test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    branflakes just posted in this thread. i think you'll be in good hands now. maybe start an alt?

I hope so, except that he already took the issue off of the header earlier when it hadn't yet been resolved. Perhaps he was told that tonight's patch would resolve it. I'm glad it's listed again as an issue though.

I was going to make another alt, but i'm hesitant to until I hear more about what's going on with this issue.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This hit me right before the maintenance. I was having fun with my new Romulan too, but now I can't play. Hits 94, then loses the server. Work on my other two characters, but not the Romulan.

All the issues I am aware of were from the original LOR patch, if you just had this happen it seems to be getting worse. I have seen some others that were fine and now not after this latest patch.
  • velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have my main toon stuck in between map changes with an endless "server not responding"

frustrating and maddening. All other toons work just fine.
  • deathrayne665deathrayne665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im having the same issue, my main is in the alpha centuri sector block and i do hit the "server not responding" timer every so often but it never lasts more than a few minutes at most... this tiem however its seemingly endless and i need to exit the game manually, i am currently unable to log into my main at all.

Im not sure if it makes a difference but i was sitting on that same "server not responding" loading screen when the servers went down for emergency maintenance... i didnt know they were down untill i exited the game manually and went to re-log.

I hope they resolve the issue soon as i would like to get back to playing my main cahracter!

oh and im playing in the UK so its actually 4:20AM
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are not alone.

I just don't understand why people keep trying to suggest client side solutions to what can be nothing other than a server side problem.
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowdash wrote: »
    If the problem persists they recommend deleting the character.
    arrowdash wrote: »
    can't transfer any of the items off of the character that's stuck in eternal "server not responding" limbo.

This... is basically the pinnacle of MMO Unforgivable Sins. It's the sort of thing that usually leads to roll backs.
  • velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frankly, I'm enraged. I have over 300 dollars invested in my toon, maybe more, who is stuck and not accessible. sadly, i just looked, and I've spent over 750 dollars in the last 10 months on this account, most of it on my main toon.

I have almost 100 keys saved up on him, a wells, maxed rep, everything, and I can't play him due to this server error.

If he's corrupted and broken....
  • endeav1endeav1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velldun wrote: »
    Frankly, I'm enraged. I have over 300 dollars invested in my toon, maybe more, who is stuck and not accessible. sadly, i just looked, and I've spent over 750 dollars in the last 10 months on this account, most of it on my main toon.

I have almost 100 keys saved up on him, a wells, maxed rep, everything, and I can't play him due to this server error.

If he's corrupted and broken....

Nowhere is it indicated that corruption has occured, someone on this forum just mentioned it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • doktorrenzdoktorrenz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Day 3.. same problem.. my main char won?t go.. thats horrible.. -.-
    What did they do there? count the money from the romulus legavy packs?..Damm -.-
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so normally I don't get angry at a game.
    BUT since this game is far more popular than CO (Cryptic's other game) I almost expected better management (It isn't a very high standard to hold to when CO only has 2 devs) however, since I joined, I have been able to level up my character well and good until being caught in massive login queues AND my server stops responding every time my loading reaches 95.5%, I'm just wondering when they're gonna fix these issues.:confused:

My main character is Blackflight
  • champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't in the Sol system.
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems they fix one problem and another pops up .. do they beta test anything or just throw it all online?
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is, I've been playing a Romulan in the meantime and it seems that those horrible latency issues are gone. Shame I can't play my character...
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so normally I don't get angry at a game.
    BUT since this game is far more popular than CO (Cryptic's other game) I almost expected better management (It isn't a very high standard to hold to when CO only has 2 devs) however, since I joined, I have been able to level up my character well and good until being caught in massive login queues AND my server stops responding every time my loading reaches 95.5%, I'm just wondering when they're gonna fix these issues.:confused:

An expansion for the game (Legacy of Romulus) just launched, so there are issues to be expected. Tons of people wanting to login, along with the launch-day bugs and glitches.

Give it a week, maybe 2 at most, and everything will be stable again.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • jymowardjymoward Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For more than 24 hours, can't even connect to the launcher!

Never even see a queue!

Never see a patch!

Never get to the game at all.

Every time:

Unable to connect to the patch server.

Let's get this fixed shall we???
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Several of us still can't log-on to the game, 36 hours after the launch of the new expansion. The patch crashes our launcher every time; the patch was a function which worked just fine prior to the Legacy of Romulus. So we are completely locked out of Star Trek Online. (I'm posting here because the appropriate forum does not allow comments...imagine that!)
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much what alarikun said. An expansion usually attracts a ton of new people to log in all at once. Things should normalize in about a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    those those people who are sorry can;t think of a better word "whining" about how much they ahve spent in the last year or whatnot ..

you have alts this is not an account wide problem it's just certain toons are stuck and they are trying to fix the problem.

don't get me wrong, i badly want to play my character who is stuck but i cannot i am simply forced to browse the forums .. but i hate it when people complain that they have "paid" so much for something. every mmo has issues and name any mmo that has had an expansion of the quality go off without a hitch .. and i mean quality as i love the changes they have done ..

A couple hours of not being to play .. makes me angry but it's not going anywhere and will be still fun when it comes up .
  • tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    After the Maintenance on 5/21 I logged on to my KDF toon Tinah@Etwidomaylo and after setting up some doff missions I attempted to Approach Deep Space Nine. After a few seconds the loading screen displayed the "server is not responding" message in small red letter top center of my screen and it just stayed that way. No white text to the top left about updating files nothing.

Over the last two days I have tried several times to log on to that character with the same result. I can log on to my other 5 toons including the Romulan toon I created after the May 21st Expansion and play just fine but my KDF toon named above is in Loading Screen oblivion.

Someone in my fleet suggested just giving it some time and I did. I selected that toon from my character list and went to bed for over 3.5 hours and when I got up, my game client was still stuck at the Loading screen.

I opened a GM ticket about this yesterday and as I fully expected from PWE's stellar customer support, I have received no response.

So now I am approaching 3 days of not being able to refine Dilithium. Three days, no Doff missions, no commendation reports. Three days no STF's or Fleet Events to contribute to my progression in the new reputation grind. Three days of hoping the next Emergency Maintenance will fix the problem.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    those those people who are sorry can;t think of a better word "whining" about how much they ahve spent in the last year or whatnot ..

you have alts this is not an account wide problem it's just certain toons are stuck and they are trying to fix the problem.

don't get me wrong, i badly want to play my character who is stuck but i cannot i am simply forced to browse the forums .. but i hate it when people complain that they have "paid" so much for something. every mmo has issues and name any mmo that has had an expansion of the quality go off without a hitch .. and i mean quality as i love the changes they have done ..

A couple hours of not being to play .. makes me angry but it's not going anywhere and will be still fun when it comes up .

What if someone fried your PC, rendering it utterly useless and effectively preventing you from accessing any of the data on the drive? Would you be happy if someone said "Shut up whining, you still have that calculator over there to play with"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
    edited May 2013
    What if someone fried your PC, rendering it utterly useless and effectively preventing you from accessing any of the data on the drive? Would you be happy if someone said "Shut up whining, you still have that calculator over there to play with"?

ok pc i would be peed off as it would mean no forums no internet nothing,and you taking that out of proportion trying to compare the likes of pc to calculator but i have played mmo's for a damn long time and not being able to access one character not such a big deal.

there are alts i am not locked out of my account, i am not stuck in a 20k queue like yesturday.

it's just a bug which i have faith they will fix sooner rather than later .

i just don;t like it when people complain about something that makes them sound like their better than anyone else .. simple as..
  • teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there anyway that i get my main toon back while i`m still alive ?

i would like to go again on stf but even after the new patch i cant still get acces to it:(
  • wnxkrowwnxkrow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same thing has happened to me while trying to leave DS9. My other characters load fine, but 1 is lost in load screen trying to load the DS9 exterior area Map.:(

Other than that, This game is the greatest! :) Seriously.
  • dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Join the club mate. Not in a queue anymore but i am back to the "server not responding" thing again. (at the time of posting its at 800.06 sec for the 6th time). I give up :mad:
  • neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here, all other toon work fine just my main that is being stuck in a parrallel universe betwen the esd and fleet star base.
    i have created a romulan toon, it work fine.
    this is the same probleme that i have in tribble while testing romulan.
    this is 3 day since i haven't been able to refine dilithium or work on my nukara reputation
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still stuck in that Server Not Responding error with my main character !!! This character is holding all my EC's, Diltihium, items saved for the LoR and more !!! LIBERATE IT NOW !!!!
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • meluistmeluist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just adding myself to the list of those hoping for a fix to this soon.

Since late yesterday (22/5/2013) I have had one character locked into the 'Server not Responding' loop as well.

They are a Liberated Borg Romulan, Level 4 who was exiting from the Flotilla to Tau Dewa when the loop first hit.
  • brainsoupbrainsoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a fed chracter that beamed to ship from sol (just after patch)
    now stuck on server not respnding :mad:
  • damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #130523-000407 ticket sent ...
  • balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously?

please fix this, the game is completely pointless if my main character, the one that I have hundreds of dollars invested in, is stuck between Earth Space Dock and SOL System....
This discussion has been closed.