.. I am so upset. Since its my main character.
  • dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still having the same problem. Stuck at 94%... I really don't want to delete my character to get this to work. Tried all the fixes listed and none have worked. The one time I return to this game this is what happens..so frusturating!
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My toon is not getting stuck, just getting the rubber band feeling (often) and continually being disconnected (6 times in little over an hour).

I did have hope that this update would be better.. :(
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • blurrachiblurrachi Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Day 3 for me Aswell,cant get on my toon. same issue,im in eta eridani though. at this point,im just fed up.
  • blurrachiblurrachi Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeropium wrote: »
    So it seems I'm not the only one with this issue.
    After all the plugs being pulled on the servers, all the lengthy patches, horribly laughable queued wait lists, it seems things have gone back to where the sever stops responding on the load screen at 94%
    It's now day three of this disaster. I know there are worse things that could happen, but all I want to do is play my Fed character.
    Like so many of you, I'm glad I didn't pump money into the LoR expansion. However, for those of you who did who are still experiencing these same issues, you have my sympathies.

i just want to get on my fed also...smh,glad i didnt get the LOR
    edited May 2013
    I've just created a new character and of course it works now lol. I am worried if I get to the same point in the game that it will cause the same issue. Right when I get to level 5 and complete the first main quest in space is when the problem arose.
  • damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posted this thread fto FB - as the new team announcement hit ... got deleted twice ... so team is active in deleteing informations not by fixing bugs
    edited May 2013
    Submitted a ticket for the heck of it and see what happens. Don't have much faith though.
  • zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm all for being patient with things like this.
    Compared to the thousands of other players out there, I'm still relatively new to the game, but I'm just a little antsy because I was just getting into the thick of things. I had started to rack up some very nice EC, and soon I was going to start shopping around for a possible fleet.
    I love the Star Trek universe, and this game really helps put me in touch with it in a fitting, personal way.
    I know the Cryptic team must be doing all they can to fix all these issues and bugs since the LoR release. I mean honestly, if it were my product that was suffering the same fate, I should wouldn't be sitting on my butt laughing at how annoyed and pissed off some of these players are.
    That said, all I can do is occupy myself with other things and hope that thse issues come to an end sooner rather than later.
    edited May 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    My toon is not getting stuck, just getting the rubber band feeling (often) and continually being disconnected (6 times in little over an hour).

I did have hope that this update would be better.. :(

I have been opening tickets like crazy for the 48 Hours and still have not been able to get this resolved. I am hoping customer service will get this resolved before the long holiday weekend.
    edited May 2013
    we're all in the same boat ..

i could always remake my romy as she is only level 10, haven't even taken her new ship out for a test drive yet :(

i was actually enjoying this game it's alot better than when i last tried about a year back
    edited May 2013
    It seams we are not alone.. More and More people are beginning to report the same problem. The sad thing is I filed a bug report on this on tribble while it still was in beta and never got a response. This could have been avoided.
    edited May 2013
    I've just created a new character and of course it works now lol. I am worried if I get to the same point in the game that it will cause the same issue. Right when I get to level 5 and complete the first main quest in space is when the problem arose.

Lucky you, your character was only level 5. For those that have maxed out their character, and have obtained a certain 'welth' in the game, this issue is a disaster.:mad:
    edited May 2013
    Wonders if they can re-roll the characters a bit, error happened when I beamed out from ESD towards my ship :confused:
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Expected problems but a fix for this would be really nice ;___;
  • endeav1endeav1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damadorr wrote: »
    Posted this thread fto FB - as the new team announcement hit ... got deleted twice ... so team is active in deleteing informations not by fixing bugs

There's more than one team you know.

Unless game code is written into forum posts.
  • arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My character got stuck after beaming up from the romulan flotilla into sector space. Once in sector space my ship couldn't move, despite changing speed levels and setting course for different systems. I was able to see other player ships moving around me, and chat was active. I believe this phenomenon was due to extreme lag. When I had been on the flotilla it had taken minutes for items to move between my bank and inventory.

After letting my ship sit in sector space for several minutes, I decided to just try logging out of the character and then logging back in. However, once I selected the character, it got stuck on a map transition. It's been that way ever since. What is interesting is that the map transition screen never indicates a location in the upper right corner, even though the character's location is indicated on the character selection screen. I'm beginning to wonder if my character is literally 'lost in space'!

Really, at this point I just want the gear and ec back that was on the character. Or zen as compensation I guess. However, they really need to make it right for you guys that have main characters stuck in this issue. I can't imagine losing my main character. He's been with me for three years since the beginning of the game. I haven't map transitioned any of my other characters since this happened out of concern that it could happen again.
    edited May 2013
    Only positive note in this matter: my KDF character went from 25 to 48 :)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, this sounds a lot like what happens when you're downloading a large on-demand patch. I regularly get "Server not responding" when doing that, unless it's a small patch. Foundry missions also do it.

Of course, this doesn't explain why all your other characters can do it... :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
This discussion has been closed.