test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started at 25125 out of 25134.

Not ranting here, just consider yourself 18K ahead of me.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    chiefrocka1chiefrocka1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was so excited to grab a few of the new lockboxes and buy a few keys... Currently place 21,508 out of 23,106. First MMO I've encountered that has a way of preventing you from spending money on it with huge queue lines haha.

Hopefully they decide to add more servers soon, this is nuts.
  • Options
    gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My favourite assertion from Lifers and Gold players is that they Cryptic should kick Silver players out of the server to make room for them to log in. I laugh. Bitterly.

And I do so because I honestly believe that they feel that entitled.

I know of people who spent 400 bucks on their XBOX - a machine which is legally THEIRS upon purchase. They go on to modify the machine in some way. But if connected to the internet, Microsoft fries modified machines remotely, forcing you to end up having to pay money to have it fixed.

Do you think Cryptic would survive a week under the same sort of model of "f*k the user"? Silver players spend more money than Lifers. I've put way more than 200 dollars into my game, to buy ships, account upgrades, and items. I don't get a stipend. So you getting queue priority is a PRIVILEGE.
  • Options
    sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Around 4 - 6 AM is easy to get in. I jsut kinda accept that is the way I will be playing over the next few weeks.

The update has a weird color feel to it Im not sure I like.

You all shouldn?t be so quick to throw the free to play people under the bus. In game they are usually the best players for the equipment they are given and the few purchases they make. They are by far the most fun to be on a team with even if we all just blow up most of the time.

Personally I love the look especially the UI. The game feels more clean and crisp plus the UI reminds me of Star Trek Birth of the Federation which had my most favorite game UI of all time.
    They put a lot of work into making the game look better and it shows.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andyvh501 wrote: »
    omg down to 2000, but knowing my luck ill get in game for a whole 5 mins and get booted.

I had this fun already this morning.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *joins rantcorner*

I started at 24k out of 25k ish and now about half an hour later I'm at 19k out of 23k.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is another greedy try to get more subscriptions, i would not be surprised at all.
    But i would rather go playing games on my old C-64 than support this incredible greed that seems to have no boundaries anymore. It's disgusting.

Everybody who ever payed for this: You have my sincere compassion.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone should be happy that the game is so popular right now, it's a good thing.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwo i love sto and understand there are issues right now but been in quere to join for 2 hours now was down to 2000 wait then i timed out now im set back to 22364 i am trying to be patient but i think all players who are waiting should recieve a free ingame item for inconivience like a starter pack or a skill point booster pack there errors and wait time are beyond unacceptale
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...I guess Dilithium is drying up :P
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is, that some people don't have as much free time as others.

Most people are ok with a small amount of Queue time. However, 4 hour wait to play, is wrong.

They need money for this game to run and keep being updated. How do they get money? By letting players play. So they are losing way to much. That is not good for you gamers or them.

In the end, they got to get their **** together for people who like this game and for people want to play
  • Options
    shale087shale087 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chr22 wrote: »
    you can stress test until the hardrive melts you can pick every bug out of a game, you can program the game to run perfectly, but you'll always have problems. People are too used to perfect launches

This isn't a launch. This is an update for a game that has been around for a couple years now. The fact that this game, and other games Cryptic and PW have made already have had server issues is in no way new and should in no way have surprised them.

If I had to guess what the real reason behind this is, then I would go with PW being their usual selves and keeping the proper funding to have STO's hosting hardware upgraded in favor of their new cash cow, Neverwinter.

It's frustrating for any player who has played enough different MMOs to know that things like this shouldn't happen. Bugs? Sure. Broken quests? Fine. But hardware stress issues on a game that's years beyond it's initial release? That's just unacceptable. Not even to mention anyone who's been with this game, or CO should know that PW is cheap, doesn't care about their customers, and will do whatever they can to milk a product dry. STO is no different, nor will Neverwinter be any different a few years from now.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am now down to 5167 out of 22883. Getting better.
  • Options
    thedderz1thedderz1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I left the queue going and after 94 minutes I'm still only up to 4000. Its a shame that all modern releases nowadays under estimate the stress put on log in servers on release day. I understand costs have to be kept to a minimum but I cant imagine how much lost revenue they will have from those of us unable to log in and play.

I bought the Starter pack and haven't been able to try the content yet, I'm happy to come back in a day or two when things are hopefully resolved by the company however as someone who was tempted with the LTS last night, I now have no interest in purchasing a subscription which means that I still have to queue. I'll keep that money for something else.

Not meant to be a moan, just a perspective from a casual gamer who just, well wants to game and not queue.

However its good to see that a game that I thought was dying before PWE stepped in is going so strong :)
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is another greedy try to get more subscriptions, i would not be surprised at all.
    But i would rather go playing games on my old C-64 than support this incredible greed that seems to have no boundaries anymore. It's disgusting.

Everybody who ever payed for this: You have my sincere compassion.

Hey now. The Commodore 64 ruled for it's day.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knerdy wrote: »
    Seriously a login queue and over 25,000 people in queue?

And you want people to spend money to waiting in line?

No thanks.

If you want me to spend my hard earned money then it's time to start regional servers, or get more up. I have better things to do than wait in line for hours.

This is ridiculous.

Guess I won't be getting that lifetime subscription after all.

You just started playing this in Feb (or at least that's when your forum join date is) and you're going to complain about a login queue on a game that just had a massive expansion and overhaul.

STFU, get your diaper changed and take your nappy. I joined in queue at 25,0042 and it's almost down to under 10,000 now. Do you see me complaining....NOPE!!. Why, because I've invested money in this game for the items I wanted and knew this game had potential if it only had the resources. If you don't know the history of the games development then go look it up. Now the game has the resources it needed and this is the result, a huge expansion and a whole new influx of people wanting to play. That's a good thing, not something to ***** about.

The higher the login queue the better, because it shows us all that we were right to invest in the future of this game and all of their hardwork is paying off. It's not that big of a deal just login, hit the queue line and then do something else for awhile and check back to see what position you're at every once in awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chr22 wrote: »
    you can stress test until the hardrive melts you can pick every bug out of a game, you can program the game to run perfectly, but you'll always have problems. People are too used to perfect launches

Not just that.

Some LTS/Golds think that silvers should be completely kicked from the server when a LTS/Gold is trying to log on.

Ignoring that the "free" players have likely sunk money into the game too via the cash store, in some cases well over the price of a full charge LTS membership, just spread out over a year instead of in a lump sum.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic should reward everyone with a playable Q character, complete with the "Win Everything" space and ground abilities.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    want some cake? a winning lottery ticket? World peace?
  • Options
    gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    stress testing and still having problems is a true thing, however...

this ****storm of an expansion event is

well let's just say it's poorly executed.

Quite similar to Tribble bugs, tribble bugs are pointed out, devs say thanks, players say np, tribble bug almost always ends up in holodeck.

Idk, I don't think I've seen quality control this bad since that last final fantasy mmo inital release. The whole staff there was "reshuffled" and the game was remade from scratch. Now it isn't so bad :), heads just need to roll. Nothing personal, just business.

Bad? I haven't seen an expansion come up that fast, nor that stable, or require as little stability-mending downtime. And i used to pay for WoW. For like, 5 years. Every expansion day was a connection nightmare.
  • Options
    zwarfelzwarfel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thought I'd take a gamble and switch toons....mistake...23805 of 24004. :eek:

Welcome to the club. Down to 4444 now. Will play something else for some weeks until everything calms down again.
  • Options
    roosterrider80roosterrider80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Entertained right now.. has anyone else other then myself thought to login the perfect world site and do the surveys while they wait. Its free ZEN... just a thought
    Boldly going where most men and Ferengi have gone before...come here Leeta!
  • Options
    coffee2119coffee2119 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the hell never seen any game on the net where u have to queue just to play...... 21281 in the queue only for it to disconnect after about 20 min of play time to get back in the queue and wait about 3 hrs or more ....really have messed up here
  • Options
    chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the one day i get off and i cant play STO 25000 out of 25000

Normally i dont say anything...but come on cryptic you should have know after your big update lots of people would want to play..either you need more servers or have STO on there own ones

3 hours of waiting..walked the dog X2 and done my food shop...still waiting!!
    4058756.jpg
  • Options
    emrakoolemrakool Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login queues = peace out STO maybe ill come play this game when they get a big boy server.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emrakool wrote: »
    good lord i might even go outside.:mad:

:eek:
    Let's not get crazy about this!!
    Be reasonable, mon!!!

Seriously there's this big bright thing outside that burns the skin and hurts the eyes when you look at it!!!
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    blackknight875blackknight875 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is got to be the worst idea i ever seen sto implament. you basiclly have to weight a good hour before you can play the game in the login queue while the system bottle necks people into the game. is there server really that lowsy that you have to resort to such a pout system? i seen dozen of people in our fleet and others just walk away from the game and say the hell with it. reaaly you all sould of planed for this allong time ago to serve this amount of custemers in a more efective maner so people just dont lose intrest ingame because it takes a rediculace long time to log in.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people also think their the only person who has a LTS and that they are number one, and the only special person.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a Reman, waited well over an hour to actually get to Virinat, then realized I forgot to save my UI configuration.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    qwarknessqwarkness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I promise you. If I have to go through this que everytime I log in, I will quit. I am not alone! I WOULD RATHER HAVE LAG IN THE GAME THAN HAVE TO WAIT 6 HOURS TO LOG ON! THIS IS NOT TEMPORARY! FACE IT! YOU HAVE 20K-50K PPL ON MOST OF THE TIME! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! BEEN W8ING 1 HOUR AND STILL 15K OUT OF 23K. FIRST YOU BOG DOWN MY INTERNET WITH HOURS OF GLITCHY PATCHES, THEN THIS! I HATE YOU!