What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only positive note in this matter: my KDF character went from 25 to 48 :)
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, this sounds a lot like what happens when you're downloading a large on-demand patch. I regularly get "Server not responding" when doing that, unless it's a small patch. Foundry missions also do it.

Of course, this doesn't explain why all your other characters can do it... :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wondered that too. I double-checked but I had already turned off on-demand patching long ago.
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started having issues right when I was about to attempt the Helix Mission. Not sure if this is happening at random times or just at this mission.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been disconnected many many times, takes forever to do anything.. there goes playing stf, pvp, missions, etc.. what is the use in playing?
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is happening at random times or just at this mission.
    It's random. People are reporting it in map transitions all over the galaxy.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is working on a resolution to this bug -- it's one of our top priorities.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a thread in the STO General Discussion section of the forum where many people have posted having this problem too. It seems to be randomly affecting only certain characters.

I haven't been able to play as my main kdf toon since Tuesday night. We have gotten a reply from Branflakes saying the devs are looking into the issue, but there is still no eta on a fix.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Brandon -

Any chance you could provide some type of explanation for why this occurred?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is working on a resolution to this bug -- it's one of our top priorities.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the heads up, but shouldn't have happened as this bug was on tribble and reported too;)
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The update is very much appreciated, Brandon. Any chance of getting an explanation as to why this occurred? I notice you called it a bug...
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Any status updates on how this is progressing would be appreciated as well :)
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My fed alien tac was beaming up to ship when "server not responding" started. It will not time out. I left it for almost an hour to see what would happen and "server not responding" continues.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the update .. it's only taken about 5 hours downtime for my character :P

would there be a chance of an ETA or something to roll back out toons for like 5 minutes ?
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    doktorrenzdoktorrenz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still got this Problem since 3 days... it is horrible..

Doktorrenz@trunksberlin83

sol system
  • Options
    jcdiosjcdios Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the same here..I even unistalled and reinstalled the game twice. I can see my character ,I select it and then the numbers up on the rigth hand side get stuck in 94.04 , Im bloody pissed off its been like this for two days, i did complain, there is no suitable answer tough.
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordrezeon wrote: »
    There is a thread in the STO General Discussion section of the forum where many people have posted having this problem too. It seems to be randomly affecting only certain characters.

I haven't been able to play as my main kdf toon since Tuesday night. We have gotten a reply from Branflakes saying the devs are looking into the issue, but there is still no eta on a fix.

First Good news I have heard.. I am desperate to get my main back on line.. Since I have poured some much into it.. Everyone having this problem please keep posting so we can keep attention on it :)
  • Options
    pissonyoutoopissonyoutoo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, twice entering in PVE queue, got me stacked in "server not responding" loop,
    now i get "login server time out"

Edit: I got "Login server time out" because i changed the proxy to EU
  • Options
    valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdescaa wrote: »
    > > > Hi Captains! The team is investigating an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. Thanks for your patience! < < <

ok ok 2 days I cant play, i write on forums while i cant play
    ok ill be patient CR?PTIC
    22/05/13 11:25 AM Still not resolved.

23/05/13 12:00 UTC Still not working
    on one character on Regulus Sector Block. can you please move me to another map that can acces bank mail and duty?

23/05/13 15:15 UTC Still not resolved
    on one character on Regulus Sector Block. can you please move me to another map that can acces bank mail and duty?
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    endeav1endeav1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Everyone would love to be moved as well, but no dice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If it were that easy none of us would be posting on here and were i personally am unable to play the game.

I myself only have 1 character and she's stuck in the unresponsive server bug.

If I can't play her later on I may make a Klingon or something to pass the time.

But from the looks of things I may be waiting a fair while yet.
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    If I can't play her later on I may make a Klingon or something to pass the time.
    Do it, you know you want to. We're not that bad on the red side :cool:

You could even make a Romulan and bring them to the KDF if you want, but it's not the same as playing as a true KDF warrior on the hunt for glory.
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I have gotten no real help from customer service on this. They just respond look at the forums. If that was the answer I would have this solved already :D
  • Options
    jymowardjymoward Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My post got moved into this thread, but the reason I posted it separately is that it's not the same problem.

I get:

Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried 24 times.

Then this:

Unable to establish connection to the Patch Server.

Unable to establish connection is NOT the same as having a character stuck in a map.

So, is my issue being worked on, or being swept under the rug?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jymoward wrote: »
    My post got moved into this thread, but the reason I posted it separately is that it's not the same problem.

I get:

Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried 24 times.

Then this:

Unable to establish connection to the Patch Server.

Unable to establish connection is NOT the same as having a character stuck in a map.

So, is my issue being worked on, or being swept under the rug?

dude yours sounds like a completely diffrent issue i would keep submitting your ticket or something as that doesn;t even belong in this thread.

we can all login, we have no connection issues, it's just our characters are stuck in some S**T limbo and the customer support doesn;t even know whats going on.

but at the end of the day i thank god it's this company and not EA or SOE lol their have to be the very much pretty completely worst at having any kind of customer support.

i have given up and hopefully may be able to get on later on when i get back in , right now i am gonna try and forget about them not doing much and go out for a few with a mate .
  • Options
    damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greetings Player,

Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is important!

After a major launch there is always a huge spike in players.

> STO: The Legacy of Romulus expansion has proven to be very popular, and so there are unfortunately busy login servers and a queue (line) that some of you will have to wait in. Things should should smooth out in the coming weeks as things get improved and adapted. We very much appreciate your patience and dedication to your game!

Please try again later today and see if you have a better time getting in.

Please go over the info we have below, as some of it can help you with the most common problems.

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching in Options on the game launcher and try the game again.

You can try using one of the Cryptic Proxy connections in the Options on the game launcher to connect with and see if that helps you temporarily.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client. If you are having problems with the launcher, you can try replacing it for your game:

STO: http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, remote computer access or control software, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

-> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues.

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
    IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

You may need to check with your internet provider, your network device's Help or Support resources, on how to do so.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?

Pragmatically Yours,

Your Perfect World Tech Support Team.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/ or https://support.perfectworld.com/

===> Check out our latest game, Neverwinter! http://nw.perfectworld.com/

You also have a chance to win 500 Zen in a monthly drawing,
    by simply completing our survey after your ticket is solved. We value your feedback! =)
  • Options
    serlo371serlo371 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The changing area screen. Stuck at "Server not responding" for more than 5 minutes.

I am having this issue as well on my new Romulan Character. I beamed out of Drozna Station and hit the eternal loading screen. Now every time I try to log into that character it hangs there forever at the loading screen.

All my other character load fine.

Very frustrating. :mad:

PS: I now have two characters stuck in loading screen of death. Brutal Cryptic, just brutal.
  • Options
    damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess what - NOT WORKING :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think all of us who have characters caught in this map loading/server not responding bug should get a special character title of "The Next Phase"...
This discussion has been closed.