test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already created mine and it really is worth wait though i wont like it one bit once i log back on but i know she's waiting for me as im waiting to log in :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gallothrix wrote: »
    Maybe I should play some Star Wars TOR instead.
    Go ahead. I played 2 hours of STO, 2 hours of SWTOR, and an hour of LotRO already today. The reason there are so many games out there to play is to help deal with the emotional turmoil of another game being down or having issues. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Queue

"Hail USS Queue Now!!!!!"

"Your hail has been placed in a queue and our crew will respond to your threats as soon as possible. Your current place is 9999999999/10000000000

"Fire Everything" :D
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ques...again...2nd straight day...disappointed
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
    edited May 2013
    This queue is really getting me very angry.

You zone, get kicked out of the game, and then having to get back in the stupid Queue in a long line!

How the heck are we supposed to do Events?

Life NEVER works out the way you want it... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm 12360 out of 13708 no thanks ill play a other game
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • malachicartwrighmalachicartwrigh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's 18:50 UK time (17:50 UTC), and the queue's just passed 13,000. If the extra's coming from newbie Romulans clutching even just a starter pack, surely there must be enough shekels in Cryptic's bank account to pay for extra server power? Surely they must have realised that more people were going to want to play at once? Puzzling for computer geeks not realise this...perhaps they're suffering from a temporal anomaly, they're still in 2007..:(
    ...Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion?...
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damn Scotty put down the bottle and get this line moving.
  • phonz42phonz42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12,306 out of 13,777 currently.
  • fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2204 out of 13543 ...i can finally watch some daytime tv for a change ...lol
    edited May 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    yim 12360 out of 13708 no thanks ill play a other game

Have fun then, more room for people who want to play STO :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is just mostly the European players. Wait until the US players start hitting the system in 4/5 hours. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • kilosoldierkilosoldier Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue is simply because of two reasons, both dealing with infrastructure on Cryptics end.

1. They were not prepared and or didnt plan properly for server load.
    2. They knew it would be rough going and understood expected server load and knew the current configuration would not be able to handle the workload but didnt address the issue because of financial reasons.

Either way...not sure it sheds a positive light on Cryptic.
    edited May 2013
    9906 of 14070 - its moving...very...very...slowly started at 12562 30 in ago

• shoopamaniusshoopamanius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13288 out of 14115?! really?! I've never waited in the 3 years of this game.
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want warp speed now Scotty, ona side note, I did notice when I was actually on, the excelsior ship's deflector scoop was oval shaped now, instead of round, not sure whats going on there
  • pygmalion42pygmalion42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13,203 out 13,267.

TRIBBLE that, gonna play skyrim.
  • nammuknammuk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope not me. It seems I managed to avoid most if not all problems.. apart from mail glitches. But this queue together with my unstable connection is making this game impossible to play, each time I get disconnected I get stuck in queue again. Anyway, doesn't matter my ISP is to blame there.. on other hand..

I wonder what is maximum player capacity for STO?

< NW joke> I am pretty sure if NW wasn't here we'd have these extra 15k players from queue in game in no time :D
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent quite a bit of money on this game. (Hint: that's that stuff you spend when you take mommy's credit card. ) I'd like to see my money in action, thankyouverymuch.

Meanwhile, TRIBBLE off.

At least he admitted he bought stuff whilst taking mommy's credit card. Next step is getting out of the basement during the queue and mowing the lawn ;)
  • inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems the last 1K is taking longer than the other 10K of spots... must be more people giving up at the higher numbers ;)

Let's face it, if you do manage to get into the server, are you ever going to log off? Nope! Unless they start randomly booting people after e.g. an hour's play, I don't see that last 1K of the queue moving at anything other than glacial speed.

What annoys me is that there's just no call for this. Servers are virtualised and commoditised now to the point where you can move them across the 'net even whilst they are still running. It's a phone call to add another rack - or 10 racks - to your capacity, and with a good hosting partner you can do this for short periods of time without major cost penalty.
  • jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am starting to appreciate the Vulcan 7 year dry spell :D See you all next Pon Far when STO might (And I stress might) be working lol
    edited May 2013
    I want warp speed now Scotty

the enterprise's warp drive is consistently bugged

• captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

Hey PWE! this is a instant instant world! We Want it now or we go else ware to spend our money! You cant keep up you lose! ITS THE WAY IT IS!

I for one will not spend another dime on this TRIBBLE, I feel like I have waste all the money I have spent up to now. And even if they get it fixed.. If ever.... I will still not spend any money for anything again. I feel coned. I am even think about calling the cc card company and telling them I did not get what I paid for and disputer there 124.00 transaction. I DID NOT GET WHAT I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET OR PROMISTED!

Simple as that....
  • lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is one major flaw that Cryptic is not considering: Its just gone 6PM here in the UK and i am having to wait in a que of 13,000, i'm patient but i should imagine that our US cousins are just waking up or having lunch and only NOW getting onto their computers to play STO.

My point is this, by the time UK players have finished their choirs/work/college what ever a very large fan base over there in the states are jumping onto their comps to play STO, has anyone noticed the population in the que jumping up in the thousands in the last hour ?? Cryptic you are dis-enfranchising European fans/players, effectively losing money from over seas.

I Don't blame Cryptic for the abysmal launch and neither should other players here, i expected trouble in the first place, but i'd advise Cryptic to jump on the back of PWE to install more servers or i promise STO WILL be dying as a game in over a year.

The LoR launch was supposed to make money, not lose it ?
  • fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13288 out of 14115?! really?! I've never waited in the 3 years of this game.

well....your gonna wait now......lol 1200 out of 14255
  • gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captain... I cannot break tha laws of physics!!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy login queue Batman!

Not unexpected and not a complaint, but wow, the first time I've had a huge queue. 14102 of 14120 when I started the game.

Now down to 13468 of 14305...hoping I don't have to do this each time I switch characters. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    edited May 2013
    dwcjackal wrote: »
    Ok this is just getting silly now. larst night i could not update, managed to sort that out then everytime i tryed to log in the sever would time out...and now i get stuck in Queue (first time iv ever been in Queue for this game by the way) ...and then the server times out out on the loading sceen.

The odd thing is this seems to only affect my fed toon. Iv made a romulan toon and that works just fine ...no Queues at all. What going on here ??????

Anyone else getting this ?

It's affecting EVERYONE no matter what they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login Queue.....I can't believe this nonsense. I've never had to wait to play even when they rolled Season 7. Currently 12447 out of 14287. I cannot believe that Cryptic is still relying on so few servers.
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kirk's enterprise's warp drive is about as functional as our STO servers, completely freakign random, sometimes warp speed, sometimes overdrive, sometimes a random worm hole forms when your going... "its nuu good captin, we dun got da powar"